lookup 12-10-07

hi,
i am new to access and working on access 2000.
my problem goes like this.
i have a table in which i have different departments for my company.
i have another table in which i have all the employess id, their department,
name and designation.
in a form i want that in a particular feid if i enter the department (from a
combo box), i should have all the employees details that are working in that
particular deprtment. i will choose the particular employee and the
designation of that employee should get stored in the forms feild.
please help.
thanks in advance.
arun
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Outlook Contacts 02-21-10
I recently changed computers. I went from vista to 7. I used easy transfer for this process (probably my first mistake), all files seemed to transfer without issue. One exception.....my contacts in Outlook 2007 are not migrating to be used as my email address book. I see from earlier threads that I am not alone. I've checked contact properties and it wont allow me to check the box to use contacts as address book. Nor can I delete outlook contacts throug address book set-up. I'm hoping there is an easy answer as Im not an expert at these types of things. -- jbenz...

Questions about rebuilding a db 03-28-10
Lateley I've notices my database freezing from time to time, so I tried the following... a) created a new data base b) imported all tables, queries, forms, ...... ,modules c) reset the References d) reset the Startup options e) compile Everything is working great now, but I have a few questions about this process. Did I miss any crucial steps? (don't want any surprises later) Is there a prefered order to do these steps? Finally, the database is now about 30% smaller, even though I was regularly compiling, compacting/repairing the former one. I'd like to know w...

Outlook 2007 12-13-09
How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? "spikey789" <spikey789@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A3D07AF5-AB82-4F01-9153-4D097DD392E2@microsoft.com... > How do you display Tasks in To-Do Bar using .pst file? Don't quite understand where the "pst file" bit comes in, but have you right-clicked on "To Do Bar" and made sure that Tasks is checked? ...

work 04-30-07
Michael Johnson On August 1, 1996, Michael Johnson electrified the world by winning an Olympic gold medal in the 200-meter dash with a time of 19.32, shattering his own world record and capping one of the greatest individual track and field performances in Olympic history. Johnson became the first person in history to win both the 200 meters and 400 meters in the same Olympic Games. These performances in front of an American audience highlight a decorated career for Johnson, who will be competing in his third Goodwill Games in 1998. Some of Johnsons accomplishments include: � W...

List all folders and files 02-23-10
Good afternoon everybody, I have a memory stick with numerous folders and files. What I would like to do is list in a spreadsheet all the folders and files within those folders please. Thanks in advance, Paul I have an add-in that will do exactly that, and more. See http://www.cpearson.com/excel/FolderTree.aspx for details. If you to just have code, the following code will create a list. Copy this code, then in VBA go to the Tools menu, choose References, and scroll down to and check "Microsoft Scripting Runtime". Change the lines of code marked with <<< to ...

Will my Office OS X updated to 10.1.9 run on my new Intel nased Mac
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office for Mac OS X, uppdated to 10.1.9., on my old 10.3.9 G4. I am taking delivery of an Intel based Macbook Pro running 10.5 Will my old Office run on Leopard? If not, is the Home/Student Version equivalent, or do I have to buy the much more expensive Office 2008? Can you get rebates? You've actually raised several issues here, so see the in-line responses: On 6/28/09 12:27 PM, in article 59b773f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeformac.com" <Sparkswj72@aol.com@officeform...

delete record 03-06-07
Hi,I have a button in a form that delete that current record.before it deleted, access ask me if I'm sure I want to delete.Can I cancel this message and just delete (I want to put my own question before)thanks. On Mar 6, 5:13 am, "Lior Montia" <l...@matrix.co.il> wrote:> Hi,>> I have a button in a form that delete that current record.> before it deleted, access ask me if I'm sure I want to delete.> Can I cancel this message and just delete (I want to put my own question> before)>> thanks.These occur when the Tools>Options>Confirm Record Ch...

Combo Box 12-26-07
Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. What is it you are trying to do? Perhaps we can offer a suggestion. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Sharon" wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 07:02:00 -0800, Sharon wrote: > Is there a way to have more than one bound column in a combo box? No. Now if you tell us why you think you need more than one bound column, perhaps some one can help with an alternative solution. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to pe...

Migration #12
Hi, there. I want to do migration from Notes to Exchange 2007, Where can I find some resources about this, step by step guide is best. Thanks very much! ITUser, kejia.li@163.com Hi, This link should help you: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/interopmigration/collaboration/default.mspx Cheers Nathan "ITUser" <kejia.li@163.com> wrote in message news:EAFE3DF5-E4BA-4503-8115-894AF8AE108C@microsoft.com... > Hi, there. > > I want to do migration from Notes to Exchange 2007, Where can I find some > resources about this, step by step guide is best. > &g...

Macros #12
I didn't see a group for Excel Macros so I'm posting here. I created a macro, saved it in the workbook that I was working on, gave it a short cut key stroke and it all worked perfectly. When done with the exercise I deleted the macro from that workbook. When I open a new workbook the ctrl key still activates the macro. I can't find where or how I delete the short cut key combo for that macro? All help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. SteveR "Steve" <SteveR7138@msn.com> wrote in news:ebQ92OWsFHA.3604@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I didn't see a gro...

datestamp 06-09-07
How can I make a datestamp on the records in a table when they are modified or created? I am running Access 97? Thanks. "Wayne-I-M" <WayneIM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message <FB22AFD2-08BD-4F02-A2BF-73577AD5B446@microsoft.com>: > Hi > > Create a new field in your table called DateStamp. > > Insert this new field into your form. > > Use the forms event OnCurrent > > Me.DateStampt = Now() > > Note this will alter the date stampt every time the form is > activated. if you want to keep a record of "each" time the...

duplicates 04-05-07
I have a table with user names and security modules. There are 1700 users and 65 security modules that will have a Y or N depending on if they have that module. I would like to be able to run a query that will group all the users with the same security . I cannot figure out how to do this. The Duplicate wizard will not allow over 10 columns, and as noted I have 65 columns. Thanks, First of all you need to revise your table structure and not have the 65 columns. Have a table with the user information. Next a table listing the 65 security modules and associated information. Third buil...

Windows Live Mail 07-23-10
I have a new windows 7 pc. I'm trying to export, import my old emails from a xp pc. I have exported all the files to the new pc but I can't import them. I click on Live Mail on the new pc and I don't get the toolbar with "File, Tools, etc" on it. What am I doing wrong. Thanks for any help Hi, Marty. The Windows Live Team decided that we would rather have more screen real estate, so the HID the Menu Bar (File, Tools, etc.) by default. To see it momentarily, just press <Alt>. There are several ways to toggle it on/off (semi-)permanently. Maybe th...

Page Breaks 02-07-08
Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? Try it and report back with your results. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Bev" wrote: > Is it possible to insert a page break in a report header? You can insert a page break into a header so that part of the header prints on the next page, if that is what you mean, but it is hard to see why you would want to do that. Each section of a report, including the header, has a Force New Page property. Perhaps that is what you are seeking. "Bev" <Bev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

product key 04-28-10
Hi, I had a virus on my computer. I had to restore to factory settings. I went to reinstall office2007 and when I put in the product key it tells me it is "incorrect." How do I reinstall office? Please help. You can email me at mmfouad@gmail.com Mike Your Office 2007 did it come with your computer or did you purchase the Office 2007 separately with a Retail purchase -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. http://www.microsoft.com/protect "mike" <mike...

Report to PDF 07-16-07
Where I can find the code from Lebans ReportToPDF? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 On Jul 16, 9:45 am, "vianda via AccessMonster.com" <u11700@uwe> wrote: > Where I can find the code from Lebans ReportToPDF? > > -- > Message posted via AccessMonster.comhttp://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200707/1 www.lebans.com Did you even try a search engine? -Kris ...

GP 10 Garnishment Examples
Are there any examples of garnishment setups supported with GP 10.0? The documentation doesn't provide any. I'm looking for setup ---> calculation results for common scenarios. In particular, I'm curious what's supposed to happen in the calculation if multiple fixed amount garnishments are setup to split evenly with each having fed and state max rules applied that are method percent of earnings with a max percent of 60%. It looks like the fixed amount of each garnishment is being taken even if that exceeds 60% of my disposable earnings. Any solid examples would be...

Lookup Formula
I have an Excel sheet that shows hourly rates based on the number of hours a customer purchases. Example Column A Column B Column C (Hours)From: (Hours)To: Hourly Rate 1 40 $35 41 80 $32 81 120 $30 I have a seperate column under a different tab where a sales rep enters the total number of hours. I would like the formula to automatically lookup the chart above and show the appopriate hourly rate. Thanks, Donne Hi - best to ask the Excel gurus in an Excel n...

How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video 07-15-10
The guide shows How to remove DRM Protection from WMV/WMA/M4P/M4V/M4A/M4B/ASF and convert other popular video and audio even HD video Stpe 1: Download(http://www.5idownload.com/download/daniu-digital-media-converter-pro_full310_461741.exe) and install the Daniusoft Media Converter Pro( http://www.5idownload.com/dan-Media-Converter-pro.html ) Stpe 2: Run the software and click "Add…" button to load WMA or M4A, M4B, AAC, WMV, M4P, M4V, ASF files ( http://www.5idownload.com/img/guide-dan-media-converter-pro1.jpg) Step 3: Choose output formats. If you want to convert protected aud...

Lookup
A B C E F 1 SKU SUM SKU SUM 2 85 10 85 10 3 86 20 86 20 4 87 30 88 30 5 89 40 I'm trying to make a formula that can tell me the sum of each number. Like her, that 85 picks out that it's 10 and so on. But at 88, which isn't in the original list, it just takes the number above. I wish it could come up as an error, when it doesn't exist. The formula I have used here is: =VLOOKUP(D:D;A:B;2) Change your formula to this: =3DVLOOKUP(D2;A:B;2;0) and copy down. The 0 at the end of the VLOOKUP forces it to look for exact matches, so this returns #N/A if ...

WLM calendar 01-25-10
Is the calendar stored on my PC or is it on a website ? I would like to have the reminders show up as son as my PC starts up. -- Thanks, guenters Calendars are stored 1. Online and locally when using a Live ID - more features are present online 2. Locally when not using Live ID Reminders are: 3. Available only if using a Live ID 4. Not available when not using a Live ID Reminder notifications are: 5. Only configurable in the web interface(calendar.live.com) and unique to a given Live ID 6. Available via Windows Live Messenger, Email(to the same Live ID) or an SMS...

Combo Box lookup stops working.
I am attempting to to add some features to an exsisting db. My Main form displays a family last name. On a tabbed control there is a subform to add family members to the general last name. I created a family lookup combo box using the wizard. This control works fine. I also need to be able to search for a first name that could appear in the subform. I created a form (named LookupForm) that displays all of the first names from the bound table. When a first name is selected in the combo box there is a button labled "Go to first Name". The "On Click" even...

Simple hack to get $500 to your home at http://dailyupdatesonly.tk Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque.please dont tell to anyone. ...

emails #10
getting duplicate emails in my inbox Bummer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | getting duplicate emails in my inbox Bummer. I have the same problem and a good answer from you would be appreciated. Outlook 2003. "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhinkaboutmailingmemvps.org> wrote in message news:%230...

Hosted CRM 10-05-04
Is it possible to use CRM in hosted environment? Yes...a couple of companies offer CRM in a hosted environment. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "IRA" <IRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2EF53CF0-B3B3-4E89-B15A-6576AD17773C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to use CRM in hosted environment? Go to www.surebridge.com or contact them personally to ask your questions. Some of our clients actually thought of going to surebridge to host their system. Licenses for the MSCRM ...