I want access to ask for a number then use that number to print la

I have a table with all of the parts nessicary to build a component.  I want
the operator to enter the work order number and quantity required.  I want
Access to print out labels which contain all of the parts in my table and
print the work order number on each label as well as multiply the quantity
the operator entered by the quantity of each part in the table.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

So you want a user to enter a Work Order #, Component, and Quantity, and have
the label print out part numbers and quantities? You can build a form with
three text boxes on it and have the user fill out WO#, qty and Component. You
then design a query that uses these entries to filter on the part table and
calcualte the quantities. Then base a report for labels on that query.

"thudson" wrote:

> I have a table with all of the parts nessicary to build a component.  I want
> the operator to enter the work order number and quantity required.  I want
> Access to print out labels which contain all of the parts in my table and
> print the work order number on each label as well as multiply the quantity
> the operator entered by the quantity of each part in the table.

Converting access report to pdf format
hi I wrote a database that, among other things, prints a variety of reports for my clients. Once each report is done, I run a program called pdfWriter to convert each report to a pdf file. (When this program is installed, I select the printer called pdfWriter then print the file. It doesn't actually print a physical copy but saves the file in pdf format.) Then I e-mail these pdf reports to the clients. What I'm looking for are ways that I could automate this process from Access. Can this be done? If so, could someone point me in the right direction. Any clues would be grea...

Display Quote Number on Order
Hello, I am trying to display the field named quotenumber on the Order form. I see that there is already a field mapped from Quote.quotenumber to SalesOrder.quoteidname. However, when I go into system customization, I cannot choose to view the quoteidname field in the form. Is this a bug or by design? By design. When the quoteid field is added to the screen, it will actually show the name of the quote. That's about the closest you will be able to get in terms of displaying data from the Quote. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- --------------------...

Access 2007
i find the file size of Access 2007 expanding quickly, different from previous version. i need to compact it frequently. is it normal? Secondly, i also find when i compact the database in Access 2007, the file name and its extension (accdb) will change to database.mdb thanks a lot. tony More info 1. The file only stored forms & queries & reports 2. compact in local drive, the filename will not be renamed. The rename only happens in network drive. so strange. any comments? thx. "Tony WONG" <x34@hknet.com> ���g��l��s�D:OY2sYLv4HHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03.p...

Access 07 much slower than 2000/2003, multi user
three new PC withh access 2007 trial and an exsiting access 2000 mdb on a network share. Performance is slower but acceptable OK with one user, with additin users (up to 3) it becomes very slow. record scrolling is slow but the main problem is adding records. When typing in the edit boxes it can take > 1 sec for the text to appear, same database saved in 2002/3 format works with any delay in typing or scrolling. Office 07 SP1 installed, and previous versions of the office removed when testing 07. Did same tests with linked tables to sql2005, same results. ...

Ugly Macro
Okay I get price lists from manufacturers and need to turn them into a standard format. The general formatting I have a macro for, column widths, formats, alignments, text sizes yada yada yada... But here are a few extras that I would REALLY like to have in the macro. 1) I would like the macro to insert 999999 into column C whenever there is a part number in column A. 2) I would like the macro to check column h for anything other than a number (column h is for prices and sometimes they put POA or NA, i cant have this) and when it find something that isnt a number put "Error in H"...

printing selection
I want to print a selection. I select the proper cells, but there is an extra row that prints at the top. It is always the same row, so perhaps I have it locked in some way. How do I get rid of it? It happens only on this one worksheet. Under Page setup, check the Sheet tab, make sure you don't have a row called out or anything. -- Best Regards, Luke M "Anniel" <Anniel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:812F3679-4D1C-487F-B7FB-AEFF39D5A469@microsoft.com... >I want to print a selection. I select the proper cells, but there is an &...

Multiple matches using LOOKUP
Hello everyone, Here is what I am trying to accomplish. Based on Column A or ORDER_NOTE I need to find the respective match in column C. It perfectly works for 1 match. What if I have three or more matches how to force excel to look for others? This formula is inside of macro. I can use count function to find out how many times 'ORDER_NOTE' appeared. ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=LOOKUP(""ORDER_NOTE"",Range(""A:A""),Range(""C:C""))" Also, is it possible to concatenate all the finding of column C that match 'ORDE...

Change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight selected cel
I'm using Excel 2007 and I'd like to change the default color Excel 2007 uses to highlight the selected cells in a worksheet. When selecting a range (ex. A1:D10). The selected range takes on a light transparent blue. Very hard to see when working in selected range. I've tried changing Office>Excel Options>Popular>Color Scheme - 3 colors to choose from (Blue, Silver, Black). This doesn't make a difference with the selection color at all. Also tried to change the Personalization>Appearance>Different Color Schemes with the Advanced option>Item areas, thi...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

adding number only if CDN is displayed in next cell
I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the column besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. Thanks for your help. Use SUMIF() See HELP for details -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "ED" <ED@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B61595A-17DD-4254-A46F-A8D26BF0D9AB@microsoft.com... >I have a list of sales for Canadian and US Customers. I marked in the >column > besides the sales amount if it is CDN or US. > > How can I add the CDN or the US Sales only. > > Thanks for y...

Access Runtime 2007 with Windows 7 Crashing
I am setting up new Dell Windows 7, 64 bit machines and have installed Access Runtime 2007 which keeps crashing. Windows is telling me that the solution is this update: KB957262 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=6F4EDEED-D83F-4C31-AE67-458AE365D420&displaylang=en but the update wont install. The info I have gathered from is that this update fails with this error code because it cant find access. Is there a way to force this update to fix the problem without installing a full copy of access? If not my work around is to install Access Runtime 2003 along w...

Distorted Print Preview in Excel 2007
All of the sudden Print Preview and printing is distorted as compared to the chart as displayed during design. Verticle grid lines are missing and the horizontal axis appears to be log. ...

print multiple mail with attachment
Outlook 2000 UK SR-1 Corporate or Workgroup. When selecting multiple mail with some attachment(word, excel) and some with out, the mail with attachments are not always printed together. There is none follow up line in printing. And I know that it became that Word have to start-up or Excel. But is there not a possibility that the mail with the attachment keep together when printing? You might want to take a look at this add-ins for that; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Print-On-Demand.asp?Source=RS or a more advanced one http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Auto-Print.asp?Sourc...

how do i display the sort arrows in column headers in access 2007
I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column headers. Any advice? Where are the column headers? In a table, query, form - data sheet - other? Some where else? Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "KenBob2" <KenBob2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5280AF5F-F673-48D4-8C31-0051BF53A3F4@microsoft.com... >I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column > headers. Any advice? I think it's: - office button (that upper left button) - access o...

Web form that drops into access database
I want to do something that I feel is very simple; however, I have no knowledge of how to do it. I want to have a form on a website that drops the data from the form into an access database. I have a decent amount of experience with web design, and would just like somewhere to start. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Michael <mgreer65@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e6a7c688-272b-4219-8241-74c3e3e7b2a2@e25g2000prg.googlegroups.com... >I want to do something that I feel is very simple; however, I have no > knowledge of how to do it. I want to have a form on a w...

How to restrict printing access for users
Hello, I am new to shared databases and was wondering if there was a way to restirct users from printing specific reports? Thanks. You can use User-Level security: Security FAQ http://support.microsoft.com/download/support/mslfiles/SECFAQ.EXE Lynn Trapp's summarization: http://www.ltcomputerdesigns.com/The10Steps.htm KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q165009 http://download.microsoft.com/download/access97/faq1/1/win98/en-us/secfaq.exe http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=325261 Joan Wild's articles: http://www.jmwild.com/security02....

Need to import contacts but only allow certain groups access
Hi, Just wondering what the best practice is for storing external contacts I've imported, that I only want certain groups to be able to access. I guess I could create a public folder, but since these are slowly being withdrawn, maybe not? I'm currently considering adding the contacts to a particular OU, then creating an address book which filters for a property set on the contacts. I'd then propose setting the appropriate NTFS permissions on those contacts. Any suggestions appreciated. > I'm currently considering adding the contacts to a particular OU, then > c...

Importing to access from excel
I understand that access uses the first 15 rows of an imported excel sheet to determine whether the access field is numerical or text. I have a worksheet with a date column, and columns that contain both numbers and text entries (in the form of less than values e.g.<1). Therefore the date column cannot be changed to text or number otherwise it looses the correct format. And although the numbers can be changed to text in excel they are only recognised as numbers in access. The only way I have found to get the all the information across from excel into access without error values (e...

How do I change the category axis number formatting in a Pivot Ch.
I have created a Pivot Chart from Excel data (Excel 2000) and I need to figure out how to change the category axis number formatting. Currently, the dates in the chart are showing up in long form (01/01/2005) and I would like to change this to something shorter like 1/01. I changed the formatting of the data in the original raw data and then in the Pivot Table, but neither of these seemed to change the Pivot Chart formatting. When I right click on the category axis, I do not get the option the change the number formatting (I do for the value axis however). ...

can I use vlookup on an object (pictueres?)
I have a spec book in excel that has about 100 items. Each spec has detail data in a table that I use vlookup to get and fill in a form for the user print out. I need a way to insert a picture of the item based on a code the user inputs in a cell. really just like vlookup for pictures. A Vlookup formula can't return a picture, because pictures float over the worksheet, instead of residing in a cell. J.E. McGimpsey has some code for displaying a picture based on the contents of a cell: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html DB wrote: > I have a spec book in excel t...

Trouble converting from print to web in Publisher
I'm working on a newsletter and need to convert from print to web. When I do so, it converts my first 7 pages perfectly and then within Publisher, I have to create more pages and link the excess text (text overflow) to new text boxes on those pages. Fine, I can do that but then when I save it as an htm file and open it outside of Publisher, it only shows my very first page. Am I doing something wrong here? Please help!! That seems normal, since Publisher only will show your first page in on the HTM file. In order to get to your other pages you need to have a link from the first...

Asking for and capturing user input
Help, I'm trying to ask a question of the users of this spreadsheet and based upon the answer copy a named range into a portion of the spreadsheet. Any one have any ideas ? I'm using the Forms in lower portions to help fill out this order form, but do not see how to do the above problem. Thanks, In Advance Gregg Harris See InputBox Method in Help. "<Customer Name>" <EMailID@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:4Mjob.200616$0v4.15617669@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Help, I'm trying to ask a question of the users of this spreadsheet and &...

Cant get rid of large bottom margin when printing
I cannot stop large unprintable borders around the edge of an A4 page. Have adjusted settings in wordpad and in margins. New settings say the only border should be 0.01cm at the bottom. This has made no difference. Border is much larger at the bottom than the other sides. Any help gratefully received. That could be a limitation of your printer. Check your owner's manual. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Fangfur" <Fangfur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3BB0A9B-0FC4-439C-9809-2FCEBD6E6E4D@microsoft.com... >I cannot stop large unprint...

Controlling a PivotChart using a form
Hi, I'm trying to make a form that displays a pivot chart which reflects changes a user makes on a series of listboxes on the form. Whats the best way to go about doing this? I have 2 list boxes that will narrow the selection down (ie by 'category' and 'dates' - 'dates' being multiselection) and I have a listbox which is to select what data is shown on the pivot chart (a range of values at certain percentage levels). What I want to do is have the user pick a category, a date(s) and then a percentage amount, click a button and the pivotchart updates with the relev...

"update ta set ta.ra=1 from tablename ta" how can pass in Access
is it can be pass in the Access? how to change? thanks! update ta set col = t.col from ta,(select id,max(col) col from tb group by id) t where ta.id = t.id UPDATE ta SET col = DMAX("col" , "tb", "id=" & id ) or (untested) UPDATE ta INNER JOIN tb ON ta.id=tb.id SET ta.col = tb.col WHERE tb.col = ( SELECT MAX(col) FROM tb AS c WHERE c.id = ta.id ) A Jet query implying an aggregate (elsewhere than in a sub-query in the WHERE clause) is NOT upd...