March 11th Windows Update and VBA (dis)functionality in Access

Folks,

I've programmed an AccessXP database that makes extensive use of VBA module
code called via Macro in response to form object events.  Since yesterday's
Office Security updates (multiple), a particular module function called via
macro has begun to throw Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error 2427 - You
entered an expression that has no value.

On debug, it jumps to the second in a series of about 6 If/Else statement in
which the [Object].Value is tested for content.  The first appears to work
correctly, but commenting out the following 5 items one at a time causes the
function to fail on the next If/Else statement (and yes, each terminates with
an End If).

The macro security is set to run at Low and Sandbox has been disabled.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
J.D. Haight

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Was one of the updates installed Office SP 3? There are several known bugs
and hotfixes available with that pack.

"J.D." wrote:

> Folks,
>
> I've programmed an AccessXP database that makes extensive use of VBA module
> code called via Macro in response to form object events.  Since yesterday's
> Office Security updates (multiple), a particular module function called via
> macro has begun to throw Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error 2427 - You
> entered an expression that has no value.
>
> On debug, it jumps to the second in a series of about 6 If/Else statement in
> which the [Object].Value is tested for content.  The first appears to work
> correctly, but commenting out the following 5 items one at a time causes the
> function to fail on the next If/Else statement (and yes, each terminates with
> an End If).
>
> The macro security is set to run at Low and Sandbox has been disabled.
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> J.D. Haight

J.D.,

Oops, ignore my post. I missed your reference to OfficeXP. SP3 applies to
Office 2003.

"nomadk" wrote:

> Was one of the updates installed Office SP 3? There are several known bugs
> and hotfixes available with that pack.
>
> "J.D." wrote:
>
> > Folks,
> >
> > I've programmed an AccessXP database that makes extensive use of VBA module
> > code called via Macro in response to form object events.  Since yesterday's
> > Office Security updates (multiple), a particular module function called via
> > macro has begun to throw Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error 2427 - You
> > entered an expression that has no value.
> >
> > On debug, it jumps to the second in a series of about 6 If/Else statement in
> > which the [Object].Value is tested for content.  The first appears to work
> > correctly, but commenting out the following 5 items one at a time causes the
> > function to fail on the next If/Else statement (and yes, each terminates with
> > an End If).
> >
> > The macro security is set to run at Low and Sandbox has been disabled.
> >
> > Any thoughts?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > J.D. Haight

nomadk,

Thanks for responding.  The database is in 02-03 format, but the problem
originally surfaced when it was run in Access 2003, so SP3 was a factor.
However, I down-revv'ed to AccessXP (a total Office03 uninstallation and
OfficeXP reinstallation) and the problem still persisted.

It seems to be related to subforms for which no records exist.  Instead of
displaying a blank version of the subform for entry of a new record, it
displays no subform fields and the VBA code to change the text of the
corresponding tab control fails.

Thanks,
J.D.

"nomadk" wrote:

> J.D.,
>
> Oops, ignore my post. I missed your reference to OfficeXP. SP3 applies to
> Office 2003.
>
> "nomadk" wrote:
>
> > Was one of the updates installed Office SP 3? There are several known bugs
> > and hotfixes available with that pack.
> >
> > "J.D." wrote:
> >
> > > Folks,
> > >
> > > I've programmed an AccessXP database that makes extensive use of VBA module
> > > code called via Macro in response to form object events.  Since yesterday's
> > > Office Security updates (multiple), a particular module function called via
> > > macro has begun to throw Microsoft Visual Basic Run-time error 2427 - You
> > > entered an expression that has no value.
> > >
> > > On debug, it jumps to the second in a series of about 6 If/Else statement in
> > > which the [Object].Value is tested for content.  The first appears to work
> > > correctly, but commenting out the following 5 items one at a time causes the
> > > function to fail on the next If/Else statement (and yes, each terminates with
> > > an End If).
> > >
> > > The macro security is set to run at Low and Sandbox has been disabled.
> > >
> > > Any thoughts?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > J.D. Haight

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

Excel 97 dropdown function box
The dropdown function box on the Formula Bar show formulas but will no longer show "More Functions". How can I get this item back? ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
I have a procedure that sets up a bunch of querys and then uses the data in the first query to parse out the dates. If I breakpoint the operations following the querys and wait until they have finished, all works properly. But if I pull the breakpoint so the procedure places formulas into the sheet that uses the query data, it puts some of the subsequent formulas in the wrong cells. Setup querys place formula in A1 to count the resulting number of elements produced by the query populate A3 with a formula to parse data from the first column of data Autofill column A using A1 to determine how f...

Array Function Question
I have little knowledge of Array Function. I'm updating a spreadsheet developed by someone else. One array formula trying to lookup data in another spreadsheet looks like below: {=SUM(IF([Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70>=DATEVALUE("01/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70<=DATEVALUE("03/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!B$1:$AR$1=A5,Data]Data!$B$3:$AR$38))))} I was told to press Ctrl/Shift/Enter to refrsh the data and it worked last time(3 months ago). But this time the cell won't refresh but shows the formula text. The formula should be fine. Did I miss anything to refresh...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

2007
Project desktop expert, new to Project Server 2007 and working with a sandbox implementation currently. When I use the PWA Build Team...Replace to replace a generic resource on a project with an actual named resource after first publishing a plan, my updates don't appear to be reflected in Project Server. If I check out and open the Project Plan in MSP Pro, however, the updates were made, and then if I publish the schedule, the updates appear in server. I thought when you made resource updates using PWA that they should be reflected immediately (or as soon as the request...

Enable Canadian Tax Detail option should update cost on receipt la
Would like the Enable Canadian Tax Detail option in the Company Setup Options window to work like how Landed Costs work. For example, if I select to post my tax detail to the Inventory account, I would like it to not only update my Inventory account in the General Ledger, but also to update the cost on the Receipt Layer in Inventory so when the Item is sold, it will sell at the Item Unit Cost plus the tax amount. The voucher created in Payables Management would just include the Item Cost without the tax amount. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft re...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

how do I make a paper look like a windows window?
I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my presentation has more computer like decoration. archer <archer@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to make a paper look like a window in the computer, so my > presentation has more computer like decoration. Step 1: Look at a Windows window. Step 2: Recreate what you see using the shape, text, and picture tools in Publisher Alternatively Step 1: Hire a professional or semi-professional to do this for you. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher Take a screen shot (PrtScrn) t...

window is off screen
Had to look up some 2007 Tax filing stuff today. Back then this computer had two monitors. By default, the tax stuff was sent to the second monitor, it disappears off of the screen now and I cannot look at it. Multiple dragging attemps did not work, thought there was a "key sequence" or ?? to make all windows return to the main monitor?? With two monitors connected 'drag' the stuff on #2 back to #1 - then you can stop using #2 monitor. "Meebers" <Iwork@topposter.com> wrote in message news:e8C0apRzKHA.5288@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

Calling the Page Setup PopUp from VBA..
Hello.. I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the user click to bring up the Page Setup popup screen just like you would do if you chose File -> Page Setup. Does anyone have the VBA code to accomplish this? Please advise... Cheers! Brett Try, docmd.RunCommand acCmdPageSetup Also, do not forget to trap error 2501 should the user cancel the operation. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Brett Davis" wrote: > Hello.. > > I am using Access 2003 and I have a button on my form that I will have the > user click to br...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Re: ODBC driver for CSV/TEXT file on Windows 2008
Additional info: VS 2005 - 32 bit app. I had no problem accessing various SQLserver databases in our network. Bill "Bill N" <billn@jaco.com> wrote in message news:... I need to know how to obtain and install ODBC text driver on a WIndows 2008 server. CUrrently, the only driver installed is SQLServer v 6.01.7600 The code below worked on my PC but not on the server (as a client machine). Dim csvConnection As OdbcConnection Dim ConnectionString As String = "Driver={Microsoft Text Driver (*.txt; *.csv)};Dbq=" & mcsvPath & ";" YOur...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

outlook 2000 running under windows xp
Having recently received automatic updates for windows xp, outlook 2000 hangs on sending/receiving emails, is this a known problem ? I'm not aware of problems. Do you get any error messages? I'd try deleting the *.srs file. It's located at %USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

access application
what are the applications of Microsoft Access ...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

Allow read/write access to a file only from my process
Hello, I have this situation: I need to create a file and alow access (read/write) only from my application process. But I can�t use any kind of CFile::Open flags like CFile::ShareDenyRead because I need to access the file simultaneously from my app, in other words: I want to share the file but only inside my process. The previous situation could seem extrange so I will explain my app deeply: My app hosts a FlashPlayer Activex control and I have the SWF file inside the executable as a resource. As I can't load the SWF file as a stream I need to extract it to a temporary folder, but...

Issues with MSM 04 Updating Accts
i have MS M 04 and last week when i added a new bank to online services the updating function seems to have stoped working. When i update the accounts i get the summary sheet that says Act XXX has Y items to review, but when i open the account there are no items to review, and no items have been matched either (or rather it has not automaticly gone and matched trasactions). i have watied about a week, removed all online services and re added them and i still have this issue. MSM will update the accounts but now show me what has been downloaded, or let me match transcations. In microsoft.publ...