Main Access window: reposition

Hello,is there any chance to treat main Access window's reposition? As far as I know there's no Reposition event in Access. I have a floating form which displays within the area of the first toolbar of main form (just below the title) and I'd like to move it together with main Access's window.Or is there any way how to display a label or a textboxt within a toolbar?TIAVlado
0
windows
3/6/2007 9:34:30 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mar 6, 5:34 pm, Vladim=EDr Cvajniga <nos...@thank.you> wrote:> Hello,>> is there any chance to treat main Access window's reposition? As far as I> know there's no Reposition event in Access. I have a floating form which> displays within the area of the first toolbar of main form (just below the> title) and I'd like to move it together with main Access's window.>> Or is there any way how to display a label or a textboxt within a toolbar?>> TIA>> Vladohttp://allapi.mentalis.org/agnet/appdown.shtmlAlthough I think updates are no longer available, this is still agreat tool to have in your arsenal.Or search on how to use GetWindowPlacement and SetWindowPlacement.These should move the main window.Moving the form is easier DoCmd.MoveSize [right][, down][, width][,height]Displaying controls other than the standard menu and buttons but Ican't recall at the moment which ones. Look through the help file forthe CommandBars object(s). Lots of objects there to read about.
0
storrboy
3/6/2007 10:08:03 PM
I'm affraid that it's not available for a standard CommandBar. There are some tricks for msoControlPopup but I don't think I may re-distribute MSO toolbars.Vlado"storrboy" <storrboy@sympatico.ca> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:1173218883.146533.201280@t69g2000cwt.googlegroups.com...On Mar 6, 5:34 pm, Vladim�r Cvajniga <nos...@thank.you> wrote:> Hello,>> is there any chance to treat main Access window's reposition? As far as I> know there's no Reposition event in Access. I have a floating form which> displays within the area of the first toolbar of main form (just below the> title) and I'd like to move it together with main Access's window.>> Or is there any way how to display a label or a textboxt within a toolbar?>> TIA>> Vladohttp://allapi.mentalis.org/agnet/appdown.shtmlAlthough I think updates are no longer available, this is still agreat tool to have in your arsenal.Or search on how to use GetWindowPlacement and SetWindowPlacement.These should move the main window.Moving the form is easier DoCmd.MoveSize [right][, down][, width][,height]Displaying controls other than the standard menu and buttons but Ican't recall at the moment which ones. Look through the help file forthe CommandBars object(s). Lots of objects there to read about.
0
iso
3/10/2007 12:57:57 PM
On Mar 10, 7:57 am, Vladim=EDr Cvajniga <nos...@thank.you> wrote:> I'm affraid that it's not available for a standard CommandBar. There are> some tricks for msoControlPopup but I don't think I may re-distribute MSO> toolbars.>Why not? When you create a custom one it goes with the DB.
0
storrboy
3/10/2007 1:22:04 PM
I'm affraid that the mso* stuff belongs to Microsoft Office Object Library and thus may not be redistributed. :-/Vlado"storrboy" <storrboy@sympatico.ca> p�se v diskusn�m pr�spevku news:1173532924.172801.133730@8g2000cwh.googlegroups.com...On Mar 10, 7:57 am, Vladim�r Cvajniga <nos...@thank.you> wrote:> I'm affraid that it's not available for a standard CommandBar. There are> some tricks for msoControlPopup but I don't think I may re-distribute MSO> toolbars.>Why not? When you create a custom one it goes with the DB.
0
iso

parent window?
hi, Im trying to display bmp image using static control.I have created a pointer as cstatic stc; when i use stc.Create(NULL,SS_BITMAP,pos,?); what shall i give for the parent window of static control? i used getactivewindow(),but i was not able to display bmp when setbitmap(Hbmp) is used. thanks in advance susi ...

Frame window does not get displayed properly
Hi All, I have a Dialog based applciation. I want to create a Frame window when clicked on the button on Dialog. The problem is I handled the Painting of the dialog (I draw a picture on so WM_PAINT message I handle.) but doing this I am not able to draw the frame window properly. It appears to be transparent to me . I am setting the CFrameWnd to be the child of CDialog Please Can you let me know how to draw the farme window of how can I have a floting window on a dialog. Thanks Anup I don't know if what you are doing is a good idea. But if you want to have a floating window ins...

Copying an HBITMAP to a CDC Virtual Window
CDC m_memDC; // virtual window device context HBITMAP hbitmap; ...

Access file size
I just added a couple of graphics files (jpeg & gif) to a report, files that total less than 300k. The access file size jumped up by about 30 meg as a result! Is there any way to reduce this to a reasonable size? Compacting reduces the file size by about 1 meg, as does importing everything to a new access database. Thanks in advance for any help. Fred Fredrated wrote: >I just added a couple of graphics files (jpeg & gif) to a report, files that >total less than 300k. The access file size jumped up by about 30 meg as a >result! > >Is there any way to reduce ...

Sending Access database through Outlook
How can I change the access file extension from .mdb to .bak to let me send my database using Outlook? "nessy" <nessy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:432F0932-9054-43E5-83E3-6D56745AD4E4@microsoft.com... > How can I change the access file extension from .mdb to .bak to let me > send > my database using Outlook? Am I missing something obvious but obviously not mentioned, like saving the file from Access, renaming its extension, and then e-mailing the file? -- _________________________________________________________________ ******** Post repl...

Outlook 2000 Premium/Windows 2000
I can receive e-post but suddenly not SEND any mailmessages. I have been in contact with Bostream Support and they have concluded that there is something wrong with my Outlook-version. I have tried to upgrade it with both "Service Pack for Office and Windows", but I only get messages like "cannot find the expected version on the system", "internal wrong 2203", "this update cannot be used", "Installation error: Wrong/incorrect syntax for filename, cataloguename or volumelabel" after inspection of actual configuration". What can I...

Adding Links to 3rd Party Windows in VBA
We just purchased a product called Multi-Company Inventory Manager, which allows you to view inventory levels from different companies in GP, and we are trying to add a link to this 3rd party window using VBA. We have set up a button on the Sales Transaction Detail Screen, but we are unable to use VBA to have this button link to that window. I already added the window to VBA, and I used the following code, which gave me a 'Object Required' error: Multi_Site_Inventory_Manager.MultiCompanyItemLocation.Open If anyone has any ideas on how to make this work, or how I can set up a l...

where to get Access drivers for Excel?
I am working on importing Access databases into Excel (learning) and I need the drivers for importing data. Where to find them? Thanks Should be installed already but if you're having problems like error messages have a look here for adding drivers you need. Start>Settings>Control Panel>Data Sources(ODBC) Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 04:17:54 +0530, "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote: >I am working on importing Access databases into Excel (learning) and I need >the drivers for importing data. Where to find them? Thanks > ...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...

unable to link from Access to excel named range error 3011
I have a list of xl workbook names in an Access table. My code cycles through these names and finds them in a directory. This works flawlessly. Now I want to find and name ranges in the workbooks, and link to them from my Access db. The process works for the first 2, then fails on the 3rd. I don't see what's different about the 3rd tblName lclName CellTxt RngNm Active and Approved Pending Stores*.xls xlStores Location Code Stores Annualized Rent Batch*.xls xlExtras Store Number Extras ...

Installing Money 2003 on a Windows XP Pro machine
I am currently running Money 2001 on a different (Win98) machine. I want to do a clean install of Money 2003 on my XP Pro machine and convert my data files to work. Are there detailed instructions on this process anywhere I can access. I thought I saw such instructions at one time but have been unable to locate. Chris It isn't exactly difficult. 1) Install M2003 on XP machine 2) copy M2001 *.mny file to XP machine 3) On XP machine navigate to *.mny file above 4) double click on file name. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...

"how to" access MS Money on the Web
I recently had to sign up with a hotmail account in order to automatically download from one of my charge cards (my other cards and checking accounts could download directly from the bank to MS Money). During the signup process, it told me I could access my accounts from any computer on the internet. How do I access my accounts from any computer on the internet? Is there a web page I can log into? Thanks -rwg In microsoft.public.money, rwg wrote: >I recently had to sign up with a hotmail account in order to >automatically download from one of my charge cards (my other cards and ...

SBS 2008 Slow Network Performance with Windows XP Clients
Two months ago I completed an uneventful install of SBS 2008 for a company of about 25 users on brand-new hardware. The only significance issues since the install have been performance-related, specifically that browsing shared folders on the server is very slow (displaying the contents of folders, for example). Opening large documents and media files is also very slow, and at least one server-based Visual Foxpro program which ran very fast under the old Server 2003 server slows to a crawl with the new server. However, all these woes disappear if the client is Windows 7 - the ...

Giving Someone Access to Another Mailbox
I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to start sifting thru one of our executives email. What is the best way for this person to be able to see mailbox items? I would like to give this access via OWA only if possible and not neccessarily set it up on the client Outlook. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Which version of Exchange Server are you running? "mpallo" <mpallo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CCFB8C2-E2EC-40B7-A5F2-27D37E856ABE@microsoft.com... >I have a situation where one of our Admin Assistants is going to st...

Access 10-29-07
How can I convert an access document to an Microsoft word or regular document? Realistically, there's no such thing as "an access document". Access is a database development environment. What exactly is it you're hoping to convert to a Word document? (and what's your definition of a "regular document"?) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "smithrj" <smithrj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC54B5BB-29CD-4F42-8DCE-30FE5876FB17@microsoft.com... > How can I convert an a...

Update an Access 2003 DB by using Access 2000
Hi, Are there any possible problems using Access 2000 to update an Access 2003 application? I have been asked to make some simple changes to an Access 2003 application but I don't have 2003 on my machines. I could install 2003, but if I don't have to I want to hold off until I clean up the machines a bit. I have made a few changes to the app, and so far so good. I just want to make sure something doesn't break when the client gets the updated version. Any comments would be appreciated. You should be fine. Potential pitfalls: 1. If the mdb uses the A2002/03 file format, y...

Opening the help window
I have prototyped something before trying it for real in our application. I have this line in my prototype: ::HtmlHelp(GetSafeHwnd(), cHelpFile, HH_DISPLAY_INDEX, NULL); This opens the help system in a separate window, which I can always find later (with FindWindow) and direct to particular pages. Doing the above in the application gives me an unresolved external error, but I can't find anything to include that I'm not already including. MSDN doesn't mention what to include in the help page for HtmlHelp operation. What should I include? Or what am I missing? "GT&q...

retreive email from windows 2000
my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft 2003, so that means I have email with outlook. My question is how can I get my old email account from windows 2000 to go with my new email at outlook 2003 In news:B382F7A3-5F1F-49B3-8F4C-DC12231BF048@microsoft.com, eco12759 <eco12759@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > my computer system (windows 2000 professional) was corrupt/missing > files so could not startup. installed windows xp with microsoft > 2003, so that means I have email with out...

How do I unlock the document in my Windows Messenger?
I have been trying to use the Windows Messenger that was pre installed in my computer and I have even upgraded to Windows Messenger 5.1 hoping that I could finally utilize it but unfortunately, everytime I would send a message, There is always that statement that" the modification of this document is locked". Can you please help me with this and unlock whatever it is that has been locked so I can use the Windows Messenger? Messenger? Are you trying to relate this to Outlook somehow? FYI Messenger 5.1 is extremely old. You should upgrade. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http...

False Positive with CA and Windows Update
After applying the most recent virus update (7318) Windows Update fails to work properly. When accessing the page I get a message asking me to install the software for Windows Update. When I click on "Install" I get a pop up message from CA saying that it has detected win32/asuspect.haeof in wuweb.dll and quarantined it. Then windows update does not continue. This is happening on all three of our computers. Windows update worked fine immediately before applying this update. When I do a complete virus scan it comes up clean. CA confirms there is a False positive and t...

Outlook Cannot Run Add-In...Windows Installer Error 1605
I'm getting the follwing error message when I try use and setup my new Office Outlook 2003 (SBE with contact manager) for the first time: "Microsoft Outlook Cannot Run the Add-In ... Windows Installer Error 1605" I've found this article on the Microsoft Knowledge Base, but it addresses only Outlook 2002: OL2002: Error Message: Microsoft Outlook Cannot Run the Add-In ... Windows Installer Error 1605 Does anyone know of a solution that will fix this problem in Outlook 2003 or does the above article for 2002 also apply for Outlook 2003? Thanks. Dennis Boone ...

Data Access Pages
Hi I have a client who requested a database to deal with Bookings for his holiday cottages. He also has a website which displays the prices & availabilty of the cottages. At the moment, when he gets a booking, he has to go manually amend his webpage to show that the cottage has now been booked for the given period. I created a form that looked exactly like his website. Then, on the page that processes customers booking forms, as soon as he confirms the booking, the availabilty property of the cottage is changed from available to booked. I kinda hoped I would be able to use this in place o...

windows xp stuck in 640x480 mode
Heres the story. I have a refurnished gateway(xp pro) that was running good. - I went to the windows update site and downloaded alot of the updates. Afterwords. i downloaded a few optional software and hardware updates. This somehow caused the display setting to stay on 640x480 pixels-4 bit (color quality). The optional updates were for the monitor and video card. -Next, i ran dban to wipe the harddrive clean and reinstall with a dell reinstall disc. The display setting is still stuck on 640x480 pixels-4 bit. After the reinstall, its not connecting to the net; through my broadban...

Preventing Internet Access
How can I prevent users from going on the Internet through Outlook? Answered in the outlook.general newsgroup. Do NOT multipost! Multiposting; Posting the same message in different newsgroup separately. Crossposting; Posting one message addressed to several newsgroups Crossposting is better cause all the newsgroups will see all the responses where by Multiposting people won't see what is already suggested/solved in other newsgroups which is just a big waste of time for people who are trying to help them. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: ...