id is not an index in this table 03-17-10

I have been working with this database for several years. I now have an error
that comes up "id is not an index in this table".
I have tried making a new database and importing the tables to start over
again. Then it will pop up again. Help!
thanks,

--
Brent
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Have your also tried a compact and repair?

When does this happen? Can you narrow down the table?

It may be that importing the problem table(s) doesn't prevent the problem
from being imported. Maybe link to that table in a new database then use a
make table query on it to recreate the table with fresh records.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Brent" wrote:

> I have been working with this database for several years. I now have an error
> that comes up "id is not an index in this table".
> I have tried making a new database and importing the tables to start over
> again. Then it will pop up again. Help!
> thanks,
>
> --
> Brent
>>I now have an error that comes up "id is not an index in this table".
When does it occur?   Check the SQL or properties of whatever is moving at
the time of the error.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Brent" wrote:

> I have been working with this database for several years. I now have an error
> that comes up "id is not an index in this table".
> I have tried making a new database and importing the tables to start over
> again. Then it will pop up again. Help!
> thanks,
>
> --
> Brent

business portal tables
Howdy there kind folks. I need to track down the tables in the Dynamics database that hold all the purchase order information. Particularly the bits that deal with transferring a purchase request to a purchase order. i started looking but theres just too many. I know all the requisition ones start with reqmgmt. Sadly the purchase order ones dont seem to follow this idea. many thanks. they are not in the Dynamics database, the purchase order tables are contained in the company database (like TWO) and they begin with POP the POP10xxx series are the work tables you should be looking at. ...

how to use temporary tables in dex
Hi Somebody has one example of how to use temporary tables in dex Cesar Hi Cesar. Define temp tables just as you would define a SQL table in Dex - but with physical name as "temp" without the quotation. I recommend using database type ctree for performance as it would just create a temp file in your directory. From there on, just use the temp table as you would with normal dex table but remember that once you are done with your routine, your temp table will be deleted automatically. Use temp table as a temporary repository for your calculations, reports, etc. ---Darryl Baj...

How do I add a secondary axis to a pivot table chart?
Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a way to add the 2nd axis? Hi, This is chart type dependent. Suppose you have a line chart, right click the series and choose Format Series, the Axis radio button should be available. What type of chart are you using? Cheers, Shane Devenshire "dangelor" <dangelor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2610028F-5FAF-4400-A3E3-B7D0CCEFB443@microsoft.com... > Using XL2007 - the secondary axis radio buttons are greyed out. Is there a > way to add the 2nd axis? ...

Pivot Table #5
I create a pivot table of growing data each month. Now when I create the pivot table after I set up the layout. I see the message "calculating Pivot Table" but nothing happens. Is there some setting I need to change on my computer. All I get now is a empty new worksheet. ...

Table requires Custom Linking to Excel
I have a table in Word 2000 with various columns. Each row represents one order for a meal package. One of the columns indicates one of three baked pies to order (apple, cherry or pumpkin). Another column indicates whether or not the order has been paid or unpaid. Is there a way to put a total number for each of the pie types ordered into an Excel worksheet? Similarly, would there be a way to analyze all of the rows, and for all rows with an unpaid status, multiply this number by the cost for each meal package, and display this result in an Excel worksheet as money due? Thanks...

disabling data updates within excel pivot table
When saving a Office Web Component Excel Pivot Table, as displayed from with a Web Browser, using the excel export function, I want to be able to freeze the data displayed, so that when ever I reopen the saved excel file the data content does not change to reflect any subsequent changes in the under lying OLAP cube ...

Setting random number range based on query, not table
I have a "quiz" form that randomly pulls up questions from my table. It works fine, and I don't mind that it repeats questions. This allows me to sit and review for as long as I want. The problem is, that I want to use criteria in a query to limit the available questions. If I base this form on a query and limit the number of questions, the code I am using is still setting the maximum number as the number of records in my table. In the past, I had a similar database (which I have lost) that would open the form, set the selector to the last record available to the form,...

MATCH INDEX MIN and 2nd MIN
I have 8 suppliers with their prices listed in columns beneath their names. With the help of many in here, I can achieve finding out who is the minimum supplier and who is the 2nd minimum supplier. Suppose all the suppliers are listed in columns D to K and some suppliers haven't quoted for all parts listed and in certain sections I have 2 suppliers that did not submit prices for any parts and have zero values right down their list of prices. To obtain the minimum supplier, I have used the following formula =INDEX($D$1:$K$1,1,MATCH(V2,$D$2:$K$2,0)) where V2 contains the minimum val...

excel 06-05-10
I have a spread sheet and in it i have data validation tables when i finish picking from them and email the sheet i then want to clear the info in the tables but not the data validation table and not usr macro I'm not exactly sure about what you want to do, Is the whole range filled in with data validation in the cells to create your table or only part. If you can select all the cells with data validation then you can press delete on the keyboard to clear all the contents, but the data validation remains. Or if this is difficult because the data validation is dotted about the...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Bank Recon GP 10 problem
Hi We are a VAR that's upgraded one client to GP 10 and installed GP 10 for another new client, both on SQL 2000. In both cases there's an incorrect balance showing for Cashbook Balance field (cashbook maintenance screen) using the Bank Recon module. Also the cashbook balance is not re-calculated (recon screen) when "Incl Trans To Date" field is changed, for both clients. We can update the balance in Cashbook Master table (CM00100) in SQL but this doesn't solve the problem. Any suggestions? ...

pivot tables #9
i posted this on the general forum but i thought maybe someone here can help me. I have a table that has four regions and total sales amount for each reason by week. my pivot table lists all those and totals it per region per month. i want to add in the pivot table a percentage of the regions sales for that one week over the total sales for all four regions. is there a way i can add that to the table? i.e. the table is currently like this: Week 1 East 500 Midwest 487 South 529 West 492 Total 2008 i want to add the percentages like this: Week 1 East ...

Question #10
If possible... How do I get excel to change the color of a "grid" if I enter say specfic letter or word in it. Example. 800 columns by 800 rows All columns and rows are small as possible Each letter would mean something, and I would need the grid with tha letter to be a specifc color. To allow easy viewing of the information V = red R = grey H = blue So instead of filling in each color per grid myself, I would get exce to auto-fill Any help would be greatly appreciat -- dirtytongu ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dirtytongue's Profi...

display the value of an unbound textbox in a field within a table
I created 3 textboxs to calculate the number of business days between 2 dates. The 3rd textbox contains the value. I now want to have this value displayed in a table field. I'm sure this is easy but I'm a complete novice and have spent far too much time on this already. Can anyone help! Fibi, The general concept of tables is that they are for storage of data in the background. They are not for display of data. That is what forms and reports are for. Therefore, the appearance of the data in the tables is not normally relevant, and the display of calculated values is im...

Pivot table returns `
I have data from an SQL WBC-A. When I pivot this data it returns ` (The character below the tilde) Any other data returns the correct pivot. E.g. WBC-X returns WBC-X ...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed
I created a 'test' company on V10, restored the backup from our real company into this test company. I have inactivated all the employees in the test company. Unless I enter Dynamics as sa, I get the following message: A get/change first operation on table 'uprEmployeeCount' failed accessing SQL Data. Under the more info button: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Drive][SQL Server] The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'zDP_UPR41600F_1',database 'DYNAMICS', schemo 'dbo'. I have deleted the UPR41600 table and recreated it but I still get the...

Read XML into Dataset and load SQL server table from Dataset
Hello all, I am working on a project with the following characteristics: 1. Load data from a SQL server table to an xml file 2. Read the xml file into a dataset. 3. Load data from the dataset into another SQL server table. I was able to accomplish the first objective. I used the following code to read the generated xml file into a dataset. Dim strXml As String = "C:\Customers.xml" Dim sr As StreamReader = New StreamReader(strXml) Dim ds As DataSet = New DataSet ds.ReadXml(sr, XmlReadMode.IgnoreSchema) How can I traverse in the dataset and post each row to my desired table on ...

Tables and banding color in background
I am creating a template where many tables will need to be used. Our standard is to have banding of rows in the table, and when users want to expand the table, I would like them to be able to have the banding automatically occur. This option appears in Word 2007, but does not function well. Has anyone had success with this functionality? Thanks in advance for your help. Color banding can be applied as part of a table style. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "sharon27lily" <sharon27lily@di...

DailySales Table
Hi There, Does anyone know what Type & TypeID columns referring to in DailySales table in HQ ? I have customization guide but there is no details about that columns. Thanks, Arthur Hi Arthur - my understanding of the Daily Sales table is that it gets populated by some internal function that groups based on supplier, cashier, etc. Here are some old notes I found on what the Daily Sales Type refer to: 1: Supplier 2: Category 3: Department 4: Register 5: Cashier 6: Sales Rep -- the TypeID may refer to the batch that's feeding the info (ie batch.batchnumber ...

Lost Public Folders with Digital ID
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 with SP1 and a CA Server. I created my own Digital ID that I installed on my Outlook 2003. Somehow I lost my public folders after the installation. How do I get this back? Please advise. Digital ID is working fine except the above problem. And I got slow response when the root is not offline and subordinate have CRLs to execute. Does root need to be online when CRLs need to be executed? Thanks, Ricky Can you see these folders via another Outlook client? I have never seen a certificate cause public folders to disappear. When you say the root CA is...

Setting Up Windows Mail 01-05-10
I am having trouble setting up windows mail. This is the message I get "The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Hello', Account: 'Work', Server: 'pop3', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E" I don't know what to enter when I go into accounts & properties. I have Time Warner Cable internet and I am working off of a laptop. "NormaH" <NormaH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B119C5BC-0455-4A2B-8346-FD86236D0F9C@microsoft.com... >I am having ...

Pivot Table Refresh error "Problems Obtaining Data"
I can't seem to get data or change the data source. When I refresh, I get the error message "Problems Obtaining Data" When I start the Pivot Table Wizard, the back button is grayed out so that I can't go back and change data sources. Any help is appreciated. ...

CRM Mobile Express Error 10-23-06
Hi, i installed CRM Mobile Express, it works almost fine. When access in any entity, example Opportunitties, it shows, but the opportunity details, send this error: Message: Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. Stack trace: at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() at System.We...

Query plan isn't doing an index seek
If you have the following: SELECT WorkID,VendorName = (SELECT VendorName FROM Vendor WHERE VendorID = ws.VendorID) FROM Work ws What I get is a Hash Match from 2 index scans. |--Compute Scalar(DEFINE:(dbo].[VENDOR].[VendorName]=[dbo].[VENDOR].[VendorName])) |--Hash Match(Right Outer Join, HASH:([dbo].[Z_VENDOR].[VendorID])=([ws].[VendorId]), RESIDUAL:([dbo].[VENDOR].[VendorID]=[dbo].[WORK].[VendorId] as [ws].[VendorId])) |--Clustered Index Scan(OBJECT:([dbo].[VENDOR].[PK_VENDOR])) |--Clustered Index Scan(OBJECT:([dbo].[WORK].[PK_Work] AS ...