How to pull data from one table and save it to another

hi,
  I want to pull data from more then one field ( as it seems with a combo
box with multiple fields listed in a row ) and have it save these fields to a
diffrent table. What  I'm trying to do is take a Whole record and save that
record to a new table.

Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Lorraine wrote:
> hi,
>  I want to pull data from more then one field ( as it seems with a
> combo
> box with multiple fields listed in a row ) and have it save these
> fields to a diffrent table. What  I'm trying to do is take a Whole
> record and save that record to a new table.
>
> Thanks

One "how?" is to use the AfterUpdate event of the ComboBox and use that to copy
the values from the other columns in the drop-down list to bound controls on the
form...

Me.SomeControl = Me.ComboBoxName.Column(1)
Me.SomeOtherControl = Me.ComboBoxName.Column(2)

....but the more relevent question is "why?".  Copying data redundantly from one
table to another beyond the primary key to use as a foreign key is (almost
always) a bad idea and suggests a flaw in the design of your database.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...

0
Rick
12/24/2007 3:54:39 PM
ok - what I'm trying to create is a food database that allows me to keep
track of my nutritional amounts. So I thought would be workable is a table
with a form that allows me to enter in the foods with there nutritional facts
then have a form that allows me to enter in my daily food intake but in that
form I want to be able to select the food from the first table and the rest
of the nutritional facts are pulled from the first food table and then I
would be able to save it to another table called daily food table. If you
have any ideas I am certainly all ears :)

Thanks

Lorraine wrote:
> ok - what I'm trying to create is a food database that allows me to
> keep track of my nutritional amounts. So I thought would be workable
> is a table with a form that allows me to enter in the foods with
> there nutritional facts then have a form that allows me to enter in
> my daily food intake but in that form I want to be able to select the
> food from the first table and the rest of the nutritional facts are
> pulled from the first food table and then I would be able to save it
> to another table called daily food table. If you have any ideas I am
> certainly all ears :)

Store ONLY the primary key from the first table into the second.  All other
information about the food item selected can be pulled from the first table
using a variety of lookup or query mechanisms.  That is how relational databases
work.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
12/24/2007 4:49:12 PM
I had tried lookup options but that seems to only allow to lookup each field
one at a time. I would like to select a food in a form and the rest of the
fields like Caleries, protien, carbohydrates fill in with the amounts from
that record in the first field. Lookups don't seem to work that way. The
query option sounds possible for what  I want but I'm not very good when it
comes to this.

Lorraine wrote:
> I had tried lookup options but that seems to only allow to lookup
> each field one at a time. I would like to select a food in a form and
> the rest of the fields like Caleries, protien, carbohydrates fill in
> with the amounts from that record in the first field. Lookups don't
> seem to work that way. The query option sounds possible for what  I
> want but I'm not very good when it comes to this.

Create a query that contains all the fields from your second table and all of
the desired fields from the first table (except the primary key).  Create a join
between the two on the Food-ID key field.

That query will show all of your fields from the second table and for each food
item entered will also show all of the data you want to see from the first
table.  Switch to datasheet view on the query and make sure that you can still
edit the fields from the second table (you would not want to update the fields
from the first table using this query).

If that works then save the query and bind your form currently bound to the
second table to the query.  As soon as you enter a food itme you should see all
of the related fields from the first table automatically populate, but these
will be lookups not copies.  Just in case, set the Locked property of any
control displaying fields from the first table to True.   You don't want to
accidentally change a value in the first table from this form.

--
Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
Email (as appropriate) to...
RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

0
Rick
12/24/2007 5:25:09 PM
Thats great Rick - Disregard the post in the other group. this is the
direction I was hoping someone could point me to.

Thanks again I will post back to let you know if  I was able to do what you
say.

"Rick Brandt" wrote:

> Lorraine wrote:
> > I had tried lookup options but that seems to only allow to lookup
> > each field one at a time. I would like to select a food in a form and
> > the rest of the fields like Caleries, protien, carbohydrates fill in
> > with the amounts from that record in the first field. Lookups don't
> > seem to work that way. The query option sounds possible for what  I
> > want but I'm not very good when it comes to this.
>
> Create a query that contains all the fields from your second table and all of
> the desired fields from the first table (except the primary key).  Create a join
> between the two on the Food-ID key field.
>
> That query will show all of your fields from the second table and for each food
> item entered will also show all of the data you want to see from the first
> table.  Switch to datasheet view on the query and make sure that you can still
> edit the fields from the second table (you would not want to update the fields
> from the first table using this query).
>
> If that works then save the query and bind your form currently bound to the
> second table to the query.  As soon as you enter a food itme you should see all
> of the related fields from the first table automatically populate, but these
> will be lookups not copies.  Just in case, set the Locked property of any
> control displaying fields from the first table to True.   You don't want to
> accidentally change a value in the first table from this form.
>
> --
> Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> Email (as appropriate) to...
> RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

Hi  & Happy Holidays

I think I did as you said correctly. when I create a form using the new
query I drag over the fields and they do not show in the form when I change
from design view to regular view. The form is blank. I even created combo &
lookup box in the form and nothing shows up all field disappear in the form
when I try to use the form????

"Lorraine" wrote:

> Thats great Rick - Disregard the post in the other group. this is the
> direction I was hoping someone could point me to.
>
> Thanks again I will post back to let you know if  I was able to do what you
> say.
>
> "Rick Brandt" wrote:
>
> > Lorraine wrote:
> > > I had tried lookup options but that seems to only allow to lookup
> > > each field one at a time. I would like to select a food in a form and
> > > the rest of the fields like Caleries, protien, carbohydrates fill in
> > > with the amounts from that record in the first field. Lookups don't
> > > seem to work that way. The query option sounds possible for what  I
> > > want but I'm not very good when it comes to this.
> >
> > Create a query that contains all the fields from your second table and all of
> > the desired fields from the first table (except the primary key).  Create a join
> > between the two on the Food-ID key field.
> >
> > That query will show all of your fields from the second table and for each food
> > item entered will also show all of the data you want to see from the first
> > table.  Switch to datasheet view on the query and make sure that you can still
> > edit the fields from the second table (you would not want to update the fields
> > from the first table using this query).
> >
> > If that works then save the query and bind your form currently bound to the
> > second table to the query.  As soon as you enter a food itme you should see all
> > of the related fields from the first table automatically populate, but these
> > will be lookups not copies.  Just in case, set the Locked property of any
> > control displaying fields from the first table to True.   You don't want to
> > accidentally change a value in the first table from this form.
> >
> > --
> > Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP
> > Email (as appropriate) to...
> > RBrandt   at   Hunter   dot   com

On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:01:01 -0800, Lorraine
<Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I think I did as you said correctly. when I create a form using the new
>query I drag over the fields and they do not show in the form when I change
>from design view to regular view. The form is blank. I even created combo &
>lookup box in the form and nothing shows up all field disappear in the form
>when I try to use the form????

This suggests that the Query you're using a) doesn't return any records so you
can't see the existing records, and b) is not updateable, so you can't see the
New Record either.

Please open the Query in SQL view (View... SQL on the menu) and post the SQL
text here. It will also help if you indicate which field is the Primary Key of
each table and what relationships you have defined.

Often it's best to handle one to many relationships by using a Form (for the
"one" side table) with a Subform (for the "many") rather than basing a form on
a query.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
12/25/2007 7:35:57 PM
I will John  & thanks for repling on the Holidays. I don't know why I 'm so
caught up in this databse but  I want it to work so bad. LOL

Hold on and  I 'll post it tonight.

Thanks again everyone for help me

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:01:01 -0800, Lorraine
> <Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I think I did as you said correctly. when I create a form using the new
> >query I drag over the fields and they do not show in the form when I change
> >from design view to regular view. The form is blank. I even created combo &
> >lookup box in the form and nothing shows up all field disappear in the form
> >when I try to use the form????
> >

> This suggests that the Query you're using a) doesn't return any records so you
> can't see the existing records, and b) is not updateable, so you can't see the
> New Record either.
>
> Please open the Query in SQL view (View... SQL on the menu) and post the SQL
> text here. It will also help if you indicate which field is the Primary Key of
> each table and what relationships you have defined.
>
> Often it's best to handle one to many relationships by using a Form (for the
> "one" side table) with a Subform (for the "many") rather than basing a form on
> a query.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Wow  - so many thingings that can be done.  Heres the text from that query
SELECT [daily food table].Date, [daily food table].Time, [daily food
table].Food AS [daily food table_Food], [daily food table].[Serving size] AS
[daily food table_Serving size], [daily food table].GramsCarbohydrates AS
[daily food table_GramsCarbohydrates], [daily food table].GramsProtein AS
[daily food table_GramsProtein], [daily food table].GramsFat AS [daily food
table_GramsFat], [daily food table].Calories AS [daily food table_Calories],
[daily food table].Sodium AS [daily food table_Sodium], [daily food
table].Vitamins AS [daily food table_Vitamins], [daily food table].PersonID
AS [daily food table_PersonID], [daily food table].Notes AS [daily food
table_Notes], [daily food table].Sugar AS [daily food table_Sugar], [Food
Table].Food AS [Food Table_Food], [Food Table].[Serving size] AS [Food
Table_Serving size], [Food Table].GramsCarbohydrates AS [Food
Table_GramsCarbohydrates], [Food Table].GramsProtein AS [Food
Table_GramsProtein], [Food Table].GramsFat AS [Food Table_GramsFat], [Food
Table].Calories AS [Food Table_Calories], [Food Table].Sodium AS [Food
Table_Sodium], [Food Table].Vitamins AS [Food Table_Vitamins], [Food
Table].PersonID AS [Food Table_PersonID], [Food Table].Notes AS [Food
Table_Notes], [Food Table].Sugar AS [Food Table_Sugar], [Food Table].*
FROM [Food Table] INNER JOIN [daily food table] ON ([Food Table].Food =
[daily food table].Food) AND ([Food Table].[Serving size] = [daily food
table].[Serving size]) AND ([Food Table].GramsCarbohydrates = [daily food
table].GramsCarbohydrates) AND ([Food Table].GramsProtein = [daily food
table].GramsProtein) AND ([Food Table].GramsFat = [daily food
table].GramsFat) AND ([Food Table].Calories = [daily food table].Calories);

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Dec 2007 10:01:01 -0800, Lorraine
> <Lorraine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I think I did as you said correctly. when I create a form using the new
> >query I drag over the fields and they do not show in the form when I change
> >from design view to regular view. The form is blank. I even created combo &
> >lookup box in the form and nothing shows up all field disappear in the form
> >when I try to use the form????
> >

> This suggests that the Query you're using a) doesn't return any records so you
> can't see the existing records, and b) is not updateable, so you can't see the
> New Record either.
>
> Please open the Query in SQL view (View... SQL on the menu) and post the SQL
> text here. It will also help if you indicate which field is the Primary Key of
> each table and what relationships you have defined.
>
> Often it's best to handle one to many relationships by using a Form (for the
> "one" side table) with a Subform (for the "many") rather than basing a form on
> a query.
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]

Thank you so much for your help and leading me in the correct direction. I
know that I'm going about it the incorrect way because  I really do not
understand this part of access.  I'm looking at these Tutorials tonight.

Thanks again I really do appreciate it

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> [...]
> >Table_Notes], [Food Table].Sugar AS [Food Table_Sugar], [Food Table].*
> >FROM [Food Table] INNER JOIN [daily food table] ON ([Food Table].Food =
> >[daily food table].Food) AND ([Food Table].[Serving size] = [daily food
> >table].[Serving size]) AND ([Food Table].GramsCarbohydrates = [daily food
> >table].GramsCarbohydrates) AND ([Food Table].GramsProtein = [daily food
> >table].GramsProtein) AND ([Food Table].GramsFat = [daily food
> >table].GramsFat) AND ([Food Table].Calories = [daily food table].Calories);
>
> Well... this doesn't seem right.
>
> You're joining the two tables on what looks like *EVERY SINGLE FIELD*! Unless
> there is a record in [daily food table] with exactly equal values of every one
> of Food and Serving Size and Grams Carbohydrate and... <etc.> you won't see
> anything; and if there IS a record with all those fields in both tables you're
> storing all that data redundantly.
>
> STOP. You're going about this *wrong*. Sorry, but you really are!
>
> Each table should have:
>
> - a Primary Key, some unique value that exists only in that one record in the
> table.
>
> - Fields containing data pertaining to that record. Attributes of the food -
> GramsProtein, GramsFat, Calories - etc. - should exist only in the Foods
> table; fields pertaining to a serving or a given day's portion - ServingSize
> perhaps - should exist *ONLY* in the daily table.
>
> You do not need, and emphatically *should not have*, lots of fields
> overlapping in the two tables! You're using a relational database; use it
> relationally! Relational databases use the "Grandmother's Pantry Principle":
> "A place - ONE place! - for everything, everything in its place". The Foods
> table should store information about foods... and that information should
> *ONLY* be stored there. The servings table should contain a "foreign key" -
> the Food if that's the primary key, or the FoodID if you have a numeric
> primary key - as a link to the foods table, *AND NOTHING ELSE* about the food.
> You don't *need* to store that information redundantly; that's what a Query or
> a Subform or a Combo Box are for, to join data from two different tables
> together.
>
> Seriously: take a look at some of these tutorials. The relational data model
> takes some real work to get your head around, but you'll find it incredibly
> powerful when you do.
>
> Jeff Conrad's resources page:
> http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html
>
> The Access Web resources page:
> http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html
>
> A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP):
> http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html
>
> MVP Allen Browne's tutorials:
> http://allenbrowne.com/links.html#Tutorials
>
> Have a merry Christmas... now I've got to go check my apple dumplings and see
> if the pumpkin pie (home-made whole wheat crust, local organic pumpkin,
> neighbor's fresh eggs <g>) is cool enough to eat!

Pivot Tables

format based on data from another cell
I want the names in column B of my spread sheet to highlight either red or yellow based on the value of the cell in column L, but with conditional formatting you can only format based on the value of the cell you are formatting, as far as i can tell. Hi Sanna conditional formatting can be used to do this, select the column B cells that you want the formatting to be applied to, ensure that the first selected cell is the first line visible at the top of the worksheet choose format / conditional formatting choose formula is type =$L2=x where row 2 is the first row in the selected column an...

I need to delete oldest record so that table only contains latest record 09-16-07
Hi, I have a table called DDPayments which contains 4 fields: PaymentID, DDID, BankID and Date Paid. I need a query that will delete all records, so the rows will only contain the most recent Date when a transaction occured. I currently have the following in the table: ROW 1 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 ROW 2 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 9 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 3 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 10/08/07 ROW 4 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 26 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/09/07 ROW 5 - PaymentID: 1 DDID: 6 BankID: 1 Date Paid: 13/08/07 (This table i...

range specified by the value in another cell
I have the following problem: I have let say 100 numbers in column A, and a number n<100 in cell B1. I want to have the sum of the first n numbers in column A, so I would need to specifiy the range A1:An, but I need this independently of the actual value of n. I have tried A1:A(B1) with but it doesn't work. So has somebody any idea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi 2 ways for it 1. Use the formula =SUM(INDIRECT("A1:A"&B1)) 2. Create a named range RangeToSum=OFFSET(SheetName$A$1,,,SheetName!$B$1,1) The formula will be =SUM(RangeToSum) -- (When s...

Pinging Ed Bennett for help on this one
Ed, You were kind enough to help me create the following vba code for publisher 2k3 several month ago. I recently had to install a new m/b and all of my apps and for some reason this code _doesn't seem_ to work anymore. I say that because no longer do the toolbar buttons get created. I suspect it has something to do with my security. I self certified the original code and I am thinking maybe my certification is invalid. Would the best way to proceed be delete the vba code, recreate it (i.e. copy/paste back) and self cert again to get it to work? Or am I missing something basic here...

Terminating another MFC app
I would like to terminate an MFC app from another MFC app, but do so nicely. Basically, I would like app 1 to post a WM_QUIT message to app 2. TerminateProcess seems to extreme. Any thoughts on how I can do this? "Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F3733A31-7C4A-4AA4-8EFB-BBCA5C51D968@microsoft.com... |I would like to terminate an MFC app from another MFC app, but do so nicely. | Basically, I would like app 1 to post a WM_QUIT message to app 2. | TerminateProcess seems to extreme. Any thoughts on how I can do this? Try this: CWnd* pPrevApp = CWnd:...

Report using RWOP (owner permissions on secured table)
Hello, I have a database that links to some tables where the permissions have been removed for everyone except the owner. I am trying to make a report access the data using owner's permissions. In the recordsource I have the following: SELECT Classes.Class FROM Classes WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION; This isn't working. What am I missing? I have about 35 reports that I would like to convert to this format so that my tables are more secure. Thanks, Beth ...

auto generate emails from data stored in excel spreadsheet
Hi, Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an email which is stored in a worksheet either using excel macros or in conjuction with outlook. thanks in advance. Mark K Look here http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm Maybe this one http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#message -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "MarkK" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:169b901c447f2$268f26b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > Is there a way in excel to automatically generate an > email which is stored in a worksheet either us...

Merging data from two worksheets
I have two worksheets with lists on them. On worksheet A there are items we use, and charge code (which correspond to individual items); but there is no RMS code (a specific code we use for our system). On worksheet B there is a larger list of items, many of which are also on worksheet A. Worksheet B has a column with the same charge codes as are used in worksheet A, but worksheet B has the corresponding RMS codes. For example... On A: Item RMS Charge Code Stick (blank) 12345 Ball (blank) 54321 Bases (blank) 21543 On B: Item RMS Charge...

How set many row heighths = height of another row
Is there a nifty way to use paste special to copy a row and then select a bunch of other rows and set all of these selected row to the same height as the copied row? I need to do this for several rows on several sheets and first getting the height # of the source row, then setting heights of target row numerically is a pain. I appreciate your help, -John "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45F9935C-DCBB-4F20-9E58-371283CF72D7@microsoft.com... > Is there a nifty way to use paste special to copy a row and then select a > bunch o...

Copy an email to a saved folder
I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is no "copy to folder" button in the drop down list, such as there is in Outlook express. Can I get one in there somehow. If I save it to a word file I then cannot respond to it. On Tue, 17 May 2005 11:57:18 -0700, miltdp <miltdp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I get some emails and want to save them immediatly to the "saved" while still >having a copy in the " inbox" to respond to but there is...

Extracting XML data to be used in XSLT HTML output
Ok: I have done small level Xml stuff and am just now starting to understand some of the plumbing involved. I've done a lot of .NET programming for SQL Server, but little for Xml data stores. I am currently just interested in using the .xsl file that I have being applied to a source .xml file through ASP classic. Here's what I have: XSL file ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- --- <?xml version="1.0" ?> <xsl:stylesheet version="1.0" xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"> <xsl:output meth...

Unable to Access Mailbox Stores on one Server
All— I am the Exchange Administrator (MS Exchange 2003) with a medium sized company. We have two back-end and two front-end servers and I use Exchange 2003 System Manager to perform a number of administrative tasks throughout the day. I run the utility on a Windows XP Professional computer. I can get into the Storage Groups and underling Mailbox Stores on three of the four servers from this setup, but one of the back-end servers shows the mailbox stores with red down arrows which indicated that the stores are off-line (Yes Store.exe is running on the server). But if I log into the ...

save as html
when i save a file as html it can not be filled in is there a way to save it as html and also be able to fill it in? ...

Finding differences between two tables
Who can help me? I have 2 tables with mainly the same names. I want to find the names that are not in both list. I managed to do it the following way, but I think that it can be done easier. I did: Advances filter: as criterium range one of the 2 tables. With Edit - Go To - I highlighted the visible cells and coloured them. Removed the filter With Edit - Find - Format - I highlighted the noncoloured cells. Thanks Anne Here are two ways you can do that but I wouldn't say they are much easier than what you did. Put both lists on the same sheet in the same column, one under the other,...

Look up tables vs. value fields via combo box on form
I have tables such as t_WeatherData in which I have fields such as Temperature, WindSpeed, WindDirection. The WindSpeed and WindDirection fields each have a lookup table with an ID (primary key/autonumber) and a field that holds a category ("N", "NE", "NW", "W", etc., or "< 5 mph", "5-10 mph", etc.). As I have it, the look up tables merely serve to populate a combo box on the data entry form... OR, is creating a combo box with a value list sufficient? What should be the factors in my decision on when to use a look...

overflow data
When i input data into a cell, can i fix it so it doesn't overflow the adjacent but empty cell? Thanks. You could enter a space character in the adjacent cell, so it appears empty, but will stop the overflow. Barbara wrote: > When i input data into a cell, can i fix it so it doesn't > overflow the adjacent but empty cell? Thanks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html thanks, Genius! :-) >-----Original Message----- >You could enter a space character in the adjacent cell, so it appears >empty, but will ...

external data not in a table
I have a worksheet originally created in excel2003 that gets external data from a db2 database. After migrating to excel2007 the external data in the worksheet is not in a table (clicking on a result cell does not make Table Tools appear). When creating a new database query I find that the results always get put in table. I don't want the results in a table. How do I make the results of a new query NOT be a table? And I don't want to break the link to the database since I update the results periodically. ...

How to copy a Macro to another PC
How can I find and copy an Excel macro to another PC. As I recall the one I created also created a file called Personal.xls that automatically opens up. Not sure if this is the only file that needs to be copied? Also, where does it get copied to? What location? Same as original PC? -- FL Personal.xls is automatically opened (if it exists) but is hidden; use Widows | Unhide to see if you have one. Generally it is kept in the XLSTART folder; find it with a search. However, some people have Excel open other files automatically; Use Tools | Options and look on the General tab to see ...

How to Use Data Migration Pack
Hi All, i downloaded the DMF from Microsoft.com, i read the documents but i couldn't understand that, My exact Requirement is, i have to import 18000 Records to Product Catalog, what i have to do now, please give me guidelines to import Records, Thanks Thangadurai On Sep 8, 7:04 am, mukathangadu...@gmail.com wrote: > Hi All, > i downloaded the DMF from Microsoft.com, > i read the documents but i couldn't understand that, > My exact Requirement is, i have to import 18000 Records to Product > Catalog, > what i have to do now, please give me guidelines to import Reco...

Lost file
My daughter turned off my computer before I could name/save a file in Excel. Will a temp version of it exist anywhere? Thanks! ...

Save As Disappeared
I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my spreadsheets. Any ideas? Hi Steve You can reset your menubar to default Right click on the menubar and choose customize Under Toolbars select the worksheet menubar and click on reset on the right You lost all the things you changed to the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Steve" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:025201c3b9dc$8dd62070$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I can no longer access the Save As option for any of my > spreadsheets. Any...

Saving attached files in Outlook
What is OLK8 and what is it supposed to do? Outlook wants to save attached files to a folder called OLK8. When I want to go find the files I can't find the folder OLK8 even thought the save path indicated that it was in "local settings". It doesn't appear to be a hidden file. Why is OLK8 so hard to find when it is the default Outlook save location? The MS KB is (per usual) no help. It is a temporary file for storing attachments. If you are using Windows 2000 or XP, try turning on hidden and system folders and then go look again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Exporting One File to Two Others
Here's the situation - hopefully someone can answer my question or come up with a better idea. My daughter owns a used book store and has and inventory of over 10,000 books. My thoughts were to have three different files for serch purposes. ie Title, Auther, Subjuct Matter and add a Referance Number to each book. This way if a customer askes for a book, the serch would be easy. The problem lies in the sales. When a customer purchases a book, she would write down the Referance Number on a sheet of paper then at the end of the day, enter all the days Reference Number into the fi...

Ignore a Blank Data Series in the Legend
Hi, I'm creating Pie Charts based on data from 10 data series fields. Some of the data fields are blank, and so I've managed to create data labels that only show on the Pie Chart if there is a value (otherwise the Chart was too hard to read due to lots of blank labels). However, if I show the Legend, the blank data series field still appear, so I have say, 4 labels with the correct data series names but 6 which are blank. Can I make the Legend ignore blank fields, and just show the 4 that have values? Thanks You can manually remove individual legend entries. Click on the lege...