I want to create a document that looks like notebook paper?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's
part of Office Professional.

From your use of the word "document", I'm guessing that your question is
related to Word, not Access. I'd recommend you repost your question to a
newsgroup related to Word.

When you repost, I'd recommend that you use the empty space to put some
details, rather than simply posting a subject line. Information such as what
version of Word you're using, and what operating system, can be useful to
the responder. You might also indicate what exactly you mean by "notebook
paper". Are you talking about lines on the page, holes on the page, or what?

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"yvonne" <yvonne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

1
Douglas

Is there a way to create a border out of text in Publisher?
WordArt? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rmac" <rmac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADD98BD-4331-4BD6-A669-69DEC7C8828D@microsoft.com... > You can do it with BorderArt if you want to create a graphic from text and then use the graphic. ...

Tools for comparing Xml documents
Hi, Does anyone know any good tools for performing a side by side comparison of 2 xml documents on an element by element and attribute by attribute basis. Thanks Donal http://www.grigsoft.com/ get compare it. It'll do text files side by side, which is what you'll have to do if you can't find one that does it element by element. It does colour code the differences. Hope that helps, (even if it isn't exactly what you was asking for). Rollasoc "Donal McWeeney" <donal_mcweeney@NO-SP-AM.aimware.com> wrote in message news:e4Ua3$ctDHA.1888@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Problem with document()
Hi, I have inconsistent behavior of document() function which I hope someone can explain. I have Windows Service (runs as LocalSystem) that perform some Xslt transformation. In the stylesheet I load another Xml document using document("http://localhost/myfile.xml") syntax. I use XmlUriResolver object with credentials set to DefaultCredentials and pass it to the Transform method. Everything works fine on my workstation (WinXP x64, Framework 1.1, IIS 6). Now, I have a production server which is Win 2000, IIS5. The same service works here using domain account with all nessesa...

Why when I receive a word document it comes as a wordpad?
Please help....ever since I changed to Outlook 2007, when I receive emails with attachments that should be in 'Word' they come out in 'Wordpad' - does this mean that when I send Word attachments they don't come out properly either?? How can I fix this?? "mare2852" <mare2852@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97A26001-1DD0-4F74-9492-506E507717B0@microsoft.com... > Please help....ever since I changed to Outlook 2007, when I receive emails > with attachments that should be in 'Word' they come out in 'Wordpad' -...

error -199 when attaching word document into entourage
User is Running Mac office 2004 Today when I tried to attach a Word document with an email message the response was: "An unknown error (-199) occurred". We have installed update 11.2.4 hoping this would resolve the issue but it is still happening. There are posts suggesting to copy all data to new document and save but with endnote and form data this becomes a real chore for the user. I note that she gets this error more frequently when using data from the server, we tried to copy the file to her local computer but with the same problem. However when she has the file emailed to...

Exchange 5.5 moving to new location/city
MS Exchange 5.5 moving to new City - what problems do I look for? We have a Exchange 5.5 that is located in San Antonio and is connected to our offices in Houston. We use forms that were created and maintaine in SA. The forms are tied into a database for data storage. We want to move the Exchange physical from SA to Dallas. We want to make sure that now our Dallas offfice and our SA office can communicate and use the Forms that were created before in SA. The Houston, office is not connected to us any longer. What do i need to do to get the SA/Dallas to work asap with a physical move...

create excel spreadsheet to display data from filled text forms
I want to combine the data from surveys (forms) that are uniform in content and filled in electronically using Microsoft Word in order to display the results automatically into an Excel spreadsheet. I realize I must have to import this data into an excel spreadsheet. I also see that this process can be done somewhat by creating an Access database from a text file (Word) which is similiear but I haven't seen specific advice about how to do this for Excel. Please help me. ...

Site now wants a password!
While in my remote desktop on my Windows Server 2003, I dragged the folder containing all of my code/scripts/folders/etc. to the desktop, trying to create a shortcut. I realized that it moved the entire folder to the desktop, so I dragged it back to where it was. Now, it seems that created some changes in permissions and/or security settings, and my website is asking for a username/password from me. How do I restore the settings so that I get my website back? Thanks! -- beadevilg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ beadevilg's Pr...

Creating Lookup
Hello Is it possible to create a lookup field from either: - Case -> Opportunity OR - Opportunity -> Case I have tried to create this and the Case or Opp entity was not available. Kathy, This is not supported as you are looking to create a relationship between two system entities. However, I understand that you will be able to do this using the Relationship Explorer application available from c360 (http://www.c360.com) in their Core Productivity Pack. Michael Cross http://www.navint.com "kathyc" wrote: > Hello > > Is it possible to create a lookup field ...

opening files created in Pub2000 in Pub2002
I have newsletters created in Publisher 2000. I've just gotten a new computer that has Publisher 2002. It's taking forever for the images to come up, fonts are messed up, etc. Just clicking on something can be a pain. Help anyone. Hi Anne (anne@parkviewdecatur.org), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I have newsletters created in Publisher 2000. I've just || gotten a new computer that has Publisher 2002. It's || taking forever for the images to come up, fonts are || messed up, etc. Just clicking on something can be a || pain. Help anyone. 1. Make sure...

Excel spreadsheet
How do you slant column headings? Within one wide column I want to have 3 slanted column headings for that particular column. Can this be done? Thanks for your help. Christine Enter the three lines with Alt+Enter after each one. Then set the orientation from Format/Cells/Alignment tab. Andy. "Christine" <christine.lee@barco.com> wrote in message news:0f3001c37df5$64f6a0d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you slant column headings? Within one wide column > I want to have 3 slanted column headings for that > particular column. Can this be done? Thanks for your &...

differences between Format Painter and create a style by example
What are the differences between using the Format Painter and creating a style by example? Rebecca <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > What are the differences between using the Format Painter and > creating a style by example? If you had ever used the format painter and had even a vague understanding of what styles are, this question would have an obvious answer. I suggest you actually take 2 minutes to use Publisher and perhaps if you're stuck on the questions, try the features described, and perhaps even read the help files. News j...

C: 15GB Drive has documents/Data and D: 300GB drive has applicatio
I just received an XP system that has continual problems with storage on the C Drive. When the drive was divided (or whatever), the small 15GB Drives named C: The remaining large D drive (300GB or so, has the applications). Any suggestions (other than reformatting the whole hard drive), on how I can set the D drive up as the main drive so that this system is not always running out of space on the C drive? Or what do you suggest? Obviously I am looking for a quick easy solution to frustrating problem I inherited. Thanks, Steve On 21 Aug 2010, =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?= ...

In Access 2010, how do I create a SQL query?
In older versions of Access, there was a View -> SQL View menu button. How do I get the SQL View with Access 2010? I need to create a query which contains a join operation. I don't think I can do this with the Query Design view. ...

Advanced find to look for Campaign Respondents
Hi I want to do an advanced find for all respondents to a particular campaign to send them another email. Below is the advanced find i have Looking on contacts Then Marketing Lists Then Campaign where name = XYZ Then campaign response where response code = interested and status = closed However when i run this i get all the contacts as opposed to 2 contacts that have actually responded back...not sure where i am going wrong here would appreciate some help cheers Snow White I assume you have converted your campaign responses to Lead. Do an Advance Find on Lead with Source Campaign as y...

Want to copy a cell down until it comes to the next nonblank cell, and then take this next nonblank cell until it comes to the next nonblank cell, and so on...
First time post-er, please be patient! I've got an excel spreadsheet which I'm trying to put into a format that's easy to filter. Before I can do that, I've got to clean up the data in one column - I'm bound by how the data dumps from another tool. There are several rows that basically relate to one grouping of information and so in this one column I have a project name (as part of a long string of text defining additional aspects of this project) and then for several rows below that, same column, I have names of people working on this particular project. (The name of th...

Can I create a thread safe Winform User Control
Hi, I know that if I want to update a Windows Form Control from a worker thread I need to check InvokeRequired on the control and jump through some hoops. I can get that all to work. But, I wonder if I can make a User Control which inherits from for example, System.Windows.Forms.Label, and has the correct thread safe set method built in? In fact, why are Windows Forms controls not thread safe? It seems like it would have been pretty easy to build in, at least for the their simple properties, and would save a fair amount of fiddly work on the developer's part. Thanks, ...

Option to prevent users creating other than User ID based Smartlis
On a site with a large user count it is necessary to control the number of "global" smartlist favourites that can be created/saved. A tick box on the user maintenance window to nominate that the user can only save favourites for their user id - this user would have the favourites field "Visible To" locked with the value "User ID". This would greatly assist in managing the number of smartlist favourites people will see and need to navigate through. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the m...

Out look 2000 on windows xp hangs
My vp's outlook 2000 is hanging on occasion. It hangs when it is starting up and some times it will load and then when she clicks on the remote personal folder it hangs and we have to kill the process. there is something that makes it hang. Any sugestions? she has a P4 with 512 DDR. Windows XP pro. Thank you ...

Creating directory tree.
Is there a function to create a directory tree? I want to pass in a disk and directory path and be assured that the function will create, as needed, any directory along the path. This is my version of creating a complete path: void CXXX::CreateDirectory(CString DirectoryPath) { //DirectoryPath contains the complete path eg: "c:\\test\\mydirectory\\" ///* directory creation int end=DirectoryPath.GetLength(); int nextchar=0; CString NewDirName=""; char currentChar[2]; for(nextchar=0;nextchar<end;nextchar++) { NewDirName.Insert(NewDirName.GetLength(),DirectoryPat...

Looking Buy used scrap rails
Looking Buy used scrap rails http://buy-sell-old-ship-iron-scrap-minerals.blogspot.com ...

Want Formula (if any)/code to take Folder list in Excel
Hi, Need help I want details(Name,Size,Path,last updated) of files containing in folder as well as sub folder in one excel. I know the Command prompt method where list is saved in notepad and we need to copy the same in excel. I am using Office 2003 & 2007. Thanks you in anticipation Tejas Check out the FileSystemObject object model. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hww8txat(VS.85).aspx --JP On Oct 14, 12:24=A0am, maximus <meette...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Need help > > I want details(Name,Size,Path,last updated) of files containing in > folder a...

Create a flash banner
If you admire the website of sb's, embedded impressive swf banners, and puzzle that why they make such snazzy transitions. In fact, it's as easy as ABC with the help of some slideshow program. BTW, My favorite is Wondershare Flash SlideShow Builder. http://www3.photo2vcd.com/ Free to try! Here's the sample: http://www.flash-slide-show.com/samples/banner.html Step 1. Prepare several pre-made images for your slideshow banner. I've got 5 in this banner. Step 2. Browse. Add the images from your local drive to the story line. Click the Add button or double click the image. Dr...

How can I use Word to layout images like Publisher? need captions
I am laying out images for an appendix to a dissertation. For the black and white figures, I am using Word, because I want to automate the captions (Fig. 1 etc.). For colour plates, I am using Publisher (which I love) and this works well, because conventionally they are referred to by plate number and then a sub-letter (pl. 1a). I can easily automate the plate numbers, because they are the page numbers of the PUblisher doc. For figures, the images are usually referred to as individual figures rather than as a page and then sub-letter (Fig. 1 as opposed to Fig. 1a). Thus, this is wh...

Documents List view as default Make smaller version
When I open "My Documents" in the list option, the list is so big I need a scroll bar to see it. When I click on views I eventually get a list that is small and fits on one page without a scroll bar. When I close "My Documents" and reopen it is back to the bigger version. Is there a way to keep the smaller version as my default? Not a Word question. In Windows XP there's probably a Control Panel controlling the way the contents of windows are displayed by default. On Mar 20, 8:49=A0am, Legallsk <Legal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whe...