Import Outlook Contacts into AC2003

I've created an application using AC2003 which was both fast and easy.  I
have a new requirement  to enhance the database to be able to import both
contacts and calendar appointments from Office 2003.

One thing that makes this somewhat complicated is that the client wants this
process to show both the contact from Outlook and the contact from the access
database side by side and selectively choose the pieces of info from the
Outlook contacts to be appended in the access database.  I know how to do
this but it will be a lot of work.

Can anyone point me to a tool, project or code that can get me going?  This
is a pretty specific request and I don't expect a complete solution, but any
headstart would be greatly appreciated. If you have a different approach, I
would love to hear it.

Thanks in advance for your help, as always!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

In the visual basic editor, click on Tools?References.  Scroll down and
check Microsoft Outlook Object Model.  This will allow you to control
Outlook from within your Access databse.

You can go to
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms268893(VS.80).aspx
or
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa221870(office.11).aspx
to learn about the Outlook Object Model.

"PeterM" <PeterM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've created an application using AC2003 which was both fast and easy.  I
> have a new requirement  to enhance the database to be able to import both
> contacts and calendar appointments from Office 2003.
>
> One thing that makes this somewhat complicated is that the client wants
> this
> process to show both the contact from Outlook and the contact from the
> access
> database side by side and selectively choose the pieces of info from the
> Outlook contacts to be appended in the access database.  I know how to do
> this but it will be a lot of work.
>
> Can anyone point me to a tool, project or code that can get me going?
> This
> is a pretty specific request and I don't expect a complete solution, but
> any
> headstart would be greatly appreciated. If you have a different approach,
> would love to hear it.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help, as always!

0
JohnR

AOL Outlook Setup
I am having trouble configuring outlook to send and receive at my clients office. I tried the same setup at my office and it worked fine. I get messages that headers are missing. Should I just re-install Outlook on my clients PC? Thanks, -- Dylan Yorke Here's configuration help from AOL: How do I use Microsoft Outlook 2000 to read and send AOL e-mail? http://help.channels.aol.com/article.adp?catId=1&sCId=416&sSCId=4093&articleId=217452 How do I use Microsoft Outlook 2002 and 2003 to read and send AOL e-mail? http://help.channels.aol.com/article.adp?catId=1&sCId=416&a...

send will not work in outlook
I just got a new computer with Office. I have transferred mail files from Outlook Express, and set the new connection right I think. But when I hit send/receive - it attempts to send, and on the bottom of the screen it shows briefly that it has, but it does not do so. Message still in out box. If I go to close, it reminds me that there are still items in the out box. Any suggestions? Thanks Have you checked your smtp settings? Any error there will stop you from being able to send "grace" <grace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3A9995A8-CBE6...

Outlook-2003-annoying message on opening Outlook!
On opening Outlook-2003. I get the follwoing message- "Path specified for file-C:\Practice\outlook2003\Practice.pst" is not valid. I have no such file. How do I get rid of this annoying message which keeps popping up frequently? Mel mdk <mdk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > On opening Outlook-2003. I get the follwoing message- > "Path specified for file-C:\Practice\outlook2003\Practice.pst" is not > valid. I have no such file. How do I get rid of this annoying message > which keeps popping up frequently? In Outlook click file>Data File Management...

Outlook 2003 and IMAP Accounts
Ok, here's something that has always confused/frustrated me: I've just set up Outlook 2003 on a new PC with my hosted Exchange account, then added in my four IMAP accounts. No other settings were changed, so everything is default. I've added each of the IMAP inboxes as "Favorite Folders". Here's the problem: it doesn't check for email until I click into the Inbox via the Favorites Folder. I get no bolded numbers showing me new email messages. Once I've clicked on each inbox once, it seems to show that inbox "live" for the rest of that Outlook ses...

Mass Removal of Outlook Categories
How do I: 1. remove all categories from a large group of items? Grouping by category and dragging them to Categories:None doesn't work... 2. change categories for a large group of items? Grouping by category and dragging them to another category ADDS the new category, instead of replacing the category. Probably makes sense in most instances, but not for my current issue. TIA In both cases, right-click the items, choose Categories, and clear or = select the check boxes for the appropriate categories.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 ...

Outlook.exe Error Message
I am receiving an error message when I start Microsoft Outlook 2000. "Outlook.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. Please restart the program. Any help would be great. I have tried to uninstall/reinstall the software but with no luck. ...

File locations in WORD affect Outlook
When I set the file locations under the options menu for WORD to something like d:\All Word Docs it works fine for word. However, if I open Outlook, start a new message, and click the insert file icon, it defaults to the d:\All Word Docs folder. Why is a setting I am making in WORD affecting the default open directory in Outlook? In article <f77801c3bddd$22cdf190$a601280a@phx.gbl>, pinpoint_technologies@msn.com says... |When I set the file locations under the options menu for |WORD to something like d:\All Word Docs it works fine for |word. However, if I open Outlook, start a ...

Outlook Can't Connect
Hello. My exchange server is giving me this error in the log files: "LDAP BIND was unsuccessful on the directory Tec-Exchang.sede.tecnicil.com for distinguished name". Tec-Exchng - is the name of the exchange server 2003 SMS Sede.tecnicil.com - is the domain name on another server called STECNICIL Everything else on the Exchange Server in services that are Automatic start up except "Computer Browser". When this was on the user could connect to the Exchange using Outlook 2003. Now they cannot. Is there a way you guys can help me fix this problem..? Thanks in advanced. A...

Multiple users in outlook #3
Hi I have been searching the discussion pages and I am just a bit confused. I need to set up one computer so that it has two or more users ID. members of staff plus a guest account. the members of staff will have access to the exchange server. I am looking for how to set this up. and I found the following: "Option1 Create new User Acoounts for each user and create passwords for them. When a particular user logs in, they will have their own Outlook data. " does this means I will go into control panel and set up the two users accounts? just want to be sure before I start working o...

There is a conflict with Business Contact Manager and Outlook Hotkey features
There is a conflict with Business Contact Manager and Outlook Hotkeys. When I have BCM installed, some hotkey features like ALT Key functions are not available any more. I think the BCM program must have some conflicts with the hotkey features in Outlook. Please check it and fix it. ...

Change Font in Outlook Today
Outlook 2002 SP-1 Any way to change the font and size of Outlook Today (they are kinda small)? It's not in the Customize Outlook Today. I managed to change the font/size of all other displays but not within Outlook Today. Thanks, Sean ...

Text Import Wizard Not Starting
Trying to open/convert a text file to Excel. Wizard is not launching, opens the row in 1 big column. Steve Does the file have a .txt extension? Andy. "SteveB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05bc01c3c3e9$ceb599b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to open/convert a text file to Excel. Wizard is > not launching, opens the row in 1 big column. Good question,is the PC plugged in :), on the original file it does, not certain if client manipulated when saving. I left a voicemail. >-----Original Message----- >Steve > >Does the fil...

Distribution List Outlook 2007
I want to know how many names are in each list without having to physically count them and how to delete just one name from a list without deleting the ENTIRE list. Thanks No such feature. If you're using DL's with more than a handful of recipients, you'll regret it. -- Russ Valentine "Damah_Jenn" <Damah_Jenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94885D59-7C9E-4495-8A15-F86734B992FB@microsoft.com... > I want to know how many names are in each list without having to > physically > count them and how to delete just one name fro...

Outlook using POP3 server to send email
I just recently re-formatted my hard drive, and installed Outlook 2003. When I send certain emails, they go through fine. But when I send others (it seems as those that I reply to or that I am forwarding), I get an error message: "Task 'incoming.verizon.net-Sending' reported error (0x800CCC78): 'Unable to send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 553 Authentication is required to send mail as <my email address>'. Also, when the send/receive progress box comes on, there are 4 lines: "incoming.v...

Choose receiver from ALL contacts
Hi there, Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6408) SP1 I have chosen Outlook to complete the Name/E Mail Address of the recipient while I'm typing it. BUT, this only works when I send to frequent recipients. How can I set Outlook to ALWAYS use my whole Contacts to choose from. I hope you understand what I am trying to say. Thanx so long. Regards, Deon H Deon H wrote: > Hi there, > > Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6408) SP1 > > I have chosen Outlook to complete the Name/E Mail Address of the > recipient while I'm typing it. BUT, this only works when I send to > frequent recipie...

Business Contact Manager #6
I was wondering if BCM uses the .pst to store its information. I was wondering this because I wanted to ensure that I backed up all my contact information. I currenlty backup my .pst now. If this is not the case, does someone know how to properly backup BCM? Thanks, Bob ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Just keeping this alive to find the answer. . ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View...

Tasks in Outlook 20003
When you use the migration wizard to move a user's mailbox does it move the tasks as well? I had to use this tool to move a user from one domain's exchange 2003 server to another domain's exchange 2003. if not can you export them? if yes how? Hi Eddie, The Migration Wizard does migrate the contents of the user's mailbox, including Tasks. Refer to the following article: 327928 A comparison of the migration methods for migrating from Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=327928 Please note, as indicated in the KB, that the Migration Wizard is intended to be ...

outlook automatically deleting emails
I have a user that outlook is deleting emails upon receiving them. He has no rules setup. Could his "Delivery" point have been changed to a pst somewhere? Maybe he has a "filter view" set? -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e1d101c43c43$d9e40010$a401280a@phx.gbl... I have a user that outlook is deleting emails upon receiving them. He has no rules setup. I am having the same problem if someone have a solution please email it to me. thank you. >-----Original Message----- >I ha...

Exhange Aliases / Local Usernames in Outlook 2003
I've got a client running SBS2k3 & Exchange. We've got local usernames (first initial, last name - juser), and then the email aliases (fname_lname@company.com). When addressing an email to another employee in Outlook 2k3, it offers two auto-fill addresses - one gets pulled from the local user's contacts (which appears as: 'John User - <john_user@company.com>' single quotes incl.), and one gets pulled from Exch, which appears as: John User <juser> w/out quotes. The CEO is concerned because people are starting to see the latter (juser) and assume that th...

checking e-mail remotely instead of just outlook
Hi, I need to check my e-mail remotely and as of now I can only check it through outlook. I have been told to forward/copy all mail to charter, but have no idea how to do that. Can someone help me, please. thank you > I need to check my e-mail remotely and as of now I can only check it > through outlook. I have been told to forward/copy all mail to > charter, but have no idea how to do that. Can someone help me, please. a) What version of Outlook? b) What type of mail server are you forwarding from? -- -f.h. The version...

Outlook 2003 & Windows 7
I have installed Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a system. In the Outlook I am unable to insert a different Signature File as I did when using XP. I use different signatures for different types of e-mail. With Windows 7 I must choose Outlook Options and when I choose Signature it wants me to create or edit a file. Where do I find the option to insert a different signature file? "cn" <cn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B91BBAE-CC0F-43D8-9709-D39D49C44755@microsoft.com... >I have installed Windows 7 and Outlook 2003 on a system. In the Ou...

CRM 4.0 for Outlook not loading
We are running CRM 4.0 with IFD (hosted locally) as an add-in to Outlook 2007. Our CRM for Outlook clients, both desktop (online only) and laptop (offline-enabled) work fine while connected to our domain. When we take a laptop off the domain, the CRM client fails on the first attempt to connect via a wireless network with the following error message: “An Error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality. Try restarting Microsoft Outlook. Contact your system administrator if errors persist.” If we close and restart Outlook, the CRM client will successfully connect most of the time. ...

Problem sending from Outlook 2003 through Exchange Server 2003
One of my email accounts goes through an email system which uses Exchange Server 2003. The problem exists when I send email to someone outside my company AND people inside my company - those inside the system get my email, but I get an immediate email back from System Administrator saying the message did not reach the recipient (in this case the party outside my company) with error code: "553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large". If, however, I send email to just one person outside the company and the email system my email goes through wi...

Outlook 2003 link problem
When I click on a link in my inbox, I receive the following error: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on the computer. Please contact your system administrator." I have checked my security settings in IE and locally, but cannot find anything that would restrict access. Also, I tried using the fix suggestions for this problem related to outlook 2002, KB article 310049. Any suggestions would be welcome. ...

Activesync and Outlook 2003
Outlook does not connect to my e-mail server when my pocket pc is in the crade an turned on. It also remains active as a process along with Word even after I have exited the program. Has anyone else seen this problem. You'll need to uncradle to release the outlook.exe process. In general cradling would be something you do after you start Outlook and uncradle it before exiting Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Dave" <dave...