how to update the table, without closing the current form?

Hi, I have data setting as below:T: a talbeF: a form, whose data source is the table TID: a field in table TID_Text: a text box in form F, and it's control source is the field ID in table TNow, the form F is open.I realize that, usually, when the ID is changed by editing ID_Text, the table T won't be updated until form F is closed.So, my question is, how to change the ID field value in table T, as soon as the ID_Text is modified, and without having to close form F?Thanks a lot!
0
Yue
3/14/2007 8:25:21 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You could add an event to the ID_Text field in teh Form.  An After Update even would fire after the value was changed.  Set the event procedure to do something like:DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecord, , acMenuVer70(Note that is the same basic code that is created if you create a Save Record command button.)  The record will then save immediatly to the table after the field is updated.-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Yue Zhao" <yuezhao@bu.edu> wrote in message news:uQYckbnZHHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Hi, I have data setting as below:>> T: a talbe> F: a form, whose data source is the table T> ID: a field in table T> ID_Text: a text box in form F, and it's control source is the field ID in > table T>> Now, the form F is open.>> I realize that, usually, when the ID is changed by editing ID_Text, the > table T won't be updated until form F is closed.> So, my question is, how to change the ID field value in table T, as soon > as the ID_Text is modified, and without having to close form F?>> Thanks a lot!
0
David
3/14/2007 10:14:08 PM
use Acces Data Projects so you don't have random locking problemsyou can't even run SQL against a record that's being displayed in MDBwithout causing all sorts of problemsOn Mar 14, 1:25 pm, Yue Zhao <yuez...@bu.edu> wrote:> Hi, I have data setting as below:>> T: a talbe> F: a form, whose data source is the table T> ID: a field in table T> ID_Text: a text box in form F, and it's control source is the field ID> in table T>> Now, the form F is open.>> I realize that, usually, when the ID is changed by editing ID_Text, the> table T won't be updated until form F is closed.> So, my question is, how to change the ID field value in table T, as soon> as the ID_Text is modified, and without having to close form F?>> Thanks a lot!
0
aaron

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

[ANN] Office 11.3.8 update

Worksheet Auto update
I need to find a way to automate a process. Is there a way to automatically replace the content of a worksheet with the content of another one? Every morning I get a sales report in excel for the previous day sales. I save it in a folder and then I do a pivot table on this sheet to determine sales by product category for example. The following day, I open the previous day file, replace the sales report with the new one and then refresh my pivot table. Is there a way to have my sales report update anytime I get a new sales report? To be more clear I have a workbook with two tabs: Pivot...

Table link documentation

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

About Exit and close window.
Group, I have a dialogue base application. There's an Exit button in it. Eachtime when exit the program by clicking Exit button, fun() and OnOK() executed, but if the window is close by clicking (x) on the upper-right coner, fun() will not be executed. How to make this function--fun()--executed when click (x) button on the upper-right coner? Thanks. Rather than calling your fun() from the Exit event handler, call it from the dialog closing event handler, so that no matter how it is shut down, that method is called, and so is fun(). hope that helps. Dan. "sxy7711" <sxy771...

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Updating a chart Automatically

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

Money Updates #2

How to receive photos sent to me without having to click on them
I have just started using Outlook 2007. I am unable to receive photos in the text email message. They all come as attachments. I cannot find any settings to allow direct insertion of photos into the email text message area. Help Please..... Outlook doesn't support inline images. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.asp for options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...