Mailing Lists filters

** I am new to Access**

But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.

My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.

Thanks for your help.
0
Tom
3/22/2008 12:21:56 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In your Donors table add a new column (field), Status say, of text data type
in which you can insert values such as Active, Inactive, Deceased etc.  Then
for your mailing list report base it on a query which has the criterion
'Active' for the Status column.  Only the donors recorded as Active will be
included in the report.

However, there is another step you should take and that's create a new table
called Statuses with a single column Status, defined as its primary key, in
which you enter each of the terms Active, Inactive, Deceased etc as separate
rows (records).  In the database's Relationships window relate this table to
your Donors table on the Status columns and enforce referential integrity and
cascade updates (but not cascade deletes).  This will ensure that you can
only have valid Status values in the Donors table (guarding against typos
etc), and that if you change a Status value in the Statuses table for any
reason,  e.g. from Deceased to Dead, then all the matching values in the
Donors table will automatically change.  BTW 'value' in database terms has
nothing to do with 'worth', its just an instance of an attribute type, e.g.
Active and Inactive are values of the Status attribute type.  Columns in a
table represent attribute types for the entity type which the table
represents.

Having a separate Statuses table also makes data entry in the Donors table
easier because in you data entry form (data should always be entered via
forms, never in raw datasheet view of a table) you can have a combo box bound
to the Status column, with a RowSource of:

SELECT Status FROM Statuses ORDER BY Status;

so the user simply selects a status value from the list rather than having
to type it in.

As you’ve, been storing your data in Excel its likely its not currently in
the best form for storage in a relational database like Access.  It will
probably contain 'redundancy', i.e. the same 'fact' will be repeated more
than once.  In a relational database redundancy is undesirable because it
allows inconsistent data to be entered, and is eliminated by a process known
as normalization, which involves decomposing a table into several related
tables.  While I can't say without more information what might be required in
you case here's a brief outline of the principles of normalization which
hopefully give you an idea of what's involved:

"Normalization is the process of eliminating redundancy from a database, and
involves decomposing a table into several related tables.  In a relational
database each table represents an entity type, e.g. Contacts, Companies,
Cities, States etc. and each column in a table represents an attribute of the
entity type, e.g. ContactID, FirstName and LastName might be attributes of
Contacts and hence columns of a Contacts table.  Its important that each
attribute must be specific to the entity type, so that each 'fact' is stored
once only.  In the jargon its said that the attribute is 'functionally
dependent' solely on the whole of the primary key of a table.

To relate tables a 'referencing' table will have a foreign key column which
makes the link to the 'referenced' table, e.g. a Contacts table might have a
CompanyID column as a foreign key, while a Companies table has a CompanyID
column as its primary key.  Consequently no data other than the CompanyID
needs to be stored in a row in the Contacts table for all the company
information for that contact to be known; its available via the relationship
and can be returned in a query joining the two tables on the CompanyID
columns.

Similarly the Companies table might have a CityID column and the Cities
table a StateID column.  If its an international database the States (or more
generically Regions) table would have a CountryID referencing the primary key
of a Countries table.  So via the relationships, simply by entering (in
reality this would be selected from a list of Companies in a combo box, not
typed in) a CompanyID in the Contacts table the location of the contact's
company is also known.  Redundancy, and therefore repetitive data entry is
avoided.

To see how a database is made up of related tables take a look at the sample
Northwind database.  Its not completely normalized in fact (deliberately so
for the sake of simplicity) but illustrates the main principles of how tables
representing entity types relate to each other.  An example of its lack of
proper normalization can be found in its Customers table.  You'll see that
this has City, Region and Country columns so we are told numerous times that
São Paulo is in SP region (as is Resende) and that SP region is in Brazil.
Not only does this require repetitive data entry, but more importantly it
opens up the risk of 'update anomalies', e.g. it would be perfectly possible
to put São Paulo in California in one row and California in Ireland!  Proper
normalization as I described above would prevent this as the fact that São
Paulo is in SP region would be stored only once in the database as would the
fact that SP region is in Brazil and California is in the USA."

As you've been recording donations over a number of years you'll no doubt
have a number of different donations per donor recorded, so you'll most
probably need a Donors table and a Donations table, the latter with a foreign
key DonorID column, referencing the primary key of Donors, and columns such
as Amount and DonationDate (don't use date as a column name; it’s the name of
a built in function so should be avoided).  You might also have a column in
the Donations table as a foreign key referencing another table if your fund
is subdivided, so that the subdivision of your fund to which each donation
relates is recorded.  In this scenario the Donations table would actually be
modelling a many-to-many relationship type between donors and the
subdivisions of your fund.  However, I'm just guessing here and would need
more information to advise in detail as to what the appropriate 'logical
model' for your database might be.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

"Tom" wrote:

> ** I am new to Access**
>
> But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
> I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
> to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
> over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
>
> My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
> who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
> Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
> didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
>
> Thanks for your help.

It's even easier in Access. Add a yes/no column to choose which names you
want to include. For your list, simply build a query and add the word "yes"
to the new column's criteria.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Tom" <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> ** I am new to Access**
>
> But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
> I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
> to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
> over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
>
> My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
> who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
> Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
> didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
>
> Thanks for your help.

0
Arvin
3/22/2008 1:36:30 AM
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:21:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom wrote:

> ** I am new to Access**
>
> But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
> I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
> to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
> over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
>
> My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
> who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
> Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
> didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
>
> Thanks for your help.

I assume you wish the donation letter to be personalized, rather than
just a label to stick on the envelope.

One way...
Import the entire Excel file into an Access table.
Then open the table in Design view.
Add a new field:
Name it 'Active'
Check box  YesNo datatype

Add a new DonorID field.
AutoNumber Indexed No Duplicates
Make this field the Prime Key field.

Create a form, based using this table as it's record source.
Include all of the fields in the form.
Set it's Default View to Continuous

Now open the form.
Navigate through all of the records, checking the Active check box for
each person who is still actively donating.

Create a new query.
Include all of the fields of this table.
As criteria on this query's  'Active' field write:
Yes
Name this query qryActiveDonors

Create a new letter report asking for a donation.
Set the report's record source to the query.
If you need help with the personalized letter, post back with more
information.

When you wish to mail requests for a donation the donor names will
have been filtered to just the active ones.

Is this what you want?
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
On Mar 21, 9:36=A0pm, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a...@m.com> wrote:
> It's even easier in Access. Add a yes/no column to choose which names you
> want to include. For your list, simply build a query and add the word "yes=
"
> to the new column's criteria.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVPhttp://www.datastrat.comhttp://www.mvps.org/accesshtt=
p://www.accessmvp.com

> "Tom" <Tesno...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > ** I am new to Access**
>
> > But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
> > I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
> > to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
> > over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
>
> > My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
> > who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
> > Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
> > didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
>
> > Thanks for your help.- Hide quoted text -

Ok, if I add the yes/no and run a query..I get that. But doesn't a
mail merge have to be done against a table?
0
Tom
3/22/2008 1:44:33 AM
On Mar 21, 9:41=A0pm, fredg <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote:
> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:21:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom wrote:
> > ** I am new to Access**
>
> > But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
> > I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
> > to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
> > over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
>
> > My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
> > who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
> > Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
> > didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
>
> > Thanks for your help.
>
> I assume you wish the donation letter to be personalized, rather than
> just a label to stick on the envelope.
>
> One way...
> Import the entire Excel file into an Access table.
> Then open the table in Design view.
> Add a new field:
> Name it 'Active'
> Check box =A0YesNo datatype
>
> Add a new DonorID field.
> AutoNumber Indexed No Duplicates
> Make this field the Prime Key field.
>
> Create a form, based using this table as it's record source.
> Include all of the fields in the form.
> Set it's Default View to Continuous
>
> Now open the form.
> Navigate through all of the records, checking the Active check box for
> each person who is still actively donating.
>
> Create a new query.
> Include all of the fields of this table.
> As criteria on this query's =A0'Active' field write:
> Yes
> Name this query qryActiveDonors
>
> Create a new letter report asking for a donation.
> Set the report's record source to the query.
> If you need help with the personalized letter, post back with more
> information.
>
> When you wish to mail requests for a donation the donor names will
> have been filtered to just the active ones.
>
> Is this what you want?
> --
> Fred
> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
> I do not reply to personal e-mail

The mail merge letter is part of what I want, but I will also need to
make the mailing labels. I think I am reading in your response that
the "mail merge" can be done from a query result. Is this correct?
What about the mailing labels?
0
Tom
3/22/2008 1:50:15 AM
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:44:33 -0700 (PDT), Tom <TesnoBay@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Ok, if I add the yes/no and run a query..I get that. But doesn't a
>mail merge have to be done against a table?

No. You can do anything with a Query that you can do with a Table. Queries are
the backbone of any Access app.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:50:15 -0700 (PDT), Tom wrote:

> On Mar 21, 9:41�pm, fredg <fgutk...@example.invalid> wrote:
>> On Fri, 21 Mar 2008 17:21:56 -0700 (PDT), Tom wrote:
>>> ** I am new to Access**
>>
>>> But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
>>> I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
>>> to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
>>> over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
>>
>>> My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
>>> who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
>>> Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
>>> didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
>>
>>> Thanks for your help.
>>
>> I assume you wish the donation letter to be personalized, rather than
>> just a label to stick on the envelope.
>>
>> One way...
>> Import the entire Excel file into an Access table.
>> Then open the table in Design view.
>> Add a new field:
>> Name it 'Active'
>> Check box �YesNo datatype
>>
>> Add a new DonorID field.
>> AutoNumber Indexed No Duplicates
>> Make this field the Prime Key field.
>>
>> Create a form, based using this table as it's record source.
>> Include all of the fields in the form.
>> Set it's Default View to Continuous
>>
>> Now open the form.
>> Navigate through all of the records, checking the Active check box for
>> each person who is still actively donating.
>>
>> Create a new query.
>> Include all of the fields of this table.
>> As criteria on this query's �'Active' field write:
>> Yes
>> Name this query qryActiveDonors
>>
>> Create a new letter report asking for a donation.
>> Set the report's record source to the query.
>> If you need help with the personalized letter, post back with more
>> information.
>>
>> When you wish to mail requests for a donation the donor names will
>> have been filtered to just the active ones.
>>
>> Is this what you want?
>> --
>> Fred
>> Please respond only to this newsgroup.
>> I do not reply to personal e-mail
>
> The mail merge letter is part of what I want, but I will also need to
> make the mailing labels. I think I am reading in your response that
> the "mail merge" can be done from a query result. Is this correct?
> What about the mailing labels?

Yes, you would use the query as the basis for the mail merge and also
as the basis for the mailing labels.
The table holds all of the donors names, active and inactive.
This way, if an inactive donor becomes active again, all you need do
is check the check box.
The query will display only the active ones.

--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.
I do not reply to personal e-mail
0
fredg
3/22/2008 4:24:36 AM
You can download a demo showing how to undertake various Access to Word
operations, including mail merging, inserting data into bookmarks etc at:

http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=23781.1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-msdevapps

The demo uses a query as the basis of the merge.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

"Tom" wrote:

> On Mar 21, 9:36 pm, "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a...@m.com> wrote:
> > It's even easier in Access. Add a yes/no column to choose which names you
> > want to include. For your list, simply build a query and add the word "yes"
> > to the new column's criteria.
> > --
> > Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVPhttp://www.datastrat.comhttp://www.mvps.org/accesshttp://www.accessmvp.com
> >
> > "Tom" <Tesno...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > > ** I am new to Access**
> >
> > > But I am willing to learn. Here's my question; I am moving a file that
> > > I have used successfully in Excel for several years to track donations
> > > to a scholarship fund. I have approx. 300 names in the file, however
> > > over the years people have stopped donating or died, whatever.
> >
> > > My question is that when I go to do the next mailing, I will decide
> > > who I will be including. How do i cull out this group from the 300? In
> > > Excel I would simply copy the entire list, then filter out those I
> > > didn't want and save those remaining on the list as a new file.
> >
> > > Thanks for your help.- Hide quoted text -

> Ok, if I add the yes/no and run a query..I get that. But doesn't a
> mail merge have to be done against a table?

disable MDI window list menu
I created a MDI application. When I create a new child window, it automatically adds window name to the 'Window' menu, i.e., it adds 'Doc1', 'Doc2'... How do I make it NOT do that? Thanks. WJ You can change the default name of your documents (in the string table) or you could remove the Window menu from the top menu, or, I think, you can just hook into OnInitMenuPopup() for the mainframe and remove the entries starting with AFX_IDM_FIRST_MDICHILD. This article might help you get started. In this one they remove all those items and replace them with a popup...

Problem after e-mail server re-start
Hi, I have the prblem for OWA users to access the Exchange server every times re-started the server, and Outlook users using IMAP connection also experience delays or hangs. The following is found in the event log Source: W3SVC Event ID: 101 The server was unable to add the virtual root '/Exchange' for the directory 'M:\speedsourcing.com\MBX' due to the following error: The system cannot find the path specified. The data is the error code. From the Internet Services Manager, paths for Exchange, ExchWeb & Exadmin are all unavailable. The first two can be manually r...

Filter customerid
Hello, When I choose to sort the sales transaction records by "customerid", in the Sales Transaction Entry screen, I would like to further filter the records based on the starting character of the customerid. I would want to accomplish this using VBA. In other words if the customerid is chosen to be the sortby option, then if I click on the nextbuttontoolbar/previousbuttontoolbar/ endoffilebuttontoolbar etc, I would want to filter the records based on the starting character of the customerid, in addition to the sort by customerid. Thanks ...

Exporting distribution lists
Is thee any way to export distribution lists into something like a spreadsheet? Hello: Which version of Exchange are you using? In 5.5 it is easy to do. 200x is not as easy, but doable. Regards, Martin "Elbryyan" <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:483201c4a09c$dd0a5240$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is thee any way to export distribution lists into > something like a spreadsheet? Do you keep all of your DGs in one OU? If so you can easily use LDIFDE or dsquery group. "Elbryyan" <elbryyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:483201c4a09c$dd0a524...

Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book #2
Hi all, I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" is unchecked. To save me going to all workstations and checking this setting, is there some way I can set it to "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" automatically? Cheers Marty... ....ms... <martin@adg.com.au> wrote: > Hi all, > > I have just created a new contacts list in our public folders. > When I go to all the workstations, the "Show this folder as an e-mail > Address Book&q...

batch importing of mailing lists to Excel
I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then have to individually copy & paste (or type) all the info in three Excel columns? Or is there a simpler solution for batch importing of mailing lists to the Excel spreadsheet? "bgsignal" wrote: > I've got a mailing list of around 1000 names, stored in both Word and > Entourage like this: First Name Last Name <e-mail address> > Once I’ve eliminated the < >, do I then ...

Why won't contacts list out in address book
When I open my address book or select the To: or CC: options, my contacts are not listed out. I performed the steps at the below link. The address book appears to be linked to the contact folder since the address book shows the correct contact file in the very top and will search from it, but why aren't the contacts listed for easier selection like I've seen before? Thanks.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002 To give further info, I am running Outlook 2007 and the only message in either the global address list or my sp...

Filter to specify which account is used according to email address?
I use outlook for work and personal email but i use two different accounts to send/recive email. I have run into the problem of sometimes mistakenly using my personal account to send work emails. So my question is: Is it possible to specify that addresses that meet a certain criteria be send using a certain account. Say an email to Bob@amarc.mil will be sent using my gmail account whereas a email to Jane@moog.gov will be sent using a yahoo account? Any help/suggestions would really be appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko And my question is, what version of Outlook are you using? The answer = is t...

Distribution List Limits
Hi, I could find an answer to this for Outlook 2002 but not for Outlook 2003. Is the answer the same? We are using SBS 2003. The error is: "The distribution list has reached the maximum size for your network e-mail server. The new member could not be added." List was at 132 members. Not an Outlook question. These limits are set by the server, not Outlook. If your sever hasn't changed, then I imagine the limit is still the same. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Paddy Ryan" <paddy@fpmt.org> wrote in message news:uOKDg0vaGHA.4196@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... ...

Mail Merge from Outlook Skips Records or doesn't merge at all
Outlook 2002 with Windows XP I set up a mail merge from Outlook with several contacts. The document seems fine, I can see all the recipients when I "view merged data" and in the "mail merge recipients" but when I complete the merge into a new document only 2 records are merged. When I switched to labels I received an error message "data records were empty or no record matched query". I've set the merge up "saving the contact data file to another document" and not saving it, neither worked. ...

List Box Change Event
Hi, I have a list box and have the following code in the worksheet module: Private Sub MyListBox_Change() Sheets("Report").Select End Sub My list box is called MyListBox but when I select it nothing happens. All I want is to go to another sheet after the change occurs. The only thing I can think is the name of my list box is incorrect but it does show as MyListBox in the cell name drop down but it doesnt appear in the defined names. Using 2003. Can anyone see what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance Martin What sort of ListBox is it, from the Forms to...

Make input in one column determine dropdown list in another.
Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by dropdown list) determine which (one of several) dropdown list is used in another column? Use a list formula of the type =OFFSET(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2),0,0,(COUNTA(IF(E1=1,rng1,rng2))),1) where E1 is the first DD. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gettin-older" <gettin-older@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FF90B6B-F07F-402B-A042-E1B103C40EED@microsoft.com... > Is there any way I can make the info thats input in one column (selected by > dr...

How to create first sheet as a list of names of remaining sheets?
I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. Hi Datanull, You might look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm --- Regards, Norman <datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117217081.633053.269190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the > list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. > or... My Excel add-in "Excel Extras" -Table o...

Filter for time elapsed between 2 columns
I have Planned Start Time And Actual Start Time I only want to return records where the Planned Start Time is equal to or less than 48 hours from the Actual Start Time Thanks for your help I assume that this time fields include also the date, other wise you can't know the different between two times unless they are both on the same day, which mean up to 24 houres In the query create another column that calculate the different between the two fields HoursDiff: DateDiff("h",[Start Time],[Actual Start Time]) That will return the different in hours, under that field create t...

Junk Mail Filter Update
I just installed the latest Update for Outlook 2003 Junk-Email Filter (KB956077) thought Windows Update (Vista Home Premium) and now my Junk mail filter isn't working at all. What do I need to do to get it back working? Thanks I also had a problem after installing this - plus a few other updates from Windows. My problem was different - none of my Office 2003 applications would start up! To recover I used the System Restore utility ( Start | All Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Restore ) and restored my system to the point just before the updates were applied. Try it ...

distribution lists sending out multiple mails
Hi, This a rather odd problem. My client has a distribution list setup with about 50 members. Sometimes when he sends an e-mail through the list some of the members receive 5 of the same e-mail. This does not happen to all of the members, only some of them. And the results are not consistent with everytime he sends an e-mail through the list. Just wondering if anyone has seen this. Possibly it's a problem on the recipients end. Any ideas? I am experiencing the same problem in Outlook 2003 with messages sen from a bcc list. Did you receive any answers that might be helpful t...

Auto dialer occurs when receiving html mail
I am using OL2000 and have been having some trouble with the autodialer coming up when I just click on a message sent to me that has what I assume is HTML. The problem is that if that message is the most recent message in my inbox then when OL auto connects on its regular hourly schedule my mail delivery fails. The other problem is I don't want to auto connect to the web every time I select that particular type of message. Any suggestions? Hi Michelle, look under TOOLS | OPTIONS | MAIL SETUP send immediately when connected deaktivate under that option you have the dial up opti...

Web-based Outlook bug: Cannot open mail when the subject field ends with a . (dot) character
From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject field ends with "." (dot) character. Outlook web will return HTTP 404: The page cannot be found. It's URLScan doing this. See http://support.microsoft.com/?id=325965 -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Ken Jones" <ken888j@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:bb0d99.0406161345.6e30c8f@posting.google.com... > From web-based Outlook, you cannot open any mail with the subject > field ends with "." (dot) character. > &...

adress list
H Want to know if it's possible to hide the exchange alias from the adress list, only the alias nothing else and is it possible to set the maximum recipients to send to on a group, eg. have users that only should be allowed to mail 1 user a time I know that this can be done under exchange general for a single user, but I have 9000 users that need that restriction thanks in advance Joakim Larsso ...

Add Released MO to Item QTY at Smart List
Hi, Anybody know how can I add MO released Quantity on the Item QTY list at smart list. When I try to add the the coloum in, MO inforamtion is not avaiable for Item QTY list. Thank you! -- Lucy For this you will need Smartlist Builder and will need to add the MO tables to the Inventory quantity tables. A SQL View might be helpful. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Sunstream" wrote: > Hi, > > Anybody know how ca...

Need to filter more than one date
Excel 2003/XP I have an Excel sheet that has numerous rows and columns that I want to filter by 3 dates. I can use AutoFilter and filter one date but the others won't show up. I don't want to show the entire worksheet. Please advise. Thank you. Hi this can be achived using advanced filtering - check out http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html for details -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "HT" <asfafd@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23NMctcOSFHA.3144@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > E...

List or Edit Box int display ?
Could anyone briefly describe how to display integers in a List Box or Edit Box. I am just writing an example program to output the results of adding 1 or 2 to a number and displaying this result. And there should be more than one of these results on each line (at least five), then a new line would be started. And this will continue line by line until it would necessary to use the scroll. A simple explanation and any code of this would really be appreciated. You can use CString::Format() to convert them to strings before adding them to the ListBox. Tom "cdg" <any...

Mail-merge for e-mail
When using the mail-merge functions in order to send personalized e-mails to each of the students (e.g. how each did in his/her exam, what individual grade they obtained, which questions they answered wrongly, etc.), I set up an Excel spreadsheet that has each of the fields I need. The process works very well all the way to what appears to be the last, or next to the last step. That is, I get to review the individual e-mails, they look fine, and I get to enter the e-mail's subject. But, when I finally click on Ok to submit the e-mail, it does not perform the function. In one instance, I sa...

Sending e-mails on the correct server for the Hotmail system
I can no longer use http to send e-mails. what can I do to line up with what my computer will allow to send e-mails to other servers Windows Mail, this email client which this newsgroup supports until = group closure, does not support the http protocol(currently=20 called DeltaSync for Hotmail accounts) - you have three options for Hotmail type accounts(Live.com, = Hotmail.com, Msn.com and similar derivatives of the same domaian e.g.=20 live.uk.com, live.nl etc) 1. Windows Live Mail 2. Outlook 2003 and greater and only with the Outlook Hotmail Connector = installed 3. Browser acce...

ADVANCE FILTER SORT WINDOW
Hi! Could anyone please help me? I have this continuous form called "frm_Status01" with a button that has this code "DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdAdvancedFilterSort" to open the advance filter sort window. After I have completed selecting all the fields I wanted, key in all the cretirea, sort, etc then click the apply filter button shown at the advance filter sort window and my "frm_Status01" is already displayed and active. The advance filter sort window didn't close after I applied the filter. Is there any way to close it immediately after I applied the...