I want to buy the best book of office 2003

Hi.

I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it?

Marco
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi, Marco.

> I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it?

"The Best Book of Office 2003."  (Just kidding!)

"Best" is subjective.  Check out former Access MVP Jeff Conrad's lists of
recommended books and find the ones for Access 2003, then go to your
bookstore and look at each one to see if it's "for you" -- and your learning
style.

http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html#Books

Notice that these books are all Access database related, not Office-related.
That's because you posted your question in the Access database newsgroup.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 10:35:00 -0700, Marco <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi.
>
>I want to buy the best book of office 2003, what is the name of it?

I want to buy the best automobile, what is the make and model of it?

Best for you might not be best for someone else. Check out the books at the
websites below, particularly the Books link on Jeff's site and the Access Web:

Jeff Conrad's resources page:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

The Access Web resources page:
http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html

A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html

MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

Address Book missing CONTACTS & OAB
At work we use Exchange at work, and on one of my Co-Workers Computer, (his Profile, not really computer) in his Address Book he is missing CONTACTS & OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK, ( While mine is just fine) he was missing PERSONAL ADDRESS BOOK, but I was able to ADD it. ( We have a Global Address Book that we use for the Company ) Is there a way to atleast add CONTACTS, since the OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK is useless ( at least I think the OAB is ) Thanks No one uses a PAB anymore. Why can't you add the OAB to the profile? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "XP User" <my_email@is_p...

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Cannot connect outlook 2007 to exchange 2003 via LAN #2
Hello there, I got a new laptop for work running Vista and outlook 2007 and no matter how many times I tried setting it up to connect to the exchange server 2003, I always get the message that outlook is not connected and it needs to be connected to complete this action.... I used to have a laptop running XP and outlook 2003 and it worked fine with the same mailbox settings. Any ideas please? ...

Money 2003 Deluxe
When I go to Reports/Taxes/Tax Software Report I get a summary of what should be included in the various Federal Tax Forms. Everything looks reasonable except for the Capital Gains and Losses Money generated when I bought or sold a stock. It looks like some of the transactions ended up under Schedule C! Can someone give me a hint on where I have to go to tell Money how to handle the generated gains and losses? I have been to all the obvious places like "Catagories" and "Taxes" but I must be missing something. Thanks in advance. In microsoft.public.money, Ken wrote:...

Excel 2003 #4
Hope someone out there can help, I have lost the toolbars and menu bars in Excel, at first I thought it was showing full screen but it wasn't I then tried to Alt/V to bring up the view menu but again nothing. Have re-installed Excel but still not showing, can anyone help me with this please. And you're sure that the window isn't just too far up and off the visible viewing area--so all that you would need to do is resize that window? If you can see excel's application title bar, then this isn't the problem. If you want to reset all the toolbars back to factory default...

Security Update for Windows Server 2003 (KB956744) Cannot Install.
For Windows Server 2003. This is a standard Windows Update that I try to install but get a message that it failed to install. I can't find any source to tell me why it won't or what I can do about it. I am not getting an error code of any sort - it is just listed under "not installed" when I get my update installation screen at the end of the installs. Can anyone help please? I downloaded the update manually from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=a37a2d8a-a5ce-4f06-bf07-8cafa16e7a59&displaylang=en Ran it, and then ran Check U...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

SPYRUS Usage in Outlook 2003
Anyone heard of a problem with SPYRUS Rosetta Executive Manager and OUTLOOK 2003? Was working fine with Office XP, then upgraded to Office 2003, and can't digitally sign email anymore. . . the system just hangs. Hi Ted, I am from SPYRUS and we are not aware of any problems running RES and Office2003. RES is an extremely compatible product for running Microsoft products. What version operating system are you using? What version of RES are you running? If it is RES3 or below - we recommend you upgrade to the current version which is RES5. If you are running RES4 or RES5 then you proba...

Outlook 2003 crash with IMAP
Please help. Outlook 2003 SP2 is crashing most of the time while trying to contact our local IMAP server with send/receive. It's crashing hard in outlook.exe, asking to send error report. Logging is disabled as I googled this as a possible source for crashes. I reinstalled Outlook with no success and the PST file was checked with scanpst.exe. It is not crashing all but most of the time. Any clue for me ? Henrik -- Henrik Schmidt Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet zu Kiel Institut fuer Informatik +49 (431) 880 75 - 50 Fax or 43 Phone Olshausenstr. 40 ...

Outlook 2003 Distribution List error
System running XP SP3 My customer has a Distribution List (5 entries), and it was working correctly for some time. Now, when she sends to the List, there are two additional names included from her address book. Editing and/or expanding the list does not show these names.... Ideas? Where to look? Thanks in advance. Grov ...

Exch 2003 - Stopped MTA Stacks Service
We've got two Exchange 2003 servers in native mode. I had read that you don't need the MTA Stacks service running in this configuration, so I stopped the service on both boxes yesterday. I came in this morning and there were hundreds of emails queued up on both servers queues to each other. When I highlighted the queue on one of the servers it said the other server was unreachable. I then found that we had no DNS entries for these servers in our AD DNS. I added them, and also added MX records and mail started flowing between them again. Does the MTA Stacks service provide some kind of ...

Best pratices for mailbox size limit
I have been scouring the Net to find some documentation that would explain Best Practices when it comes to limiting the size of mailboxes, so far I haven't anything in that regard. Is there such a document somewhere out there. My superior is challenging me to prove him why we need to prevent users to have mailboxes with no limits whatsoever. So far our Exchange 2003 server has been running almost flawlessly (well, as flawless as Exch 2k3 can be) but I prefer to be proactive. On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 06:35:18 -0700, Viking <viking_es2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have been scouring t...

Exchange 2003 Locking Up -Help!
The Current Sessions in the SMTP Virtual Service builds up until it reaches 60 sessions and then the SMTP service stops working completely. If I reboot, all the messages are cleared out and sent but it quickly rebuilds up to the 60 sesssions. If anyone knows what this is, I need help! It just started today. The sessions look like connections to attempt to deliver email messages but they never succeed and then go away. I uninstalled smtp service and then re-installed, then i re-installed Exchange 2003 and it seemed to work for about 5 minutes and then it was back to locking up. HE...

Size of files allowed with Outlook 2003
I am having trouble sending large attachments through outlook 2003. Is there a limit to the size you can send. I have one with about 24mb of info. It is stuck in the outbox. I saw how to go offline and delete it but I really don't want to because I scanned it all and don't want to do it again. How can I get this file to go through? Thank you. Pearl King Windows XP, Outlook 2003 Outlook is not in play here. Your mail provider is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pearl King" <paking@kc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eCH%23qfpSJHA.5268@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... &g...

Personal Address book address will not change/update
Hello, I have Exchange 2000 and Outlook XP/2002. I have a personal address book. When I attempt to update the email address of an entry, it always returns to the original SMTP address. Is this a bug? Has anyone encountered this before? Thanks, Rich ...

Office 2004--what's the 3rd installation CD for?
I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac Mini. Everything seems to be working fine, but the installation process only required two of the three CDs. What's the third installation CD for, and if I didn't use it, am I missing anything from the installation? Hello, Maybe it's the CD for Virtual PC (if you have the professionnal version of MS Office) On 18/11/05 1:43, in article 1132274609.639685.321710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "japanime" <gkardy@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac ...

PDFmaker loads when i open any Office program
How do I stop the Adobe Acrobat PDFmaker from loading whenever i open an Office program? In article <1149735234.626126.158000@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, adam@fanaticalmarketing.com wrote: > How do I stop the Adobe Acrobat PDFmaker from loading whenever i open > an Office program? See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pdftoolbar.html ...

Configuration issues for Excahnge 2003
I am an intern current doing research on a problem bought to my attention. I have a Exchange 2003 server using an IIS 2003 box. The scenario is the administrator wants to make the authentication on the Directory Security a basic authentication. But after a few hours the server automatically clicks back to Integrated Windows authentication. Is there a way that I can keep it on basic or is there a specific reason why this occurs. Any answers would greatly be appreciated. thank you. "Gerald Hunt" <gerhunt@uat.edu> wrote: >I am an intern current doing research on a pro...

Money 2002 opening MOney 2003 file
Hi I have Money 2002 at home but then I have been working on my file with Money 2003 in the office. Now I can't open up the Moeny 2003 file with the 2002 version It asks me for a password and i never put in a password. please help! Please send reply to my email. thanks! You cannot open a 2003 file with 2002. The file is not backwards compatible. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.a...

VBA unter Office v. X
Hallo zusammen, ich versuche gerade ein VBA-projekt an MacOS X anzupassen, aber ich kann keine Dokumentation oder Beispiele f�r DECLARE unter MacOS X finden! Konkret m�chte ich die Rainbow Sentinel API auf diese Weise ansprechen, aber ich konnte bisher noch nicht einmal herausfinden, welche Libraries Word �berhaupt unterst�tzt, und wie die entry points zu deklarieren sind. Ich w�rde mich �ber jeden Tipp freuen. Viele Gr��e Sascha Leib -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Sascha Ren� Leib - KOPFteam GmbH - http://www.kopfteam.de/ "There is not, and will...

Office Enterprise 2007 failed to reinstall
Enterprise was uninstalled with intention to reinstall after Outlook window failed to open. Installation from cd now gives "error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {837BF1EB-D770-94EB-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. I also tried safe mode with command prompt and still got the same results. Any ideas? Not knowing if you have a legal version,I can safely tell you the following Free phone support from MS for Office Enterprise customers. Please have all your needed documentation on hand including the VL and the Volume License holders number that ...

I want to block sending email to an address
I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want to block sending messages to co-worker John Smith. How do I do that? Change the way the name appears in your address book, or manually put in the email address? "Cynthia" <Cynthia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:28AFE084-FC9A-46B2-98CA-D50150941C88@microsoft.com... :I have a co-worker named John Smith and a customer named John Smith. I keep : sending emails to my co-worker instead of my customer. I want ...

Synchronize Outlook 2003 and Newsreader Folders
How do I get my local folders in the newsreader, where I often store items of interest to me, to match the personal folders in Outlook 2003-and vice versa. I have just converted over from Office XP to Office 2003. -- The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause. Who at the best, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while...

Win98 SE, Office 2000: ODBC from Excel behaves strangely on one computer
Hi When I create an ODBC query from another Excel workbook, using query wizard, then usually after I select the workbook as data source, in wizard's next window all available tables (defined non-dynamic named ranges in this workbook) are displayed, ans I'm asked to select columns. The source workbook remains closed. Now in one single computer, after I select the workbook as data source, this workbook is opened and recalculated automatically, and only after that the wizard continues with next window. And when I open some workbook, containing such ODBC query, or when I try to refresh s...

How does Outlook 2003 handle the MIME type message/rfc822?
Hello, could anyone tell me excactly how Microsoft Outlook 2003 handles the MIME mediatype "message/rfc822"? The reason I am asking is because I am currently working on a gateway to convert mail from a custom format to the rfc2822/rfc2045-2049 specification(s). In this custom format, it is entirely possible for a mail message to have whole mail messages attached. It seemed like this would be easily solved by using the message/rfc822-type to include the entire mail, but this turned out to be a problem if the attatched mail was itself a MIME multipart-message. In that case, Outlook si...