Importing Excel file without server access

I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file
attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel
file.  My problem is that our company will not give this person access to our
server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our
drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is
nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that he'll
have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way,
through automation, that I can then import the file from the SIFT site and
update my Access table?

Thanks so much
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Normally, I use the transferspreadsheet method. Like this:
DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, , "0911 disbursement",
"P:\fileshare\milton copy 0911 disbursement", True
Give it the name of the spreadsheet, the location, and the true tells it the
first row is the headers. You could use a command button and put this in the
onclick event. Get that imported and then use an update query or append query
to update you table.
--
Milton Purdy
ACCESS

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file
> attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel
> file.  My problem is that our company will not give this person access to
> our
> server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our
> drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is
> nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that
> he'll
> have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way,
> through automation, that I can then import the file from the SIFT site and
> update my Access table?
>
> Thanks so much

0
De
3/13/2010 5:40:23 PM
tthhhhhhh

"Alex" <Alex@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : E192BD12-F04D-4B91-90B8-DAC539626E21@microsoft.com...
> I'm automating the process of emailing query results as an Excel file
> attachment to one recipeint. The recipient will complete data in the Excel
> file.  My problem is that our company will not give this person access to
> our
> server, therefore he cannot upload his updated Excel file to one of our
> drives where I can then access it, import and update my table. There is
> nobody that he can email the file to either. I believe, however, that
> he'll
> have access to unpload a file to our company's SIFT site. Is there a way,
> through automation, that I can then import the file from the SIFT site and
> update my Access table?
>
> Thanks so much

0
joelgeraldine

Word 2010 beta: Cannot save my Normal.dotm file
Using the Word 2010 beta on Win7. I cannot save my Normal.dotm file - at least not usefully. I can open the file, edit it, add macros to it, whatever, and it will save (in the folder directory, the .dotm file will show a change in file size). But when I close Word, or if I open a new document in Word, the Normal.dotm file is reset to the default, losing any changes I've made. I can save and use other .dotm templates; but not the default Normal.dotm template. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/office2010 -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup...

Excel 2007

Excel not Access

Auto-format in Microsoft Excel.

MS Money 95 data files

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

Opening Excel Workbooks

help with simple maths in excel

Where is the workspace file stored?

cant start outlook pst file to large

How to restore entire server?

Importing leads and workflow
We are just implementing CRM and have a couple of lead lists that we want to import (about 5000 records). The sales force would like calls automatically scheduled when the list is imported and would only like 50 calls scheduled per week. I know that I can assign leads based on various criteria to the correct salesperson. However, is there any way that I can create the phone activities and only limit to 50 per week? Does workflow look at the salesperson work schedule at all or will each sales person have 1000 phone calls scheduled for 3 days from when I import? There isn't anything in ...

How do I use traffic lights in excel

Trying to read XML file into dataset

HELP! remote data not accessible msg