Lost Properties pop up on right mouse click?

Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties. I
have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties
button in the tool bar?
Any idea how to get the right mouse click to bring the properties up?
Thanks
Chuck
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, I can no longer right click on a control and bring up its properties.
> have to be in design mode and select the field then click the properties
> button in the tool bar?
> Any idea how to get the right mouse click to bring the properties up?

Are you saying you can't use the right-click method even in Design View?  Or
is it only when you're in form view?  If the latter, you've probably set the
form's "Allow Design Changes" property (in the Other tab of the form's
property sheet) to "Design View Only".  I prefer it that way, but to each
his own.

If you can't use get to the properties from the right-click menu in Design
View, more investigation is required.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/29/2008 6:32:18 PM
Hi Dirk, The right click doesn't even work in design view. I did test my
mouse in other applications and the right button is ok.  Thanks again.

> Hi Dirk, The right click doesn't even work in design view. I did test my
> mouse in other applications and the right button is ok.  Thanks again.

I wonder if perhaps you've unchecked the startup option "Allow Default
Shortcut Menus".  (Tools -> Startup..., Allow Default Shortcut Menus).  If
it's unchecked, check it, then close the database and reopen it to apply the
new setting.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
www.datagnostics.com

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
1/29/2008 7:19:54 PM
Who da man!
Dirk da man!
I was trying to lock down as much as possible before I sent the dB out to
the user.
Thanks   Chuck

"Dirk Goldgar" wrote:

> "Chuck" <Chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Dirk, The right click doesn't even work in design view. I did test my
> > mouse in other applications and the right button is ok.  Thanks again.
>

> I wonder if perhaps you've unchecked the startup option "Allow Default
> Shortcut Menus".  (Tools -> Startup..., Allow Default Shortcut Menus).  If
> it's unchecked, check it, then close the database and reopen it to apply the
> new setting.
>
> --
> Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
> www.datagnostics.com
>
> (please reply to the newsgroup)

OnEvent Click and Tab Controls
Good Day All.. I have an issue that I had posted previously but it did not get resolved. It may partially be my fault for not explaining my need/question correctly. I have a form. The form contains a subform. & a tab control. The subform has 3 fields listed for the user: ShipTo, BillTo & Account Name The tab control has 3 tabs. The first tab is where I am struggling right now. I want the user to select ('click') on the "account" in the subform (data sheet) at the top. Once they click the "account" the fields on the tab control will then fill wit...

How to Clear or Reconcile without right-click
How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected transactcion without going through the tedium of right- clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? Thanks CTRL-SHIFT-M "MoneyUser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a72401c41db7$b7003000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected > transactcion without going through the tedium of right- > clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? > > Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MoneyUser wrote: >How does one Cl...

search for right
Hi all, I wonder if there's any possibility to do the following without rearranging my tables: I'd like to look up an order number in a table, and get the price from two coloumns _left_ So the order number is in C3 and I'd like to get the value in A3 and so on. Vlookup does only to right... Please advise, Thanks, Marton =INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(ord_num,C1:C100,0)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message news:eHlKiP6VFHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I wonder if...

Default mailbox rights #2
Hello, Is there an MS white paper that shows the specific default special permissions found in AD Users and Computers - Exchange Advanced - Mailbox Rights? Thank you, JVM Try these two articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328229/en-us http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3ADPerm/cc98c853-7bd2-47bc-b88f-36163f1306f1.mspx Nue "J Meyer" <JMeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:890E6D32-C501-45E2-BD57-6E036DD8D3CC@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there an MS white paper that shows the specific default special > p...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Double Click on file and mouse not working
Good afternoon, thanks for taking time to look at my problem. I am trying to open a word document by double clicking on the file name in "my documents". Word opens, but not the document. If you go into File and Open, you can open the document, but the mouse cursor will not go anywhere in the document. I have tried to open Word in safe mode, blasted the normal.dot, copied a normal.dot from another computer, heck I tried disassociating doc from Word. Nothing worked. I even installed Windows Live so I could uninstall it. I'm hoping someone has fixed this problem. ...

VC++ .NET 2002: How To Use the Class View's Properties window to add a message handler for the WN_KEYDOWN message
Hi all I used "The EX05c Example: Scrolling" of the book "Programming With Microsoft Visual C++ .NET Core Reference" (6th Edition) as my 3rd example of MFC exercises to catch up my VC++ .NET 2002 (VC++ 7.0) programming. I started my 'Eg05c' project in the MFC Application Wizard and followed the 1 thru 7 steps instructed in the book (pages 82-85) I believed I did the steps 1, 2 and 3 correctly: 1 - In MFC Application Wizard -Eg05c, I setthe CEg05cView to "CScrollView" 2 - I added the m_rectEllipse and m_nColor data members in Eg05cView.h by typing in "...

Can't access propertys of public folders
We recently upgraded from NT4 server and exchange 5.5 to 2003 server and exchange 2003. When we were all finished I could access properties of public folders through exchange system manager. About a week after the upgrade was all finished I went to implement OWA which was one of the reasons we were doing the upgrade. I found very quickly that I could not access the IIS manager. I did some digging and found that I needed to reinstall IIS on my exchange server but unfortunately to do that I also had to reinstall exchange. I followed the instructions from this KB article http://su...

Lost contact list 04-22-10
I amusing Windows live mail...it had no problem picking up my contacts from Outlook Express. Now that I syncronized messages from my Hotmail e-mail account and my Telus email account into Windows Live, my contact list is only the two contacts from the hotmail account. All the rest are gone. They are still in the Address Book, but I cant access them How can I get it back into Windows Live Mail ??? Help please. You signed into the Hotmail account when you started Windows Live Mail. This is optional and not at all related to getting your mail. When you sign in, WLM sync...

Can workflow trigger a pop-up message?
Is it possible to have workflow in CRM 4.0 trigger a pop-up message for a user? In this case, we want to prevent anyone from setting a status field to closed if another field is blank. I know that I can prevent the change in status and send an email notification, but I'd like to notify the user at that time so that they can correct the information and then go on and close the case. Any ideas? -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan ...

Hyperlinkbase Property effect on Internal Document links
Recently we made a mass change to a document repository to update the Hyperlinkbase property of over a thousand documents. This was done so that if the documents were copied outside of the repository, the relative links would still point to the production repository... this worked great! BUT... we noticed that the Hyperlinkbase property also applies itself to internal document links... huh? That doesn't make sense. Is this a known bug, or is there a way to get the hyperlinkbase property to leave the internal links alone? HELP! Hi Dave, Unfortunately, that's jus...

2003: Copy R-Click Option Missing!
In outlook 2003 when i right-click on an email message, only the move command/option is there (amongst others), but the copy command is missing? the only way I can copy is to drag the message to a folder with the right mouse button depressed and then the copy option shows up. Why is the copy option missing when I right click on an email message? thank you ...

How to access Public folders and calendar through POP and SMTP
Hi, Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with Public Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account through POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra. Thanks in Advance Best Regards Andrew On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:25:03 -0700, Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with Public >Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account through >POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra. > > &...

Mouse cursor freezes up semi-permanently with whole computer
Just got my first Vista computer and dont know where to turn for assistance with this problem: Tried googling it and all I can find are people whose mouse freezes for a few seconds but which starts working again. Every few hours (or more often), my mouse cursor and whole computer freezes. The only way out is to control-escape into a switch user and then (as there are no alternative users) log in again. As soon as it logs out, the mouse starts working again. So this doesnt seem to be a hardware issue? The only other symptom I have noticed is that occasionally at all sorts of odd tim...

pop up combo box
Hi everyone, When we write a class name in VC++ and type dot(.) then a combo box comes with a list of its members.I want to implement this feature in an edit box.How can I do this? Any help/example/link ??? _____mamnun Thats called intellisense. Look at codeguru/codeproject to see if you can find some sample code. It shouldnt be that hard to implement. Essentially all you are doing is showing/hiding a window with custom content. --- Ajay I know this is not exactly what you want, but it might also be a good starting point http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/smart_auto_completeasp.asp A...

Lost all messages in inbox
All of a sudden all of my messages were gone! After thinking about it for awhile, I searched for my Inbox.dbx file. Found it but also found a new file called inbox (1).dbx. Deleted that file hoping to force the program to go back to the original. Start O.E. again and still no messages. Look again an it has created the new file again. Deleted it and this time renamed the old large file as inbox (1).dbx. All the messages are back. Question is, why did it do that? Is there a limit on the number of past message you can have in the file? Since I renamed it, it has grown larger than it was before th...

Is GP right for an ISP?
We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up with ...

To ignore scrolling CListCtrl using mouse.
I want to ignore mouse control on a scroll bar of CListCtrl. I ignored WM_VSCROLL, WM_MOUSEMOVE, and WM_MOUSEWHEEL messages on PreTranslateMessage of CListCtrl derived class. But it still works. How to ignore scrolling? I don't want to remove the scroll bar. ...

Password prompt keeps popping up.
My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is hapening???? Stuts wrote: > My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The > 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of > an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is > hapening???? A "network password" is completely different than...

lost office license
I recently had to re-install XP and all software. I have the office 2003 CD, but can't find the license key. How can I install or get a new license key. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326246 You will need proof of purchase, ie a receipt (Assumes its a retail version, not oem, if it is you are SOL) "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E5D941A9-FC6B-4498-B980-D19E5D6B376C@microsoft.com... > > I recently had to re-install XP and all software. I have the office 2003 > CD, > but can't find t...

crash lost HELP
I am working with publisher 2007 and large files of 150MB. With three files it crashed closing my file!!!! and then when you are trying to open it again it says 'publisher has detected a problem in the file uyou are trying to open. If you are certain that this file came from a trusted....' and then the file is lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would there be a temp. file somewhere? I do not want to believe that this is happening three times to me and all this work is lost!? Who can help In 2007 there are a couple places the file could be backed up. Do you have Vista? Open Windows Explo...

Lost contacts in public folder
I have a client who accidently deleted about 50 contacts from their master contacts shared public folder. They are asking if there's a way to restore those 50 contacts to the shared public folder without losing any changes/additions they've made to the folder since the accidental deletions. Unfortunately, it is too late to recover them using the "recover deleted items" tool, they are already gone. the only place we could retrieve them from is a backup tape. Is this a possibility, and if so, how would I do it? The client is running Small Business Server 2003 (including...

Sorting a-z | z-a ... removing pop-up "Sort Warning"
When I have, for examples, several columns of data, and I highlight one column and click to sort that one column, I Always get a pop-up window with the title 'Sort Warning' that asks me if I really meant to do that, or if I wanted to include the other text nearby. Is there any way to remove that pop-up? I've yet to ever use it and I'd rather not have to keep closing it if possible. Any help that you can provide would be great. Thanks. Matt I don't know of a way to remove it -- but it took years to get that warning in there. I'm surprised that it hasn't sav...

File Save Properties
Does anyone know how to access the properties for the last date/time an .xls file was saved within VBA? Thanks. D Hi Daniel, Dim dateLastSave As Date dateLastSave = FileDateTime(ThisWorkbook.Name) MsgBox dateLastSave Note: ThisWorkbook.Name can be replaced with the name of the workbook in double quotes and it can be any other workbook as well as the current one. However, will need to include the path if it is not in the current default path. Example (In current default path): dateLastSave = FileDateTime("My Other workbook.xls") -- Regards, Oss...

Access newbie
Hi, I'm teaching myself Access 2007, everything was going well until a few minutes ago when I closed the Field Properties and the Property Sheet. I've looked through the program and can't see how to open them. Can anyone tell me how? Thanks Karl Press F1 and search for Properties Menu. "Karl" <Karl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E25589A-99EA-4D46-A20E-6FF5613389B5@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm teaching myself Access 2007, everything was going well until a few > minutes ago when I closed the Field Properties and the Proper...