INTERNET 03-27-07

When trying to access internet I received a message stating cannot access whilst offline.  This message locks the window so I have to use control alt and delete to clear.   How can I stop this happening?
0
David
3/27/2007 7:17:22 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi, David.> When trying to access internet I received a message stating cannot access > whilst offline.  This message locks the window so I have to use control > alt and delete to clear.   How can I stop this happening?Select the File -> Work Offline menu to uncheck it.  If this doesn't help, consider that you posted your question in the Microsoft Access database newsgroup, didn't take the time to explain which Web browser you're using, which version it is, which Internet Security software application is installed, which version it is, which operating system is installed, which version it is, whether or not you're behind a separate firewall or proxy server, and whether or not you have Internet access.  In other words, we can only guess what the problem is, and our guesses might not be from the experience of an expert of your particular Web browser.However, if you have a question about your Microsoft Access database and you provide the pertinent details, then we can probably help you without guessing.HTH.GunnySee http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.comhttp://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact info."David Reynolds" <dandsreynolds@tiscali.co.uk> wrote in message news:eRBgNSKcHHA.4488@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...> When trying to access internet I received a message stating cannot access > whilst offline.  This message locks the window so I have to use control > alt and delete to clear.   How can I stop this happening?

Locking Tables
I am using MS Office '07. Looking to create a DB in Access. It would have multi tables. I would like to have ONE table only that is password protected. Is this possible? The table that would like locked would include Emp Names & Salaries. Yes its possible. Create a separate Database with your Employee data table in it and password protect it. Then in your main App link to the protected table. You need to manage user access to only allow authorised viewing! "JWhitehead" wrote: > I am using MS Office '07. Looking to create a DB in Access. It would ha...

MDE file 08-22-07
I am unable to create an MDE file. This happened after my PC was replaced by one with more memory and windows upgrade from 2000 Prof. to XP Prof. The BE resides on network server. The FE was copied over to my C drive in the same location. All my MS Office programs were updated with latest download updates. Still I cannot create an MDE file. What could be the cause. I've already tried a few things such as Compile database. But no luck. -- FL Have you tried converting your database? "Tools">"Database Utilities">"Convert Database"... &qu...

CRM Integration 03-07-06
Does anybody knows or has integration CRM with Small Business Financial? I know that CRM integrates with GP. What about SBF? Thank, Vital Although the table structure is the same as GP, you would need to use Scribe to integrate to CRM, at a cost many times greater than SBF. Of course, unless you are going to be content with only the fields in the included integration to GP, you need Scribe anyway. Of course that all depends on how you define integration. Lee Adler As far as I unerstand you are talking about www.scribesoft.com? In GP 9.0 there is announcment that it is now integrat...

Trouble getting Yahoo to download to Outlook 03
Paid for the subscription, followed the set up guide, used the Pop3/SMTP info provided, however the email going into the Yahoo account is not downloading to Outlook. I have Yahoo as the default address. I also have a cox.net email going into this account (only some emails not all) I can't figure this out, Please help - thanks! -- Cathie Cathie <Cathie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Paid for the subscription, followed the set up guide, used the > Pop3/SMTP info provided, however the email going into the Yahoo > account is not downloading to Outlook. I have Yahoo...

Access and outlook 11-24-07
when I link my outlook adress book to my access data base and try to enter a new contact information it dose not show up like it should in outlook. It dose not show the name of the contact and it shows a email icon instead of a contact icon. I hope this explains my problem. Can anyone help me please. On Fri, 23 Nov 2007 16:39:00 -0800, summernight <summernight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I link my outlook adress book to my access data base and try to enter a >new contact information it dose not show up like it should in outlook. It >dose not show the name of t...

Access '07
Is upgrading to Access '07 from '03 worth it? What are the benefits? Thanks, Microsoft's Access web site will give you a better picture of what is new and wonderful about '07. You'll need to decide for yourself if it is worth it. I happen to like some of the new features very much. I also dislike some of the new features very much. You might say that I am conflicted. On balance, I would say the pluses outweigh the minuses and there is great hope for the next release. This release of Access and Office presents a brand new way of interacting with the desktop ap...

Excel 07 won't open workbooks with double-click
I can open any .xlsx by opening Excel 07 first, then navigating to the workbook I want to open. However, if from Exporer, I double-click on the file, Excel opens but the workbook does not open. If I click on the Office button, the workbook opens. ???? I have validated that Excel Options -> Advanced -> General -> Ignore other applications... is unchecked. Also HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/Excel.Sheet.12/shell/Open/command is "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"/e You are suffering from a common problem in xl2007 that lots of people have compla...

Saving Password in Outlook 03
Where in Outlook 2003 can I type in my password so I won't be prompted for it everytime I log onto our exchange server? We have it setup to read our email from the exchange server in our sister office in GA. Thanks (running XP Pro) Hi, - go under Tools -> E-mail Accounts... - select "View or change existing e-mail accounts" and click next - select your exchange server account and click Change - click "more settings" - click the security tab - uncheck "Always Prompt for user name and password" - ok, next, finish Hope that helps Steve It's a...

Internet Explorer not responding
HELP < This message is driving me nuts can someone please explain why this message occurs How does Publisher figure into this? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "karen101964" <karen101964@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AF4E809-BD64-42EA-866D-B69859DD9556@microsoft.com... > HELP < This message is driving me nuts can someone please explain why this > message occurs I've never seen an Error msg that says; HELP "JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@h...

Outlook 03 Format Problems
Got a new computer and made the move to Outlook 2003 (have always used Outlook Express). Can not fiqure out what is going on....when I compose an e- mail (other than plain text) and send it two things happen.... Links in stories appear as the actual website and If I send myself a copy it always arrrives in plain text, no formating and pictures show up as attachements. I am sure it is just a setting but I can not find it..HELP! ...

access 03 converted file size
I am migrating from Access 97 to Access 2003. I converted an access 97 file to Access 03 db. the size of the Access 97 file was 7,778KB where as the converted access 03 file size was 2,736KB. When I compared with a db comparision tool for the differences b/n the two db's, it showed a difference in table structure of memo field and unicode compression. My question is: Is the reduced size in the Access 03 file due to unicode compression or due to some other reason. Please some one clarify. What is the reason for the difference in the size of the converted db's. How do I make su...

Windows Live Messenger 04-07-10
I have just reinstalled Windows XP on my laptop computer, Windows Messenger has appeared but I want Windows Live Messenger, I have Windows Live Mail on this computer (Desktop) but prefer not to install on laptop so can I just install windows live messenger?. thank you, Joanie. "Joanie" <joni@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message news:uEHR9jf1KHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have Windows Live Mail on this computer (Desktop) but prefer not to > install on laptop so can I just install windows live messenger? Why do you think you have to? And why...

Blocking addresses from the internet
How can I block certain sites and banners from showing up on my Outlook Express? Thanks in advance Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "steve" <anonymous@...

Can Send through Internet E-mail account ?? Urgent..
Hello All: I have win2k and Ex2k configured. On client machine, i have two accounts one is of exchange server and other one is Internet e-Mail account. When ever i send e mail at foreign account it always goes through exchange server. My question is can i send foreign mail by using Internet e-mail account so that in internet every one should get mails through internet e-mail id. Do i have to make changes in Delivery tab or there is any other option . Thanks in advance Sudhir ...

Crystal Error 12-18-03
In my never-ending search for the correct configuration to get Crystal reports to run - I am getting the following error: Error encountered by Crystal PageServer The error message returned is: File frs://Input/a_170/000/000/170/f7c3308562ba64.rpt not found on File Repository Server. [On Cache/Page Server: SERVER1.pageserver] Any ideas? Ed If I do a search for one of the Crystal reports found on the CD (ie, User List By Team.rpt), I cannot find it on my hard drive - is there a step that I am missing in the install process? >-----Original Message----- >In my never-ending sear...

RE: Check out that correction package for Microsoft Internet Explorer
--bsxrbcepoghmnwaf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pudhfnaxfofwyt"; type="multipart/alternative" --pudhfnaxfofwyt Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="abbiyeobe" --abbiyeobe Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help prot...

Internet Page Viewer In Access 2000 Form (I Think)
Good afternoon, I am somewhat rusty in access but in short, I have been tasked with creating a database to store details of possible acquisitions. In essense, its probably just a simple form displaying basic information, company name number of employees etc. but something I would like to do is have a mini snapshot or live view of the companie's current web-page. I know I could have a text box which hyper links to the compaies page and perhaps have a picture of the site or link to the picture but I wanted sto do something a bit more fancy. Is there a way of having a mini internet ...

Save The Internet: USA bill; weds Apr 26th, 2006
http://www.savetheinternet.com There is more info and A PETITION at moveon... Easy to sign and give your two cents (and to your own reps in the process). http://civic.moveon.org/alerts/savetheinternet.html There's a nice quick video of what this bill means to you... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9jHOn0EW8U&feature=Views&page=1&t=t&f=b Didn't think it was real? We've witnessed the deregulation of mainstream media behemoths from 1996 to the present. They can own your town if they like; in TV and in print. The internet is next. Spread the word if you are so in...

Bullet won't move using tab (Word 07 on XP)
I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a sub-bullet. However, only the text is affected by the tab. The bullet doesn't move or change. She can use her outline toolbar, but would like to use the tab key. Any thoughts? Thanks, Lisa This was answered in the past. Sorry. I searched for it and it never came up. Since I wrote it, I know the title, so I'm confused by that. Anyway, problem solved. "LisaK" wrote: > I have a user who turns on bullets, types, enters, and hits tab to get a > sub-bullet. However, only t...

Need to change from exchange to internet mail
Outlook 2002 was setup on my computer to connect to an exchange server. I need to change outlook so that I can use it for internet mail. When I try to launch outlook it gives me a windows NT login dialog box asking for user name, domain and password. Since I don't have this information, outlook will not launch so that I can change the mail settings. Is there something in the registry or some file that I can delete that will reset outlook to first run status so that I can launch it and change the mail settings? ...

Putting internet link in Excel
I can copy/paste a link from IE6 into Excel, it turns blue and sure looks like a link, but I don't get the little hand when I run the cursor over it, and nothing happens when I double-click. When I click on Insert Hyperlink, I get a box that won't let me paste the link, it will only let me type it in. I hate typing long links. Is there a better way of putting a link in an Excel file? Ken Use a helper cell and enter.... =HYPERLINK(cellref) where cellref is the cell with the pasted link. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 18:01:00 -0600, "Ken_B" <ken5229"...

hyperlink 03-15-07
Hi all,In the click event of a button,i have input the following code:If [Language] = "Greek" Then Command48.HyperlinkAddress = "\\10.43.0.132\Company\MSKB\Auto Reply\Greek.doc"If [Language] = "Hebrew" Then Command48.HyperlinkAddress = "\\10.43.0.132\Company\MSKB\Auto Reply\Hebrew.doc"Now i need urgently that if [language] is something else other than "greek" or "hebrew" the hyperlink is deleted.. On Mar 15, 4:18 pm, Pietro <Pie...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:> Hi all,> In the click event of a button,i have input the ...

access 09-22-03
I am unable to access sites that the secure warning comes up for i.e. my hotmail account how can I fix this ...

Sales For Outlook installation 03-23-05
Hi everyone, I installed Sales For Outlook on my computer using a domain user(which is a CRM user), everything was ok. I want to know if I can install outlook using a local user. If the local user has admin privileges then yes you can and should install it using the local user. Just remember who ever you install the outlook client as is who's profile will see it. In other words if you have a local user profile and install the outlook client as administrator, the outlook client will be installed for the administrator not the local user. Brett "Goodway" wrote: > Hi eve...

Advanced Find and reports 02-27-06
I have a requirement to create a report (via Advanced Find) that includes the Resolution information. I have looked under Edir/Add Columns, but it is not listed. Any ideas? When you are in your advanced find, are you using Contacts in the "Look For" to start your search? Chris "AndyH" <AndyH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE45046C-0695-4872-92A2-536EC1D1162D@microsoft.com... > > I have a requirement to create a report (via Advanced Find) that includes > the Resolution information. I have looked under Edir/Add Columns, but it > i...