How to Link list Box with Form 03-15-08

Greeting,

I have a form for entering and search for info. In this form there are text
box for search and listbox for showing search results. What I want to do is
once search results appear, the user will dbl click on the results he wants
and the form fields show the details of that item. I put the following sql in
the form control source :
SELECT utilizing.* FROM utilizing;

And the following sql for list box
SELECT utilizing.idn, utilizing.founame, utilizing.proname,
utilizing.utilizdate, utilizing.lumpvalue, utilizing.notes FROM utilizing
WHERE (((utilizing.founame) Like "*" & forms!utilizing!serutill & "*"));

And on the event dbl click of the list box :
Me.RecordSource = "SELECT utilizing.idn, utilizing.founame,
utilizing.proname, utilizing.utilizdate, utilizing.lumpvalue, utilizing.notes
FROM utilizing WHERE (((utilizing.founame) Like " * " &
forms!utilizing!serutill & " * ")); "
Once I dbl click on the list box item that I  want , a message appears and
tells" type mismatch error 13"
Any help please?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi

Douglas Steel gave a very clear answer to this error here

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/21a7586114f79594/b628d609243e26d0?lnk=st&q=mismatch+error+13+group%3Amicrosoft.public.access#b628d609243e26d0

You need to check the formats of the fields you are looking for and
filtering on.

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"ghost" wrote:

> Greeting,
>
> I have a form for entering and search for info. In this form there are text
> box for search and listbox for showing search results. What I want to do is
> once search results appear, the user will dbl click on the results he wants
> and the form fields show the details of that item. I put the following sql in
> the form control source :
> SELECT utilizing.* FROM utilizing;
>
> And the following sql for list box
> SELECT utilizing.idn, utilizing.founame, utilizing.proname,
> utilizing.utilizdate, utilizing.lumpvalue, utilizing.notes FROM utilizing
> WHERE (((utilizing.founame) Like "*" & forms!utilizing!serutill & "*"));
>
> And on the event dbl click of the list box :
> Me.RecordSource = "SELECT utilizing.idn, utilizing.founame,
> utilizing.proname, utilizing.utilizdate, utilizing.lumpvalue, utilizing.notes
> FROM utilizing WHERE (((utilizing.founame) Like " * " &
> forms!utilizing!serutill & " * ")); "
> Once I dbl click on the list box item that I  want , a message appears and
> tells" type mismatch error 13"
> Any help please?

windows update 04-15-10
I am running windows vista on a MAC computer with VMWare Fusion. I cannot get the service pack 1 or internet explorer 8 update to run. i get error code 490 and 800704090 Too late now! Support for Vista Gold (no Service Packs) ended on Tuesday, 13 April 2010! Computers running Vista Gold "will no longer receive software updates from Windows Update" until SP1 has been manually installed (which will require several Prerequisite Updates to be installed first). See http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsvista/archive/2010/04/13/end-of-support-for-windows-vista-with-no...

Excel template that lists each month's meetings w/ some detail
I'm looking for an Excel template that lists every month of the year with room to list weekly, monthly and quarterly meetings, including some detail for each meeting. Probably would need to be landscape oriented. The main intent is to give the person using it an idea of upcoming meetings, the intent of each and what prep is required. ...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

Passing data from one form to another

SFO 03-21-05
Sales For Outlook. Could someone confirm what functions I will get in SFO if I just have a "service" licence i.e no sales. Will I be able to promote an email to case? Thanks Mike No functions at all. You cannot install or use SFO without a Sales licence, not surprisingly Even if you had all functions you could not promote an email to a case Nice idea, though : ) "Mike R" <news@mikeread.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message news:d1nhaj$rkf$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk... > Sales For Outlook. > > Could someone confirm what functions I will get in SFO...

links in emails
When I try to open a link included in an email nothing happens? Hi, This problem can be caused by several different things. Do you receive an error message when you click on a hyperlink, or does nothing happen at all? Can you use hyperlinks in other programs, such as Word? Please have a look at the following Knowledge Base articles to see if these resolve your problem. 177054.KB.EN-US OLEXP: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Do Not Start Web Browser You can access this article by clicking on the link below. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;177054 257464.K...

Pivot Table Question #15
Hey all, Love pivot tables but i have a question, the table is set up as so Month Pallet# BoxesPur BoxesSold Price Frt Gross Net Jan 1 5 1.0 ..3 Formula Formula 2 5 2.0 .5 3 10 3 .15 Jan Total 10 10 6.0 ..95 So, the problem is in the Jan Total row, is there a way...

Conditional Formatting w/ a List/Icons
I am trying to allow someone to select "Green", "Yellow" or "Red" from a list and the cell to display a green/yellow/red icon appropriately. Or, if possible, the user could just select the icon (instead of selecting text). Is this possible? Use Data Validation for the list. Type in Red, Yellow, Green as the list. This give the user the list to select from. Use Conditional Formatting for the fill part. Set three conditions, If Cell Value-"Green" (select a green fill), etc.. -- If this helps, please remember to click yes. "...

form and query problem. please help.

Script Errors 08-12-04
When launching CRM 1.2 through the web interface or through Outlook I am experiencing errors. This occurs on all the PCs on our network. CRM installed on Windows 2000 Advanced Server Client PCs running 2000 or XP Pro Browser IE6 with all updates. The main 3 I see are: Error #1 Line: 3 Char: 1 Error: Syntax Error Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #2 Line: 104 Char: 1 Error: 'ORG_DATE_START_DAY' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home.aspx Error #3 Line: 15 Char: 3 Error: 'ORG_DATE_FORMAT' is undefined Code: 0 URL: https://crm/home/home_home...

conditional format 04-15-10
Hi, I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on the value in cell A1 How can this be done? I know I can do it with conditionale format for the cell itself but not for another one. Thanks JP Try this. Assume you want B1 text to change colour when the value in A1 is 5, select B1 and go to conditional formatting. In the condition, select 'Formula is' then in the empty space, type =A1=5 choose the font colour that you want. "Jean-Paul" wrote: > Hi, > > I want the color of the text in cell B1 to change depending on th...

OL2003 Master Category List
Anyone know where the master category list is hiding these days. In 2002 it was hkcu\software\microsoft\office\10 \outlook\categories Any help would be appreciated. change 10 to 11. It won't exist unless the user has added something to it and like Outlook 2002 it's a Unicode list so the value is a binary and not a string. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginners Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Smart List
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C4A796.1EC1D910 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_002D_01C4A796.1EC1D910" ------=_NextPart_001_002D_01C4A796.1EC1D910 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable BlankIs there any way to get a report in smart list that includes the = serial numbers using inventory transactions or sales transcations? I = have version 7.0 Lisa ------=_NextPart_001_002D_01C4A796.1EC1D910 Content-Type: text/html; charset="Wind...

drop down boxes #14
Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop down box? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks If you made the drop down box using validation then you should be able to change the colors just like any other cell. If you used a combo box from the control toolbar, then you've got to right click and go to properties. Art "stumakker" wrote: > Is it possible to change to fonts or fill colours of a cell containing a drop > down box? > > Any help would be much appreciated > > Thanks Hi, Thanks for your reply....

Form Formatting
I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it doesn't change in the form view. This form was made ages ago with an automatic format and now I can't get away from the automatic format. Help! "DSmith" <donna@DONTSPAMresxrn.com> wrote in message news:eQARsjI6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I have a subform (datasheet view) in a form where I want to make one column >a different color. I can go into Design view and change the color but it >doe...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

Message box when DOB meets certain criteria
Hi all, I am a relative novice to the ways of Access, I am currently setting up a database in Access 2003. I have a form field (DOB) that if the date of birth entered makes the person between 2 and 16 years old I would like a message box to appear notifying the user (and be able to turn it off). Similarly if an existing record is opened and a child has it's second birthday I would also like the message to appear.. .I have posted a similar request and have got thus far: Private Sub DOB_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If DateAdd("yyyy", 2, [DOB]) > Date Or Date...

telnet client in access form
Hello. I am trying to creat a form for work that involves connecting to a telnet server to automatically send and retreive specified data. I am new to VB and I am not sure why my code is not working... anybody help me out? Here is the code that seems to be generating the error: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) telnet.RemoteHost = "HOST" telnet.RemotePort = 23 End Sub (obviously i have replaced removed the host name since i am posting this) ...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Trouble with forms I created in Word 2003
I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office 2007. I can't seem to access many things in the "ribbon" in order to unlock the form and/or make any changes, access the header/ footer etc. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and have tried things I have seen in various forums to no avail. Please help! "HBForsyth" <HBForsyth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BDD0D0C-AA9B-4E5B-A632-BE4B7E4DD6E1@microsoft.com... > I create form field forms for my department. Recently upgraded to Office >...

Drag and drop link problem?
Okay, weird one of the day. Every time I used a OneNote link to open an InDesign file (CS4) located on our network storage, eventually InDesign would crash, particularly if I clicked on an image with text wrap. Very disconcerting. So, I deleted all the links to InDesign files in my OneNote pages. Then, I remembered that all those links had been created by dragging and dropping onto a OneNote page. As a test, I recreated the link to one of the crashing InDesign files using the Hyperlink command in OneNote -- no drag and drop. I then used the link to open the InDesign file, wor...

box-and-whisker chart
Hello all, Does any people know it is possible to create box-and- whisker chart via Excel? If yes, how to do? Thanks a lot! Best Regards Bill Jon Peltier has some instructions on his web site: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html#BoxWhisker Bill Li wrote: > Hello all, > > Does any people know it is possible to create box-and- > whisker chart via Excel? If yes, how to do? Thanks a lot! > > Best Regards > > Bill -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...