How to: print out a FORM with only the one active record

I create a button in a FORM with VBA as:

DoCmd.PrintOut

However, it will print out as many as all the existing records

I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the
VBA?

Thanks!

Martin
2008-02-14

0
Martin
2/14/2008 5:23:32 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Martin (Martin Lee)" <lajitong888@21cn.com> wrote in message
>I create a button in a FORM with VBA as:
>
> DoCmd.PrintOut
>
> However, it will print out as many as all the existing records
>
> I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the
> VBA?

The recommended approach here is to design and layout of report that looks
like your form, for the most part when you attempt to print things you have
all kinds additional difficulties such as the background for shading of the
form eccentric, user report to print out.

The code to send the ONE record to the report is:

me.Refresh
docmd.OpenReport "nameofReprot",,,"id = " & me!id

The me.refresh forces a disk write (so the report can see any changes), and
the open report has a "where" clause that restricts the record to the
current primary key (usually id in most cases).

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
2/14/2008 5:30:11 AM
See:
    Print the record in the form
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html

"Martin (Martin Lee)" <lajitong888@21cn.com> wrote in message
>I create a button in a FORM with VBA as:
>
> DoCmd.PrintOut
>
> However, it will print out as many as all the existing records
>
> I want it to print out a FORM only with current record. How to modify the
> VBA?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Martin
> 2008-02-14

0
Allen

if cell is text move left one column

Printing Checking register
I try to print register but only get balance and check amount but have no list of check numbers or to who i paid. I have used quicken in the past and was always able to print what I was seeing. How can I resolve this problem. i need to send a copy of my register to a company. Thanks for your help Bob Ford ...

Tracking shared records
I need to create a report that shows which records are shared and with whom. Can someone guide me in the right direction? I can't seem to find it anywhere online. thank you Sharing is recorded in the PrincipalObjectAccess table in the SQL database. Advanced find does not allow you to access this so you will have to create a report on the directly on the database. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Extended Entity and Plug-in browser: http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/CrmTool.aspx "Bernardina" wrote: > I need to create a report that shows whi...

Delete dead mailbox from active directory
We have four exchange servers - two E2K and two E2k3. One of the E2k server just died due to corrupt array control. We had no mailboxes or anything else on that server. One of our administrator must have created one mailbox on that server by mistake and he never realized that until now. server died and we deleted that mailbox from active directory but, when i try to remove the server from system manager i get message saying can't remove because there are mailboxes associated with this information store. Is there any other way i can remove that server from active directory or s...

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

Printing In Color
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I am trying to print a document in word that is color but it is only coming out in black and white. How can I change the color settings on my printer? Word has no setting to print in color v. B/W -- that's a function of your printer & its driver software. The settings are available in the Print dialog in the Copies & Pages List, but exactly where the setting is located depends to a great extent on what printer you have. Some printers also have physical controls on the printer, itself, but that isn't common. ...

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

set print area #2

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

How can I print on 8 1/2"x17" paper?

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

new activity not in the appropriate queue
Help! I installed the Rollup 3 for MS CRM 4 and since then all created activities are redirected to the users assigned folder in queue and not in progress(my current activities) folder! It's not logical because a new activity is not yet assigned to a different user to be in the assigned folder !! I can't believe this is on purpose and I DON'T have a workflow on this. Can someone tell me how to fix this? ...

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...

Bank One Download is not working