how to jump to the next column with "enter" in excel?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi,

The "tab" key is not an option?

"dragos" <dragos@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Barry

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

Entering an older investment trans. after stock has split
Given a company's stock has already split, and that I'm catching up on my statements from prior to the split, do I enter pre-split stock numbers for those older transactions, or post-split numbers? Example: Say the stock split 2-for-1 on Oct-01-2005 I'm catching up now on my Aug 2005 statement Investment transaction of "buy 100 shares" of Aug 15, 2005 @ $10/share Should I enter that now as 200 shares @ $5, or 100 @ $10? I entered them as 100 @ $10, and I saw an "s" appended to the price, but the quantity still shows as 100. If I attempt to manually enter...

enter loop similar to TrackPopupMenu
If you notice, when a menu is popped up, moving the mouse outside the menu does not activate any other window ; for eg. if the mouse is moved over some toolbar buttons, they do not get activated . Once the menu is killed/closed, moving the mouse over the toolbar buttons will activate them ( they show a raised border .) This is also true when a combo box's dropdown window is alive. Dumping messages with spy reveals that when the menu/dropdown is alive, no WM_MOUSEMOVE & WM_NOTIFY messages are fired on other windows over which the mouse is moved. I would like to achieve a similar thing...

how do I enter more than one line in the same Excel Cell by using.
I want to have more than one line of text in the same Excel Cell without using the wrap text format option. For example, I want to put an entire address in the Cell by typing in the name of the person, then hit enter, type the steet address, then hit enter, then type in the city, state, and zip. Use alt-enter to put in a line break. "vsimmons" wrote: > I want to have more than one line of text in the same Excel Cell without > using the wrap text format option. For example, I want to put an entire > address in the Cell by typing in the name of the person, then hit en...

tasks entered in taskpad don't appear in task folder
All of the tasks that I have entered via the taskpad do not appear in the task folder, what am I doing wrong or do I have the wrong expectation? OL98/WinXP John Keith kd0gd@juno.com What view are you using on your Tasks folder? --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. "John Keith" <kd0gd@juno.com> wrote in message = news:6grrm0hkagessu2ecc0bj81pc41aarq39r@4ax.com... | All of the tasks that I have...

Search & Replace to insert alt+<enter>
Can I do a search and replace to place an alt+<enter> in text in a range of cells. Data example is "Phoenix (SOUTH)". I always want what is in parenthesis on a line by itself in the cell, so I'd like to replace "SPACE (" with "alt+<enter> (" Any version of Excel, OK. TIA -- wennerberg ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wennerberg's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=7321 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=471253 Edit>Replace w...

Hyperlink with Enter key
I set up hyperlinks in a workbook using Excel 2000. In that version of Excel I could execute the links by either clicking on the cell or by pressing the Enter key. I now use Excel 2003. The same links work only by clicking on them with the mouse. Pressing the Enter key simply moves the active cell down. Can anyone tell me how to cause Excel 2003 to execute hyperlinks by pressing the Enter key? Thanks. ...

Entering Data #2
I have a large complex spreadsheet that calculates just when the file is saved. I was wondering if anyone new how to ensure that the same number is not entered twice into a column other than using the find command. Ryabn -- RJ31 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ RJ31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30451 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501138 Here are 2 formula's that will both work (Array formulas so commit with CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER): 1) =SUMPRODUCT(IF(COUNTIF(A1:A...

Test if data entered in two columns of same row.
The following bit of code is my attempt to test if data has been entered in 2 columns, but when the next cell selected is not in the same row, ie. if another cell is selected outside that row, by mouse or keyboard (enter or arrows, etc), it doesn't work too well. How can this be accomplished so that as soon as an amount is entered in either of the two columns "H" or "I", that the data in the other column is deleted (if there is any) & that the message appears after deleting the other column's data. I notice that fiddling around with trying to do this, that calcu...

How do I enter algebraic exponets
I am working on college homework and need to enter algebraic exponets. How do I do this? Apply Superscript formatting to the exponents. To do that, select the exponent and then hold down the Shift and the Ctrl keys and press the key with + above = -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "jeancraig85" <jeancraig85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C699483-A63C-4316-825E-BBCE94B1F948@mi...

how can I specify a combobox rowsource when entering on a form in
Hello. how can I specify a combobox rowsource when entering on a form in Add? Thanks, Marco Use the Load event of the form: Me.MyCombo.RowSource = "Select Afield From SomeTable;" -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Marco" wrote: > Hello. > > how can I specify a combobox rowsource when entering on a form in Add? > > Thanks, > Marco ...

entering address in outlook contacts
Hi when i quickly enter address in contacts, if i put in 1 stephen st, for example the 1 goes in first line then stephen in the next line and st in next, apart from opening up the address, is there a way of fixing this. thanks tim You'll need to post your question more clearly. You seem to be posting as quickly as you enter addresses. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tim" <adslk4at@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:4352d2e8$1@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > Hi when i quickly enter address in contacts, if i put in 1 stephen > st, for example the 1 goes in ...

Entering Transactions
All of a sudden I cannot enter any transaction in Money 2004. The error message just says "This transaction cannot be entered". I've been using the program for some time now and this is the first time I've encounterd this. Any suggestons? Is it one particular account, or all of them? If the latter, try a quick file repair (on the File menu). -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/...

Problem Entering Custom Fields in MS Project 2007 PLEASE HELP!!!
Hey everyone, I am working on a huge platform development project. We are dealing with a large amount of requests from various departments. I thought it would be useful to add a custom field named "Department" so that I could sort by this field and have a good view of what is needed by each department. I have gotten the field up and running so I can enter the text. The problem I am dealing with, is whatever I type in the custom text field I have added, is mirrored in the Priority field (in the main view, not the Gaant Chart view). Clearly this is a huge problem, because the pri...

How to get a cell to error if the wrong figue is entered
I have a worksheet that is a quote form for quoting on bricks. Bricks are only avaliable in lots of 66. So if my sales people are giving a quote say for 3000 bricks this would not be possiable because they only come in lots of 66, the figue they would have to enter would be 3036. I was wondering if there is a way to get the cell to show an error if the figue entered dose not work with multiables of 66. Thanks Why not just have them enter the number of lots instead? Then have your formula multiply it by 66. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Eintsein_mc2" <simonmerk...

Stop entering data if a specific field is Null
Hi I have a table where there is one field named "Apartment" I have put required Yes for this field. Here is the problem and I am surelly not the first to ask that. Right now, user can fill all fields and when he wants to add a new record, system tells that the "Apartment" field must be entered unless the record will not be saved. To add a new record, user have to click a button. When he clicks, focus goes on the "Apartment" field. What I want is if user don't fill the "Apartment" field he will not be able to go to other fields...

This Transaction Cannot Be Entered in Stock Options account
Ok, I've used Quicken since the dawn of time and recently downloaded the Money trial. I created an Employee Stock Option account and entered a grant for some shares. Money created the Vest transactions and an Expire transaction. I deleted the Expire transaction Money created since each of my Vests expires individually and I want to enter each Expire on a different date. Problem is, I try to enter the Expire transaction and I get the error listed above. I thought maybe it was just a limitation of the Trial version (number of transactions or something). So, I went out a bough...

Is there any way to enter a local cell name?
When I enter a name in the Name Box, Excel makes it global by default. I almost always want it to be local to that worksheet. Is there some setting I can change to get the default to be local? I did discover that I can create the name as local by adding the worksheet name and an "!": sheetname!name This is much better than having to change it using Name Manager, but still not ideal. If the worksheet name contains spaces of special characters, it must be enclosed in quotes: 'sheet name'!name Is there any special code, such as "*", that means "this wor...

Enter Key won't return to beginning of next row.
For no apparent reason, the enter key will just activate the next cell below it rather than return to the beginning of the next row, as it has always done in the past. I checked the options and made sure the "Down" direction was selected as suggested in the Help section. And that is all it does is move the selection down one cell. What have I done to make it do this? In my experience, if I start in cell (for example) a10; then after I type in to the cell, move to the right by pressing <TAB>, then when I press <ENTER> from cell d10 or e10 or f10, assuming I mov...

Outlook 2003 "Enter Network Password" dialog box (tried everything)
I used to have multiple accounts on the same email server, and I thought that was the problem with the passwords not being saved due to Outlook not serializing the connections. But then I removed the other accounts from send/receive and it still happens!!! Is there any sure fire way to get Ooutlook 2003 to stop doing this and remember my f**king passwords??? This is so annoying...ughhhhh!!! I have deleted registry keys, hacked settings, yet nothing has worked. Let me know if any of you guys find out how to get this problem fixed with the "Enter Network Password" dialog box... N...

Best way??-one WB, many users entering only their own info
Here's what they want: About 35 people need to enter info into a spreadsheet. Each user needs to see only their own information. Admin, though, wants to be able to see everyone's info. Some possible solutions: (1) Each user has their own workbook; they have a password that allows only them to open it. Admin has their own workbook, and each individual user's workbook is linked back into Admin's so each user's data shows up there. (2) One workbook with one sheet per user and one for Admin. Another sheet holds username and passwords. On open, user is presented wit...

Word, Form Fields and the Enter Key
I'm using the code below to the Enter Key will behave like the Tab Key to go between Form Fields. The problem is that when using the Enter Key, the Form Fields do not get Formatted, as they do with the Tab Key. By the way, after using the Enter Key, if I go back to the previous Form Field, and then exit that Form Field with a right arrow or Tab Key, that Field will then show the proper formatting. Can someone please show how to modify this code to work properly? Thanks for your help, Bernie ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Enter Username and Password
I've set up Outlook using the great directions and video from Diane P., but keep getting a window popping up to enter my name and password, even though I have done that, I've restarted the computer, etc. Can anyone help me solve this problem? Many thanks! Version of Outlook and Windows? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-...

Cannot view / enter any GL accounts! HELP!
I ran the Check Links yesterday. Now, I cannot see / access / view / created any GL accounts. I first thought that all disappeared as when I open the lookup window, they are all gone. However, after logging in as the sa, they are definitely all there. It appears every user lost access to do anything with GL accounts. When one attempts to manual type in a valid GL account, it simply erases itself once entry is complete. HELP! Did you check your check links reports what did they show?? Can you see the accounts as a Power User or only as sa? "Adam" wrot...

Keeps asking: Enter Network Password
My Outlook keeps asking this for email. I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" but it constantly pops up the prompt. How is this fixed ?? O.S.: Windows Server 2003 "_DouglasKBell" <douglaskbell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%vTxk.24788$xZ.6185@nlpi070.nbdc.sbc.com... > My Outlook keeps asking this for email. > I've set the Tools > Options ... Logon Information to "Remember password" > but it constantly pops up the prompt. > > How is this fixed ?? > > O.S.: Windows Server 200...