Hyperlink control

Is it possible to have a control hyperlink to open a specific worksheet in an
excell file.  I tried adding #'wksName' to the hyperlink properties but that
gave me an invalid reference error opening excel.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Outlook smtp activity control
Hi there! Is there any way to control smtp activity of MSOutlook 2000/XP? I wish to recive simple report about sent messages (topic, attachment's name, time etc.). There is no MSExchange server, or any other on-site smtp server to control it unfortunatelly. Can MSO generate such reports? -- Grendel Grendel <antispam@op.pl> wrote: > Is there any way to control smtp activity of MSOutlook 2000/XP? I > wish to recive simple report about sent messages (topic, attachment's > name, time etc.). There is no MSExchange server, or any other on-site > smtp server to contr...

Filtering Hyperlinks
Good day, I've linked excel data to a map. When I click the hyperlink (state) on the map it will highlight the cells I referenced. I would also like this data to filter. So, my question is - is there a way to setup auto filters to links. Example: If I have data in cells 1 - throught 1000, and I have a hyperlink on a map to hightlight cells 3, 6 9, 100, 1000 - is there a way I can develop a formula where only the data shows related to that hyperlink ...

Word changing hyperlinks from relative to absolute
Hi, I have a problem with Word 2007. When I insert relative hyperlinks in a Word document to other files they keep changing from relative to absolute. I think it happens when I select File|Save As. I now have a document with hundreds of hyperlinks in it that will not work when the Word file and its hyperlinked files are moved into a different folder. With the field codes showing I have done a find and replace to remove the file path from the hyperlink, but when I check the hyperlink edit window it still shows the full path. Is there any way to change all these hyperlinks back t...

Combine 2 presentations w/o losing hyperlinks?
I have 2 large presentations, each has hyperlinks within the presentation. Each pres also hyperlinks to the other. How can I package the 2 files so the hyperlinks are intact? Using ppt2007. I know I've done this before using ppt 2000 or 2002 but I can't remember how. In article <42C095B5-FBAD-4065-BA8D-1075E2D422FC@microsoft.com>, Srpd wrote: > I have 2 large presentations, each has hyperlinks within the presentation. > Each pres also hyperlinks to the other. How can I package the 2 files so the > hyperlinks are intact? Using ppt2007. I know I've done th...

Controlling A Window 7 Box From XP
Hi, Is it possible to control a Windows 7 box (a media server) from an XP box? The XP laptop acts as the keyboard and monitor for the Windows 7 box over a wireless LAN. It would be helpful if the Windows 7 box boots in the needed state. Thanks, Gary If no answer here try the Win7 forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/w7itpro "Abby Brown" <abbybrown@charter.net> wrote in message news:eCZWYmqTLHA.784@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Is it possible to control a Windows 7 box (a media server) from an XP box? >...

How do you add event handlers for controls generated with xsl?
For ASP.Net/C Sharp I have an XML file and an associated XSL file. I am using the System.Web.UI.Controls.Xml control to render the resulting HTML. This seems to work fine with one slight drawback. I cannot seem to find a way to attach to the events generated by controls generated by the XSL transformation. I have tried the FindControl on the page, but it does not find the control. There must be something I am doing wrong because I connat seem to find the answer. Any assistance with this will be greatly appreciated. ================================================================== The f...

Controlling a WHERE with a checkbox
I have a query like: SELECT tbl1.fiel, tbl1.field FROM ((tbl1 LEFT JOIN tbl3 ON tbl1.coID = tbl3.ID) LEFT JOIN tbl2 ON tbl1.field= tbl2.field) LEFT JOIN tbl4 ON tbl3.ID = tbl4.field WHERE ((tbl4.field) Is Null) I would like to do the following. When Forms!Form1.checkbox is checked, then the WHERE clause is applied When Forms!Form1.checkbox is NOT checked, then there is no WHERE restriction How do I rewrite the SQL to do that? Thank you, John SELECT tbl1.fiel, tbl1.field FROM ((tbl1 LEFT JOIN tbl3 ON tbl1.coID = tb...

Assigning a Hyperlink to a Macro
I am using Excel 2003. Is it possible to assign a hyperlinked cell to a macro within the same workbook? Paul Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. What should happen exactly? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:DB4AD3A6-F6E2-4F4B-9898-21E01E010624@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2003. > > Is it possible to assign a hyperlinked cell to a macro within the same > workbook? > > Paul when you select the hyperlink, the macro would run. "Frank Kabel" ...

Subform shows over control set to bring to front.
I have a text box and a rectangle filled in. I also have a subform that I wish to be behind the text box and rectangle until called. Subform is set modal=no, popup=no. Problem is: Even sending subform to back and controls to front....the subform always shows through. Is there a way to resolve? Or do I have to make all subforms invisible until called? -- Thanks for your help, Chris ...

Tooltps for controls over groupbox in dialog/view.
When I placed controls over groupbox in a dialog/View. (Message TTN_NEEDTEXT handled, overridden OnToolHitTest function). If groupbox id is IDC_STATIC what ever be the tab order tool tips are coming. when I change group box id to other than IDC_STATIC tool tips are coming only if all controls placed over group box have less tab order than that of group box. What is the reason for this behaviour? I have a requirement where group box (id will not be IDC_STATIC) will have background color( fills entire group box area), in this case we need tool tips also. When all controls over group box have ...

hyperlink for mac
hi! can anyone give me step-by-step instructions on how to create a hyperlink to a page (tab) in my excel worksheet? i use a mac. in fact, a mac laptop specifically. so i need to click ctrl then the mouse tab to right click, for example. here's what i want: on sheet 1, i write "more information on sheet 16." then "sheet 16" is a hyperlink to that page (tab), which is sheet 16. the reader can click on "sheet 16" in the text to go to sheet 6 instead of scrolling at the bottom of the page to find sheet 16. Select the cell in Sheet 1, type CMD-K to ins...

Outlook launches a new Instance of Explorer by clicking each hyperlink
How can I get Outlook 2003 to reuse the existing instance of Explorer instead of launching a new window each time? ...

control autocorrect
I have lost of AutoCorrect shortcuts in Excel 2003. On ocassion I will type in an autocorrect shortcut and no want the autocorrect to occur. In Word all you have to do is press the Undo icon and the entry reverts back to the un-autocorrected entry. When you do this in Excel it simply removes the entry altogether. Question: Is there any way to enter an item that is on the autocorrect list and not have the autocorrect work short of turning off autocorrect before entering the item? Thanks, Will I have a solution to undoing autocorrect in Excel. 1. Before typing anything into...

Restrictions to hyperlinks
I have created a basic hyperlink to send a mail. Is it possible to make a restriction that the hyperlink can no be activated if a cell is not filled or a check box is not marked? Thanks! -- AndyOne ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AndyOne's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=20217 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385577 I don't think so. But maybe you could replace the hyperlink with a button that executes a macro that does all your validation and then goes off on the...

Ribbon: Controling Which Tab Shows With Each Form
Need a way other than using Sendkeys in the Form_Activate event. To display a certain ribbon tab with a particular form. Using the keyboard Alt key shows the keyboard shortcut to click individual ribbon tabs. When the ribbon is loaded a ribbon object is created which allows you to invalidate the ribbon or a control on it. Contextual Tab's is not the answer because 4 of the 5 TAB's on the Ribbon have groups of forms that should have a specific ribbon Tab displayed. -- Thanks Tom Tom, Have a look at www.accessribbon.com maybe you can find an answer there... -- Maurice Ausum ...

Unexpected WM_MOUSEMOVE after double click in list control
Hello I have a view with two child windows. One of them is a list control and the other is a CWnd derived class (my own control). Both list and my control have the same size and position but only one of them is visible at the time. For example, when I double click the list item the list hides itself and my control shows up. All this happens inside WM_NOTIFY event handler (NM_DBLCLK). So the list of events goes like this: - double click event handler goes off - list hides itself - my control shows up (here's the end of NM_DBLICK event handler call) - on mouse move event handler goes off...

Film strip control
Is there a film strip control for MFC? If so, which one would you recommend? What do you mean by Film strip, what does a film strip control do? AliR. "Charles Tam" <CharlesTam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:323F5284-11E5-4E2D-99A7-D6869B6D6739@microsoft.com... > Is there a film strip control for MFC? If so, which one would you > recommend? If you're looking for something like: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/web-image/CatalogViewPhotoGallery.aspx?df=100&forumid=226590&exp=0&select=1487087 I've never seen one, but there is...

Hyperlink #3
The user wants to have a Table of Contents hyperlink when she saves her Publisher document as PDF. Is this possible, and if so, how is it done? Does she need a particular version of either Publisher or Adobe? TIA! Can anyone respond to this? "Brenda Rueter" <bkrueteNOSPAM@michigan.gov> wrote in message news:ev6aeimsGHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > The user wants to have a Table of Contents hyperlink when she saves her > Publisher document as PDF. Is this possible, and if so, how is it done? > Does she need a particular version of either Publisher or Adobe? TI...

How do I stop warning messages everytime i open a hyperlink?
Just a short description of your software and your problem might just help us try to help you. The actual text of the error message often gives the odd clue to the problem. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? ...

Why does Publisher 2003 makes all hyperlinks "active content?"
All hyperlinks created in Publisher 2003 are blocked by Internet Explorer as scripts or ActiveX controls, even links to picture files or other pages in a web site. I don't understand why this is happening. Greg Brownell wrote: > All hyperlinks created in Publisher 2003 are blocked by Internet Explorer as > scripts or ActiveX controls, even links to picture files or other pages in a > web site. I don't understand why this is happening. Are you viewing the file on your computer or on the web? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org I am viewing the we...

looking for tab control in ASP.NET
Hi, I'm looking for a nice tab control in ASP.NET. I have seen the tab control MS user in their CRM and it was really impressive. Does anybody know where to find a good one? Something like the Internet Explorer WebControls but probably "still supported". Thank you for your help Daniel Try: http://www.asp.net/IEWebControls/Download.aspx?tabindex=0&tabid=1 You will have to compile the web controls now (previous incarnations included a compiled version). I imagine that the tab control will be an intregal part of the next version of ASP.NET, so the MS version (at the a...

Tree Control bug in CPropertyPage on XP???
I have a CTreeCtrl in a CPropertyPage on XP... everything using themes. I noticed that if I popup a window over the tree control and then click on the tree control itself, all sorts of funky painting problems happen with the tree control. After ripping my hair out, I noticed that if I remove the TVS_DISABLEDRAGDROP style, it starts painting correctly again, but then I get the weird drag/drop behavior that is all funky. Anyway to disable the drag & drop and have things paint correctly? Even if I put WS_CLIPCHILDREN on the CPropertyPage, it still doesn't fix the problem. ...

Qucik Access Toolbar not showing custom controls
Hi All, I'm having a problem with the QAT in access 07 I'm trying to add custom buttons via XML, and not having any luck. I can populate the QAT with IDMSO controls, but when I use a custom id button it doesn't show in the QAT bar. Below is a sample code I have been working with, the Copy and Paste buttons will show up but not the Test button. <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/ customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="true"> <qat> <documentControls> <button id="Test1" label=&q...

Problem with transform XSL that incude asp.net controls and validation controls!!!!
Please help me. I have problem with transform xml Protected WithEvents GeneralXMLWeb As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Xml Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load Dim xmldoc As New XmlDocument() xmldoc=result of Function() * GeneralXMLWeb.Document = xmldoc Dim treeView As XslTransform = New XslTransform() treeView.Load(Server.MapPath("file.xslt")) GeneralXMLWeb.Transform = treeView ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- ("file.xslt&qu...

Custom owner-drawn controls
Hi guys! I'm having a bit of trouble with my owner-drawn custom controls in MFC. If there are other control on top of my custom controls, they are hidden. How can I fix this? Should I use GetNextWindow in OnPaint and tell all the controls to draw themselves? Or is there another way? or maybe i'm doing something wrong here... Any idea appreciated, Thanks What do you mean by other controls on top of my control? Sibiling controls should not overlap each other, if a control is supposed to overlap another control, then the control that is on top should be a child of the control bel...