in access databse the function date() returns #name

i have created an access data base at access 2003 profisonal and used the function date() it worked properly . but when i have coped my data base at another computer at the same office , the funtion retuned (name#)
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

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
0
punjab_tom

Mal-Function
We're using the Sum function and the correct formula appears in the cell, but not the number resulting from the formula. We can't figure out why. Bill could be the cell is formatted as text. If that's the case, change the cell format to General and edit the cell. Just press Enter to re-input your formula. Or you could have a space in front of the equals sign; just delete the space and press Enter. Regards Trevor "Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCF20522-A42E-4A6E-ADEA-59D880F74960@microsoft.com... > We're using the ...

Correct the function WEEKNUMBER
The function weeknumber does not work properly. When typing Jan 1 2005 it should display 53 and not 1, when i typ jan 3rd (in colum 1) and =weeknumber(a2) in collum b it should display 1 and not 2. because the weeks in 2004 is 53 and not 52, is this my mistake or is this with excel that only counts up to week 52. I hope you can change this. I think you should read Chip Pearson's notes on =weeknum() http://www.cpearson.com/excel/weeknum.htm As well as excel's help for the =weeknum() function. Eric Wessels wrote: > > The function weeknumber does not work properly. When t...

convert Date formate (windows default) to Arabic
Dear all, any one have an idea about how i can convert the Date from gorgian Date formate (windows default) to Arabic Um AL Qura format (Hijiri) ? -- MBS Developer Abdelrahman Nabil ...

lockup on returned email
does anyone have any information on Outlook locking up when getting returned email. It doesn't seem to be on all, but some. I can't find any consistancy on the returned mails, it seems to be random. Any help would be great. Thank You ...

Return on Investment from MS CRM
Stepping aside from the techie stuff for a moment - how many people would judge their CRM implementation a success and would say their organization are getting some ROI from it? We're still in the early-ish stages of implementation. A lot of what we had working on 1.2 (Integration stuff mainly) broke with version 3.0 and is being redeveloped. Would be interesting to know how other people are getting on. Prior to MSCRM we utilized Outlook (separate from everyone), Access, Act and other applications to maintain our "relationships" with clients. No one knew what the other was do...

Voided Transactions not returning inventory to stock
How can I make inventory return to 'on hand' when voiding posted invoices? How can I differentiate between documents that were voided after posting and those voided before posting? ...

[P2007]
Hi, I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD and after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied message will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is still getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional (with his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that he is unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before? Regards Godrid Godrid: Most likely his desktop is sending the incorrect credentials. Verify that the user didn't save the passw...

PDFs and Word Documents in Access Report
I'm trying to give the users an option to insert documents or PDFs into the report. I added an oleobject to the report. However, only page one will be displayed. Is there a way around this? I'd like to just store the filename in my table, then load the document into the OLE Object when the report is loaded. Thanks Vayse There is no method available to display more than the first page of the document. You simply cannot combine an Access report with an external document. The only workaround would be to programmatically: Print all/portion of the Access report Print the external...

Can't give access to new Test Company on GP10
I created an additional company on GP10 which I called TEST. Through SQL Server, I restored a backup file of our production database to test. Then I went into GP > User Access Setup, and tried to assign access to the TEST company to users, but it would not allow it. The message read, "The user could not be added to one or more databases." I created the new company as sa, and sa does have access to the TEST company. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks! Have you tried going into SQL server and removing all the permissions from the Test database before going into...

Dates in XIRR
I was just looking at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb224771.aspx, which states, in reference to the XIRR function: "Dates should be entered by using the DATE function, or as results of other formulas or functions. For example, use DATE(2008,5,23) for the 23rd day of May, 2008. Problems can occur if dates are entered as text." Is this something new in Excel 2007? I've never encountered such a problem with earlier versions of Excel On Apr 27, 3:07 pm, "Howard Kaikow" <kai...@standards.com> wrote: > Is this something new in Excel 2007? No. The H...

company name change
Hello Our company has recently changes names. We already have two email domains currently in use, one set as primary for everything and another which was used in the past. We have one defined SMTP address, which is primary for all users. We also have another which was used int he past, but is not listed as a SMTP address in EXCH system mgr, recipients policies. Of course, I have a new domain to add as our primary smtp address and will need to make the current smtp address secondary for users. In EXCH system mgr, I do see CCMAIL and MS properties which appear to be our old email domain...

Access database locked.
Hi, I am facing an issue with access database.I have a web page that creates reports by pulling data from aparticular access database. This web page fails to create complexreports that returns lots of data. Once such a report is run, the webpage keeps on processing but never gives any result. But after this,when I try to run simple reports on the page, it fails to connect tothe db. This does not give any error, but the web page keeps onprocessing but never stops and never gives any result.It seems that the access db gets locked, a ldb file is created at thelocation of the mdb file. When th...

Access 2000 to Access97
I am trying to convert a Access 2000 database into Access97. When I try this I receive a message saying 'The size of a field is too long'. Does anyone know how this database can be converted Thanks Paul ...

Access 2003
Hello, I have two different Access 2003 databases, one has a problem with showing options when the right mouse button is clicked on a table, query or anything, the other one does not. This started happening out of the blue ... I checked tools, options thinking I had inadvertly set some sort of option, but there is nothing that I can see that would affect the mouse in one data base and not the other .. very strange. It is the same on my computer at home and at the office ... Any help on this would be much appreciated. Abay Is there anything else running that could interfere? The ...

Diffrent cell on diffrent date?
I�m going to TRY and explain this the best I can. For work when we do our cash out at the end of the night we use a exce sheet. This sheet is to add up our change, checks, credit cards etc etc. etc. When we're done we print it out and than type the figure into another excel sheet. I pretty much know how to combine the sheets so instead of typing the numbers into SS1 and than entering i into SS2 I can have the numbers going from SS1 to SS2 automatically But my question is that how do I set it up so when I type the info i SS1 that it will go to in to SS2 but to have the cells change by dat...

Problems getting rid of "..Program is trying to access your e-mail addresses.."
I am trying to complete a migration to Exchange 2003 Outlook 2003 from an Exchange 5.5 Outlook 2003 environment. I have all of my clients configured so that the HKey_Local_Machine value of CheckAdminSettings is set to 1 or 2. I have identical security group documents in the Outlook 10 Security Settings and Outlook Security Settings folders. Unfortunately Some of my users are still seeing the Outllok security prompts. I have checked the permissions on the Security Settings folders and everything seems to be correct. What am I missing and why can't I make the prompts disappear. Everything...

HTML_Control Range name
I have a problem with one of my macros where I am copy an entire worksheet (not by range) to another workbook. However, every other worksheet it seems comes across with an message indicating that that range name HTML_Control already exists. I had run a piece of code in my worksheet to outline all range names and it appears to be some kind of range name....and to my surprise there are a whole bunch of other names as well. Can someone tell me if there is any specific purpose for it? Hi, Do you have controls on the worksheet? If so try renaimng them to something other than commandbutton1...

Access 97: InputBox to pass arguments for generating reports
I am a newbie when it comes to VBA and MS-Access. I have created areport for my database using the Report Wizard. Currently the reportprints all the contents in my database in columnar format. I wouldlike to pass some arguments (through an input box) that will allow meto print only selected rows from my database in the report. Forexample, my database has a date field and if I provide beginning andend dates in the InputBox, I would like only rows for which the datefield lies within the specified range to be printed. Can someone tellme how to go about it?BTW, Northwind Traders database, tha...

Word's return to previous edit function
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel The 'previous edit' function no longer works. If I'm in a large file, adding something in the middle of it, then save the file and return to it later, the 'go to your previous edit/cursor insertion point' function doesn't work. <br><br>Help!!! Nothing you can do about it: it's a bug introduced in Word 2008, and they're not going to fix it. When you save, Word cleans up the document, and in doing so, Word 2008 is too aggressive and deletes the bookmarks that "Pre...

Split combined date time data #2
From file dump have combined date time cells eg "14/04/03 14:20" (value 37725.59722). Want to perform time analysis so need to split to 2 separate cells; eg. "14/04/2003" (value 37725) & "14:20" (value 0.59722). Is there a fnc to do this? (Currently convert cell to value, then fncs trunc & cell less int(cell) then refmt to date dd/mm/yy & time hh:mm respectively) See one answer in reply to your slightly later post. In article <EDD7065A-E5AA-40AB-BF38-50707E04109B@microsoft.com>, "Mark Ada" <MarkAda@discussions.microsoft.co...

Report Name Customer
Hi We have created a custom report in Visual Studio which shows all the service activities per customer in CRM. I now would like to display the customer name which was used in the filter as the heading of the report. If no customer was selected the heading should be blank. Do I need to use CRM_FilterText to achieve this? I have attempted to insert a parameter without success. I would really appreciate some guidance in how to achieve this. Many Thanks Mark no you can easily achieve this with a table group heading "Mark Braithwaite" <MarkBraithwaite@discussions.microsoft....

Creat Project Web Access Site : new instance
Hi, Question of a beginner: Using ProjectServer 2007 + SP2 + Dec CU. I want to create a new instance of PWA in the SharedServices1. In the Create Project Web Access Site page, in the "SharePoint Web Application to host Project Web Access" drop down list, I don't have "Default Web Site" as usual. I only have the 2 options: "SharePoint - 22794" and "SharePoint - 80". What did I miss? What I have to do? Thanks for your help Robert: You didn't miss anything. No doubt the 22794 port is running your SharePoint Central admin an...

Cannot see fields in query design view on laptop; Access 2003
When in query design view on desktop (large screen), I can see the fields and criteria pane in the bottom half of the window, but when in query design view on laptop (small screen), I sometimes cannot see the fields and criteria pane no matter how far I scroll down. The only solution I have found so far is to move the fields and criteria pane to the top half of the window before closing the Access file on my desktop and before opening it on my laptop. Has anybody else run into this problem and found a way to view the fields and criteria pane if not immediately visible in the ...

template class operator friend functions
This is a MIME message --=_Turnpike_LdoN4xAq3LZ$MyPn= Content-Type: text/plain;charset=us-ascii;format=flowed Hello, I am still having problems with operator friend functions in class templates and I have created a small code fragment to demonstrate the problem. You can either just read it or better still add it to your existing MFC project and compile it and have a look at the errors for yourself. With the first template (which has only one 'class' parameter) there are no problems. But with the second template (which has an additional 'int' parameter) the code genera...

dates in queries
I am using access 2007 and am having trouble filtering dates in my queries. I have a qry with multiple date fields. However I am only narrowing the criteria in the [discharge date] field by using >= [discharge date]. When I enter 10/01/2007 I get 40 entries from september. What am I doing wrong? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200710/1 Does 10/01/2007 mean October 1, 2007 to you, or does it mean January 10, 2007? When you type 10/01/2007, Jet (ACCESS) thinks you mean October 1, 2007, because it's programmed...