Make table query 12-09-09

Can you set the datatype within a make table query. I want to add a new
field  which I want it to be yes/no but it comes out as number 0 in the
table schema. I like it to be yes/no.

0
Phil
12/9/2009 6:28:42 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Are you saying that the field that's created is a Numeric field, or that
it's a Yes/No field, but it displays a number, not the words Yes or No?

You have very little control over Make Table queries. That's why the
recommended approach is usually to create the table first, and then append
to it.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Phil Hunt" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
> Can you set the datatype within a make table query. I want to add a new
> field  which I want it to be yes/no but it comes out as number 0 in the
> table schema. I like it to be yes/no.

0
Douglas
12/9/2009 7:24:11 PM
Thanks. That's what I thought.

"Douglas J. Steele" <NOSPAM_djsteele@NOSPAM_gmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you saying that the field that's created is a Numeric field, or that
> it's a Yes/No field, but it displays a number, not the words Yes or No?
>
> You have very little control over Make Table queries. That's why the
> recommended approach is usually to create the table first, and then append
> to it.
>
> --
> Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
> http://I.Am/DougSteele
> (no e-mails, please!)
>

> "Phil Hunt" <aaa@aaa.com> wrote in message
>> Can you set the datatype within a make table query. I want to add a new
>> field  which I want it to be yes/no but it comes out as number 0 in the
>> table schema. I like it to be yes/no.

0
Phil

Query similar data across two tables
Hi all, I have two tables I'd like to compare a field from each even though the data in the fields are not a 100% match. Table 1: Zip5 This would contain something like 25865 22365 etc Table 2: ZipPlus4 This table would be like this: 25865-5563 22365-8574 (Basically the same 5 digit zip as above plus the zip+4. May or may not have a dash -) If I do a simple Join I can view which rows are identical, but I can't figure out how to compare what I've tried to show above. Any help would be much appreciated. Jason In your query, add a new field in that "calculates" t...

Signature #12
I am using MS Office XP2003 with Outlook. I am trying unsuccessfully to get my e-mails to include automatically a signature block. I did the following: tools options mail format signatures selected the sigtnature and clicked apply but no siganture appears on the mail. What am I missing? Robert E Fine <refine13@adelphia.net> wrote: > I am using MS Office XP2003 with Outlook. > > I am trying unsuccessfully to get my e-mails to include automatically > a signature block. > > I did the following: > > tools > options > mail format > signatures Just abo...

Query
can excell make a query?please help me Look in Excel's On-line Help for the topic "Importing data with Microsoft Query" rindra99 wrote: > can excell make a query?please help me -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

No Pivot Table Totals Wanted
Is it possible to get pivot to not put the totals in for the Row are besides going to each field and saying none under the "Field Settings" I put these pivot tables together, and everytime I have to go back an change the field settings so I get no totals. I don't want the totals I thought through the table options by taking the checks out of th grand totals and auto format it would take care of it but it doesn't Just getting tired of changing those settings individually each time Any ideas is there a way I hope someone has something or maybe I a going brain dead let me know ...

How do I remove the (blank) from an excel pivot table?
I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many of the items on the list will be blank. On the pivot table, the blank items show up as (blank) - I want the cell to be empty! I tried setting the table empty values but that doesn't work...any help would be greatly apprecated... If you click the small black triangle near the top of the Table, a menu will appear. Just clear the checkbox next to (blank) -- Gary''s Student "MarkfromAZ" wrote: > I am trying to create a pivot table from a liston an excel spreadsheet. Many > of the...

Is there a way to turn off the prompts of a make table query?
I merely want to update the table to be used as an export to Excel using TransferSpreadsheet. Each time it prompts for deleting old records and adding new records. Is there a was to turn off the prompts? Bottom line - I want to create an Macro to export the output of a query to an Excel spreadsheet. BobC, DoCmd.SetWarnings False 'Off Your TransferSpreadsheet line here DoCmd.SetWarnings True 'On -- Gina Whipp "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "...

Creating a Query based of two diffent data tables
Access 2000- I am trying to create a Query based off two tables. I am working with two tables and the only matching field out of both tables is an account number. How do I write an expression or criteria in the design view that will allow the account number to match out of each table to gather the rest of the information from both table based off the account numbers? On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 15:30:01 -0700, CSnTexas <CSnTexas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Access 2000- I am trying to create a Query based off two tables. >I am working with two tables and the only mat...

Business Portal Query Security
I need to create payroll & HR queries for users, but I do not want them to have the ability to modify queries or to create new queries. Patti, Thanks for using the newsgroups. I wouldn't suggest tring to secure your data by not allowing users to create or modify queries. The best way to secure your data is through the data permissions. Only give users data permissions they should have. You can create new data permissions and take away properties if appropriate. Finally, BP has out of the box data permissions called "XXXX-Restricted Self". This means the user can...

Prompting for a parameter in a query when one isnt present
I am trying to use an Iif statement in a query, using a calculated field as one of the result paramets: Exp1: Iif([code]="9002,[tothrs],0) [code] is a field in the query being drawn from a table, while [tothrs] is a calculated field in the same query. But for some reason it prompts me for [tothrs] when I run the query. This seems to happen anytime I use a calculated field in a query in another calculation? Is this not allowed in Access and if so how do I get around this? Any suggestions You need to redo the calculation that is TotHrs in the expression. Your ot...

Tables in excel- bringing down formulas for new records.
I am trying to put together a table and want to have an auto number that counts the recods and puts the next number in for a new record. Need a good method to do this and to have it automatically carried down when a new record is created. I also have a formula that calculates interest on a principle amount. Neither formula will come down when a new record is created. Thanks. Sun, 16 May 2010 10:58:01 -0700 from Ben <Ben@discussions.microsoft.com>: > > I am trying to put together a table and want to have an auto number that > counts the recods and puts the...

Pivot Table -- Text??
I don't think this is possible, but thought I'd check to be sure. Can a pivot table display text values or must a pivot table do calculations and only display numbers?? I am basically trying to create a report from data I pulled from MS Project... I've got a resource name, a list of dates, and a list of projects. I'm looking for a solution to the cross tab report "who does what when." I want to create a pivot table that will display the dates as columns, and the resource names as rows... and then in the data section the project name. I want it to look somethin...

Form Queries
I have a form [View Grievance Reports] with several reports set to run by a single macro [View Grievance Reports Macros]. The form [View Grievance Reports] has an unbounded list box that uses a table [Grievance Reports Table] as the row source type. The report based macro works perfectly. I’m now trying to adapt this form and macro to open a specific query when I either click or double click on the query listed on the form. I can get the Query based macro to work if I enter each query for click and double click. If a query is listed on the form and it is not entered in the macro the q...

Making a template
Is there a way to create and save an e-mail template to be used when you want to send the same message to several people, but at different times. I thought one of the older versions had this capability, but I can't figure it out in Windows Live Mail 2009. Thank you. Open a new message window and create the message that will always be the same. You can enter addresses that will always be the same as well. Now, File | Save As and save it to the Desktop or elsewhere as a .eml file. When you want to use this prepared message, just click on the icon that you just created where...

How do records get into the Cost Change History (IV00118) table?
A user showed me a Cost Change History report for one of our item numbers, and it's showing that the cost changed from $0 to $.8844 on 12/11/07. The funny thing is, we don't know how that happened. We have no inventory transactions for that item on that date, so how would these change records been generated? Nothing was received for it in the Purchasing module and no Inventory adjustment transactions were made. The closest transaction they made was to adjust the inventory up by a quantity of 2 on 12/1/07 (with a cost of $0, by the way). We're on SP2 of GP 9.0, so they can&#...

Automate creation of a table of hyperlinks?
I would like to create a simple spreadsheet consisting of a single column, where each entry is a hyperlink to a related image file (located in the same folder as the spreadsheet). It's easy, but laborious, to do the cells one at a time - either with the Hyperlink function or Insert Hyperlink. I can easily generate the list of text entries (just the image file names, to start) with a DOS DIR command to create an importable text file. But haven't been able to figure out how to convert these into Hyperlinks in one fell swoop! - Herb Herb You could try this macro from David McRi...

Makeing a series work from top to bottom
I am trying to keep my line chart looking exactly the same except having the line go from zero to some number, having it come from some number to zero. How can i flip the lines? In article <3A638897-B483-4895-A31E-2FB35B2EA736@microsoft.com>, RobertBrown@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I am trying to keep my line chart looking exactly the same except having the > line go from zero to some number, having it come from some number to zero. > How can i flip the lines? > If I understand you correctly, double-click the vertical axis. Then, from the Scale tab, check ...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

How do you make a chart with right angles only?
I have a set of data with times and a bunch of 0's and 1's. For example, at 1:30 p.m., I have a 0....2:00 p.m., I have a 1...2:30 p.m. I have a 0, etc. I have my 0's and 1's set up on the vertical axis and the times along the horizontal axis. I want my chart to show horizontal and vertical lines ONLY. IE: I want a point at "0" at 1:30 p.m., then I want a horizontal line over to 2:00 p.m., and then I want a line going straight up to "1", and then I want a horizontal line over to 2:30 p.m., and then I want a vertical line straight down to "0&qu...

revised q on report from tables
Hi Would still love help on previous regarding 20 tables but in a panic. :( I have now ref all tables to 1 long list so as a quick fix: the col headings of the list are PC | Name | Rate | B | S |X | L1 In the report sheet I have a drop down list of the PC col. I would like to be able to select the PC and the report be filled with the following data only: | Name | Rate | B | S |X | L1 I have used vlookup and tried to hack an old code that can be copied down but it will only ever show the first record :(:( Sorry for being thick.. Cheers for all help and I ...

query not working 08-21-07
I have 2 tables I am trying to pull data from and am only getting one set of data. table 1 has primary key of palletno. There is a pallet of product produced and there is 1 sometimes 2 referenceno for each pallet. Each referenceno is in table 2 that has fruitid as a primary key. There are 10 bins of fruitid per pallet with 1 referenceno. If there are 2 referenceno's then there are 20 bins of fruitid per pallet. When I run my select query I get only 10 bins of fruitid. It is set up in table 1 as palletno, date dryed, lotno, #casestableA, #casestableB, referenceno, referenceno2...

Pivot Table Orientation
I'm trying to set up a Pivot Table that provides a total job cost and a total sales revenue number side by side instead of having the sales and costs on two separate lines. The pivot table should have a Job Number in the column field and total sales and total costs in the data fields. Do I need to use a macro to accomplish this?Thanks....

Is it possible to run MS CRM Forms inside of parent Iframe/Form? How pass to CRM login/password programatically from parent form? Thanks. i believe this is what you're looking for: http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com/2006/06/showing-associated-activities-in.html unsupported but it works. is_vlb50@hotmail.com wrote: > Is it possible to run MS CRM Forms inside of parent Iframe/Form? > How pass to CRM login/password programatically from parent form? > Thanks. No,I need to display full crm inside my application.And pass login information to crm. Thanks. rvrebel@gmail.com wrote: >...

XML query
Hi, I need to have a small, easy and portable database and i'm thinking of having a simple XML file (without using DTD, etc). Can you please let me know, as to how I can read/write into different attributes. I've given a example XML below and I need to know as to how exactly I can loop and display all the "Title" attributes seperately (i.e. description and URL). <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Titles> <Title Description="Hotmail" URL="http://hotmail.com> <Title Description="Microsoft" U...

RMS MS Access Link
I just figured out a way to more easily manage my database items... You can use a linked table in MS access to connect to the SQL server and. Then the table can be edited in a spreadsheet-like view. Generally, you create a new blank database in Access. Then click on Tables. Right click and create a new linked table. Go through the motions to select your SQL database server and select the dbo.Item table. For more detailed information, search google or go to: http://www.frontpagehowto.com/sqlaccess.htm Jason I did made connection with MS Access but had an error when I try to access or ...

Printing problem #12
I have placed a text box on a chart that includes both text and number (the text box, not the chart). When I print, only the text prints. The numbers don't. It looks like this: Total Income: $67,564.78 Only "Total Income:" prints. What's the deal? Thanks! Cath -- jayhawkjone ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jayhawkjones's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2411 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37743 ...