Make Table Query Question 07-21-07

Hello All:

Access 2003

I have a make table query and one of the field is a $$$ dollar amount.
I set the properties to "currency".

However, in the table, the field type is "Number".

Any ideas why this is happening?

-Joe
0
Joe
7/21/2007 4:19:02 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You could try typecasting the field in your query.

For eample, if the design view shows the field like this:
    Amount: [Quantity] * [UnitPrice]
try changing it to:
    Amount: CCur(Nz([Quantity] * [UnitPrice],0))

In general, the better solution is to design the table the way you want it,
and then use an Append query to populate it, rather than a Make Table.

"Joe Blow" <jblow@aol.com> wrote in message
> Hello All:
>
> Access 2003
>
> I have a make table query and one of the field is a $$$ dollar amount.
> I set the properties to "currency".
>
> However, in the table, the field type is "Number".
>
> Any ideas why this is happening?
>
> -Joe

0
Allen

Free Data Process/Query Tool
If you use Excel everyday and spend lots of time on data/text processing, then you will find the this tool (UDQ Add-in) is very powerful and can speed up your daily data processing work. Currently the tool is free for everyone. Please feel free to distribute this tool to your friends/colleagues if you think it is helpful to your work. The following is a list of features/functionality of the tool: 1> Query/Import Data from Multiple External Data/Text/ASCII Files (Can useful import data from hundreds of files within minutes) 2> Query/Import Data from Multiple Closed Excel Files (Can...

Hidden files in Ms-Query cause ODBC connect errors or Query is wac
I have a Query fetch_from_bob that moves data (collapses records,unique key search, etc...) from excel spreadsheet "bob" to excel spreadsheet "fred". Fred and bob live in the same directory" c:\123directory" on the same computer. I allow this query to execute/refresh data automatically when one of the query paramaters is changed. This works great. I also have a macro that invokes the query to refresh the data whenever the user desires. This works great as well. The macro literally has all the VB code to execute the query. But I'm just a part time progra...

Clipart question
I upgraded to Pub2002 from Pub98. I work from home and my employer upgraded my Office 97 to Office 2000. Well, now when I try to get to my clipart from the Clip Gallery Frame plug-in, it wants the Office 2000 disk, which I don't have (my employer keeps all disks). Is there somewhere in Pub2002 that I can change the path from the Office 2000 disk to my Pub2002 disk? When I try to do the "Change Location" option, it looks for that specific clip art file and my disk has 6 or 7 folders of clip art. Thanks, Kristie PUB2000 Error Message: The Feature You Are Trying to Use Is No...

with ref to the dialog editor question
A few days ago I posted a question about "dialog editor." (please see below) Perhaps I was asking the wrong question. I'm trying to create a form to input data similar to the one found by doing a <DATA-Form> but with my own comments etc and using the targets as different parts of the spreadsheet. Please can anyone give me a clue on how to start Regards DAVE Bristol UK "Can someone please help. I am trying to start the dialog editor. my book says :- 1 In microsoft excel for windows, choose Run from the microsoft excel control menu. 2 Select the dialog editor o...

Re: how to make a stealth application
"Joseph M. Newcomer" wrote in message " Note that I cannot install software on my email machine when logged in as 'email'. I have to log off, log in as admin, install the software, and then log back in as 'email'. Worth pointing out that some children who build antispam software only allow the software to run for the installing userid, not have it installed system-wide by a sysadmin. A waste of money." Sir, I am 100% agree with you in above case, but i am just puting my point here, Please i am very-2 grateful if you point out anything that i have ...

Calculated fields in Pivot Tables
Is it possible to use an "if" formula when creating a calculated field? I have an existing field in my pivot table called commissions and I want to create a new field that will give me a 1 if for each row if commissions are over 4 and a 0 if they are under 4. Is this possible? What is the formula? It seems ok Try something like : =IF(Commissions>=4,1,0) -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:1132008509.143327.194520@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to u...

How to make a column of formulas all ROUND
I created a spreadsheet in which I have a column of formulas. Most of these fomulas are simply pulling a single number off another sheet. I want to make all the formulas ROUND versions of the existing formula without having to go into each cell and making the change. They are not in order to which I can just make the first fomula a ROUND fomula and copy down. So, is there a way to select a range of cells and make the existing fomulas all ROUND versions? Thanks. Would this help? Sub RoundAdd() Dim mystr As String Dim cel As Range For Each cel In Selection If...

Formula query #2
I am trying to identify a formula which will add and then display th number of times a number appears in a range. For example, the range looks like this .......A...........B............C 1...1110......1110.......1114 2...1110..... 1111.......1111 3...1111......1112.......1110 4...1111......1113.......1111 The numbers which appear in the applicable range e.g. 1110, could b any number between 1110 and 9999 and as such I cannot simply predefin which number to look for. I am hoping the output could like as follows: .......A........B 1....1110....4 2....1111....5 3....1112....1 4.....

disabling queries or dataranges
I have a large spreadsheet with many embedded queries pulling from an access database that i want to publish to lots of different people. how do i keep the queries from trying to refresh when those people open the book, besides cutting and pasting all the values from one spreadsheet into another one without data ranges? I want the spreadsheet to ask me whether it should refresh on opening, and it does, but i want to be able to disable this and send it on without lot's of work. excel 2000. thanks. -- johnlengacher -------------------------------------------------------------------...

query will not write to excel
I have set up a query to a Foxpro .dbf file in a database from excel. When I tell Excel to import the data it it appears to be working but never seems to return the data. Running the same query via msquery.exe returns the data with no problem. Can anyone tell me what the problem is ? ...

Passing an argument from a query to a command
I am trying to send a report using an email address in a DB. I wrote the following code for it. Private Sub Reminder_Letter_Command_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Reminder_Letter_Command_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim SendTO As String stDocName = "BG Reminder Letter" RunQuery MsgBox "This is After RunQuery " & SendTO SendTO = [Queries]![BG email only from email from ae code].EmailAddress MsgBox "This is SendTO 2 Value ==== " & SendTO DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acViewNormal DoCmd.SendObject acSend...

CString Question #3
How do you go about passing information from one class to a dialog box class. I can do it useing char pointers , i was wanting to try CString pointers. Am i missing something eg CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) I know that i can pass cstring into but how do i pass it back as a pointer to an address. so i can change it. CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(CString DeleteTableName) : CDialog(CDeleteConformation::IDD) thanks kevin_mfc@ihug.com.au >eg >CDeleteConformation::CDeleteConformation(char *DeleteT...

IMS
Hello All: I don't know if it is because I never closely monitored this queue or the server is having issues, but in the Internet Mail Service - Outbound Messages Awaiting Conversion Queue, I am seeing a rather large buildup of messages, most of which are mailer-daemon@ourdomain.com I am also seeing messages destined for internal users.... Can anyone tell me is thi sis normal? I also have a user complaining that someone outside of the company keeps getting a email from her over and over again. I am wondering if the 2 situations here are related or if I have 2 seperate issues. At any ra...

chart question #4
Can anyone please give me some guideline on how to draw a chart with y-axis is the count of the item in x-axis? I am using Excel 97. Thanks. I am not certain I fully understand your question, but I am going to give it a stab. Excel charts are very flexible, and I think you need to keep in mind that you need to have the right data in place to draw the chart. I.e. don't focus on the chart itself, focus on the data in the spreadsheet you are trying to chart, and once that is in place, your chart will look the way you want. -- ChrisJ Omaha "00KobeBrian" wrote: > Can...

Unmatched Query Question
I have a database that I'm using to pull the names of students who have applied for graduation from an Excel spreadsheet, that is updated weekly, into an Access Table. Right now, I'm using an unmatched query to pull Student IDs who have not previously appeared on the Excel spreadsheet. At first, I was a little worried about this because if a student applies for graduation with a dual degree, their name shows up on the Excel Spreadsheet twice (see example below). 111000 Pig Porky BA.PSY 111000 Pig Porky BFA.FP Fortunately, as long as the student's ID number isn't on the Eval S...

pivot table subtotals
I'm stuck trying to develop subtotals in a pivot table. I hav successfully placed Sums of the individual elements, but I'd like "Subtotal" line for specific types of elements i.e.: 1/22 1/23 1/24 Group1 Apples Oranges Pears Group1 Sum Group2 Corn Carrots Beans Group2 Sum Grand Total All of thee above rows/lines calculate just fine except the GroupX Su lines? Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get subtotals to wor correctly? Do -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Double-click on the field button at the top of the Group column. Un...

A question about threads and message queues.
I'm writing a program using MFC, actually I've done this technique several times. I have a primary UI in one window, and I make a UI thread that has a different window that is displaying some graphics. I have a commercial graphics library that has 'transitions' (ways to go from one image to another using wipes or fades and the like). These transitions can be run in a loop for high speed, but still take a few seconds, during which time the UI on all threads in the app freeze. The solution to this is to repeatedly send a message to do the next step (via a timer or otherwise) ...

Pub 2003 V11 How do I make A6 booklet pages in sequence A4 print
I wish to make up a booklet of an A6 size and have pages in sequence when developing booklet. Then sent to printer so that pages are printed back to back and when pages are removed and sequenced and folded, it makes a A6 booklet. File, page setup, booklet, portrait, type 10.5cm width, 14.8 height. This will create two small A6 booklets. You will have to cut the booklets apart. If you plan to use A6 paper, you will need to setup your printer first for the correct custom size. Publisher will keep the pages in sequence. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "About...

Counting Blank Cells in Pivot Table
How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts everything that had data (A, B, C, D, etc...) but does not count the blank cells. Thank you, Jack As answered in microsoft.public.excel.charting: To count the blanks you could use a space character, or the formula ="", in the source data, instead of leaving the cells blank. The pivot table will be able to count those. Jack wrote: > How do I have a Pivot Table count the blank cells as well > as the other cells? The Pivot table I created counts > everythi...

Specify data for use in FRx pivot tables
How do I specify what data fields appear in an Excel pivot table (or ..cub file) from FRx? I want to export the natural account number into the pivot table to sort on. TIA ...

Code to make a Spinner button work with Filters on a Pivot Table
I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was able to use it and my backup was a week old! Does anyone have this code? -- TheTraveler Hi Take a look on Debra Dalgleish's site http://www.contextures.com/PivotMultiPagesChangeAll.zip -- Regards Roger Govier TheTraveler wrote: > I create a lot of Pivot Tables with filter fields. Years ago I saw a demo on > this tool and loved it. I got the code and my computer died before I was > able to use it and m...

How do you make captions for pictures in Publisher 2003
I have a publisher document with many pictures in it. What is the best way to create a caption for each picture? I've used text boxes. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8580D219-405D-470E-9631-A986A89E460B@microsoft.com... >I have a publisher document with many pictures in it. What is the best way > to create a caption for each picture? > "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:8580D219-405D-470E-9631-A986A89E460B@microsoft.com... >>...

7 / 21 day timer
I think I understand when the 7 or extended 21 days timer starts when joining a second DC to the domain and transferring the FSMO roles. My question is: How can I verify that the timer did or did not start? Is there a specific event log entry...in system which indicates? If so, what is it? Happy Holidays! Bill Brunt wrote: > I think I understand when the 7 or extended 21 days timer starts when joining > a second DC to the domain and transferring the FSMO roles. > > My question is: > > How can I verify that the timer did or did not start? > &g...

Single AD 2000 DC...would you first make a BDC of a second AD2000
Just one W2Ksp4 DC. No Exchange in the environment. Only AD and DNS are on this box. File/print, iis, sharepoint, everything has been off-loaded to other W2K3sp2 servers. Do I make a W2K BDC before I attempt an upgrade? My gut says no, the migration path is too neat and clean to make a W2K3sp2 a BDC to my existing and then promote it. Thank you very much for your thoughts, ideas, warnings or otherwise. Cheers. Hello Dirt, It is recommended to have at least 2 DC/DNS/GC per domain for failover and redundancy. In your case add a second server to the domain which you install ...

Make all dates display 01 as the day
I have a list of dates with various numbers listed as the day (03/25/2009, 04/05/2010, etc.) I need a formula to change all of the dates to display 01 as the day (03/01/2009, 04/01/2010, etc). Thanks! -- LL28 First date in A1 (03/25/2009) In B1 =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),1) will display 01/05/2009 best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "LovingLife28" <LovingLife28@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDFA5015-6DF0-4374-842F-C8DA14E9952F@microsoft.com... > I have a list of dates with various number...