Hi

I developed an Access 2007 db to a client. Now I want to make a year
based licence for that database that the client must pay if they want
to continue using the database after year. It must be so that database
cannot be used after this date. How I can accomplish this? Thanks!
0
Sandroid
4/12/2010 8:14:17 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:14:17 -0700 (PDT), Sandroid
<santeri.virtanen@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>
>I developed an Access 2007 db to a client. Now I want to make a year
>based licence for that database that the client must pay if they want
>to continue using the database after year. It must be so that database
>cannot be used after this date. How I can accomplish this? Thanks!

Tony Toews has given this issue a lot or thought:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/demo.htm

Do note that as a desktop application, pretty much any database can be hacked
if the client is sufficiently expert, skilled, and determined (or rich enough
to hire someone sufficiently expert and skilled).
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
<jvinson@STOP_SPAM.WysardOfInfo.com> wrote:

And that expert be sufficiently sleezy to take the job.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>On Mon, 12 Apr 2010 13:14:17 -0700 (PDT), Sandroid
><santeri.virtanen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I developed an Access 2007 db to a client. Now I want to make a year
>>based licence for that database that the client must pay if they want
>>to continue using the database after year. It must be so that database
>>cannot be used after this date. How I can accomplish this? Thanks!
>
>Tony Toews has given this issue a lot or thought:
>
>http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/demo.htm
>
>Do note that as a desktop application, pretty much any database can be hacked
>if the client is sufficiently expert, skilled, and determined (or rich enough
>to hire someone sufficiently expert and skilled).
0
Tom

MSOffice 2007 MVL Licence vs. Retail Licence
Hello all, I work in a company which is lucky enough to be part of the MVL scheme. I have recently installed 2 copies of MSOffice Standard accross my network using the software provided by the scheme (From the office suites and applications disk) and used the MVL licence key for our company to activate them. Since then we have purchased 2 boxed copies of MSOffice 2007 Standard - Retail edition which we were going to use to replace the licence keys used from the MVL. I have gone into regedit and attempted to use the new key from the boxed retail version but it comes up sayin...

charity licence?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there a charity licence version of Office for Mac (2008 or 2004)? Non-profits are allowed to buy the Home and Student 2008 version, I believe (which does lack some commercial features such as Exchange). Not sure about the 2004 Student/Teacher version. katy_jp@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: intel > > Is there a charity licence version of Office for Mac (2008 or 2004)? > > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader...

Move an exchange 2003 to new server and licence problem
Hello, I need to move my exchange server 2003 SP1 (It's the first and single server) from a DC (owner of all fsmo) to a new member server under Windows 2003 SP1. - What are the best steps ? - I an another question about licence. I have only one standard licence for Exchange 2003. Can i use the same licence temporarily to move the server. ? is it possible .? my steps : - first, installing the new server 2003 SP1. - next, installing exchange on the new server and join the organisation. --> can i use the same licence ? - next, installing the SP2 on the new server exchange --> ...

CRM 3.0 Licence
Hi, I have a potential new customer for crm 3.0. I asked for commercial information about licence, and i received info about two type of licences: "CRM Professional cal 3.0 PUP MLP User cal" and "CRM Professional cal 3.0 MLP User cal". Their prices are very different but i don't know why!! can somebody help me please? Thanks Ale "ALESSANDRA" <ALESSANDRA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D68C4ED3-A7ED-40EE-A699-7BC1EE732195@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I have a potential new customer for crm 3.0. I asked for commercial > inform...

transfer licence?
Hi, Does anyone know if Microsoft allows you to transfer the licence key (for say Vista) to another computer if the the first computer becomes irreparably damaged? I'm guessing no, but can anyone confirm? Thanks, Jim jarsek wrote: > Does anyone know if Microsoft allows you to transfer the licence > key (for say Vista) to another computer if the the first computer > becomes irreparably damaged? > > I'm guessing no, but can anyone confirm? Not enough information. There are several different license types (like OEM, Retail, Volume, etc.) an...

Doubts about number of licences to acquire
Hello, we are planning to acquire MSCRM and we have some doubts about licensing posibilities. We have a 20 persons call center department with 2 differents schedule, so never 20 persons is connected at the same time, also some The question is: Will we need to buy 20 user licences althought only 10 users are connected to server at the same time? or there is any possibility to use 10 licences for our call center department. Thanks! Every user needs to have a license. You cannot share licenses between users even though they may be logged in at different times etc. -- John O'Donnell Mi...

Windows office licences, can they be used on mac office?
Hello, i work in a high school where we recently changed 20 machines over the mac minis and purchased mac office, we installed using one licence key as we were advised this would be okay from our mac representative. The problem is that when more than one user runs office, we get a duplicate licence error. any ideas? My other though was that we recently purchased 20 windows office 2003 licences for use on the machines that have just been replaced by mac minis, so in effect we have 20 spare licences, can these be used with the macs, if so how would i go about this? Any help on this situation ...

Upgrade licence key error
Hi all, We started with CRM 4.0 using a trial licence key. As we are MSDN subscribers we had a workgroup licence key for CRM. When we tried to upgrade it dit not work. This is described in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/947272 So we re-installed CRM and imported the organization as described in the article. It worked fine. Now we are certified partner and received a Professional CRM licence. Again the upgrade does not work. We receive the error message: The license code entered is not valid for upgrade. Make sure you have entered the license code correctly, and then try again Upgrad...

Licence question 02-14-10
Hi, I just bought a new laptop to replace my old one since it had some faluts. For this reason I would like to install office 2007. I know that you can install ms office in 3 pcs, which I already have, my question is: If I uninstal office from my old PC, can i install ut in my new PC or should I buy office again. I dont want that my licence is catalogued as pirate. The answer depends on which edition of Office 2007 you have now. If you have Home and Student, you can install it on three computers. If you have Professional, I believe it is one desktop and one laptop. If it i...

Licence?
Hi, I am creating an access database to keep employee details and track employee issues on various work sites. This database is intended to be used by only one person using a laptop. Is there a way to prevent this database from been copied and used on other computers? ie some kind of licencing. I was thinking of writing code using the computer name as a measure to do this? Im not sure how to go about it,maybe Im going in the wrong direction. does anyone have any ideas? Thanks david Hi You cannot really stop someone copying and pasteing the db elsewhere. You could have a function ru...

Change licenced name in office
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) A friend gave me his computer and I can�t change the "licenced name" of the office (sorry for my bad english).. How can i do to change it? Thanks... In article <59b77864.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, <Mikesierra@officeformac.com> wrote: > A friend gave me his computer and I can�t change the "licenced name" of the > office (sorry for my bad english).. How can i do to change it? Thanks... See <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/install/index.html#resetkey>. To re-personalize, you will need the CD Ke...

Recover licences
Hello, Recently we installed Microsoft CRM. Currently only five users are testing. Two of those users have left the company. Their usernames have already been deleted from AD (instead of disabled - stupid!). Now it's impossible to recover the licences of those two users to give them to someone else. Error: The selected object could not be found. Verify that the object exists in both the database and AD Is there a workaround for this? Geert Goyens wrote: [...] > Recently we installed Microsoft CRM. Currently only five > users are testing. Two of those users have left the &...

Sales STD Licence
Hi, Heres a strange one, I have a customer who is using sales std licence. 1. I cant see cases in the main screen 2. I cant see additional address in the main screen. 3. I cant customise either of the above. The above is what I would expect as it sales standard i.e no other licence. However, when I open a contact or an account - I get the options to add cases and additional addresses. Anybody got any ideas as to how this may occurr. Thanks Mike is this a suite license? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx...

1 HQ licence with 2 databases
Hi all, Could i run 2 databases on 1 HQ license ? or the license will be specified for certain database ? You can as long as the total number of stores in both databses do not exceed the license dongle. You will require to have 2 different HQ Comm server on different machine [if you want both on same machine you need to know how to create 2 instances of HQ Comm server listening on different ports]. Afshin Alikhani - [afshin@retailrealm.co.uk] CEO Retail Realm "Anna" wrote: > Hi all, > > Could i run 2 databases on 1 HQ license ? or the license will be specified &g...

Licence Error
Hi We have the problem that some MS CRM users get a Licence Error when they try to change the owner on an activity. The error occures only if the we change the owner of the activity to an other user than the currently logged on user. All user have the same role. The error raises only on some pc's not on all. What we do: 1. Create an activity 2. Change owner to an other user 3. Try to save activity 4. Error.... "License Error The selected user or user trying to log on has not been assigned a security role or license, and does not have sufficient privileges for this action. For ...

CRM Licence key
I need CRM test licence key. Get CRM from msdn.microsoft.com if you have a universal msdn license "Tekin Altun" <tekinaltun@hormail.com> wrote in message news:%23zKgCvfIEHA.2908@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need CRM test licence key. > > ...

External Connecter Licence for Small Business CRM
Hi there I have a question about licencing in CRM. When you expose crm data to customers like on a web portal you then need to buy a external connector licence. But as far as i knew this licence is only avilable for mscrm professional licences. But our customer has a small business licence. Now my questions: 1.) Is exposing date to a web portal throug web services tecnical possible for crm professional and small busines? 2.) Is there a external connector licence for crm small business? Tanks and regards Thomas Hi Thomas, in the licensing documentation I received from Microsoft (around ...

SSRS Licence and how to develope
Hi, I am madhu. ineed some information about ssrs tools development. please confirm me it is cost one for development or free. if it is free tell me how can i get and set right services. if it is cost please provoide me cost information to my mobile. +91-9940129055 With Regards, MSREDDY If I understand your question, you are asking about SQL Server Reporting Services licenses. SSRS is shipped as part of SQL Server 2005. There is no extra fee for SSRS for the product, development of reports, or deployment of reports. Of course, users always need CAL licenses for SQL Server access. ...

DEPOSIT AND CREDIT BANK LICENCE FOR SALE IN TURKEY(last bank licence)
At 1954, he started his banking operations under the name of "Labor Credit Bank".(Deposit and Credit banking) During the year 1983, with the decision of Council of Ministers, his banking operations were aborted due to his debts to the Associations of Banks. The owner of the bank has paid all his debts to the Associations of Banks and in order to get his banking license back, he brought the case to the suit. At the year 2006, the court has gave a case date to the 23th of July 2007 to give their final decision together with expert witness in favor of the owner of the bank. The owner of...

10 licences for free?
I´ve heard some rumors that there should be somewhere the offer to get 10 CRM licenses for free. Has anybody heard about that and knows something about the conditions? Thats true but not 'free' for production environments. If you are an MSDN subscriber, you get 10 free (I believe its 10) for development purposes only. If you are an Action Pack subscriber, it comes with 10 licenses. Neither Action Pack or MSDN can you add additional licenses on though and aren't supported for use in Production environments (only test or development) On Feb 17, 8:21 am, "Ham" &l...

Licences mixing
Hi All! If i need 3 sales personnel and 5 customer service personnel and 2 manager to see everything. Then i need to buy: 3 sales licences 5 CS licences 2 Suite license OR just 10 Suite licences? Thanx for advance Hi Andrea, you'll need to buy: - 1 Suite Server Module - 3 sales (professional or standar) user licences - 5 CS (professional or standar) user licences - 2 Suite (professional or standar) user license "Andrey Ptashinskiy" wrote: > Hi All! > If i need 3 sales personnel and 5 customer service personnel and 2 > manager to see everything. Then i need to b...

user licence
Hello, I have a problem with the profile of an user. When i want to change his division, the system tells me that it cannot find it in active directory or in CRM. However the profile is well defined. I would like to remove its licence and then disabled it but i can't : i have always the same message. What can i do? THanks for your help ...

MS CRM Licence Problem
Hi, I have installed MS CRM 1,2 with the key from MS Certified Partner page but it provides only 5 users but i that we have 10 user access with the key behind the cd pack Can i change the licence without reinstalling MS CRM ? I tried to add new licence from CRM Deployment Manager it says enter valid key Thanks You will have to reinstall CRM. Use the 25 Character key on the back of the sleeve and register at https://mbs.microsoft.com/mbsregistration/ChooseRelationshi p.aspx >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have installed MS CRM 1,2 with the key from MS Certified Part...

how do I reassign licence to different pc
I have used my software on three pcs. One has broken and can not be repaired. I have now used up my three licences. Is it possible to re-assign the licence from my dead pc to its replacement. -- thanks bob wrote: >I have used my software on three pcs. One has broken and can not be repaired. >I have now used up my three licences. Is it possible to re-assign the licence >from my dead pc to its replacement. > > The easiest way is to install it on your new machine and try to activate it online. If it fails, you generally get a phone number on the screen t...

CRM Licences #2
Hi, It has become apparent since installing CRM 4 that we also need CRM 3 due to some of the systems that we have integrating with it and the need for mobile users to be able to access the system from a PDA. I have used a seperate server and installed CRM 3 and used a 10 user licence. I need to add more licences to the server so my question is how do I do that, where do I get licences from and what type of licences do they need to be? Sorry that was 3 questions. Thanks in advance Contact Microsoft Volume Licensing. You can probably purchase a ver 4 CAL and recieve a Ver 3 along w...