I need an access database to track school attendance and grades

Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track
college attenance, grades, billing, etc?

Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Call me silly, but every college I know of has multi-million-$ computer
systems and canned software for that. Any college that would be using Access
for this must have a total enrollment of about 50 students. Or are you doing
this as a college class assignment?

"Lost in Alabama" wrote:

> Does anyone have a database developed in Access that can be used to track
> college attenance, grades, billing, etc?
>
> Thanks

Data Validation Help Needed urgently !!!!!!!!!!!
I am trying to write a data validation in VBA. I know I have the code right but I can't get it to work. It works fine if the validation was done dirctly in excel but I get an error when I try the same thing in VBA. Below is a snippet of the code I am having a problem with. The problem seem to be with the " Formula1:=" line. I have been scratching my head for the past 24hrs now trying to figure this out and I am still not coming up with anything. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Range("B3:C3").Select With Selection.Validation .Delete .Add Type...

Can't Access Contacts
When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be displayed. Anyone, please? Pat -- Pat Geddes "Pat Geddes" <Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Pat.Geddes.5a8bfb3@outlookbanter.com... > > When I click on contacts they are there but when I click on "TO" when > sending an email the error message is: The address list could not be > displayed. Anyone, please? > Asked and answered here HUNDREDS of times...

Outlook 2002 Voting button tracking info pblm.
Scenario - Client sent message using voting buttons. Then went to track the responses, but found it was tracking a previous message using voting buttons. Has anyone experienced this porblem, & if so what was the cause\resolution?? Tankx, Virgin Poster. ...

Combining multiple documents in Word 2007 (track changes) 03-04-10
I have used tracked changes before and can compare two documents (original and 2nd document). Can anyone tell me how to compare multiple documents? I can only get the original and one document but not multiple documents. Thanks! Do you mean when the docs open 3 files side-by-side to compare? I didn't see where you can do that, try creating a folder with the author name, since it searches by author. "Beach Lover" wrote: > I have used tracked changes before and can compare two documents (original > and 2nd document). Can anyone tell me how to compare ...

Arrgh!..Need OW Help Please
Let me preface by saying I am using this document http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/OWA_Exchange_Server_2003.html as a guide. I have not configured any SSL options yet because I can't get it to work. Trying to build Exchange 2003 Frontend/backend on my LAN. Front end is W2k3 SP1\Exchange 2003 SP1 and Backend is W2k3 SP1\Exchange 2003 (no SP1). After installing Exchange on the 2nd server (to be the new Front-end), I am able to create a mailbox in it's own store and access it via OWA from a Win2000 Pro workstation. This mailbox resides on the 2nd server's own store. I then en...

Outlook 2003 unable to access menu by right clicking on message
We have recently upgraded from Office 2002 to Office 2003 on Windows 2000 PCs. Two users are unable to right click on messages to get the menu options (junk e-mail, etc.). It was working for them initially but stopped functioning. We have tried to uninstall and run Office Clean but were unable to resolve. It seems to work if they select multiple messages at one time but cannot right click on single messages to access the menu. A hour glass flashes and nothing happens. Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have. Jenny ...

HTTP Error when accessing properties of Public Folders
Greetings.... First, thanks for the previous help I have received in this forum. ;) I will try to keep this brief, but afraid it may require more...........Exch2k Server with all service packs up to date. Moving accounts and Public Folder structure from one Exch2k server to another. Will be removing the older of the two from the domain when done. Right-click on the Public Folder to look at the properties of the folder to setup replication of the folder and get the following error message: The HTTP Service used by Public Folders is not available, possible causes are that Public Stor...

Gift database
Has anybody created or know where to find a gift databse for logging gifts bought, given? "Rspiva" <Rspiva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7473FD34-AD85-4E6F-99D4-163B7FEF0297@microsoft.com... > Has anybody created or know where to find a gift databse for logging gifts > bought, given? One might alter the "Assets" database, which is a template on the Microsoft website. IIRC, Word has a Gift template which might be useful in creating one for Access. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access ...

Access 2003 linked tables causes read-only
Hi A weird one - I have an Access 2k mdb set with linked tables. Ive opened the set under Access 2003. If the link is to the c: drive (where the functions are) all is OK, but if I put the mdb with the tables in on a net drive (eg X:\.....) the tables become read only and I can find how to stop this.. Any help anyone, please???!!?? thanks Jim McDonald What permissions do you have on the folder where the mdb has been placed? You must have Change permissions (Read, Write, eXecute and Delete) on the folder, not just the file. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele ...

Restoring Dynamics Database
Hello gurus, We are are currently working on a test server where all user security has been setup. We will be moving to the production environment and will rather not have to re-do all the user security. I know company security information and common system files are stored in the Dynamics database. My questions are these: can we simply restore the Dynamics database to production? Any risks to doing this? Besides user security, what other information is updated in Dynamics database? My main concern is, as part of testing, we have processed several transactions, closed existing...

Moving a database location
In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? robert <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 2000 my database is closing in on my hard drive's capacity. How do I move the database to a larger drive, on the same server, and still have the mailbox databases load properly? Use the property page of the database (in the Exchange System Manager) and select a new location for the file. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange...

Call database property in a control on a form and in my Switchboard variables
I have a database that I have developed for multiple units to use. For reasons that I won't go into, each unit must have an individual copy of the database to store their data. BUT the databases need to be identical. So far, annoying, but no big deal. Anyway, what I am doing is creating the master copy where I get it all correct and then I will make a copy for each unit and drop their data into it... again no big deal. BUT in order to help keep them straight, I would like to have specific labels that refer to the database property Title bc the DB is on a network buried in a file more the...

Setting the Startup Options for an Access 2007 database using VBA
Afternoon everyone, I'm trying to use the information from an MSDN page of roughly the same title (Setting Startup Options Programmatically in Access 2000, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa140020(office.10).aspx) to setup the startup options of my database. Firstly, I don't know whether this option should be placed in a module or event (like Form_Load). Secondly, I'm not too sure that I have the code correctly written down: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim dbs As CurrentProject Set dbs = Application.CurrentProject dbs.Properties....

Can access it's shared folders, but cannot access the computer directly through network
Need help from all the techies, I have a Windows XP Pro SP2 PC which is made as a server. In the network I have another 5 pc (Windows XP Pro SP2) connected to this server as workstations. From all the workstations, I am *able to open all the shared folders of the server*, but when I tried in the *Run* with *\\server*, I'd get an error saying " *access is denied.* ". I cannot gain access to the server but can open it's shared folders. I have scanned for viruses/spywares/malwares. All cleaned up, but the problem still persists. Can anyone help me? Thank you. ...

with Publisher or Office.Will I be able to access old files docume
I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. I would like to use Publisher or Office or? Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Erica wrote: > I am frustrated with my Open Office org. program for many reasons. > I would like to use Publisher or Office or? > Will I be able to access, email, documents etc files previously made on > another program if I download Publisher or Office or ? Office applications cannot open OpenDocument files. You will have to convert them to O...

Need helps about importing and etc.
I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment Overview, Installation Requirements, Terminology, Upgrading, Configuration, Import/Export, Limitations, and so on? thanks, Jay K Partner Source http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/partnersource.mspx -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "JayK" <JayK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD41CE8-6B86-45A0-A2EA-A61A91CFB482@microsoft.com... > I'm a newbie, where can i find information about RMS Setup and Deployment > Overview, Instal...

Changing database used with ODBC link
I have a excel spreadsheet containing many (we're talking thousand here!) of cells which look-up information via an ODBC link to our SQ Server database. This database has recently changed, so I need to mak every one of these queries point to a new database in the system Unfortunately the name of the database appears to be hardcoded in t each query. I have tried in vain to do a search and replace in a tex editor on the spreadsheet, but as I feared once I have done this th spreadsheet no longer opens. Is there any way to globally update the queries used? I don't fanc manually updating e...

User Defined fields should be accessible from shipping address
The current relationship does not allow for the customer to use the user defined fields from the ship to address. The reason for GP not pulling the information for the shipping address in the Customer Address Master File (RM00102) is because it is already pulling the information in the Sales Transaction Work tables (SOP10100). Unlike the billing information, the shipping address can already be seen in the SOP10100 table and this is why the table relationship between the RM00102 and SOP10100 tables is based on the Bill to Address. There should be an additional relationship so you can p...

Finding Oracle Database
Hello, I want to link Oracles tables to an Access DB but can't see them from a workstation. I can see folders on the server but the Oracle tables on a D:\ Drive. I can only see them if I logon to the server or through Remote Desktop. The Server is \\ASams3 The Files are on D:\FamousDB\Database I can login as Admin on the server. Is there a special syntax or does the server need to be configured to allow this? I need to set up a DSN. Thank you for you help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Links need to be established through oracle db engine running on server...

Tracking Tab ?? OL-2k3 w/Exch 2k3
Environment - Outlook 2k3 with Exchange 2k3 Problem - Can't seem to get any combination of tracking/read receipt options to give me the tab visibility with tracking info. Any ideas?? Where is the original sent item with tracking or voting stored? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick asked: | Environment - Outlook 2k3 with Exchange 2k3 | | Probl...

Program trying to access Outlook
I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e- mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this is? Thanks. "bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft > Se...

Need to change pic viewer in Excel
When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which causes multiple browser windows to close if viewing several linked pictures. This is an Excel newsgroup. You should post your question to a WindowsXP Pro newsgroup. HTH Otto "rgroff" <rgroff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:46469ECB-F3B4-4F33-9FAC-8496239F14C2@microsoft.com... > When I was running XP Home I could open a link to a picture in Windows FAX > viewer. But in running XP Pro the picture opens in IE which...

Cannot access public folders from System Manager
I can't access the public folders using the Exchange System Manager, the error that I get says that it is not implemented(error 501). We had a limited number of folders when we had Ex5.5 and now we have migrated to Ex2K3. We have not had to use them up to now and users that used the public folders can still access them via Outlook. How can I correct this? I need to do this to integrate our new agency management system with email. Hi Frank, About Error 501,pls check this KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;839744 -- Jammyù�ٴ� "Frank" <Frank@d...

Can I open a word 2002 document in Access 2003 for edit?
Hi I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? Stapes Have you tried it? Seems reasonable to test you problem and ask for help if it doesn't work correctly. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stapes" wrote: > Hi > > I have an application that does this in Access 2003, but I need to do > it with Access 2002 and Word 2002. Is there a way to do it? > > Stapes > ...

pst-File access is denied Office XP
I am unable to import my personal file folder. The dialog box says "File access is denied. You do not have permission required to access the file.pst. I exported it using the wizard. I never protected it with a password. The problem was noticed after I reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled Office XP. Please Help!!!!! jaynkelley@hotmail.com Make sure the file is on a read/write medium and that the Read Only file property is not selected. Then connect to the file by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting ...