id display's funny on form built on qry built on 2 tables ?? (usnint the form Wizard)

i create a query (qryAB) built on 2 tables... tblA and tblB

(tblB is a 'child" of tblA)

>From tblA the query has 1 fielsds... idA
>From tblB the query has 2 fields... idA, idB

Now I use the form Wizard to build a Form on qryAB and elect to show
all the fields in qryAB on the form

The Wizzard ask me "How do you want to view your data?"
I click on tblB and the only option is "single form" so I take this
option.

Now my form doesn't display idA correctly... the 3 fields show like
this...

tblA_idA  -- (note the underbar should show tblA.idA)
idB
tblB_idA  -- (not ethe underbar should show tblB.idB)

so I have to go to design view, click in the fields and point them to
the correct data source.

Things seem to work after this.

Am I doing something wrong? Will forcing the fields to point to (what
I think are) the proper fields doing something that will get me in
trouble?

I'm just supprised the Wizard doesn't do this as I think it should and
wonder if I am mis-understanding something.

Thanks for any help.

Mel

0
Mel
4/30/2007 4:25:32 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Here is the query

SELECT tblAccts.idAcct, tblOrders.idOrder, tblOrders.idAcct FROM
tblAccts INNER JOIN tblOrders ON tblAccts.idAcct = tblOrders.idAcct;

This may help...

I noticed in design view of the form that the sql statement was in the
Record Source field insted of the query name I built the form on.

(Remember I built the form using the Form Wizard)

I clicked in the Record Source field and selected the actual query as
the Record Source... (and not the sql statement that was in the Record
Source field.)

BTW Why does the Form Wizard put the sql into the record source
instead of the query name?

thanks for the help.

0
Mel
4/30/2007 8:38:39 PM
I do not use using the Form Wizard.

Did changing the Record Source fix it for you?
--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Mel" wrote:

> Here is the query
>
> SELECT tblAccts.idAcct, tblOrders.idOrder, tblOrders.idAcct FROM
> tblAccts INNER JOIN tblOrders ON tblAccts.idAcct = tblOrders.idAcct;
>
> This may help...
>
> I noticed in design view of the form that the sql statement was in the
> Record Source field insted of the query name I built the form on.
>
> (Remember I built the form using the Form Wizard)
>
> I clicked in the Record Source field and selected the actual query as
> the Record Source... (and not the sql statement that was in the Record
> Source field.)
>
> BTW Why does the Form Wizard put the sql into the record source
> instead of the query name?
>
> thanks for the help.

Karl,

It seemed to fixe it for me.

I don't know why the form wizard puts the actual SQL in the Record
Source field instead of the name of the query the form is built on.

Changint the Record Source for the form to be the actuql query seems
to fix it.

Mel

0
Mel

Display project by group
I need to display my Proj 2007 schedule using the group ‘Org X Area’. This displays just fine on screen but when I try to print (or even print preview) the three vertical bars to the left of the task name fail to print. I tried it in Proj 2010 beta and the same problem exists. Any suggestions to fix this – it’s no good to me if I can’t print. Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart, No, sorry. This was noted awhile ago and I don't know if there are any plans in the works to change. If you take a screen capture (Print Screen) or save as a gif file using the camera button is it better...

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Flowcharting Table relations
Hey guys and girls. New one for you. I am doing an IT audit of Great Plains and need to flowchart how the data files are related to each other. In other words, how does one file feed into another file, and what field or fields in a particular table is used to relate/link to another table. Does anyone where I can find such information? Thanks Check out the Great Plains SDK available on the installation CDs. There are several diagrams that describe table relationships. Also, there are module documents that contain posting flowcharts. Regards, Kevin Rood Corporate Software Consultants...

Why are there inconsistencies in the display of zeroes in account.
As a CPA, I often use the accounting format with no dollar sign. Sometimes a cell which contains a formula resulting in zero will show the zero as - (which I prefer). Other times the zero will be shown as 0.00 or even (0.00). Why the differences and how do I make it always show a zero as - ? Thanks in advance for anyone's help. Sousixer, To change a '0' to '-'. Highlight all of the cells you wish to format and then go to Format cells (by right-clicking or Ctrl+1 or Format | Cells). Select the Accounting category in the left side of the window. On the...

page numbering #2
I'm working on a landscape Excel document...the document will become part of a booklet,and I need the page numbers at the bottom of the page, but in portrait. Any help? ...

MSDN Installation 1.2: Javascript Errors
I have installed a CRM Server and separate CRM client (along with the supplied example database). Access through IE6 works fine. Within Sales for outlook, I have 2 issues; 1> It takes 1.5 minutes to start up Outlook (it's only a 1Ghz machine, but CPU usage appears as 1-2% while it is loading). 2> I get various script errors when clicking on the CRM Shortcuts; Errors include messages such as... 'http//crmsvr/sfa/home_comps.aspx - object does not support this property or method' IE script error 'Could not complete the operation due to error 80020101' For testing, ...

SQL Table
Hello, In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for the Email Address which is contained inside the Internet Information box. Can some please tell me where this email address is stored in the SQL database? Thanks. -- Bob Try SY01200 Hope this helps, rc. "Bob B" wrote: > Hello, > > In Receivables Management, Customer Maintenance, there is a popup for the > internet address for each customer's Address ID. In that popup is a field for > the Email...

USB2 2.5 external backup
After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which external drive to buy. I am converting to USB 2.0 but on seeing a number of sales sites often 2.5 drive is shown as laptop and 3.5 as desktop. As I have very little backup 40 GB would give me ample space. I have a desktop unit but would prefer a 2.5 would this be compatible with desktop setup. Regards Roger ========================================= ============================== Roger wrote: > After very useful help from this group earlier, I am now deciding which > external drive to buy. I a...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 error #2
I have not been able to keep Outlook up on our server, it closes soon after it is opened with this error that I cannot understand. It says: Exception: access violation (0xc0000005) Address: 0x3f99a142 What does it mean and how can I fix it? Does anyone have any idea? Thank you! ...

Multiple Pivot Tables with single Page Field
I've got two pivot tables on a sheet, one showing the selected week' totals, and the other showing the month's totals. I want to link thes two tables to update automatically--if someone selects the week o 4/24/2005, then I want the other table to automatically select Apri 2005. What's the trick to doing this? thanks! Crai -- cscribne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cscribner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2366 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37409 You ...

How can I use VBA ADO to check if a table exists in an Access DB?
Hi! If I aready have an access DB called c:\temp\MyDb.mdb, is there any way that I can use ADO to check if a table exists in this database? Thanks, Aijun. -- Ai_Jun_Zhang ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ai_Jun_Zhang's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=397998 Here is a simple function. Call with ?IfTableExists("C:\temp\MtDB.mdb","DB") Function IfTableExists(FileName As String, Table As String) As Boolean Dim o...

Subtotal in a pivot table
I have a question on calculating something in a pivot table. What I am trying to get is a % of the subtotal break in my table. I have a calculated field but cannot figure out how to get it to calc. the % off the shop total not the Total for the table. See the example below. For Shop 246-Database I want the Sum of % of shop total to be based off the Database DeliveryAmt (10575) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 61%, not the pivot table total (185852) = 5.7%. Retail should be Retail DeliveryAmt (6742) / Shop 246 total DeliveryAmt (17317) = 39%, not the pivot table total (185852)...

Database Export Wizard Problem
Hi! I am trying to link a shape in an existing drawing to data base, i.e. an Excel File. I do: Tools->Add Ons->Viso Extras->Database Wizard Next Select "Link shapes to database records" Next Select "Shape(s) in a drawing" Next Select a Shape Next Select "Excel Files" Next Select an Excel File Now, I get a box in which I am forced to choose a "table". But the selection list shown is empty. When I try to create a "table" (whereas it is unclear how the field I define relate to the shape I am going to link to the external DB), I get...

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

Multiple users #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I installed a home/student version of Office. My wife installed the same and unfortunately used the same of the three product codes. Every time she uses this I get kicked off. I uninstalled Office and re-installed with the idea of entering a different product code, but it never asked for a product key code. The program is fully working, except when my wife starts using hers and I get kicked off again. How do I fix this? See step #4 here: http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey -- HTH |:>) Bo...

Banks #2
I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay through M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high balance or combined accounts. "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F89443FF-1B73-4F22-A029-488DCE4701FF@microsoft.com... >I am reviewing my current banking relationship and am looking for a better > option than Wells Fargo. Their current charges for using bill pay > through > M/S money is $9.95 a month, no relief it having a high ...

Best way to add a row to a table with calculations?
Suppose I have a worksheet like this: 1 2 Date Days 3 5/25/08 35 4 4/20/08 45 5 3/06/08 46 6 1/20/08 41 ... The value in the Date column is calculated (=A3-A4). I would like to add a row between rows 2 and 3 and have it acquire all of the properties of row 3. The best procedure I could come up with is: 1. Right click on row 3, select Insert. This inserts a row between 2 and 3, but it acquires the properties of row 2. 2. Select row 4 (old row 3) and press Ctrl-C (copy). 3. Select row 3 (new row) and press Ctrl-V (paste). This seems to work. Is there a better wa...

Error Handler #2
Has anyone written an error handler for VBA forms. The error handler would display error messages based on bad input and pop up messages dynamically, etc. If not, has anyone developed a clean way to display error messages without using excessive message boxes? Thanks for any help. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Instead of message boxes and popups, consider a label on the form itself that displays the error message. In article <Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>, Ripan <<Ripan.zrum2@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > Has anyone written an error ...

Sumif base on 2 criteria
I am having problems coming up with a sumif formula based on two conditions. I have three columns. Column A = client #, Column B = work code, and Column C = hours. I am looking for a sumif formulat that will calculate the total hours worked for employees working on (for example) Client #387 and work code 88. Please help if you know how to do this. thanks. Joe Hi Joe; use sumproduct for this; =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100=387)*(B1:B100=88),C1:C100) I am assuming 387 and 88 are NUMBERS. If not, enclose them in ""s. "Joe Rotondo" <desjoe@aol.com> wrote in m...

Highlighting Rows #2
Hi Is there a way in which the row you are currently on in excel is highlighted in a different colour, and reverts back to original when user moves to a new row? Thanks right click sheet tab>view code>paste this>SAVE. You'll like it. 'McCurdy.Here is something inspired by Don Guillett. Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Dim MyRng As Range Set MyRng = Target.EntireRow Application.EnableEvents = False On Error GoTo end1 Application.Cells.FormatConditions.Delete With MyRng .FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=R...

need to get form property
hi, this is probably a very easy solution but I can't figure it out. I have Form A (frm_ARCall), subForm B (sfrm_ARCallInv) and Form C. From Form C, I want to change the Record Source property of subform B. I have tried many things but they have all failed. The latest is: Forms![frm_ARCall]![sfrm_ARCallInv]![Form].[RecordSource] = "fqry_ttARCallInv" NOTE: This line of code is on Form C which is a subform on another form (Form D). Please help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 t...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

reading pane in outlook 2003 #2
i prefer not to use the reading pane and have it switched off but it seems its configured seperately for every folder, is there an overall control for the reading pane in outlook 2003 so you can just switch it off for all folders? You can do this by changing the default Messages when all folders are still in this default view. Otherwise define a new view and apply it on first use of the folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jas0n" &...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

2 Y Axes: Lines and a Stacked Column
Hello, I'm using Excel 2003 SP3 and having trouble with the following... Sample data: X Axis Y Axis1 Y Axis1 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Y Axis2 Date DataA DataB DataC DataD DataE 1/31/09 4.3 3.6 10% 40% 50% 2/28/09 2.9 1.9 30% 60% 10% 3/31/09 1.2 6.4 15% 10% 75% I need Y Axis1 to be two simple lines and Y Axis2 a stacked column that sums to 100%. Can't figure this out. Please advise... Thanks! Jeff First, clear the cell above the dates,...