I am creating a database which we have a form made up of prepopulated data
(from a sharepoint list) and also data input needed by a user (for example,
comments, etc.).

I have two tables: one sharepoint list that is linked to sharepoint website
and another table that houses the additional user inputs [table 2].  I have
linked the files based on the primary key.  So, every record in my table 2
has a plus sign and it will expand and you will see the linked data from the
sharepoint list.

Is there a way that I can automatically create a record for every
corresponding record from the sharepoint list.  As the sharepoint list may
have 5 records, I'd like the table 2 to also have 5 records.

Currently I have to manually go into table 2 and create the additional
records.

PLEASE HELP!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You should be able to do that be sync'ing your Access table with the list.
As you add or change data to either, it appends or updates the other.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Lost" <Lost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am creating a database which we have a form made up of prepopulated data
> (from a sharepoint list) and also data input needed by a user (for
> example,
> comments, etc.).
>
> I have two tables: one sharepoint list that is linked to sharepoint
> website
> and another table that houses the additional user inputs [table 2].  I
> have
> linked the files based on the primary key.  So, every record in my table 2
> has a plus sign and it will expand and you will see the linked data from
> the
> sharepoint list.
>
> Is there a way that I can automatically create a record for every
> corresponding record from the sharepoint list.  As the sharepoint list may
> have 5 records, I'd like the table 2 to also have 5 records.
>
> Currently I have to manually go into table 2 and create the additional
> records.
>
> PLEASE HELP!

0
Arvin

Global List
I have exchange 2003 server in a 2003 Active Directory Domain. How do I make the Global Address list view as last name first, first name last in outlook. I know how to do contacts but not the Global list. Is it something I need to do on the server. Thank you Change the display names to Last, First. jim wrote: > I have exchange 2003 server in a 2003 Active Directory > Domain. How do I make the Global Address list view as > last name first, first name last in outlook. I know how > to do contacts but not the Global list. Is it something I > need to do on the server. > &g...

How to create stock watch list?
How do I create a watch list of certain funds, stocks, bonds? I only have a Roth IRA retirement account created. There doesn't seem to be a watch list option. Money 2004 Small Business Brett If there isn't already an Investments to Watch account, you can create one by creating an investment account and setting the Watch Account flag in its details. If the account is there, go to Portfolio, Work with investments, Add an investment and add the investments you want to watch to the watch account. "Brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:c003b25a.0404071613.1f...

Contact list #17
We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just multiple identical names in the list? Such as; John Doe - Business John Doe - Business Fax John Doe - Email 1 Any help will be appreciated..... -- Thanx, Hanksor Oregon City, Or Hanksor <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote: > We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to > show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just > multiple identical names in the list? What does "contact list" ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

How to change pivot table source database?
How can I change the source database for a pivot table in an Excel spreadsheet. Our database server has been changed and when I create a new dsn pointing to the correct server, I get an error message indicating that the query on the old server is still trying to be used. Thanks, Steve This should work for you (?) Open the pivot table and click on it. Menu - Data/Pivot Table report. Click the Back button on the Wizard dialog that appears and connect t the new data source -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

refresh pivot tables
if i have my pivot table not set to refresh on open. is there a way to refresh all of them at once. when i want them to be refreshed? does F9 do this? from the help, F9 says this: Calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks. F9 followed by ENTER (or followed by CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER for array formulas) calculates the selected a portion of a formula and replaces the selected portion with the calculated value. SHIFT+F9 calculates the active worksheet. CTRL+ALT+F9 calculates all worksheets in all open workbooks, regardless of whether they have changed since the last calculation. CTRL+ALT+...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

Diagonal Pivot Table?
Hi, I currently have data that looks something like A | B | C 1 | 1 | 5 1 | 2 | 9 2 | 1 | 7 2 | 2 | 4 (but obviosuly many times bigger) If I put this in a pivot table, with A and B on the axis, it would loo something like: _ | 1 | 2 1 | 5 | 9 2 | 7 | 4 This is because it counts (1,2) as different from (2,1). Is there an way to concatonate the two? i.e.: _ | 1 | 2 1 | 5 | 2 | 8 | 4 Let me knwo if this doesn't make sense. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Wait, cancel that! Turns out I don't need to worry. thanks anyway, - -- Message posted from http://...

OWA block sender list max?
While using Exchange Server 2003's Outlook Web Access client, if I right-click on a message and select "Add sender to blocked sender list" I get the following error: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit on the server. There a few in the list already but not a ton. I have confirmed that this user (or any user for that matter) are anywhere close to the mailbox store size limit. There are send/recieve limits of 200,000 KB but that's waaaaay more than anyone seems to be using. Any ideas, is there just a max with OWA? Thanks, Marc...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

How to reach through subform to underlying table?
With VBA I've learned to pull data from fields on my subform like this: sbfVendorDetail.Form.[Start Date]. However, fields such as the ID may not be on the subform since the user doesn't need to see it and it would take up space. Is there a way to read the ID field of the current record of the subform without putting the field on the form? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrote in message news:eQAVmQ$5KHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > With VBA I've learned to pull data from fields on my subform like this: > sbfVendorDetail.Form.[Sta...

Go To
In Excel, you can name ranges of cells and use Edit --> Go To to go directly to those ranges. However, after you've gone to Go To once and you go back to it, there are often random cells referenced there (with $ signs indicating an absolute reference). Does anyone know why this happens or whether there's any rhyme or reason to the cells that are displayed? The cell reference on the top is the last address that you have gone to. For example, if you are in cell A2 and go to cell C8. $c$2 will show on the tope of the list. When you jump from C8 to another location, $c$8 will s...

Publish to Sharepoint from Word?
Hello, When we had our old Sharepoint I was able to publish from Word and Excel to Sharepoint. When I try to do that now it does not work. In Word, when I want to publish my document, I was able to publish it to (Office button --> Publish -->) Document Management Server. But when I have the 'Save As' window open, no Sharepoint server is available. When I press the 'Create New Folder (Alt+F4) I am able to add the Sharepoint server. But when all administrative actions have been performed, no Sharepoint server is available in my 'Save As' window. And wh...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

Lookup table oddity
Hi I have a lookup table that was in an assessment exercise and it refuses to work on one cell. There are two lookup tables in the exercise... one looks up the product code - this one works okay. The one that won't work properly is the second one, which uses the supplier as the lookup value. I tested it out on a computer with 2003 at the training centre where I work and it worked. However, it won't work on my 2007, or any of the computers using 2007 that I tried it on. I can attach the file for anyone who is interested in looking at this oddity. It is driving me distracted...

Listing files with full path
Is there any function which acts like Dir but returns the full path of the file and not just its filename? I want to find files of a type in several directories, load the names in an array then go through them all and process them. It would help if the file names in the array contained the path information so that the part of the macro which does the processing can go straight to the file without having to worry about which folder it's in. Grateful for advice. Don't you already know the directory/folder at the time you call Dir? So just concatenate this with the file n...

showing only unique records
I have two databases linked, one keeps basic client information (name, DOB, address, etc.), the other keeps track of client's visit date and purchases. I want to display a list of clients that made purchases within a given date range, regardless of number of purchases made. With the simple query view, somehow I end up displaying one row for each client's purchase(s), i.e. if the client made 10 purchases in the date range, then I see 10 entries displayed for such, when I only want to see that client's name shown once. Is there a quick way to avoid displaying the duplication? If ...

Predefined distribution list in outlook template
Hi everyone, Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure the message sent to right group of people. I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for an automation way so that message owners can send out messages themselves while making use of the distribution list I maintain. I...

Font changes when pasting into another doc
I have two docs created originally in Word 2000, and I am using Office 2007. The docs are in compatibility mode. When I copy a selection that has two different fonts from one doc to the other doc, the whole selection changes to the font/style that is in the selection point. (I have a list of paragraphs, each preceded by some symbols in a proprietary font, i.e.  Your car has ...;  Try toothpaste ...;  This flower is ...; etc. Each paragraph has a line following with a series of ******** which are center aligned for looks) In trying to copy a selection from...

category list
Is there any way to print out a list of categories? I've just set up a new list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the new categories. In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote: >Is there any way to print out a list of categories? I've just set up a new >list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the >new categories. > Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories File->Print ...

select correct record
Hi, I have an unbound box to search and select an athlete in a sales form. It works only partially. Each athlete can have several sales records for each contract year and there are some athletes with the same last name. I want to be able to select the record based on the contract year. But when I try to select the year that I want it just selects the first record. Here is my code and the information from the recordsource box. SELECT qrysales.Lname, qrysales.Fname, qrysales.SalesID, qrysales. contractyear FROM qrysales ORDER BY qrysales.Lname; Private Sub cbosearch_AfterUpdat...

Personal Distribution Lists
Hi all I've been given a task of updating a load of custom recipient addresses on an Exchange 5.5 server which includes moving them from one Recipient Container to another. Now the problem with this is that I don't think there is a way of doing this without deleting them from the original RC and recreating them in the new RC (don't worry I've at least been using export/import for this). If anyone knows of a better/easier way of doing this I would be interested. The actual moving of the Custom Recipients isn't too bad, but I am now running into problems with people that h...

How do i insert a Address Bar kind of drop down list within MS Exc
Hi, I wonderr if anyone can tell me if i am able to insert into an excel spreadsheet an address bar drop down list (like in windows explorer) to view and select the necessary drives, and make this particular cekk work like a pointer to changing the default path of where my macro searches for a specific file. Thanks AT the end is some code that will browse and reset the folder, and use this code to add a button to your standard toolbar Dim oCtl As Object With Application.CommandBars("Standard") Set oCtl = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) oCtl.Caption =...

Help in macro in excel.
Hi all. I want to write a macro in an excel sheet wherein I want to copy a few cells from my source worksheet and paste their hyperlink to another worksheet. Also, the destination worksheet's cell number where this is pasted is not fixed. How do I accomplish this? Please help urgently. Thanks. SPG, Running the macro recorder whilst inserting a hyperlink yields this code: ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=Selection, Address:="", SubAddress:= _ "Sheet1!A1", TextToDisplay:="""go to hell""" Now just substitute the relevant stuff into e...

Help creating a list
Hi, I have a list of values in a single column. Many of the values are repeated. I need to create a list from this, where each value only appears one time, and capture in a new tab. Example Tab 1: 2008 Record A 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B 2010 Record B Result Needed in Tab 2: 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B Appreciate any help....Thanks ...