Listing 'last used' date

Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants me to try
and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables etc., and link a
'last used' date, in order to delete those that are no longer used.

Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Mike MacKinnon wrote:
> Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants
> me to try and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables
> etc., and link a 'last used' date, in order to delete those that are
> no longer used.
>
> Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this?

I don't think there is such a property that coudl be used reliably for this.  My
suggestion...

Rename any table that you suspect is no longer in use to ExisitingTableName_DROP
and wait a few weeks.  If nobody reports errors then that raises the odds that
the table is in fact not being used.  Import those tables into a separate file
and then delete them from your present file.  If later on you discover that some
of the removed tables are actually needed you can re-import them from your
backup file.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
12/18/2007 12:39:52 PM
On Tue, 18 Dec 2007 04:27:00 -0800, Mike MacKinnon
<MikeMacKinnon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

You can iterate over an entire drive (e.g. using Dir) and look for
MDBs. When found, record their DateCreated and DateUpdated properties
(I think you have to use the FileSystemObject for that).

-Tom.

>Hi folks. We have literally hundreds of databases and my boss wants me to try
>and produce a listing where we can idenatify the tables etc., and link a
>'last used' date, in order to delete those that are no longer used.
>
>Has anyone any ideas about how to go about this?
0
Tom

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Oldest date for Duplicate Cust. #

Dates #9

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Qrp Date functions

date tracking

Short time vs short date

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Date Calculation

date modified

Date function quit working

Using INDIRECT within functions

Date format 04-11-06

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...

How to use count for calls per hour

How to Identify Records with Overlapping Dates
I need to be able to systematically identify any instance where there are overlapping date ranges in a data set. I need to pull records like those listed below out of a larger data set. I previously posted a question similar to this and was advised to pull the same table in a query, match on Member Number, and qualify that the product code from TableA did not match product code in TableA_1 where the Begin Date TableA was < Term date TableA_1 and TableA_1 Begin Date < TableA End Date. Which worked great for me finding overlapping records where the product was different, bu...

Format List Box!

Outlook 2003
Hi Is it possible to order the deleted items by date of deletion in outlook 2003? Many thanks Lee Lee Atkinson <leeatkinsonlincs@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is it possible to order the deleted items by date of deletion in > outlook 2003? Use the Field Chooser to add the Modified time to the Deleted Items folder header bar (the one that says "From", "Subject", "Received", etc. and sort on that time. Deleting an item is a modification, so I would expect the modified date to be affected, giving you the most accurate value of the item's deleted time....