I have 2 Access DB with linked tables

In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and
tblHardwareRequest.  I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two
seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that
must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another
dept. for further action.

My Need:
I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2
is ProDate (i.e projected dated).  Sorry for the long explaination.  Any
assistance will be highly appreciated!

With regards,
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Sokan33 wrote:
> In DB 1 is frmTokenDelivery and in DB 2 are tblImageBuild and
> tblHardwareRequest.  I link to the tables from DB1. The DBs belongs to two
> seperate departments. The two departments perform seperate operations that
> must be completed before hardware is delivered to the user or to another
> dept. for further action.
>
> My Need:
> I want to display a date in DB 2 on frmTokenDelivery in DB 1. Field in DB 2
> is ProDate (i.e projected dated).  Sorry for the long explaination.  Any
> assistance will be highly appreciated!
>
> With regards,

I'm not sure I understand your problem exactly, but the following
example might give you some syntax clues:

I created the following query:

qryGetProDate:
SELECT * FROM [M:\Databases\DB2.mdb].tblImageBuild INNER JOIN
[M:\Databases\DB2.mdb].tblHardwareRequest ON tblImageBuild.HID =
tblHardwareRequest.HID ORDER BY tblImageBuild.HID,
tblHardwareRequest.DeliveryDate;

Then behind frmTokenDelivery:

Public Sub txtDeliveryDate_AfterUpdate()
txtProjectedDate.Value = DLookup("Max(tblHardwareRequest.ProDate)",
"qryGetProDate", "tblHardwareRequest.DeliveryDate = #" &
Me!txtDeliveryDate.Value & "#")
End Sub

I changed the value of the DeliveryDate textbox.  The ProjectedDate
textbox filled in the value it found.  Note that the code should not
have any line wrap.  What I actually ran used First instead of Max so I
needed the ORDER BY in the query to ensure the order I wanted.  I hope
this helps.

James A. Fortune
MPAPoster@FortuneJames.com
0
James

Linked Graphs
I have a workbook which contains several worksheets which are used to calculate information for a report. The report pages are the first couple of worksheets formatted and which contain graphs linked to data on other worksheets within the workbook. I wish to make a stand alone version of my report, capable of being Emailed. I can copy the report pages to a new workbook, and then replace the formulas with values without issue. I can then delete all the names thus removing more references to the source workbook - however now my problems arises. The graphs which copy across and look the same, a...

parsing a date and time field #2

not able to link chart points from same series
I'm working on a chart that pull information from several pages. Tha table is able to plot information correctly in the graph but I can't seem to link the dots on the chart with a line. Everytime I try a linear chart or a scatered chart with smoth lines, the lines start from the x axis and reach the dot rather than connecting dots from the same series. suggestions would be greatly appreciated. If the points are not in the same series (i.e., the data source is from different sheets, not a single summary sheet), you will never link them. If you have gaps, true actual blanks (n...

The Links from e-mails don't work
If I copy the links and insert it into IE 8 it reads it. Trying to link over from an e-mail directly is not working. If I copy the link and go to IE 8.0 the link (URL address) works. It was working before. pgman27 You mean if you click on the link in a message it does nothing, not even an error message? Are you certain IE has all its defaults? Open the Default Programs applet, which you can access either from the Start menu or via the Control Panel, then click the first item: "Set your default programs." After a few seconds, a list of programs comes up. Click on...

I want year in one table to be less or equal year in another table
Hi I have some problems writing a query and I hope someone can help me. I have a database with serveal tables. In one table I have this information, Lake ID-number, treatment, year for treatment. In another table I have Lake ID-number, fish species (I am intrested in pike), year when pike is present. I want to find all lakes that have pike present before the treatment was done, I want the year in the second table to me less or equal the year in the first table. Is there a easy way to do this? Thanks Try something like this substituting your table and field names. S...

Double Counting in Pivot Tables
I need help :( The data in my spreadsheet is organized as shown below with each numbe representing a column 1. Customer Name 2. Name of Customer's Company 3. Name of specific project with customer (for simplicity think Projec x, Project y...) 4. Internal Consultant assigned to specific engagement (Jim, Jane...) 5. Customer satisfaction rating with our company (Good, Very Good...) My problem is that I need to sort the data in various ways and I a running into a double counting issue. For example, three interna consultants may be assigned to Project x and the customer satisfactio r...

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

linking worksheets #3
I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way to link ranges or worksheets to others. Hi just link the first cell e.g. ='sheet1'!A1 and copy this formula for your range. The reference will adapt automatically -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany j van c wrote: > I know ho to link cells to oher cells. But is there a convenient way > to link ranges or worksheets to others. ...

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Link and Embed in 2003
Using the Insert>Picture>From File comand we can use either the 'insert' or 'link to file' command to insert a picture. During our development we prefer to link pictures then when completed save the .ppt with all pictures embedded. 1. When pictures are in slides during design is it possible to tell if the picture is linked or embedded? 2. Is there a way to embed any/all linked pictures when the slide presentation is completed without going to each slide and reinserting the picture as 'insert' Cheers! -- Blumburg In article <07E6153F-5D...

Publishing Layout and tables
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to copy and paste text from one cell of a table to another cell in the same table. The document is in Publishing Layout. The paste command deletes the text in the destination cell and then places a big empty text box on top of the table. I do dozens of these documents that are primarily tables and graphics. Previously I used Publisher on my old PC. Should I go back, or can this be done in Word for the mac? Hello, On 2010.01.29 8:44 AM, in article 59bb1ce2.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Toni_T@officefor...

Macro

help with dynamic tables

Querying multiple records in two tables