How to update a specific field from a Find Duplicates querie

I have to update 1 table that has multiple duplications.  If i search for
duplicate on Field1, Field2, and Field3 all matching, i receive many
duplicates where Field4 and Field 5 are different and/or Null.  What do i
need to do to the query so that Field4 and Field5 will be automatically
updated when the duplicate is found?

Current:
Field1     Field2     Field3     Field4     Field5
Mike       Smith      1234      KEEP
Mike       Smith      1234      DELETE      9012

Desire result:
Field1     Field2     Field3     Field4     Field5
Mike       Smith      1234      KEEP      9012
(and the other row deleted)

is this possible?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Updating/keeping account names
Don't know if I can explain this better, but when updating, how do I keep the same vendor/description name. For example, today, when updating, I had an ATM withdrawel of $50 listed. Instead of that showing reconciled, it took the same amount of $50 that regulary gets taken out from my bank and showed that to be reconciled instead. ...

Dynamic Table Should Always Maintain Borders When Data Is Updated
Dynamic Table Should Always Maintain Borders An Alignment When Data Is Updated Included in the Cases in Which The Updated Cells Were Previously Formatted And Customized By The User ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/communi...

Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After updating to 10.1.6, some fonts are missing (KidPrint, Lucida handwriting, etc.) Any ideas? --B_3182711903_8674241 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Office X 10.1.6 Update: Fonts missing?</TITLE> </HEAD> <BODY> <FON...

Find Next Row With No Value In It
I've got this nextrow = Cells.Find(what:="*", searchdirection:=xlPrevious, searchorder:=xlByRows).Row + 1 Cells(nextrow, 1).Select which will find nextrow with nothing in it and select cell in Col A, but now I've got formulas in the cells, so instead of finding the next row with nothing in it, I want to find the next row with no value - even if it's got a formula in it. Can I do this by amending what's in the what:="*" part of this code? It's always better to include all the parms for .find(). If you don't, then you're at ...

Updating PO Line Qtys should not remove existing AA with 100% Assi
Assuming AA is setup and you have at least 1 Dimension linked to an Account, and that Dimension has a Dimension Code attached. 1. Go into PO Entry 2. Enter a line item 3. Go into Purchasing Item Detail entry and make sure your Inventory Account is an account linked to your AA Class and therefore Dimension. 4. Enter AA information against this account on the PO - using the default of 100% Assignment. 5. Return back to the PO Entry window. 6. Change the Qty on the PO Line to be 1 greater (or less). Press tab to move off the field. Actual Result: The already assigned AA data for that line...

Advanced find
In advance find a customer wishes to know how many of each product an account has ordered. The Order lines, Quote Lines, Invoice Lines are not available as output entities. Therefore no reporting on advanced find is avaiable. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Export to Text Files Based on Field Value
I have an Access table with personal information (e.g., first name, last name, birth date, etc.) for thousands of people. The table is sorted by state. I want to be able to run a macro on that table that will create separate pipe delimited text files for each state with all fields included. Any help would be appreciated? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/201005/1 Instead of exporting the table, export a query based on the table. You will have to have some code that loops through the states and modifies the quer...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

How to combine two identically structured tables to query them
Hi, I am sure there is a way that you can have a query that effectively takes two separate tables that have the identical column layout and add them together and then perofrm a query on the combined set of data. I just can't remember how to do it. My reason for need in this is that I have a table called "SellerNumbers" that has 4 million rows of data in it and what I want to do to improve performance is archive the oldest 2 years worth of data to an identical table called "SellerNumbersArchive", however the users want to be able to occasionaly run quer...

Count Based on Comparison with Two Fields
I recently learned that I can count the number of items in one column that match items in another column by using: =COUNT(MATCH( 'Sheet1'!G2:G15001, 'Sheet2'!A2:A15, 0)) However, I now need to count records on one sheet in which TWO fields match items in both of two separate columns (i.e., a comparison of two columns to two columns and a count of records in the first that have fields matching elements in the second) . My attempt to use the above statement with an AND failed. Can someone explain how to do this? Hi I would suggest that you post a before a...

Outlook Find a Phrase
I'm searching my archive for an email with a particular phrase but getting emails that have not got the exact phrase being found. Outlook searches any word in any sequence and not even whole words. Is there a way to only look for whole word at fit the phrase I've typed in the "look for" field. i.e. "the quick brown fox" -- Regards ...

Specific Age Query for a Date Range
Table = Personal Field = Birthdate I need to create a query to show who is of a certain age for January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008. For example, I need to know who will be 50, 60, 65, 70 and 75. I would like to create the query so that when I click the query to open it, I have to input the age. I've done other queries to show who is of a specific age as of today: AgeYears: DateDiff("yyyy",[Birthdate],Date())-IFF(Format([Birthdate],"mmdd")>Format(Date(),"mmdd",1,0), with criteria of [Age in Years] ... but I cannot figure out how to pull a report...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

duplicate messages #3
Each time I click "send/receive", the same two email messages are sent to my inbox. If i clik three times, the two messages will drop into my inbox for a total of six messages! Understand, i do not have "save messages on the server" selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled outlook twice with to no avail? Suggestions? Happens to me too. My ISP said it is poorly written spam that fails to complete sending properly, so Outlook times out without completing the task of downloading including recognising what has already been downloaded and what has not. Why can&#...

Simple update Query
Hi, I'm sure I've done this in the past but can't figure how. I have 2 tables "A" and "B" both with the following fields Town; Council I want to update Table "A"'s Council field with the Council information in table "B" Could someone please give me the SQL code to do this. Thanks in advance UPDATE TableA INNER JOIN TableB ON TableA.Town = TableB.Town SET TableA.Council = TableB.Council. IF you can only do this using design view -- Open a new query -- Select the two tables -- Set up a join by dragging from town to town -- add the Cou...

Query to delete characters to the right of a decimal point
I need to write a query to help me clean up some letter codes in my database. The codes could have any of the following formats... XY001.01 AP002 SDFJ003.01 JUOI005 I would like the query to return everything to the left of the decimal point, so the data returned would look like this... XY001 AP002 SDFJ003 JUOI005 Thanks in advance for your help. -- Leslie M But didn't you give an example that has NO period in it? One way to approach this would be to use an IIF() statement that checks for a ".", perhaps something like: NewField: IIF(InStr([YourCode],".")...

Programmatically creating a pass-through query
Hi, Is there a way to programmatically create pass-through query in Access 2003? Sub test () Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Dim qdfs As QueryDefs Dim qdf As QueryDef strSQL ="Some pass-through SQL statement here" Set db = CurrentDb Set qdfs = db.QueryDefs Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("qry_PassThru", strSQL) qdf.SQL = strSQL End Sub But the code about will not create a pass-through query, Access thinks it is a regular Access query. Is there a way to specify ...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

duplicate records 10-26-05
Hi, How can i make a field as primary? For Example: in the account record, can i make the account name as Priamry. How can we control duplicate records in CRM? like cases, contacts, accounts etc. Do we need any customization? What tools can we use to accomplish this? Thanks Dev In CRM 1.2 you can not change the primary field and there is no duplicate checking. There are 3rd party tools that can do searches for duplicates and let you merge them, but nothing really effective at preventing duplicate records. For CRM 3.0 there is an example in the SDK of how to create a custom duplicat...

Using VBA to find a value and select a range
I am trying to write a macro that will let me find a specific vale in a specific column, then select part of the row that the value is in, beginnign with a column 31 cells away from the column that the specific value is in. Someone suggested to me that I use an IF statement, but this is all I know about that: IF [value in column B] is “Grand Total” Then select from column AF to the end of the array in that row and copy it and paste a transpose of the values starting in cell I9 of worksheet X. What is the best way for me to accomplish this goal? Does this macro do what you...

Posting to Public Folder-VIEW--the FROM field
When I post to a public folder, and click VIEW--the FROM field is grayed out. This worked in Outlook 2000. Are there any work-arounds? ...

Windows XP updates not successful
I am continually getting told by XP (Service Pack 3) that updates are ready for my computer. When I try and install them, I get this: "The following updates were not installed: KB971486, KB969059, KB958869." I went through my Windows Update history, and the first update that was unsuccessful was KB971486. So I downloaded this update to try and install it manually (with the "WindowsXP-KB931784-x86-ENU.exe" /o command), and I got a message saying that "Setup has detected that the Service Pack version of this system is newer than the update you are applying...

Create/Update Excel Objects in Power Point
I developed an add-in in Power Point 97, 2000, XP and 2003 for creating Excel charts/tables and being able to update them. The code I used is below: Dim PPT_CHRT As OLEFormat Dim PPT_SLD As Slide 'ADD a chart/table PPT_SLD.Shapes.AddOLEObject Left:=var_chrt_L, Top:=var_chrt_T, Width:=var_chrt_W, Height:=var_chrt_H, ClassName:="Excel.Chart.8", Link:=msoFalse Set PPT_CHRT = PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).OLEFormat PPT_SLD.Shapes(var_SHP_count_no).Select 'EDIT chart/table Set PPT_SLD = ActivePresentation.Slides(var_SHP_SLD_no) Set PPT_CHRT...

Never ending Updating your accounts
Hi, I upgraded my money to Plus Home and Business (v17). Since then I can not use the software because it always "updating your accounts" I already done couple repairs of the money file, removed all items from home page. I do not really want to delete all my bills. Is there anything I can do else to stop this. This is some kind of bug that money folks should repair ASAP. Are you getting a message that money is updating accounts? I am having a problem when inputing a deposit or payment scheduled for about a month in advance. When the entry is made money freezes and I have ...

New DB Query problem
In Excel 2002, when I go to Data-Import External Data-New Database Query, I get a "Choose Data Source" window that displays many items including Oracle, dBase Files, Excel Files, and MS Access Database. However, when another user logs onto the same PC and tries the same process they don't see any of those files listed. Instead, they only see Oracle listed. Does anyone know why this might be happening? Thanks! Probably because the rights to those other Databases are assigned by username from the MIS dept. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "D.P. Roberts [MCSE,MCSD,MCDBA]&...