List all row source for all forms, reports etc.

Hi

I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and
queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There
are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for
deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the
unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was
thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way"

Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or
model that could assist me?

Regards

Darragh
0
Darragh
1/18/2008 6:14:18 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi
>
>I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and
>queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There
>are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for
>deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the
>unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was
>thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way"
>
>Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or
>model that could assist me?
>
>Regards
>
>Darragh

Some third party tools can really help here:

Free:                  http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/starthere/findandreplace
Find and Replace:      http://www.rickworld.com
Speed Ferret:          http://www.moshannon.com
Total Access Analyzer: http://www.fmsinc.com

Total Access Analyzer in particular has a very extensive dependency report and
a tool to find "orphaned" queries or code. It's not free (or even very cheap)
but it's well worth the price if you have to do this kind of exercise even a
couple of times.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/18/2008 6:45:11 AM
On Jan 18, 4:45 pm, John W. Vinson
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.mur...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi
>
> >I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and
> >queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There
> >are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for
> >deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the
> >unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was
> >thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way"
>
> >Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or
> >model that could assist me?
>
> >Regards
>
> >Darragh
>
> Some third party tools can really help here:
>
> Free:                  http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/starthere/findandreplace
> Find and Replace:      http://www.rickworld.com
> Speed Ferret:          http://www.moshannon.com
> Total Access Analyzer:http://www.fmsinc.com
>
> Total Access Analyzer in particular has a very extensive dependency report and
> a tool to find "orphaned" queries or code. It's not free (or even very cheap)
> but it's well worth the price if you have to do this kind of exercise even a
> couple of times.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thanks John, I will investigate these options.

Darragh
0
Darragh

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

Find Next Row With No Value In It
I've got this nextrow = Cells.Find(what:="*", searchdirection:=xlPrevious, searchorder:=xlByRows).Row + 1 Cells(nextrow, 1).Select which will find nextrow with nothing in it and select cell in Col A, but now I've got formulas in the cells, so instead of finding the next row with nothing in it, I want to find the next row with no value - even if it's got a formula in it. Can I do this by amending what's in the what:="*" part of this code? It's always better to include all the parms for .find(). If you don't, then you're at ...

DISTRIBUTION LIST #15
When I open one of my distribution list it comes up on a properties menu with the names listed but I can't make any changes. All the other list I have work fine. Any help would be appreciated. ...

WinDbg: Unable to get verifier list
I've been attempting to get to the bottom of a recurring BSOD crash happening on my system. I've already had 4 crashes so far over the past two weeks. So I've identified that NTOSKRNL.EXE is involved in all of them so far. It always somewhere in the stack. So I enabled Driver Verifier on NTOSKRNL, as well as HAL.DLL, NTFS.SYS, and FLTMGR.SYS which were also identified on the stack during various of the events. Okay so I had my latest crash yesterday, and it occurred on NTOSKRNL as well. The Verifier was already enabled on the system prior to this crash, and then wh...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

Changing text based on criteria in an access report
Hello, I've got a textbox in a report, some records of which may contain text within { }. I need to find some way to format only that text (which may be in the middle of a string) so that it appears underlined and so that the brackets disappear. To illustrate, I posted a 5KB graphic here: http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3523/jexamplemb2.png Does anybody have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks in advance! Mitch Access 2007 can format the text for you, using standard HTML for the underlining. Use the Replace() function to swap the braces for the HTML tags. Earlier versions of Ac...

record sheet row order, then restore to that point
There is the ability to undo a sort so I suspect the information I want is somewhere. Is there a way to take a "snap shot" of a sheet's current row order, and then restore that row order at any point in the future? During sheet processing, rows will not be added, but data in any cell may change. The only other way I can think of doing this, is to record the order of some "signature" column and then use it to re-write the processed sheet to a scratch sheet. Thank you Add a new column before you do the 1st sort with number 1 to last row. then sor tby ...

Change the Default Global Address List
Hello, I need to change the default global address list to show only users and contacts from my domain. Is it possible to change the default global address list? Nowadays, The default global address list shows users from my domain and many contacts from others domains. thanks in advance. i have the same situation. i'm trying to figure out how to make another global address list with enternal contacts. if you figure it out, i would love to hear about it:) "Maurit" wrote: > Hello, > > I need to change the default global address list to show only users and >...

Create Form Dynamically in VBA
Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can this be done in code on the fly. I also need code that deletes or purges the same form object. thanks for any help. Why? It is not a good idea. Perhaps if you described what you want to do, we can help with a how. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Bret" wrote: > Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically > a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can th...

Grabbing Info from a TextBox on a Report
We want to add a TextBox to a report that is viewed online. The data collected in this TextBox will be used to adjust the report filter. We want to allow our users to enter as much of a Customer Name as they want after they see the report with all Customers shown. We then want to use this info to change the Report Filter. We have never tried this before. For some reason, we cannot see the data in the TextBox in our VBA code. It appears that Access Reports behave differently than Access Forms as far as grabbing data from TextBoxes. We must be missing something. Does a...

average on rows
can we use average in rows even two rows at the time when number are not in consequent collums meaning there is some spaces between them without having to add each number manually in the function window. -- XP home , Office 97 any or all responses are gratefully accepted and thank you for your time Have you tried? Your description is confusing to me, but AVERAGE() ignores blank cells and text... In article <C2D622EE-D839-4469-9DA9-F264B074BB6B@microsoft.com>, justamailman <justamailman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > can we use average in rows even two rows at the...

MaximizeRestoredForm for Reports
I took the procedure from http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0022.htm and changed it to use for reports. I tried calling it from the open event and the activate event and in both cases it places the report in the upper left corner, but it doesn't size it. But if I put code on a button to open the report and then call this procedure it works as expected. Why won't it work from within the report? Jennifer ...

OnCurrent of Form - Make not visible on condition
I currently have the following code under the onCurrent of my form: Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database If Me.ID < 0 Then Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) strSQL = "INSERT INTO LastVisitedRecord ( lvCompanyID ) " _ & " VALUES ( " & Me.ID & " ) " db.Execute strSQL Set db = Nothing End If End Sub However, I'd like to add something to it, but have not had success. I'd like the form to evaluate if the NOTES field is empty (which is there but not visible) and if so, make other c...

How do I create a command from a list box
I want to select an item in a scroll list or drop down box and by selecting a specific item in that list have excell proform a different function. For example: I have a list of numbers that each represent a discription. I want to select the number from the list and have excell paste the description for that number in a different box. I want each different number to have a different description. You could use Data|Validation and =vlookup(). Put the list in sheet2, column A. Put the description in sheet2, column B. Then if your cell is A1 (of sheet1), you can put this in B1: =if(a1=&qu...

NEed report of income and expenses broken down
I'm using Microsoft Money 2006 and I entered all of my checking account transactions for last year and categorized everything. Now I need a report of the income and of the expenses broken down by category, with the transactions listed. If I go to reports, all I can get is a pie chart or bar chart. I need a printed report with numbers to give to the accountant tomorrow. I was able to export a report to a spreadsheet, but all it did was show the total expenses in each category. What I need is a report showing the categories for income and for expenses, list the transactions in each ca...

address list of 2 domains and 2 exchange servers
Hi all... I`ve just installed my second domain and the second exchange (all 2003). Everything is working, even trust relationship. Now I want my users of domain1\exchange1 to see the address list of my domain2\exchange2. How can I accomplish this? Should I create a offline address list? Use ADC? I`m using W2k3 Standard, so I cannot use IIFP. Hope someone can help me.. Thanks Ferbabdi Are these in separate AD Forests? If so you will need the Identity Integration Feature Pack. If not then they should already be sharing a GAL. Nue "Fernando Mantovani" <femantovani@yahoo.co...

Organizational Forms access in Exchange 2003 OWA
There is an HTML convert tool available for Org Forms in Exchange 5.5, but I am unable to find a way to view our Org Forms in our new Exchange 2003 OWA. Does anyone know of a way to view organizational forms in Exchange 2003 OWA? ...

crystal report is blank
i have 3 machines I run Store Ops Manager 2.0 on. 2 of the machines I can run my crystal reports just fine but on the other machine my crustal reports generate but the data is always zero. any ideas? I'm sure it's something simple. thanks! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_009A_01CA985D.46025960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Sammy, Where is the machine pointing to for its Crystal reports, the server or = the local machine in SO Admin | File | Configuration | Pat...

Counter to get total number of lines in a Modified Report
Dear All, Unlike other modified report, the cheque printout do not have field that have Line Item Sequence number, so I unable to find out the total number of lines in a cheque printing. FYI, the cheque printing (3 Per Page/No Stub) output to printer and also output to a text file (Comma delimited) and this text file must have a field (counter) that indicate the total of number of lines printed. Or at least, can you please advise me on which fields that indicate total numbers of cheque printed? with this field contain I can compute the total lines printed. May be I can use ...

How do I insert a row (space) between bulleted (#) paragraphs?
I would like to insert a row or space between numbered paragraphs. When I press Enter 2 times then a I get several blank rows (spaces) between the paragraphs and when I try to delete the extra rows to get just one row between the paragraphs, it automatically goes back to where it was before, no row or space between the numbered paragraphs. I would appreciate your help in figuring this out. Thank you. Apply some Spacing After (or Spacing Before) to the bulleted paragraphs. You'll find that setting in the Paragraph dialog box. To open the dialog box: - Click Format | Para...

Lead sign up form into Microsoft CRM with ASP?
Hi, I'm just testing out Microsoft CRM and wondered if it was possible to use standard ASP (some of our older sites are not yet .Net), i noticed some examples for .net but have had no such luck with standard asp. Is it even possible to insert leads directly into Microsoft CRM 3.0 from a standard ASP page? Best regards, Tom yes, you can use standard asp to call webservices, if not use javascript to call crm webservice and do that. It is possible. Let me know if you need assistance for that. -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat wi...

Add rows on worksheet by date?
I've been asked to create a spreadsheet that will track vehicle miles by route. The drivers will note the odometer when they start the route and the odometer when they return, so we can log that across a row: Vehicle - Route - Odo Start - Odo End - Calc Route Miles They also want miles by vehicel by day. Since a vehicle can travel more than one route in a day, is there an easy way to do this? My original thought was to have input through validation drop-downs to choose teh vehicle and the route - now I'm thinking of using a Form, and the Enter Data button will automatically sort by...

Why broken column-lines on my report?
Could someone please help me tidy up my report? I've modified it and now all the virtical lines are broken at the top where it should intersect the horizontal line to form a cell. That's happened on all of them even though I've only changed a couple of columns. I need to even up the columns sizes as well but the broken lines are bothering me the most. ...

Data Validation - List
Hello, I have two questions: 1) I would like to validate using a drop-down menu based upon a list found in a different workbook. I can easily Define a Name by refering to the named range in the other workbook. MainWorkbook Validation => List List => 'SourceWorkbook.xls'!Source_List SourceWorkbook Source_List => A1:A20 However, I don't want to have to have SourceWorkbook open. The only way I can think to get around it is to mirror Source_List in MainWorkbook as "Slave_List" and refer to it directly. However, Source_List changes in size. Is there a workshe...

[object error] when trying to print prima crystal report
Hi all, When I try to print from a report, a messagebox with "[object error]" appears... Any ideas... ...