is there a template for system requirements tracking

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"RequirementsRob" <RequirementsRob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote <nothing
except the subject>

Rob, you can feel free to use the big white space underneath the Subject
line to ask an intelligible question. One thing that is certainly germane,
when you are asking about templates, is what version of Access you are
using.

It would also be just peachy-keen if you would describe what functionality
you desire in "system requirements tracking" -- you can be assured that
three-word phrase does not mean the same to everyone who reads it.

I've seen some "activity tracking" and "defect tracking" examples that might
be adapted... older templates (some of which are not exactly "sterling
examples of best practices") can generally be used with versions of Access
released after that template.  There were/are significant changes in the
area of templates in Access 2007, and there are more templates, and even
more expected.

The real problem with "templates" is that there's no workable business model
that makes it worthwhile for users and independent developers to create
them -- they are beneficial only to Microsoft in promoting use of the
product.  Most independents who create something for public consumption
create sample databases, not templates -- it's easier, and to customize the
applications generated from templates, you'll have to get into the design
and code, in any case.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Access MVP

0
Larry

DST and Message Tracking Logs
I applied patches to OS, Exchange and the Exchange tool and thought we were in good shape... until I used message tracking this morning. Message tracking log times are 1 hour ahead! Anybody else run into this? Does it represent bigger problems? I only patached the OS on our exchange servers so far. This week I will be doing exchange 2k3 ent sp1 DST patch. One of my admins told me that the message tracking times were 1 hr ahead. I confirmed what my admin saw, so it's happening to us too. Must have something to do with the DST patch and like I said so far I have only patched DST at t...

Case ID v/s Email tracking token
CRMers, When you create a case for a support email, by default the generated case id is of the form CAS-number-suffix. When a support person replies to the email, the CRM system automatically adds an email tracking token to the subject line. This email tracking token is not the same as the case id. Questions: 1. Why can't the email tracking token be the same as the case id? Won't it make sense to use case id to track emails for a given support case? 2. Even if they are different, how can I disable automatic placement of tracking token on the subject line? We do not wish to confuse th...

Move built-in system required fields from tab to tab
How can I move a built-in, system required field like Owner on a form from a tab to another tab? Thx. Go to customizataion, open the main form of the entity, select the field and click properties in the menu on the right. There you can chose the location of the field. Best regards, Stefan Sachs "phw" wrote: > How can I move a built-in, system required field like Owner on a form from a > tab to another tab? Thx. ...

Recipent Policy not purging System Cleanup folder
The Recipient Policy on my Exchange 2003 server is set to purge Deleted Items after 3 days and the System Cleanup folder daily, but the policy isn't having any effect on the System Cleanup folder and messages have been accumulating there for 6 months and still aren't being purged. This worked perfectly when we were using Exchange 2000, but since moving to Exchange 2003 (6 months ago) it has never worked. Is there a bug in Exchange 2003 that's causing this behavior or am I missing something? Exchange 2003 is patched with SP2. ...

Template keeps requiring resizing/fitting after data imported
I have a template to re-import text files and the column headings and column sizes keeps adjusting for some of the columns. Is there any way to keep the settings from the template the same once the data is imported ? Any ideas or suggestions ? I'm using Excel 2003 TIA George Your might record your headings and column sizes in a macro. Either create a macro button and call the result from there or call it from worksheet change. The latter requires no effort to update. Depending how your worksheet is used it may give an unacceptable performance hit. -- Steve "George Lewyck...

cannot change format of out of office template
When i try to make a new out of office template i cannot change the message format. When I click on tools - out of office assistent -add rule - reply with template. The message is in plain text format. when we try to change it to rich text or html, it doesnt give an error message but the format still stays in plain text. We have this issue on multiple pc's but not all. I tried to change the default message format and turned using word as editor off/on but i have still the same problem Can somebody help me to solve this issue as i cannot find anything similar on the internet Regards, Wim...

template for avery 5371 in publisher?
i've created a business card in publisher and the only template i can find in their is one that has four cards down the middle of the page. Is there a template that works with the avery5371 business card and how do I get the card I created to transfer to the template In the page setup dialogue, click "change copies per sheet", input .75 side, .5 top, zero gaps. This will give you 10 cards which is the standard for Avery cards. If you have an earlier version of Publisher these options are available when you are ready to print. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microso...

Source Excel Template Pops Up when using a custom toolbar
-I opened a new spreadsheet -I created two macros and set them to all workbooks ---Sub ConvertToUpperCase() Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng In Selection.Cells If Rng.HasFormula = False Then Rng.Value = UCase(Rng.Value) End If Next Rng End Sub Sub ConvertToLowerCase() Dim Rng As Range For Each Rng In Selection.Cells If Rng.HasFormula = False Then Rng.Value = LCase(Rng.Value) End If Next Rng End Sub -I created a custom Toolbar and added two custom buttons, one for the uppercase, one for the lowercase macro -I attached the toolbar to the workbook using Tools/Custom...

Outllook 2002 freezes system
When I go to download email outlook 2002 freeezes my computer up after saying it is downloading 3 or 846 messages. (This started mid june about Ive been busy). I have win xp, 512 meg ram 120 g hd space (40 and 80). I deleted old messages (I had 10s of thousands). Still no good. Help please! Try disabling your anti-virus or updating your anti-virus. This is simply your antivirus protecting you from a harmful attachment. >-----Original Message----- > When I go to download email outlook 2002 freeezes my computer up after >saying it is downloading 3 or 846 messages. (This s...

Barcode printing and tracking
Greetings: I am looking for advice regarding bar code label printing with Access. My non-profit organization receives donated items that are sold in our store. I want to track this inventory by attaching a bar code label to the merchandise when it is received so the donor will receive proper credit when the item is sold. Ideally, the barcode will contain the donor's information as it is entered into the database. Then, it would be nice if scanning the barcode on the item would bring up the donor's record from the database (sort of a two-way operation). Can anyone give me a few tip...

Message Notification Icon on the system tray
The registry setting for this with Outlook XP is: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\10.0\Outlook\Preferences\ShowEnvelope Of course with 2000 the location might be: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\9.0\Outlook\Preferences\ShowEnvelope Changing the value of ShowEnvelope to 0 will turn off, 1 to turn on.(Double-Click on the Key and make the Value a 1) Do not know it this will work with 2000, but it's worth a try. Of course if you have Outlook open you'll have to restart it. ...

Exit mfc app error when declaring global standard template library
When i add "list<int> int_list;" globaly to a .cpp file in a mfc application i get a general protection fault when i exit the program in release mode but not debug. I'm not sure what to do to diagnose what the problem is but it seems obvious to me that adding a global standard template library variable to my application should be safe and therefore something else maybe I've misallocated is causing this problem. Could you offer any pointers to how to diagnose this problem? Could this be a real bug in Microsoft code or is it more likely I've already corrupted ...

System.Array to XML #2
Hi.. Is there a way to convert a System.Array to XML... If you know thanks very much... if you don't... Please do not respond stupid things like " Yes -- many ways." I suspect that you have got many stupid responses like that in the past, perhaps that is because it is not a great question. Your intentions are not clear. To take your question literally, the simple answer is no. The is no TypeConverter or built in cast for converting from System.Array to XML. So now that we have established that your question is stupid, lets get on with solving your problem. The following inf...

catching system errors / exceptions (and knowing what)
I know this will probably get to nowhere, but is there a way to do this ? I mean, with C++ catch-throw, not with Win32 SEH. The reason I don't want to use it is that I rely heavily on STL objects, which throw standard C++ exceptions, and I hear it's not a good idea to mix this with SEH. They can of course be caught with catch (...) but is there a way of knowing inside it that the exception was raised by a system problem (such as null-pointer access, divide by 0 etc.) and which one it was ? If not, maybe they throw some specific exception type ? I tried to catch a DWORD but it didn'...

How to convert random values in a receipting system in words
I want to be able to give the expression of receipting random amounts paid by customers into words. My problem is that if I have to declare a variable to each numerical value it looks cumbersome. Is there an object or some other means of achieving my goal? "How to convert random values into words" <How to convert random values into words@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1D907400-CB14-4793-8BF6-EBA4BACDD12F@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to give the expression of receipting random amounts paid >by > customers into words. My proble...

SBS 08 Premium
I've got a backup exec server, and apparently to be able to restore deleted/archived emails I need to be able to load the Exchange Management tools onto the BE server. I cannot find a way to load JUST the 64 bit Exchange Management Tools for 2007. There is a 32bit download available, but the 64 bit version says you need to install it from your Exchange 2007 media. Anyone have an idea how to get that out of the SBS 08 install disc? Hi Ryan, You should be able to download Exchange 2007 SP1 (64-bit) or Exchange 2007 SP2 (64-bit) and select just the Management Tools at the se...

Rules and Alerts gives me Out of memory or system resources error
Outlook 2003 Every time I go to "Tools" / "Rules and Alerts" I get the following error: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. Everything else is working perfectly fine, it's just this one function. thanks I am getting the same error from any PC that has Outlook 2003 installed! This is really annoying. Anyone with similar problem? gougler wrote: > Outlook 2003 > Every time I go to "Tools" / "Rules and Alerts" I get the following > error: > > Microsoft Office Out...

How to Clear History of ' Reciently Used Templates' ? #2
Can anyone tell me: How to Clear History of ' Reciently Used Templates' ? Thank you The Task Pane only shows two templates, so if you open two different templates they'll replace the current items. Or, you can edit the Registry (make a backup of the registry first!): (instructions for Excel 2002) 1. From the Start button, choose Run 2. Type regedit then click OK 3. Click the + sign to the left of HKEY_CURRENT_USER 4. Open Software, Microsoft, Office, 10.0, Excel\Recent Templates 5. Double-click on Template1 or Template2 6. Delete the file name and path in the Value Data box 7...

Exchange Message Tracking Center Error
When I attempt to track a message using Exchange Tools Message Tracking Center. I recieve the following error message: The Message Tracking Center was unable to search a message tracking log file: File:\\Server1\Tracking.log\20040412.log Error: The network path was not found. I have checked the settings on the general tab of the server and find that message tracking is enabled, and all Exchange services including Exchange System attendant are Started. I have re-started all services and continue to recieve the error. Any Ideas... Check to make sure that the Message Tracking directory is s...

Is VB.Net the best option for a web front end port of an existing MS Access 2003 system?
Hi All I have developed a MS Access 2003 application for a client. It is spilt into two with a data back end and a forms/query/modules front end. The majority of the "value add" of the system is in the VB logic in the front end that guides and validates the users actions as they use the forms to update and search the back end. The system has proved successful in prototype and now the client wants to roll it out to his users - this is where we hit a problem. His IT department do not support MS Access! While he could get MS Access installed on his PC he cannot get it ins...

Disable tracking token
Hello. I want to disable the Tracking Token ID. If i choose "no" for the Track e-mail option (under Settings > Organization Settings > System Settings, tab E-mail tracking) i schould be able to disable the ID, but the option has no effect. The tracking token is stille there. If i go to the settings once again, the option is still at "yes". Anyone an idea?? Thanks Martin ...

Tracking history of Office files chronologically
Years back I used to track all my Office files in a chronological order by date by month, allowing me to more easily establish what I had worked on and for what duration. I am unable to find where I can switch on this featture in Office 2003. Can anyone advise? do you mean sth. like: Go->Diary in Outlook 2003? On 17 Lis, 09:08, VinceY <Vin...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Years back I used to track all my Office files in a chronological order by > date by month, allowing me to more easily establish what I had worked on and > for what duration. I am un...

Exchange 2003 Require a /3GB Switch with More Than 1 Gig RAM
Does Exchange 2003 require the /3GB Switch if you are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition. I know for Exchange 2000 they said you needed the switch if you are running Advanced or Datacenter but not Server. Just wondering what they recommend for 2003. 291988 A Description of the 4 GB RAM Tuning Feature and the Physical Address http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291988 Thanks, Fitz Crittle This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup "Kevin&quo...

free excel templates
I need a free template for a multiple worksheet 2009 calendar to use in excel 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "sweettea" <sweettea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB497DA4-13EB-4925-82D1-43403B2571E1@microsoft.com... >I need a free template for a multiple worksheet 2009 calendar to use in >excel > 2003 ...

Attendee shows up as Required and Optional in Outlook 2007
I have a user that is not part of our domain. His outside email address needs to be added to an internal distribution list, so I created a contact in AD for him using his outside email address. I am able to send emails to him and also if I send an email to the distribution list he is part of he gets the email. If I set up a meeting in my calendar and invite him, he gets the invite, but if I make a change to that calendar invite I notice that his name shows up as a required and optional attendee. What is weird is that only his name shows up in the Required field and in the Optiona...