Is there some kind of color reference table for values?

Hi,

Im using a flexgrid that lets me set fillcolors etc...

i saw some code that defined some colors but i wanted to know if there was a 
chart so i can figure out my own colour schemes..

the code was...

Const conCream As Long = 13303807
Const conNavy As Long = 8404992
Const conPaleGreen As Long = 13434828
Const conLightBlue As Long = 16760445

thanks 


0
Craig
10/23/2007 8:49:15 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

4 Replies
755 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:49:15 +0100, "Craig Armitage" <craig@icarmitage.co.uk>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Im using a flexgrid that lets me set fillcolors etc...
>
>i saw some code that defined some colors but i wanted to know if there was a 
>chart so i can figure out my own colour schemes..
>
>the code was...
>
>Const conCream As Long = 13303807
>Const conNavy As Long = 8404992
>Const conPaleGreen As Long = 13434828
>Const conLightBlue As Long = 16760445
>
>thanks 
>

There's a logic, if not a chart. The numbers can be expressed in hexadecimal
format: e.g. 8404992 is x'804000'. You can then split this number up into
three two-digit numbers - 80, 40 and 0. Each number represents one color -
blue, green, and red respectively. Each color ranges from 00 (e.g. conNavy has
no red in it at all) to FF (FF0000 would be fully saturated blue).

You can see "Color Constants" Help in the Object browser, or just define your
own constants; just remember that 000000 is pure black (absence of all
colors), FFFFFF is brightest white (all three primary colors blended), and
every other color is somewhere in between.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
10/24/2007 12:28:26 AM
so can i specify the number as hex in code?  That would make it easier to 
create colors




"John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message 
news:5v3th3dngkqgntmesa3ujd5qsfbp7578oa@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:49:15 +0100, "Craig Armitage" 
> <craig@icarmitage.co.uk>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Im using a flexgrid that lets me set fillcolors etc...
>>
>>i saw some code that defined some colors but i wanted to know if there was 
>>a
>>chart so i can figure out my own colour schemes..
>>
>>the code was...
>>
>>Const conCream As Long = 13303807
>>Const conNavy As Long = 8404992
>>Const conPaleGreen As Long = 13434828
>>Const conLightBlue As Long = 16760445
>>
>>thanks
>>
>
> There's a logic, if not a chart. The numbers can be expressed in 
> hexadecimal
> format: e.g. 8404992 is x'804000'. You can then split this number up into
> three two-digit numbers - 80, 40 and 0. Each number represents one color -
> blue, green, and red respectively. Each color ranges from 00 (e.g. conNavy 
> has
> no red in it at all) to FF (FF0000 would be fully saturated blue).
>
> You can see "Color Constants" Help in the Object browser, or just define 
> your
> own constants; just remember that 000000 is pure black (absence of all
> colors), FFFFFF is brightest white (all three primary colors blended), and
> every other color is somewhere in between.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP] 


0
Craig
10/24/2007 7:56:56 AM
What I normally do to select a color is to use the Access built-in
Color Picker. Just add a temporary Text box to your form (or use an
existing one), click on the BackColor property and click the button
with the three dots. Select a color from the Color dialogue (click the
Define Custom Colors button to see all the colors), click the Add to
Custom Colors button and then click OK. You can then use the number
that Access returns in the Text box BackColor property as the number
in the Constant definition in code.

HTH

Peter Hibbs.

On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:56:56 +0100, "Craig Armitage"
<craig@icarmitage.co.uk> wrote:

>so can i specify the number as hex in code?  That would make it easier to 
>create colors
>
>
>
>
>"John W. Vinson" <jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote in message 
>news:5v3th3dngkqgntmesa3ujd5qsfbp7578oa@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:49:15 +0100, "Craig Armitage" 
>> <craig@icarmitage.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>Im using a flexgrid that lets me set fillcolors etc...
>>>
>>>i saw some code that defined some colors but i wanted to know if there was 
>>>a
>>>chart so i can figure out my own colour schemes..
>>>
>>>the code was...
>>>
>>>Const conCream As Long = 13303807
>>>Const conNavy As Long = 8404992
>>>Const conPaleGreen As Long = 13434828
>>>Const conLightBlue As Long = 16760445
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>
>>
>> There's a logic, if not a chart. The numbers can be expressed in 
>> hexadecimal
>> format: e.g. 8404992 is x'804000'. You can then split this number up into
>> three two-digit numbers - 80, 40 and 0. Each number represents one color -
>> blue, green, and red respectively. Each color ranges from 00 (e.g. conNavy 
>> has
>> no red in it at all) to FF (FF0000 would be fully saturated blue).
>>
>> You can see "Color Constants" Help in the Object browser, or just define 
>> your
>> own constants; just remember that 000000 is pure black (absence of all
>> colors), FFFFFF is brightest white (all three primary colors blended), and
>> every other color is somewhere in between.
>>
>>             John W. Vinson [MVP] 
>
0
Peter
10/24/2007 11:38:18 AM
On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:56:56 +0100, "Craig Armitage" <craig@icarmitage.co.uk>
wrote:

>so can i specify the number as hex in code?  That would make it easier to 
>create colors

I'd use the color picker as suggested, but yes you could; e.g. you could use
three integers, iBlue, iGreen, iRed, values 0 through 255; and generate iColor
using

iColor = iBlue * 65536 + iGreen * 256 + iRed


             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
10/24/2007 4:34:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Logic Formula using colors in the formula?
Hi: I am using Office (Excel) 2007, and for some reason I thought that a change was made in this version of Excel, that allows for formulas which take into account the font color. Here is what I'm trying to accomplish: In Columns L & M I have dates that identify a beginning and end date for a class that a student has signed up for. If the student hasn't paid in full, the class dates are in bold red font. Once payment has been made, I change the font to black (and unbold it). The two issues I'd love to do with formula (to make things easier) are the following: ...

Cell Function/Font Color
Is there a CELL Function that you can identify the color of a font with? I would like part of a macro to make a decision based upon the color of the font in a particular cell. Use font colorindex in your code. Sub test_for_color() With ActiveCell.Font If .ColorIndex = 3 Then MsgBox "got it right" Else MsgBox "not right" End If End With End Sub You could set the code up with Select Case for varying colors. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 12 May 2010 13:18:05 -0700, HpyTrvlr69 <HpyTrvlr...

Pivot Table result isn't displaying all the data that it should
I have a pivot table that I use to list invoices paid on a certain date. I fill in this field in the spreadsheet, refresh the pivot table and select the date I want from the dropdown list but it doesn't always list all the invoices. Then I'll refresh it again and it displays an extra invoice or two but not all the ones it should. I've verified that I entered all the info correctly and try to refresh multiple times but it doesn't display all the data. If I delete the pivot table and recreate it then it finds all the invoices. Later, it happens again. Has this happen...

Setting checkbox value in subform
Hi All, I am wanting to set the value of a checkbox on each line of a subform based on a value on the main form and a value on the subform. the code I hoped would work is below. Clearly it doesn't as the checkbox I'm wanting to set is always set to True irrespective of the value of the other subform checkbox. Private Sub Form_Current() If Forms![Events]![EventTypeID].Value = 1 And Forms![Events]![Events Subform].Form![L2 Attended].Value = True Then Forms![Events]![Events Subform].Form![Attended].Value = True ElseIf Forms![Events]![EventTypeID].Value = 2 And F...

Need Help on Matching a value from a list of values
This is my formula: =IF(Data!B2:B21=K54,"ZONE2","ZONE1") and k54=PINE AND PINEL is found IN THE RANGE B2:B21 ;however, this fromula return ZONE1 Can some one help me? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(K54,Data!B2:B21,FALSE)),"ZONE1","ZONE2") another: =IF(COUNTIF(Data!B2:B21,K54),"ZONE2","ZONE1") In article <nespa.19412i@excelforum-nospam.com>, nespa <<nespa.19412i@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > This is my formula: =IF(Data!B2:B21=K54,"ZONE2&qu...

How can I filter ofr odd and even values
Hi, Can I filter Odd and even values in Excel.Is there any formula, function or filter? Thanks and Merry Christmas to all Easiest is to use a helper column with a formula like =MOD(A2,2) HTH. Best wishes Harald "Diana" <dianamrcoach@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e4f3aff2-4245-4fa5-b091-226518bfda76@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Can I filter Odd and even values in Excel.Is there any formula, > function or filter? > > Thanks and Merry Christmas to all Thank you very much. Great solution! ...

How To maintain ListControl Values
Hi, I had ListControl,its contains looks like " Index IPAddress ID Pwd" fields . I want to edit the box and give the input to those editbox values at the run time.After that if user click close the Listcontrol dialog application those values, will maintain the listcontrol.How to maintain the listcontrol values. In the OnInitDialog() function i called: m_lstCtrl.SetExtendedStyle(m_lstCtrl.GetExtendedStyle()| LVS_EX_GRIDLINES|LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT); I set the properties in the ListControl Appearance EditLabels i set TRUE View i set REPORT and then Single Selecti...

How can I Convert Links into Values for only Visible Cells?
How can i convert links into values for only visible cells for selected range(s)? Regards, Murtaza Hi Murtaza Push F5 then click Special, then "Visible cells" then ok. Now do copy - paste special- values *****Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum & Business Software***** Thanks for your reply but I got error "That command cannot be used on multiple selections." Thing is that I have a series of rows, say from A1-A5 (visible & links) then A6 (hide & formula). Now again from A8-A13(visible & links) a...

Just want to Change color of Font??
Version: 2008 I am used to using a PC and this is my first Mac- I am not used to this version of word. I would like to do simple things like change the color of the font or make the font bold or underlined but I don't know where to go for those options. There are tables and columns and other elaborate applications but I would just simply like the basics. So, if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be tremendous! View Menu > Toolbars> click on Edit. Edit Toolbar comes up gives you all kinds of formatting tools including Font color, back Ground Color , Bold, ...

Duplicating records from one table to itself
I have developed a data entry form for my customer's accounting application. This for has a controlsource that is the accounting transactions table. I have been asked to provide a capability to copy the record being displayed on the screen and duplicate it a number of times in the same table as recurring transactions, each of which would have a different billing date. I have considered several approaches, but would like some suggestions about how to proceed. Thank you. You can create an append query that has the form controls for the value of each field. Then you can...

Copy/Paste Values code
Is there a faster way to copy and paste one entire worksheets data into another existing worksheet? I do NOT want to rename the sheets. Code below is what I'm using now but it seems that there should be a simpler way. Thanks! Sub CopySheets() Sheets("Sheet2").Select Cells.Select Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Application.CutCopyMode = False End Sub Give this a try... Sub...

tracking from a query to a table
I have a table that contains codes for our distance learning classes. Our state is getting ready to make a massive change to these codes. I know I have queries that support reports and forms based on these codes. Is there a way to track from the table to each query, form, or report that the codes is used? Any help here will really save me a lot of hours tracking this stuff down or waiting until something breaks. Thanks Jacqueline On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 15:24:01 -0800, Jacqueline <Jacqueline@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a table that contains codes for...

Copy Color Formats Based On Column Date Values
I currently have this code, where HMLoc is the starting point for a color paste at C6. Instead of having this a constant field, I need it to search for today's date in the cell above it (C5) (The dates are given in the range C5:BO5), and then color accordingly. I have struggled with this all morning and can't get it to work the way I want it. Please help me! Option Explicit Const LegendLoc = "BH3" Const HMLoc = "C6" Const None = 0 Sub ColorHM() Dim theRow As Integer Dim theCol As Integer Dim NumX As Single Dim Color1 As Integer Dim Color2 As Integer Dim Color3 A...

Not accept a value of 0 in a currency field.
In a cost savings field I want to not accept a savings of 0, but a cost of less than or greater than 0 is acceptable. In my projects database there is a cost saving field and the engineers are getting around it by putting in a 0 so I want to force them to put in an acceptable value. for example the savings might be $1.99 or ($1.99) but not $0.00. How can i do that. in the validation rule property of your field put <>0 "Leslie" wrote: > In a cost savings field I want to not accept a savings of 0, but a cost of > less than or greater than 0 is acceptable. In my ...

Pivot Table
Hello, We have a report that is based on a pivot table that is linked to a MS Access database. This database is located in a drive in our network drvie that stopped working. We do have a backup of the database but will restore it in some other location. Is there a less painful way to point the pivot table source database to another database than to recreate them? Thank you in advance. Brigham Hi Brig Right click on the PT and select Wizard>Back>Enter source of new data>Finish>Refresh -- Regards Roger Govier "Brig Siton" <bsitonno@spamoptonline.net&...

Pivot Tables
I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well as the new, is there any way to reset the list without removing and adding back in the table. I cant find where in the spreadsheet it stores this information. Steve There are instructions here for clearing old items from the dropdown lists: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html Steve wrote: > I have external data comming in from a database, when i alter the data the > pivot table still shows row selections from the old data as well ...

Adding a Field Name from Table/Query to Excel Export File
What I have is an export file to excel which I am able to do successfully using an OutputTo macro: Object Type: Query Object Name: ZZZ_Executive_Summary Output Format: Miscrosoft Excel 97-2003 (*.xls) Output File: "C:\ES\" & Format(Date(),"mm-dd-yyyy") & " Executive Summary. xls" What I would like to do is add the branch name into the file name. The field in the query is simply "Branch" When I try something like &[Branch]& or (query name/field) >> &ES!Branch& or &[ES].[Branch]&, etc... no matter what I...

Reference rst field from form
Is there a way to reference "resZip" in the following code from a form .. eg MyFile = ![Me.cboFieldName] where the cboFieldName = rezZip The recordset contains one field which groups a set a set of data, in this case a zip code. But at times it may be City, County, Country. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Set rst2 = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("qryGroupField") With rst2 Do Until .EOF Myfile = ![resZip] **(i want to change this line to a variable from a combobox)** Export function which runs a...

Publisher Color Printing problem
My brochure which I have printed many times before now will only print in B/W. It shows in color but not in Priint preview or in actual print. Can anyone help? Thanks Janet Might be a corrupted driver. Go to the manufacturer's web site and see if there is an updated printer driver. If not, uninstall your printer and reinstall It is always better to completely uninstall your printer before reinstalling/installing. Bruce Sanderson's Windows Web How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.micros...

Macro to add value if cell has a color :-s
I don't know if this exists, but is it possible to check if a certain cell has a color? Normally a cell is blank, but someone asked me to see if it is possible to check if a cell is colored.. Any suggestions? Thanks!!! Is this sufficient? Sub ifcolor() If Range("b2").Interior.ColorIndex > 0 Then MsgBox "yep" End Sub -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <test@testnospam.nl> wrote in message news:obht5456aq6ur5gbqmasacqke9p2g13o7i@4ax.com... >I don't know if this exists, but is it possible to check if a cer...

display all row fields in pivot table
I have a pivot table which groups my row fields and shows blank cells. I want to show all field cells. Basically, I have: Sales Bob Client ABC Contract 1 Project 1 <blank> <blank> <blank> Project 2 <blank> <blank> Contract 2 Project 1 <blank> Client XYZ Contract 1 Project 1 I want to display as: Sales Bob Client ABC Contract 1 Project 1 Sales Bob Client ABC Contract 1 Project 2 Sales Bob Client ABC Contract 2 Project 1 Sales Bob Client XYZ Contract 1 Project 1 Is this possible? Meant... =if(len(a2)<>0,a2,f1 Sorry! -...

Click on graph bar to execute a double-click in a pivot table cell
Excel 2002. I have a group of 6 different stacked bar charts built from parts of a pivot table. Each graph has several bars with each bar having sections for categories "10", "20", "30", "40", and "50". The graphs can be direct linked to the pivot table (as a pivot chart) or linked to an intermediate sheet looksup the data from the pivot table. I want to be able to click (double or single click) on a graph bar or section of a bar and execute the same action (.ShowDetail) that occurs when you double-click on a cell in the pivot table (print th...

help needed to add values with conditions
Hi, I have some data N O P Q TD (Y/N) Value VAT Total Val Y £71.44 £10.72 £82.16 4 N £71.44 £10.72 £82.16 5 N £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 6 Y £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 N £102.85 £15.43 £118.28 N £34.22 £5.13 £39.35 N £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 N £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 N £0.00 £0.00 £0.00 N £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 N £84.08 £12.61 £96.69 Y £84.08 £...

Changing folder color?
In Outlook Pro 2003 is there any way of changing folder / subfolder color? Thx :) k Nope -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing) ----- ".::KoperniK::." <jonwlalalalaa@lalalagmx.net> wrote in message news:gYkZb.8774887$Id.14...

Desktop color
Using P2003, I changed my display resolution from 800x400 to a higher one, and my screen colors changed, both on my Windows desktop and my Publisher desktop. I can't remember, and couldn't find it in Help, how do I change my desktop within Pub to be something other than white? Control panel, display folder, appearance tab, advanced button. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:ONlxMXLjHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using P2003, I changed m...