Linking Database to invoice/email template

I have designed my database and on inputting a new supplier I would like
Access to generate an invoice in excel and an email in outlook express, is
this at all possible as can't seem to find anything like this in my step by
step book.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Neets <Neets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have designed my database and on inputting a new supplier I would like
>Access to generate an invoice in excel and an email in outlook express, is
>this at all possible as can't seem to find anything like this in my step by
>step book.

Actually I'd create the invoice in a PDF format.  Making sure you
retain a copy of course.  That way it's more difficult for the folks
at the other end to muck with it.

A2000ReportToPDF is an Access 2000 database containing a function to
convert Reports and Snapshot files to PDF documents. No PDF Printer
driver is required.
http://www.lebans.com/reporttopdf.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Multiple copies of just one email
I'm using Outlook 2002 on Windows XP professional and I keep receiving a new copy of one email message every time I open Outlook or it performs a timed send/receive. All other email messages have been fine, i.e. just one copy. Would this be a problem with my computer that I can fix, a problem with the sender's computer that she can fix, or is something else the matter? I only get one copy of all other messages from the same sender. If anyone else is having this problem, I received an answer in the Office-Outlook-General Questions Discussion Group. I was able to log into my ...

Timesheet Database
I am looking for a database or program that we can use for employee timecards. We deal in the supported living home environment and have 9 group homes that any number of employees could work at. Employees can even work at different group homes and we need to track this. What we would like is for when an employee enters the home, they would enter there code into the computer. At the end of the week the supervisor at the house will be able to print out a report, preferrably in Excel but may be able to work from a different format, that will list the employee codes, times worked, and total...

Benifits of tracking number on email subject line
According to the Techknowledge article https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/techknowledge.aspx turning off the tracking number results in the loss of the Microsoft CRM system's ability to automatically track incoming e-mail. Can someone please explain which trcking functionality are we loosing here ? What are the other benifits of having the tracking number ? Thanks. Sorry, I didn't give the right link. http://mbs.microsoft.com/techknowledge/techknowledge.asp? id=34747&target=PS Document ID: 34747 >-----Original Message----- >According to the Techknowledge arti...

Access XP database
I am creating a database that will produce a sales contract in the construction biz. It will have two tables: one contains the line items and the other the customer information and static contractural information. I need to link the two tables so that I can produce a query from which I will produce a report. 3 questions: 1). What kind of field would I need to create to act as primary key, which leads to question 2). What kind of relationship do I need: one to many, etc and 3). what kind of join would I need to make this work?. The table with line items has a "Yes/No&...

How: Link Word merge document to Quote from 'print quote for custo
In CRM 4.0 we want to do this as sometimes the sales person does minor amendments to word merge document, and if customer looses quote and wants another sent, any member of staff can send them a copy again. Currently the workaround is to save to Word document and then add Note to Quote and then attach Word file manually. Is there a better way than this? ...

Newbie q: Can't modify a database
Hi, I've been handed an access database in order to modify it (in the programming sense), but when i open it it opens as an application, without any apparent means of modifying the database structure. All it will let me do is add or edit data. Is there a secret trick to opening the database for modification, or do I have to go to the owners of the database and have them save it in a different way? Thanks, Jon Hi Jon If you hold down the shift key while the database is opening it should bypass any startup options code and take you straight to the database window. If this doesn'...

database query select the "top record" only
good afternoon All, I would like to know the SQL to select only the "top" record of a query sorted by date/number or operation of numbers e.g. max of date, min of stock, etc so I only retrieve the first and most important value instead of a set of several values. here below an EG from a query I use every day: SELECT pordtl.pdtiid, pordtl.pdtvds, pordtl.pdtluc, pordtl.pdtvum, pordtl.pdtwhs, pordtl.pdtode, pordtl.pdtvdr FROM beth.pordtl pordtl GROUP BY pordtl.pdtiid, pordtl.pdtvds, pordtl.pdtluc, pordtl.pdtvum, pordtl.pdtwhs, pordtl.pdtode, pordtl.pdtvdr HAVING (pordtl.pdtiid I...

Public Folder Contacts for addressing email in OWA
OK, Exchange 2003 SP2, users can access OWA just fine. They can view a shared calendar in Public folders... they can view a shared contacts file in Public folders... what I cannot seem to be able to get to work... is a way for users to address new emails using the shared contacts in Public folders. Clicking "To" or "find" does not allow you to select the contacts listed in the Public folders. Can this be done? I don't think there is anyway to make a public folder Contacts folder visible in OWA. Maybe someone like Messageware (www.messageware.com) has an add-on ...

I need a template for avery 6572
I am trying to format a lable 6572 (avery). I can't find it in publisher 2003 - and I can use word, although the lable doesn't look as good, because I have to save it as a jpg. Any ideas? Often the same Avery label will be found under different numbers. They change because of ink jet or laser, color, and/or quantity. It could be that the label you need is called something else. I'd suggest checking Avery's website and see if this is the case. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "helpmerhon...

auto reply email entering queue
How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues. Any idea ? -- Christophe As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this way. Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on Activity-Tabl...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

Linking Powerpoint and Publisher publications
Right Im trying to produce a Business plan (sadly im not away to become a rich and successful entrepreneur, this is all coursework for university!) and a presentation to go with it. I would quite like the business plan and the slideshow to have a matching theme, the same background, graphics etc but how do I do that?? Any ideas?? I just want it to look resonably professional >-----Original Message----- >Right Im trying to produce a Business plan (sadly im not away to become a >rich and successful entrepreneur, this is all coursework for university!) and >a presentation to...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

How do I insert a logo into outgoing email in Outlook?
I want to creat stationery in Outlook that has my company logo at the top. When I try to create stationery and insert the logo, the entire page is filled with many logos. ...

DDE link error Excel freezes
Hi, I am using Excel 2003 and in one sheet I have a DDE link from anothe program. When I open the sheet I get a question wether I want to updat the fields or not. When I click YES the sheet normally opens and I ca view the data. But sometimes it seems like Excel freezes and I have t wait 3-5 minutes until it resumes. Anyone that has any idea why? The source program is always started first by the way. Kennet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

email attachments #12
Outlook removes access to every attachment I receive. How do I stop this so I can view the attachments? ...

Outbox message about unsent emails.
Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get rid of this message. Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure that Show all Messages is selected. You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to ...

Cannot delete email message?
Is that something you want help with? If so, you should post a more detailed explanation of the problem to a newsgroup dedicated to supporting your email client. This particular forum is dedicated to MS Access, the database program which comes with MS Office. George "Susan Phelan" <divasue@cox.net> wrote in message news:%23YmPewVVIHA.5396@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

Stopping Outlook sending Email Not Read messages
Hi. I read all my email at work but have a copy sent to another pop3 mailbox which i download at home. I download headers only and then select the messages i wish to keep at home and delete the rest. Since buying a new laptop, its started sending "Email Not Read" receipts to people whose messages i delete at home. This is obviously confusing them as in some cases i've replied to the email i had at work! My previous copy of Outlook never used to do it and i've turned off all read receipts options. Any ideas how i can stop this? Alex ...

Database File Size
Hello All, A quick question regarding the Database size: We had an old Access database file protected by Security Wizard, We created a new database file and import everything from the old file, however the size is not exactly the same, the new database file is way smaller than the old one. Does that mean any data lost in the import process? Or is there any other reason such as we used the Security Wizard on the old one not the new one so that overhead was added...anyone could explain this? Also is there a way to compare the two database file to see if they are the same or not? Thanks a lot!...

POP downloading but not displaying email
I recently installed the Outlook Connector to Windows Live mail account (although I do not know if this has anything to do with the problem). Suddenly, when downloading pop email, the email never actually reaches my Outlook mailboxes. Some email does but the vast majority of it doesn't. On the bottom right of Outlook, it shows downloading of messages but then the messages just disappear. I have looked in the junk folder, deleted folder, even the draft folder but the downloaded messages aren't there. I deleted all of the filters. At this point I don't know what else to do...

Valid Status Code on Email
Hi. After upgrading 3.0 to 4.0, we get this error code when trying to send emails: Does anyone have any resolution/pointers to this problem? Regards K ------- Error Description: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Error Details: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Full Stack: [ArgumentException: 6 is not a valid status code on email. Parameter name: statusCode] [CrmArgumentException: 6 is not a valid status code on email.] at Microsoft.Crm.BusinessEntities.StatusCodeValidator.Validate(EntityMetadata entityMetadata, Int32 stateCode, Int32 statusCode) at Microsoft.Crm.Busine...

IE8 & Microsoft Money Invoices Do Not Print
Dear Sir or Ma'am: You have known for several months that IE8 stops MS Money from printing invoices. Please fix this problem now. I see discussions dating back to the beginning of March noting this problem - why does it persist? -- The Merc ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agre...

Refresh ODBC link
I have a link set up to pull information from our system directly to an Access table. Our systems department has added a couple of new fields to the table but it doesn't automatically update my Access table. Is there a way to refresh the table to get these new fields, or do I have to set up a new table? Thanks. Go to the linked table manager (Tools/Database Utilities), open and select your table, then refresh the link. Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "nitengale" wrote: > I have a link set up to pull information from our system directly to a...

How to add a picture to an Outlook 2002 signature, without using 'Word as email editor'
We have disabled 'Word as email editor' by group policy. This is essential as we run a Citrix environment and Word as email editor hammers the server processors. However, when I have created a signature with a graphic, it does not work unless 'word as email editor' is enabled. If not, there is just an empty box with a red cross in it. There is a work around where you insert the graphic manually into your email, but this is not a satisfactory solution for users. I'd love to hear any solutions to this. We run Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2002. Cronos ...