Linked DB2 Tables and "Decimal field's precision is too small to..." Error

Hi,

I'm trying to open a linked DB2 (OS/390) table in Access and am receiving the
following error:

The decimal field's precision is too small to accept the numeric you
attempted to add.

All we are trying to do is open this table, no inserts, updates or deletes.
The table has one field that is defined as DECIMAL with precision 11 and 4
decimal places.

Does anybody have a suggestion here?

0
niki_west
4/12/2007 9:13:37 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"niki_west" <u33260@uwe> wrote in message news:7095d0ba639ca@uwe...
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to open a linked DB2 (OS/390) table in Access and am receiving
> the
> following error:
>
> The decimal field's precision is too small to accept the numeric you
> attempted to add.
>
> All we are trying to do is open this table, no inserts, updates or
> deletes.
> The table has one field that is defined as DECIMAL with precision 11 and 4
> decimal places.
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion here?

0
i_takeuti
4/12/2007 9:50:07 PM
I have a couple of different db2 subsystems and have experienced the
curiosity, that I could read the table in our test system without a problem.
Only when I try to open the table in the production enviroment do I get the
precision error.