How to send a HTML email using MAPI or CDO

I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO.

Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails
at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that?

Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi
(MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library.

Thank you is advance,

V.

--
Desktop Solutions for Small Companies
http://www.micromango.com

vanleurth
6/20/2007 12:20:35 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

you should be using Access Data Projects and server-side email..
xp_sendmail

On Jun 19, 5:20 pm, "vanleurth" <u13147@uwe> wrote:
> I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO.
>
> Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails
> at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that?
>
> Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi
> (MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library.
>
> Thank you is advance,
>
> V.
>
> --
> Desktop Solutions for Small Companieshttp://www.micromango.com

dbahooker
6/20/2007 5:48:35 AM
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:20:35 GMT, "vanleurth" <u13147@uwe> wrote:

>I have found examples of code emailing using MAPI and/or CDO.
>
>Apparently, CDO through smtp.yahoo.com doesn't allow to send multiple emails
>at once. I loose the connection after sending 12 emails. Any ideas on that?

I'm not sure, but I'd assume that yahoo is throttling this to reduce spam ... have you contacted yahoo about their
policies regarding use of their smtp server? You may not be able to do this ...

>Also, if someone can let me know how can I send a html email using mapi
>(MAPI32.DLL) not oe.dll library.

Here's an example of using MAPI with VB:
http://www.devarticles.com/c/a/Visual-Basic/Sending-Email-With-MAPI-Components-in-Visual-Basic/

Here's the VB SendMail DLL, which seems to be very popular:
http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.asp?ID=7790

>Thank you is advance,
>
>V.

Scott McDaniel
scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com
www.infotrakker.com
0
Scott
6/20/2007 10:04:41 AM
Thank you for the links,

Now, I have been considering using the easy approach for now. to use
application.follow hyperlink with mailto: option.

The problem with this is that the strMail (string argument) that includes
"mailto: ... &body, etc " is very limited to length. Apparently application.
followhyperlink strMail doesn't allow a string (strMail) longer than 795
characters aprox.

Is this right?
Are this the limitations of using mailto: with followhyperlink?
Any useful links about a complete explanation of using this function;
followhyperlink ?

Please, Let me know
Thank you,
V.

--
Desktop Solutions for Small Companies
http://www.micromango.com

vanleurth
6/21/2007 10:58:27 PM
wow I had no idea I could send emails through yahoo.

wow wow wow

I'm now a yahoo convert :)