IIF statement using 2 criteria

I have an attendance database in access 2007
I am assigning points based on absence
I have a field called classattending which returns a value of class 1, class
2, or class 3

the classes are of varying lengths so if a student is absent, they get
points based on the class they attend. For example, if you attend class1 and
are absent you get 3 points, if you attend class2 or class3 and you are
absent you get 2 points

I need an iif statement that satisfies both conditions and then asigns points
IIF([classattending="class1"and [inclass]="absent",3  otherwise, in
classattending="class2 or class3, and [inclass]="absent,2)

can you guide me in the right directoin

Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The following will assign 0 if none of the conditions are met

IIF([classattending]="class1" And
[inclass]="absent",3,IIF(([classattending]="class2" Or
[classattending]="class3") And [inclass]="absent",2,0))

"Carla" wrote:

> I have an attendance database in access 2007
> I am assigning points based on absence
> I have a field called classattending which returns a value of class 1, class
> 2, or class 3
>
> the classes are of varying lengths so if a student is absent, they get
> points based on the class they attend. For example, if you attend class1 and
> are absent you get 3 points, if you attend class2 or class3 and you are
> absent you get 2 points
>
> I need an iif statement that satisfies both conditions and then asigns points
> IIF([classattending="class1"and [inclass]="absent",3  otherwise, in
> classattending="class2 or class3, and [inclass]="absent,2)
>
> can you guide me in the right directoin
>
> Thanks

iif then in MSAccess
if someone could help me write this query I'd really appreciate it. I want it to return the lessor of the two dates: so it would be in english is account open date is less then the referral date then account open date else referral date. Sounds so easy in english now how do I get it to work in access??? Thank you! -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200705/1 iif has been depecrated you should be usnig CASE WHEN THEN look for more info in SQL Server Books online "Laura1 via AccessMonster.com" <u31091@uwe...

Using scanner in Word97

VB Macro #2

Using later version of microsoft access

VCR to DVD Part 2