is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons?

Hi

Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as
Next, Previous and New record?

Stapes
0
Stapes
1/16/2008 1:14:20 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Probably.  Trap what and when?

"Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as
> Next, Previous and New record?
>
> Stapes

0
BruceM
1/16/2008 1:40:34 PM
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:14:20 -0800 (PST), Stapes
<steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote:

No. And there shouldn't be a reason for that. There are plenty of
events in an Access form that you can do anything you need without it.
Form_Current is probably the closest; it fires any time the user has
moved to another record.
What are you having difficulty with?

-Tom.

>Hi
>
>Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as
>Next, Previous and New record?
>
>Stapes
0
Tom
1/16/2008 1:43:50 PM
No.  But you could create your own.  I do this on lots of my applications,
when I want more control over the appearance and use of the controls that the
generic navigation buttons provide.

I think Allen Browne (www.allenbrowne.com) has code for a navigation control
subform that you could use as a start point for what you are doing.

Dale
--
Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!

email address is invalid
Please reply to newsgroup only.

"Stapes" wrote:

> Hi
>
> Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as
> Next, Previous and New record?
>
> Stapes

Don't know whether Allen does, but Stephen Lebans does at
http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htm if Allen doesn't.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Dale Fye" <dale.fye@nospam.com> wrote in message
> No.  But you could create your own.  I do this on lots of my applications,
> when I want more control over the appearance and use of the controls that
> the
> generic navigation buttons provide.
>
> I think Allen Browne (www.allenbrowne.com) has code for a navigation
> control
> subform that you could use as a start point for what you are doing.
>
> Dale
> --
> Don''t forget to rate the post if it was helpful!
>
> email address is invalid
> Please reply to newsgroup only.
>

> "Stapes" wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as
>> Next, Previous and New record?
>>
>> Stapes

0
Douglas
1/16/2008 5:54:34 PM
Stapes wrote:
> Hi
>
> Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as
> Next, Previous and New record?
>
> Stapes

Depends on what you *really* mean.  Do you mean "when they use the navigation
buttons" or do you mean "when they navigate"?  I ask because there are numerous
ways a user can change to a different record (navigate) without actually using
the buttons.

If you only need to know when they specifically use the buttons then the best
thing to do is remove the display of the built in ones and substitute your own
as others have suggested.

If you need to know any time they change records regardless of the means they
use to do so, then you need to use the Current event of the form.  Of course
that fires "as you arrive at a record", not "as you are leaving a record".  If
you need the latter then you have a dilemma as there is no simple way to do
that.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick

can i use
Hello, I am Pramod from INDIA. I have some code in C# and some code in VC+ +.NET. I want to know that , can I use my C# code in VC++.NET. if yes what's way to use it give me example. Thanks & regards Pramod Sahgal These articles may be intersting to you assuming you are trying to call managed code from unmanaged code. If you are using totally managed code in C++/CLI then it is less of an issue. http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/InterOp.asp http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread620468.html http://www.andymcm.com/csharpfaq.htm http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sd10k43k(...

Can you ignore table validation on query append?
Hello, I have a table that has validation: IIf([Document 1] Is Null,[Document 2] Is Not Null And [Document 3] Is Not Null,IIf([Document 1] Is Not Null,[Document 2] Is Null And [Document 3] Is Null)) This is because when my user fills out their form, they must select one choice from List A OR one item from List B and one item from list C. My problem is that I have an append query to add any new hires to the table in an autoexec. The append query is failing because I am not updating any data for the above Documents. Is there anyway for me to get around the table validation on my append? Any ...

Can't display all text in cell
I'm trying to display text in a cell. I've got Wrap Text on, and I hav several paragraphs of text. All of it appears in the formula bar, bu not in the cell displayed on the screen. And yes, I increased the ro height, but it still doesn't show. Any ideas? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am having the same problem. Apparantly there is a 1024 character limitation per cel in excel. The only advice I have received so far, which does work, is to press alt+enter to create a line break. If you find another work around, I would be interested. Hi besid...

Using bitmaps with CPaintDC
Is the code below the right approach to displaying bitmaps to a dialog. And is there any obvious problems with it, such as not being consistently displayed on other monitors. Also I would need to display a number of (small) bitmaps side by side on rows, and will need to add scroll functionability to this dialog. Does anyone know of the best approach to displaying these bitmaps in rows, and then adding a scroll for just a certain area of the dialog where the bitmaps are displayed. The member variables bmp and cdc are declared in the class declaration. void CDCBmpTestDlg::OnPaint() { CPain...

100% CPU used by SQL and HQClient
We are seeing both HQ Client and SQL tie up resources at the store servers during connection to HQ. This can slow access to the store database by registers for a long period of time. Anyone else seeing similar performance issues on store servers? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_059A_01C7B449.07A22E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Rick, Make sure you're running 1.3 or higher. Consider more RAM and processor = speed. Maybe even dedicate a processor core to it. --=20 Regards, Jeff...

Excel 2007 and Word 2007 Hangs when using the File -> Open command
I have a couple users that when they have Excel 2007 or Word 2007 open, and click the File -> Open option, and choose a file, it either takes about 3 minutes to open the file or the program will crash. If they were to double click on the documents or spreadsheets, the doc or sheet will open right up. This is happening on the user's Hard drive as well as network drives. Once you get a file opened in Word or Excel, however, the next time you go to File -> Open, it's really fast to open the file. ...

suggested ways to manipulate XML files in .Net?
Hi everyone, I'm going to manipulate some XML files in my next project-- crawl through the tags, compare if file X has the same nodes as file Y, and if not, what the differences are and who's missing what. I'll also be comparing values between nodes in the two files, for when both documents do have the same named nodes. What .Net classes should I be looking at to accomplish these tasks? Thanks a bunch. Steve Hershoff wrote: > I'm going to manipulate some XML files in my next project-- crawl through > the tags, compare if file X has the same nodes as file Y, and...

best way to publish html newsletter for e-mail
I would like to create a newsletter and send via e-mail as an HTML file that will be viewable by a wide variety of e-mail programs (Outlook, Outlook Express, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.). Please advise if you have any suggestions. Shawn458 <Shawn458@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Please advise if you have any suggestions. Don't use Publisher. :-) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher I think it is the consensus of most is to use a pdf file attached to a cover letter e-mail. Benefits include limitless number of pages Full screen display by a...

Can't find CD/DVDdrive
My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. Working fine yesterday - no software changes made. Both have power to them. I've unplugged everything and put a new lead from them to the motherboard. Doesn't appear to be anything physical. Followed various posts on this site. Mr Fixit recognises the problem but can't fix it. Went into registry. Higher filters there but no lower filters. Any suggestions? On 06/20/2010 05:13 AM, Philx5 wrote: > My DVD drives have disappeared. they don't show as hardware in control panel. ...

Can't send large attachments
I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of outgoing attachments. My ISP has a 10mb limit but Outlook seems to balk at anything larger than 2mb. Anyone? -- Nadyne Nelson nadyne@prospectiveplanning.com Nadyne on MSN Messenger Cable/DSL or dialup? If Cable/DSL, are you behind a router (Linksys) that lets you share a single IP address with many computers? "Nadyne Nelson" <nadyne@verizon.net> wrote in message news:Sizgc.19499$G_.13360@nwrddc02.gnilink.net... > > I can't seem to find the place in Outlook to change the size of ...

way to verify time stamp?
Is there a way to verify when a forwarded message to you had originally been sent? I suspect someone is mis- representing themselves and simply typed new fields into the "original message" time and date. If not - is it possible (or at all likely) that someone sent me two emails days ago and they never bounced back and never made it to my inbox, while all other email functions appear completely normal?? Thanks! "Julie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27d701c49d00$dd3315d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to verify when a for...

can you date time stamp entries in excel
is it possible that when someone puts an entry on a shared worksheet in excel it can automatically date and time stamp their entry. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(By Target As Range) On Error GoTo ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = False If Not Intersect(Target, Me.Range("A1:H10")) Is Nothing Then With Target .Offset(0, 1).Value = Format(Now, "dd mmm yyy hh:mm") End With End If ws_exit: Application.EnableEvents = True End Sub 'This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be 'placed in the appropriate ...

How can I access a file in Outlook Public Folder by VBscript
It does not have to be VBscript.. I need sync the file with my local harddrive... Thanks. Nix wrote: > It does not have to be VBscript.. > I need sync the file with my local harddrive... > > Thanks. Why does it need to be a script at all? You can add your public folder to your PF\Favorites (drag it there) and include it in your send/receive settings for offline use with your OST file. ...

Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)
Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior available. OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook. I noticed that when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay, there are 2 conversations in the folder. Is there a way to only have 1 conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo starts at 215-225. now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as we...

How to configure replies when using multiple email addresses?
Good morning, Here is my problem. There are several people in our organization that receive email from two different email domains, for the sake of argument, lets call them user1@abc.com and user1@xyz.com. Email from both email domains are routed through our Exchange server and then the clients receive their email through their Outlook clients, (Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2002). Abc.com is the primary email domain, and we have setup a partnership with another company, hence the arrival of the xyz.com domain. When they reply to an email, regardless if it arrives to their abc.com or xyz....

Toolbar button error?
In Excel 2003 I put a button on a custom toolbar - the button is the 'double bottom border' and is from the Customise-Format selection of buttons. However this button just gives me a single bottom border. I can get double borders in other ways, e.g. from the drop-down borders box, where the identical-looking button does give me a double bottom border. Is this an error, or am I missing something? Thanks, David Wheeler d.r.wheeler@btinternet.com Hi David does the same for me too ... so i think it's broken :( and while this is no help at all to you i'll say it anyway ...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

How can you enable a combobox to be "tabbed" or entered out of?
I am trying to allow users to tab in to a combobox and then tab/enter out after a selection is made. Right now you have to use the mouse to enter the combobox (tabbing goes to the cell underneath it) and after you make a selection, its like you're stuck in the box - you can only get out by using the mouse or pressing escape (which then brings you to the last cell you were in). Is there a way to fix this? ...

Does anyone use "location" field in Outlook?
After all these years, I just noticed when I go to make an appointment in Outlook (2003version, with BCM), that there's a second field after "subject" which would seem to be the one everbody mostly uses. The appointment fields are: 1. SUBJECT: (example: "Conference call with Joe and Mary) 2. LOCATION: (does anyone use this?) Is the idea to put something like "Annapolis, MD" meaning maybe a meeting there or something? I know it's a hokey question, but wondered about some examples of how other people are using it. Thanks, G Standard following us...

Can I use Rule to move digitally signed messages to separate folder?
Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed messages? Thanks in advance. deko <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to move digitally signed messages to a separate folder > using a Rule? Other options for segregating digitally signed > messages? I don't see that as a selection criterion in the Rules wizard. -- Brian Tillman ...

How can I customize the right-click context menu in Word 2007
I use cut & paste of imported text a lot in both Word 2007 and Excel 2007. In Excel the right-click context menu includes Paste Special; in Word it does not. How can I add Paste Special to the Word context menu? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Steve Samson" <SteveSamson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A20FD91E-CFE2-402A-8A54-9F58880A3126@micros...

I can't see the image picture from the manager program
Using the Manager - Item Properties - Special Tab You can select the picture files that reside in the associated folder that is set by the Adminastrator - paths - pictures - folder location. The files sit on the backoffice PC and I can see the selected picture in the little window, via the Manager program no problem. At the Inventory PC, I set the Admin program to look at the server and file paths are set. I can see the picture files and select them but no image shows up in the little window. Anybody got any ideas what is causing this? Moe Register is looking local for photos, needs to ...

Can't Install Office 2008 for Mac at all
Hi there everyone, I pray someone can help me before I throw my mac through the window. This is the second time I am having this problem. My office just stopped working and no matter what I did I could not open any of the programs, so I uninstalled everything, Microsoft and the preferences. I have now tried to re-install office off disk and I can't even get it to launch I keep getting an error message saying installer created an error and please report which I have done a thousand times. I have restarted the mac and emtied the Trash so there is nothing relating to office...

Can Not Reply To Emails

How can I get data from an entity via java script
How can I get data from an entity via java The problem: I have a new entity with alle zipcodes and cities/countries. I want it to be so that if a person enters data in the zip code on account or contact that city and state automatically is filled with corresponding data from the new zip code entity. How can I do this, java script ?` Any ideas appriciated ! Jack -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Jeg beskyttes af den gratis SPAMfighter til privatbrugere. Den har indtil videre sparet mig for at f� 13991 spam-mails Betalende brugere f�r ikke de...