learning access 01-31-08

Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access

0
Manas
1/31/2008 8:28:36 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:58:36 +0530, "Manas Ranjan Nayak"
<manasrn@sancharnet.in> wrote:

>Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access

Here's some places to look:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

running total 03-15-08
i need to have a running total in a query. example date item qty needed onhand available 03/18/08 1 500 2000 1500 03/19/08 1 1500 2000 0 3/20/08 1 250 2000 -250 so the available column changes based on the available of the prior line. i want this to continue until the item changes. is this possible. thanks Use a subquery to get the sum of the previous values for the same item. You will want type an expression like this into the Field row of your qu...

Unable to access outlook
I went through a windows update and was asked to reboot which I did. I had Outlook open and closed it before rebooting - it was opened to contacts. when I tried to access Outlook I got an error message saying "your personal address book could not be opened. the file is either not accessible or not a personal address book. choose retry to access your personal address book, or choose cancel to not open your personal address book with this application." I have no other application to open this address book with! my contact info is detrumental to me as well as my Calendar...

How to convert MTS, TS, M2TS Video to HD video, MP4, WMV, AVI... 06-01-10
This article will share with you how to convert MTS, TS, M2TS video to normal video formats. You need 3 nice tool to do it: MTS Converter( http://www.5idownload.com/as-MTS-converter.html ), TS Video Converter( http://www.5idownload.com/as-TS-video-converter.html ), M2TS Converter( http://www.5idownload.com/as-M2TS-converter.html ). Part 1: What is MTS, TS, M2TS Files? Part 2: How to convert MTS video? Part 3: How to convert TS video ? Part 4: How to convert M2TS video ? Part 1: MTS, TS, M2TS is the raw file of AVCHD video. These formats are high-definition MPEG, AVC, H.264...

Convert Excel to Access
I have installed the Access Links add in Excel but the actual convert command does not show up in the Data menu. What am I doing wrong? I have installed this feature on 2 different PC's with the same results (Using Office 2000 with all updates installed.) ...

Using Access for Microsoft Navision Reporting
I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and are willing to share their experiences with this approach. Thanks! Brad -- Brad "Brad" wrote:subed going to jail > I am curious if there are companies that have used Microsoft Access to > produce reports from Microsoft Navision 2009 (SQL-Server version) data and > are willing to share their experiences with this approach. > > Thanks! > > Brad > > > > > -- ...

Access 2007 & Printer control codes
My (POS) printer needs to receive the following - I think it is called escape sequence code "LPRINT CHR$(29); CHR(86); CHR$(48)" in order to activate the paper cutter at the end of a print report. Where and how do I have to place this on the print report form? Any ideas or clues? Thanks, Vassilis I haven't worked with printer control codes for a very long time, but you could try putting a textbox at the end of your report and assigning it's control source as: =chr$(29) & "; " & chr$(86) & "; " & chr$(48) That assumes the semi-colo...

Can you retain msgs in Web Access afer deletion from reg outlook
Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from being deleted from regular Outlook and vice versa? If you use Exchange as your default location for Outlook, then no. Once = deleted from the server, it is deleted from your default store. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Carolyn asked: | Is there a way to keep messages that are deleted from web access from | being deleted from regular Out...

Allow Exchange Access, not domain logon
I am an email administrator for a community college. We have several adjunct instructors that use only OWA to access their email. However, when we create the email account, they are also able to logon to any domain workstation. Does anyone know how to resrict a domain account to be able to access OWA, but not have permission to log into domain workstations? We have a Server 2003 domain with 2 DC's. Exchange 2003 is running on one DC (I know it is not the best config, but it can be helped at this time.) I have tried the "Log On To" settings in the users AD object, but it alw...

callout registry access
Which service do I need to check permissions on to allow my callout method registry access? The user I am logged in with as I can run regedit with full rights, but my event log shows a permissions issue whenever my callout method tries to read from my registry. not really sure, but the callouts are controlled by the CRM workflow service I think - you can check the account that the wf service runs as... Dave "waterskier" <waterskier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03F597E2-1931-481F-87AD-6687133D4C7A@microsoft.com... > Which service do I need to chec...

CRM Errors 12-01-06
Anyone know why I may see this error? Event Type: Error Event Source: Core Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 11/30/2006 Time: 4:32:27 PM User: N/A Computer: TARARISDAS01 Description: Failed to create an instance of AddOn: System.String[] Reason: File or assembly name CRMeXtension.AddOns.MultiCurrency.dll, or one of its dependencies, was not found. Details: at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Boolean isStringized, Evidence assemblySecurity, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) at System.Reflecti...

Access Templates 01-23-08
So far I am the only one of 40-50 users that has received this message. I hve looked at microsofts information and found every file that should be associated with SQL-DMO. Since we have found no reason for this problem we have tried restoring to a time 2 months befor we first installed Office 07. After reinstalling Office 07, I can download templates for all other applications again but Access 07. Access 03 templates come down with no problems also. And I can not create a new 07 Access database. All of our PCs are loaded based on an image and I verified with the hardware folks that I have...

picture 02-22-08
hope you like it.. "Maria Sanchez" <fabulosa356@yahoo.com> wrote > hope you like it.. Perhaps fortunately, there was no picture -- if you thought you were sending e-mail, that would be fortunate. This is a newsgroup devoted to questions, answers, and technical discussion about Microsoft Access database software. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP ...

Cannot access System settings in Great Plains
I'm not sure what happened, but I can't access the System settings in Great Plains. A password box pops up when I try to access the System settings. (This even happens while using the sa account). None of the admins changed the security recently. Does anyone know how I should fix this? Should I just restore a backup of the Dynamics database? Does anyone know what the default dynsa password is? Maybe I can try to access the system via the dynsa user. Thanks. The password you are being asked for is not the password of any user. It is the System Password that was either enter...

OE removed access to the following
I am not able to open any attachments I receive. How can I fix this @bak.rr.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am not able to open any attachments I receive. How can > I fix this Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup (hint: Tools>Options>Security) -- Brian Tillman ...

Form problem 03-11-08
Hi there, I have an input form to capture records to linked SQL tables. the one form opens up with a blank screen on a new record, which is right. The other form opens up with a record loaded... I've looked at every single property for the form, but cannot see a difference between the two forms. Also, the tables that the forms are linked to are identical in setup. Can you help?! On Tue, 11 Mar 2008 08:05:01 -0700, PsyberFox <PsyberFox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there, > >I have an input form to capture records to linked SQL tables. the one form >opens...

open existing .adp in Access 2007
I have upgraded to Access 2007, now I can not open 2003 .adp files. Double click on file starts access but file does not open, no error, just nothing except the Access intro. Even create new adp (in 2007), add a few bits, save, close, will NOT reopen. VERY frustrating to spend money and go backwards. Back end is SQL server 2005. Any input would be very appreciated, thank you. ...

VBA in Access or Outlook
I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of the message only the data relative to the particular recipient. My question is which application Access or Outlook is the best one to code the module in to do this? I am using Access 2003 and Outlook 2003. Use the SendObject command in Access VBA. "Susan" wrote: > I have a table containing email addresses and other data that I need to email > out to each recipient in the table. Each email will contain in the body of ...

[ESC
Hi Guys; I don't know if this is something you can address or not... Diane & I - both Comcast subscribers - have had problems all week receiving from this one newsgroup. Between ~9:00 PM Sunday & ~10:00 AM Wednesday I received one message. Perhaps 4 posts (total) came through Tue, Wed & Thu, then nothing until 2 posts (in the same thread) today (Sat) between 11 AM & 1:30 PM. Other MVPs - not using Comcast - have indicated that there has definitely been a rather steady volume of traffic in the group. I also looked at the group via Mactopia & confirmed that there have...

Access 2007 leap year error
I have Office 2007 Sp 1 installed. When I attempt to create a report based on a query which has the following code: Between [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![StartDate] And [Forms]![frmMonthlySelector]![EndDate] where [StartDate] and [EndDate] are fields in the form frmMonthlySelector; For dates between 1/1/08 and 1/31/08 I get a full report including items that have a date of 1/31/08. However, when I enter dates between 2/1/08 and 2/29/08 the report shows dates only from 2/1/08 and 2/28/08 and leaves off 2/29/08. As a test I entered static values, ie: Between #2/1/08# And #2/29/08#j The r...

synchronization of Xml file access in .net Pro
Hi, Iam trying to develop a solution for my comapny in MS VS Pro, using C++.net. My work involves extensive usage of xml as well. I use DOM model for xml opeartions. Now the problem scenario is that multiple clients might be using my application as same time and trying to modify/update the same xml file. Therefore i need a mechanism to provide a synchronous access to the xml file. One very obvious solution to this problem is that I use lock on the file access. Other solution can invlove some kind of usage of synclock to lock the block the code accessing/updating the xml file. But i guess bo...

A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored ...
Hi. CRM 3.0 Windows XP Outlook 2003 My Outlook 2003 users are experiencing a problem in Outlook when they use CRM. When they access a tracked email, they receive a warning message from Outlook that says "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? ......." I have many users who use Outlook XP and they don't have this warning message. Why only Outlook 2003 ? I installed the Outlook security settings feature in our Public Folder but it's not working for CRM. It's working for many other things but not CRM. W...

Outlook blocks access
I am trying to sync my large address book in Outlook with my phone using Bluetooth. When I open the connection Outlook tells me an application is trying to open Outlook & allows a maximum of 10minutes to get the information it requires. Unfortunately that's not enough time for my phone to sync all the contacts. Can I disable this feature on a temporary or permanent basis? or can I increase the maximum allowed time currently offered by Outlook. Any help gratefully received Chris Check with your synchronization tool vendor for a newer version that avoids the security prompt....

Outlook throwing 'Access is Denied' errors when using My Documents shortcut #2
Hi, I have a problem with a few of our users which seems to be isolated to Outlook. All the workstations are running XP SP2 with Office 2003 (using Outlook in cached mode). Our setup is such that the users my documents automatically maps to a network folder - This works fine through explorer, but when trying to access it via Outlook (save as an attachment for example), it returns "Access is Denied" and fails to open the my documents folder. This works fine from other applications such as word. I had initially thought an update to McAfee VirusScan had solved this problem, but appar...

email 04-08-10
I keep getting a pop-up when I try to open Microsoft mail. What is causing this....sometimes I have mail and other times I don;t but I always get the pop-up that says I have an error. Define: Microsoft Mail. It has been out of production for about 15 years. Windows Mail perhaps? Is this pop-up an error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Duane" <Duane@discussio...

VBA to access data from another spreadsheet
If cell a1 contains the name of a file like : Costings and this is th name of a completely separate spreadsheet that is in C:\data, what VB code can I use to utilise the data in A1 to create a path to looku data from the costings spreadsheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dov, You don't necessarily need VBA. If you want to use VLOOKUP to look in another workbook, it might look like the following. The external workbook name (Costings.xls) is hard coded into the formula. The value being looked up is in B1, and the table in Costings is in A2:B7: =VLOOKUP(B1, [Costi...