Installing Access 2010 in x64 OS

I want to install Microsoft office professional 2010 beta version in
x64 XP professional OS.
The OS has currently Service pack 2 being installed. I tried to install
service pack 3 also, but it was not installed and later found on some site
that there is no service pack 3 for 64 bit OS.
Does this mean that 64 bit version of microsoft office is not supported or
could not be installed in 64 bit OS ?

Thanks...
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The 64-bit Office can only be installed on a 64-bit OS. I don't know, but I
would guess that Win XP x64 is not supported and you need either Vista or
Win7 x64. XP's 64-bit version was based on Server 2003 code, and was not in
the same code line as the later x64 client OS's.

"Anur Shrestha" <helioscope@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I want to install Microsoft office professional 2010 beta version in
> x64 XP professional OS.
> The OS has currently Service pack 2 being installed. I tried to install
> service pack 3 also, but it was not installed and later found on some site
> that there is no service pack 3 for 64 bit OS.
> Does this mean that 64 bit version of microsoft office is not supported or
> could not be installed in 64 bit OS ?

0
Paul
1/6/2010 12:51:14 PM
Anur Shrestha wrote:
> I want to install Microsoft office professional 2010 beta version in
> x64 XP professional OS.
> The OS has currently Service pack 2 being installed. I tried to install
> service pack 3 also, but it was not installed and later found on some site
> that there is no service pack 3 for 64 bit OS.
> Does this mean that 64 bit version of microsoft office is not supported or
> could not be installed in 64 bit OS ?
>
> Thanks...

While I have not tried this on XP 64-bit, there is definitely a 64-bit
Office 2010 and it certainly can be installed on 64-bit OS (at least
that is true for the Windows Server 2008 the OS I use for my beta
testing in a virtual machine).

I see no reason why 64-bit 2010 can't be installed on XP 64-bit. For the
service pack, I would suppose that if the Windows Update said the
Windows XP is up to date then the service pack 3 may not exist/apply for
64-bit XP.

Or are you unable to install the Office 2010? If so, are you sure you
have the 64-bit edition, and what was the error you got?
0
Banana
1/6/2010 12:57:11 PM
"Banana" <Banana@Republic> wrote in message
> Anur Shrestha wrote:
>> I want to install Microsoft office professional 2010 beta version in x64
>> XP professional OS. The OS has currently Service pack 2 being installed.
>> I tried to install service pack 3 also, but it was not installed and
>> later found on some site that there is no service pack 3 for 64 bit OS.
>> Does this mean that 64 bit version of microsoft office is not supported
>> or could not be installed in 64 bit OS ?
>>
>> Thanks...
>
> While I have not tried this on XP 64-bit, there is definitely a 64-bit
> Office 2010 and it certainly can be installed on 64-bit OS (at least that
> is true for the Windows Server 2008 the OS I use for my beta testing in a
> virtual machine).
>
> I see no reason why 64-bit 2010 can't be installed on XP 64-bit. For the
> service pack, I would suppose that if the Windows Update said the Windows
> XP is up to date then the service pack 3 may not exist/apply for 64-bit
> XP.

Yup.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=600c2142-abc3-4fea-9271-0c326c45dc8f
says it should work on XP.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

0
Douglas

Repost: Access Denied
I posted this message last week and didn't get a reply for my last followup comment: I'm from the domain asila.org (mail.asila.org). When I try to send to a user at calarts.edu, I get the following error message: webmaster@calarts.edu on 5/11/2006 11:36 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.asila.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Access denied> My Reverse DNS is set up. I'm using Outlook 2003 to send the email through my Exchange 2003 server. I have certain internal ip add...

Data Access Page Show Multiple Records
Hi, I'm guessing this is going to be a pretty dumb question but I am trying to generate an Access Data Access Page. I am using the create wizard to create the page and I chose to have a field as a grouping level. What I am wanting to know is how I can have the page show multiple records of the grouping level instead of one at a time? I have thousands of records and one at a time is very time consuming. Thanks in Advance, Rob ...

Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 Standard and this is the message I get when I try to send emails now. It's only a new address but was working. This has only happened in the last couple of days. This is the message I get sent back to me from System Administrator: Undeliverable > Recipient address rejected: Relay access denied I've been into Tools > Email Accounts > View or change existing e-mail accounts and tested the account settings. All the tests completed with green ticks so does anyone know about this? Any help would be very much appreciated. Access denied for...

Body text missing when replying in Outlook Web Access
When a user replies to an email using OWA, the recipient receives the email, sees the reply message, but does not get the preceding text content of the original message. The same user can reply successfully when using Outlook 2000 on Exchange 2000 when in the office. Does anyone have a solution to this problem? Thanks, Lou. Are you using SSL? Does it still happen if SSL is disabled? Is Basic Authentication selected in IIS? Does it happen from other workstations/browsers? Lou Di Pietro wrote: > When a user replies to an email using OWA, the recipient receives the email, > sees ...

Field not showing in Access 2003
Hi - I have a sum in the page header of my report that is a total from a subreport (control source = =Reports!rptBOLHeader!rptBOLItems!ItemTotal) - it works fine in Access 2002 and shows nothing in A2003 - can someone help, please? ...

"Declare Function" in VBA code on Mac OS X
Has anyone been able to call an external function on Mac OS X from VBA code? I can do it just fine on Windows to either OS functions or my own code placed in a DLL. If I attempt this on a Mac, even with the example in the help file, it doesn't work. I usually complains that the file cannot be found. The example appears to be from OS 9 anyway. Does anyone have a concrete example, such as a function that returns its argument plus one, and code to back it up? Thanks. Answered elsewhere: please don't mullti-post On 1/12/06 3:03 AM, in article f40um2hjs3r5ickos1tprnj1l5g7b16ha7@4ax....

How to Keep Money 2006 Data when Install Money 2005
I have downloaded a trial version of Money 2006 from the internet. I am happy enough to buy a full version of Money - but the website says that the full version of the Money 2006 download is only available in the USA. In the UK I have to buy Money 2005. Can I load my Money 2006 data into Money 2005? Thanks in advance for any advice. Peter No. Money is not backwards compatible and moreover you cannot convert between regions. USA > UK will not work. Money is heavily regionalised to take account of fiscal regulations etc. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips &...

Accessing CRM Live Web Services
I found a nice article that shows how to access a CRM Live system http://blogs.msdn.com/crm/archive/2008/03/10/accessing-crm-live-web-services.aspx Code works well. I can query, add & change a handful of entities with no problem. If I run the code on my entire database, I receive a popup error message from Visual Studio after a couple hours of processing: Assertion Failed: The finalizer for the LogonManager instance should not be called directly, use a “using” statement instead. At LogonManager.Finalize() Here’s a screenshot http://www.beringer.net/images/LogonManagerError.gif The ...

Improvements to Outlook in Office 2010?
Are there any public sources of information about new or improved features in the 2010 release of Outlook / Office? I am especially interested in seeing in improvements in RULES handling. I would also like to see the ability to drag-and-drop a contact into the calendar, where the contact does not have an email address. Also the ability to put in a recurrence in a FLAG reminder. -AH "Andrew Hamilton" <Ahamilton90900@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:ragof5565i0a3fk6qmk5ohjke9o59oh3r5@4ax.com... > Are there any public sources of information about new or impro...

Access Records into Excel
Guys I wonder if any one can help me? When I export from Access to Excel I'm OK when I import into Excel I am not. Specifically; when I import (via external data) a table from Access the records are largely in the correct order but not completely so, occasional records or small groups of records are out of sync. If I open the data from Access (tools-microsoft office-analyse in excel) the records are displayed in sequence. I need to be able to refresh the excel file as records are added to access; so as far as I know importing into excel is the way to do it but I'm a bit stuck. T...

[Project Standard 2010] Display the WBS index beside names
Hello, In the 2010 Standard version, where/how can we display/remove the WBS index besides the tasks names? Thanks Do you mean Gantt Chart Tools > Format > Outline Number (in the top right of the ribbon)? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hello, > In the 2010 Standard version, where/how can we display/remove the WBS > index > besides the tasks names? > Thanks Robert -- From your question, I assume you are seeing the outline number, such as 1.2.3, to the left of each task name. Assuming this is the case, cl...

Grant User Access After Database Restore In Dynamics Ver. 9
Good day, I stumbled across a way to give access to all users back to their respective companies. I found this when I was implementing password complexity and I cannot for the life of me remember how I did it :( I was a tool that ran in GP 9, it ended up producing a report that showed all user account and an encrypted password to the right. It also granted access back to the users after a restore. Does anyone use this feature or know where it is. Thanks very much Does anyone use this feature or know where it is. Thanks very much ...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server #4
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

CRM 1.2 Accessing error
Hi, I am getting the next error when Im trying to get access to my MCRM 1.2 server: COMException (0x8000ffff): catastrophic Error ] Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizUserClass.WhoAmI() +0 Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Cache cache, String username) +227 Microsoft.Crm.Security.UserCache.GetCurrentUser(Page page) +72 Microsoft.Crm.Application.Controls.AppPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +104 System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +35 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain() +750 My enviroment is compose by 2 WIN2003 servers. 1. WIN 2003, 8GB RAM, 360 GB HD, SP1, S...

access 2007 / beforeUpdate in a form
Dear all, From access 2003 on-line doc abour the BeforeUpdate of a control in a form: "If the user enters a new value in the control, the OldValue property setting isn't changed until the data is saved (the record is updated). If you cancel an update, the value of the OldValue property replaces the existing value in the control." However, in access 2007, If I cancel an update, the value of the OldValue property doesn't replace the existing value in the control.=> Is it possible to get the same behaviour (re-changing the value triggers another beforeUpdate event)? Regard...

Cannot access read-only documents.
I have three of many excel spread sheet files that I use and update daily that I can no longer access. I tried to access these files and I get the following message: "Cannot access read only document "file-name"". I am on Excel 2000 and Windows Me. I have checked out the properties on all files. None of them have the "read only" box ticked and there is only the General Tab. Also, there is no longer an author for these three files. All the rest that can be accessed have an author, normal attribute, and have General, Custom, Summary tabs. I do not recall ...

Installation Documentation
I am looking for some documentation on installing the Outlook addin in a Citrix enviroment. I cannot find anything anywhere about this. -- Not valid with any other offer. ...

Access 2007
I have a database that I'd like to open directly into the Form View. What are the steps to accomplish that? Thanks (B^>)-]=[ Create a macro named 'Autoexec' and put 'OpenForm' as action with your form as the argument. It will run each time that Access database is opened unless the Space key is held down. -- Build a little, test a little. "WSR" wrote: > I have a database that I'd like to open directly into the Form View. > > What are the steps to accomplish that? > > Thanks > > (B^>)-]=[ ...

RTF in Access 2007 vs Leban's RTF 1.8
Hi, I have used Leban's RTF 1.8 with my Access 2003, it is very good. Now my organization would consider upgrading my Access 2003 to 2007. I found that the text control of Access 2007 that set to read Rich text cannot read RTF enter by using Leban's RTF (the control does show unreadable character). Is there a quick way to convert RTF between the two (Access 2007 and Leban's)? SF In reality, the A2007 Rich Text setting is HTML not RTF based. Therefore, you would need to convert your existing RTF data to HTML. There are many converters available to do this and I am curren...

GP 10 Client Installation
I am sure that I am making installation harder than necessary. My company has created an install document that loads every all purchased features such as Audit Trails, Collection Managment, Extender, Fixed Assets, Revenue Expense Deferals, Smartlilst Builder and especially Integration Manager. Most of these options are never used by general users. Especially Integration Manager. Is there a way to create a "lite" installation for a normal user. thank you in advance Adger, You can create a simple package for normal users, with the basic modules, just run the setup and cho...

Vlookup problem with Access Query import into Excel 2000
I have exported from an Order Entry program to comma delimited text file customer purchases. The file has more entries than Excel can handle on one worksheet. So, I imported the file data into Access (107,000+entries). I then used Excel's "Query Database" feature to import customer level purchases into 4 worksheets. The Order Entry program didn't export customer names, only customer numbers. So, I exported the customer info to another text file and imported it into the Excel Workbook, only 451 entries . The problem is when I did a vlookup function to retrieve the custo...

Upgrading to OS X Leopard
I am currently running Tiger, and have Office for Mac 2004 on my mac. I want to upgrade to leopard, and I wish to inquire if my doing a "Erase and Install" of OS X 10.5 Leopard will result in my losing of my Office for Mac from my hard disk. I wish to inquire if installing Office for Mac on the same Mac after the upgrade will use a new CD key, or if the previous CD key used on the Mac before upgrading OS X. I want to upgrade my computer quickly, and want to have this enquiry answered quickly, so I would appreciate a quick reply. Thanks. In article <1193916897.320392.92600@i13g2...

Access forms to Powerpoint
I have designed access forms to show my data (originally from an excel spreadsheet) in the look and feel that I want. I have two questoins: 1. Is there a way to get access to recognize line breaks? Right now, I just get squares showing up everytime it should be a line break 2. Is there a way to export the forms with data into powerpoint slides - so that each item/page (eg. row of data) is a different slide? This is my ultimate goal - to have fields auto-populate in the look and feel I want and then produce a presentation deck from it. 1. Access requires both a Carriage Return and a Li...

mail merge of 2 sided 4 up postcard using Access
I am trying to do a mail merge using an Access data base and I can only get one address block on each page instead of four. What am I doing wrong? Are you actually printing a test page or just looking at a Print Preview? If it's the latter, there is a known issue that you will only see one record when it actually prints all of the selected entries. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Barb" <Barb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ACEEA90-6203-44DE-9AA8-B3A38EC0F8F5@microsoft.com... >I am trying to do a mail merge using an Access data bas...

Access violation #3
Hi, I am using visual c++ 6.0. I have written a program using the mfc and it appears to work fine, doing its tasks without a problem. Then when I exit the program it pops up a window asking whether I want to debug or send info to microsoft. This is driving me to distraction! I have stepped through the exit code in debug mode ie ~MainWindow function. Each statement gets executed then I try to step out of the function and it gives me the error. How can I track this problem down? What has visual c++ got that will help me? All I get is a call stack that when I step through does not crash ...