How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?

How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?

I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.  
They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's 
hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab 
through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they press 
Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to 
update.

VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor 
FEIN, State abbrev.)

I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to search 
if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, I 
want it to add the new record.

How can I do this?  


0
Utf
11/9/2007 4:55:00 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

7 Replies
6292 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 34

If Nz(DLookup("VendorID", "VendorTable", "VendorID = '" & Me.txtVendorID & 
"'"),"") = "" Then
    'VendorID does not exist in VendorTable
Else
    'VendorID does exist
End If

-- 
HTH,
George


"adna" <adna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:C5EABFB4-6E7C-4B93-B9C1-37D3EF877341@microsoft.com...
> How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
>
> I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.
> They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's
> hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they 
> tab
> through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they 
> press
> Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to
> update.
>
> VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor
> FEIN, State abbrev.)
>
> I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to 
> search
> if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, I
> want it to add the new record.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> 


0
George
11/9/2007 5:14:45 PM
You could use a combo to find the vendor id.

Change SomeCombo - to whatever you call it
Change SomeOtherField- to the 1st field you want to go to
Change TableName - to whatever it is

As you can see I have added a bit to allow users to just type in the word 
"New" into the combo which will create a new record if needed. - Or you can 
delete this bit if you want 

Aircode so you will need to check it but it should be OK ?? :-)


Private Sub SomeCombo_AfterUpdate()
If Me.SomeCombo = "New" Then
    DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
    SomeOtherField.SetFocus
    Else
    Dim rs As Object
    Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone
    rs.FindFirst "[VendorID] = " & Str(Me![SomeCombo])
    Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark
End If
Me.SomeCombo = ""
Me.SomeOtherField.SetFocus
End Sub

Private Sub SomeCombo_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
   Dim Db As DAO.Database
   Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
   Dim msg As String
       msg = "'" & NewData & "' is not on file." & vbCr & vbCr
       msg = msg & "Do you want to add New Record?"
       If MsgBox(msg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo) = vbNo Then
           Response = acDataErrContinue
          MsgBox "Have another go?"
       Else
           Set Db = CurrentDb
           Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset("TableName", dbOpenDynaset)
           rs.AddNew
           rs![VendorName] = NewData
           rs.Update
           Response = acDataErrAdded
       End If
End Sub


Hope this helps

-- 
Wayne
Manchester, England.



"adna" wrote:

> How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
> 
> I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.  
> They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's 
> hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab 
> through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they press 
> Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to 
> update.
> 
> VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor 
> FEIN, State abbrev.)
> 
> I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to search 
> if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, I 
> want it to add the new record.
> 
> How can I do this?  
> 
> 
0
Utf
11/9/2007 5:59:02 PM
On Fri, 9 Nov 2007 08:55:00 -0800, adna <adna@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
>
>I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.  
>They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's 
>hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab 
>through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they press 
>Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to 
>update.
>
>VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor 
>FEIN, State abbrev.)
>
>I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to search 
>if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, I 
>want it to add the new record.
>
>How can I do this?  
>

Ummmm.... why make them enter a big complex ID and *then* check?

Give them a Combo Box on the form selecting the existing IDs. They can start
typing it and it will autocomplete to find the ID if it's there. Use the
combo's Not In List event (search for "Not In List" at
http://www.mvps.org/access for sample code) to jump to the new record if there
is no such vendor.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
11/9/2007 7:35:22 PM
Hello,
Thanks to all 3 of you.  I'm sorry I didn't resond sooner but I am just now 
getting a chance to work on this again.  I hope you will still see my reply.  
I did decide to go with the combo box and am trying to add the code to the 
Not In List Event.

I copied the code directly and pasted it in the Not in list code module 
directly, then changed the names.  I'm recieving an error when it runs:  
"Compile error: User-defined type not defined. "
The line that is highlighted with this error is:
"Dim Db As DAO.Database"

The full event code is pasted below:
Private Sub cboVendorNumber_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
Dim Db As DAO.Database
Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
Dim strMsg As String

   strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available VendorNumber " & vbCrLf & 
vbCrLf
    strMsg = strMsg & "Do you want to associate the new Number to the 
current DLSAF?"
    strMsg = strMsg & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Click Yes to link or No to re-type 
it."
    
    If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Add new name?") = vbNo Then
        Response = acDataErrContinue
    Else
        Set Db = CurrentDb
        Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset("tblVendors", dbOpenDynaset)
        On Error Resume Next
        rs.AddNew
            rs!VendorNumber = NewData
        rs.Update
        
        If Err Then
            MsgBox "An error occurred. Please try again."
            Response = acDataErrContinue
        Else
            Response = acDataErrAdded
        End If
        
    End If

rs.Close
Set rs = Nothing
Set Db = Nothing
End Sub

End Sub








"adna" wrote:

> How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
> 
> I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.  
> They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and it's 
> hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they tab 
> through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they press 
> Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to 
> update.
> 
> VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor 
> FEIN, State abbrev.)
> 
> I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to search 
> if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, I 
> want it to add the new record.
> 
> How can I do this?  
> 
> 
0
Utf
11/15/2007 5:15:01 PM
> I'm recieving an error when it runs:
> "Compile error: User-defined type not defined. "
> The line that is highlighted with this error is:
> "Dim Db As DAO.Database"

for Access 2000, 2002/XP and 2003:
In the VB editor: Tools>References: Make sure you have a check by "Microsoft 
DAO 3.x Object Library".

(Access 97 was DAO 2.6 and I think DAO is included in the Access library 
itself for 2007)

-- 
HTH,
George



"adna" <adna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E1F5B026-52C6-4791-8039-7AFDB94AD1F9@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
> Thanks to all 3 of you.  I'm sorry I didn't resond sooner but I am just 
> now
> getting a chance to work on this again.  I hope you will still see my 
> reply.
> I did decide to go with the combo box and am trying to add the code to the
> Not In List Event.
>
> I copied the code directly and pasted it in the Not in list code module
> directly, then changed the names.  I'm recieving an error when it runs:
> "Compile error: User-defined type not defined. "
> The line that is highlighted with this error is:
> "Dim Db As DAO.Database"
>
> The full event code is pasted below:
> Private Sub cboVendorNumber_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As 
> Integer)
> Dim Db As DAO.Database
> Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
> Dim strMsg As String
>
>   strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available VendorNumber " & vbCrLf 
> &
> vbCrLf
>    strMsg = strMsg & "Do you want to associate the new Number to the
> current DLSAF?"
>    strMsg = strMsg & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Click Yes to link or No to re-type
> it."
>
>    If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Add new name?") = vbNo Then
>        Response = acDataErrContinue
>    Else
>        Set Db = CurrentDb
>        Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset("tblVendors", dbOpenDynaset)
>        On Error Resume Next
>        rs.AddNew
>            rs!VendorNumber = NewData
>        rs.Update
>
>        If Err Then
>            MsgBox "An error occurred. Please try again."
>            Response = acDataErrContinue
>        Else
>            Response = acDataErrAdded
>        End If
>
>    End If
>
> rs.Close
> Set rs = Nothing
> Set Db = Nothing
> End Sub
>
> End Sub
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> "adna" wrote:
>
>> How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
>>
>> I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.
>> They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and 
>> it's
>> hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they 
>> tab
>> through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they 
>> press
>> Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to
>> update.
>>
>> VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor
>> FEIN, State abbrev.)
>>
>> I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to 
>> search
>> if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, 
>> I
>> want it to add the new record.
>>
>> How can I do this?
>>
>> 


0
George
11/15/2007 5:24:52 PM
Access 97 was DAO 3.5. Access 2000, 2002 and 2003 (and MDBs in Access 2007) 
use DAO 3.6.

-- 
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele
(no e-mails, please!)


"George Nicholson" <GeorgeNJunk@Junkmsn.com> wrote in message >
> (Access 97 was DAO 2.6 and I think DAO is included in the Access library 
> itself for 2007)


0
Douglas
11/15/2007 6:23:31 PM
Thanks!  That worked perfectly.  

Now I'm having another problem.
When it adds the new record, it doesn't update on the form.  
When I say that I mean, it seems to add the new record but then doesn't go 
to the new record.  I have to close the form and open it again, then go to 
that record to see it.
I tried adding me.refresh in various places but that didn't work and got me 
stuck in a loop of sorts where it kept popping up the msgbox.

Any ideas?

"George Nicholson" wrote:

> > I'm recieving an error when it runs:
> > "Compile error: User-defined type not defined. "
> > The line that is highlighted with this error is:
> > "Dim Db As DAO.Database"
> 
> for Access 2000, 2002/XP and 2003:
> In the VB editor: Tools>References: Make sure you have a check by "Microsoft 
> DAO 3.x Object Library".
> 
> (Access 97 was DAO 2.6 and I think DAO is included in the Access library 
> itself for 2007)
> 
> -- 
> HTH,
> George
> 
> 
> 
> "adna" <adna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:E1F5B026-52C6-4791-8039-7AFDB94AD1F9@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> > Thanks to all 3 of you.  I'm sorry I didn't resond sooner but I am just 
> > now
> > getting a chance to work on this again.  I hope you will still see my 
> > reply.
> > I did decide to go with the combo box and am trying to add the code to the
> > Not In List Event.
> >
> > I copied the code directly and pasted it in the Not in list code module
> > directly, then changed the names.  I'm recieving an error when it runs:
> > "Compile error: User-defined type not defined. "
> > The line that is highlighted with this error is:
> > "Dim Db As DAO.Database"
> >
> > The full event code is pasted below:
> > Private Sub cboVendorNumber_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As 
> > Integer)
> > Dim Db As DAO.Database
> > Dim rs As DAO.Recordset
> > Dim strMsg As String
> >
> >   strMsg = "'" & NewData & "' is not an available VendorNumber " & vbCrLf 
> > &
> > vbCrLf
> >    strMsg = strMsg & "Do you want to associate the new Number to the
> > current DLSAF?"
> >    strMsg = strMsg & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "Click Yes to link or No to re-type
> > it."
> >
> >    If MsgBox(strMsg, vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Add new name?") = vbNo Then
> >        Response = acDataErrContinue
> >    Else
> >        Set Db = CurrentDb
> >        Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset("tblVendors", dbOpenDynaset)
> >        On Error Resume Next
> >        rs.AddNew
> >            rs!VendorNumber = NewData
> >        rs.Update
> >
> >        If Err Then
> >            MsgBox "An error occurred. Please try again."
> >            Response = acDataErrContinue
> >        Else
> >            Response = acDataErrAdded
> >        End If
> >
> >    End If
> >
> > rs.Close
> > Set rs = Nothing
> > Set Db = Nothing
> > End Sub
> >
> > End Sub
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "adna" wrote:
> >
> >> How to Find Record if Exists, Add if not?
> >>
> >> I have a form where user will enter the vendor ID, which is a unique ID.
> >> They enter it off a long list of information listing many vendors and 
> >> it's
> >> hard to know if the vendorID already exists in the database, until they 
> >> tab
> >> through all the fields and get the duplicate record error.  Then they 
> >> press
> >> Esc and do a search on that vendorID  to pull up the existing record to
> >> update.
> >>
> >> VendorID format is similar to this  A123456789ST (Usees a prefix, Vendor
> >> FEIN, State abbrev.)
> >>
> >> I want to automate this.  when they enter the VendorID, I want it to 
> >> search
> >> if it exists, go to that record if it does exits.  If it does not exist, 
> >> I
> >> want it to add the new record.
> >>
> >> How can I do this?
> >>
> >> 
> 
> 
> 
0
Utf
11/15/2007 10:01:00 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Finding characters within a text
Hi How to check, using single formula, that a text within a certain cell contains one of certain characters? For instance, how to check if there is a 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' character within cell A1 that reads 'W-RII'. Thanks in advance Hmm..not very elegant, but maybe =NOT(AND(ISERROR(FIND("R",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("L",A1)),ISERROR(FIND("P",A1)))) Returns TRUE if the text in A1 contains 'R', 'L' or 'Ps' . FIND is case-sensitive, use SEARCH if you also want to find lower-case characters. Cheers, Joerg Mochiku...

Sql to find record in a hierarchical chain
Hi, lets say I have a table with 2 fields: myTable Field 1 - ref Field 2 - parentRef Now in the structure there could be numerous chains until you get to the top of the hieratchy (where the ref field = parentRef field). ie ref parentRef 111 222 222 333 333 444 444 444 so in this 444 is top of the chain (there will be many other records as well that are nothing to with 444 and are part of their own hierarchy). So how do I easily relate 111 to 444. Ie how do i find the ultimate top parent for a given 'ref' field. Hope anyone can give me some pointers ...

Need Formula To Find Blank and NonBlank Cells
I have a worksheet with 6 columns (by Month) Sep Aug Jul Jun May Apr I have to review starting for example with May, I need to find any cell in May range that is null <> where Jun and Apr both are not null <> So if May is null and Jun and Apr are not null than I would count that as 1. If May is null and either Jun or Apr are null then I would not count them. =SUMPRODUCT(N(E2:E100=""),N(D2:D100<>""),N(F2:F100<>"")) "hilltop55" <hilltop55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08D989CB-D1B4-49F...

outlook 2003sp3: applying the inbuilt junkmail filter on existing messages?
hi all, would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to 'high', on emails already in my inbox. is there any way of doing this? apologies if this has been posted before, I've made a couple of searches but can't find anything... many thanks! No, there's no way to apply the spam filter to already downloaded items. <spam@redo.net> wrote in message news:1137601837.257355.134230@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi all, > > would like to apply the outlook junk mail filter, with settings set to > 'high', on emails already in my...

Finding all queries which use a table
Hi, Does anyone know of a tool that can scan all queries in a database and find if a certain table is used? I have a table called tblCustomerRollup which is old and outdated. I want to see which of the 500 queries in my database use this table without opeing every single one of them? Thanks, -- Chuck W Chuck Sounds like a variation on Search/Replace. Try searching online for "Database Documenter" as a starting point. A couple of the commercial tools I've used include FMS, Inc.'s Total Access Analyzer and Black Moshannon's Speed Ferret. There are a lot of fr...

Solver add-in and macros
I just got a new computer with XP and Excel 2003 and tried to run a macro that used to SOLVER add-in function and got a compile error. As a test I recorded a macro using the SOLVER and got the same result when I tried to run that macro. The Compile Error is "Sub or Function not defined". On the Knowledge Base it says I need to add SOLVER to the list of References in the VB Editor. When I go to the references list, SOLVER does not appear. When I open Help for VB and search for SOLVER, it finds nothing. What is going on? Why doesn't VB even recognize the existence ...

How do I add a signature
We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a "handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? Pen If using xl2002 or 2003...... Create a graphic with the signature then add it to the Footer when printing. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 09:03:08 -0800, "Penfold" <Penfold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have our purchase orders created in excel and we would like to add a >"handwritten" signature" to them. How to I do this? ...

How to add new entity?
Hi. I'm now researching the customization abilities of MS CRM 1.2. So I have a small task, which I'm not able to accomplish with SDK. The main question is how to add additional entity to CRM? I need to add entity "Pets", and dictionary "PetTypes". Pets should be linked with Contacts (1:M). Pets should have 3 attributes: - Name (string of 150 chars), - Type (value from PetTypes dictionary), - Description (string of 1000 chars) PetTypes should have 3 entries: "Cat", "Dog" and "Parrot" I expect that i...

Where do I find SSADM 4+ templates in Visio ?
Hi, I understand SSADM 4+ templates were available in Visio 2002. I have just moved from Smartdraw to Visio Professional 2003 and am having difficulty finding SSADM 4+ templates. Does anyone know where I can find these templates? Are they still available in the 2002 version? ...

XL 2007: How to find out what keyboard shortcuts I've assigned to macros?
Over the years, I've recorded and written a lot of macros. (Probably time to take a week or two and go over them and delete at least half!) I assigned a keyboard shortcut to a lot of them. I seem to remember that before XL 2007, there was a keyboard organizer that I could go through and review what shortcuts I had already assigned to my macros. I can't find that in 2007, though. Is there an easy way to generate a list of all my keyboard assignments and what macros they go to? Ed I don't recall ever seeing any such keyboard organizer in 2007. Canned from a prev...

Query to hide duplicate records
I recall that this used to easy in previous versions (Unique values only ??), but in 2007, I can't get this to work at all. I have a table with our companie's job numbers in it. The job numbers show up multiple times because of different phases of the project: ProjNum ProjDescription 3077 Univ. of Vermont/UC/LEED 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Building Fee 3077 Univ. of Vermont/University Commons: Excess Professiona... I need to jut have a single listing of each project number, otherwise, I get repeated records in the query that looks at this information (which ...

How do add another code to a current one?
I have this following code to make the rows changed based on the critea in column 16, and I need add A "Red, Yellow, Green" for status to only one column 30 at the end of the spreadsheet. How do I add another code? I keep getting an error.. Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim c As Range, clr As Long For Each c In Target.Cells If c.Column = 16 Then Select Case c.Value Case "Analyze": clr = RGB(204, 255, 255) Case "Build ": clr = RGB(204, 255, 255) Case ...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

how can I add a signature to my calendar appt requests?
See subject question Insert-> Signature -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "tnowak" <tnowak@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51100433-5C23-435B-9C1B-5F8B8D9056B2@microsoft.com... > See subject question ...

Does SuspendTimer exists?
Hello NG, in my programme I use some timers. SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); SetTimer(TIMER2, 60000, NULL); In OnTimer I catch the timers. if (nIDEvent == TIMER1) { KillTimer(TIMER1); do1(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } else if (nIDEvent == TIMER2) { KillTimer(TIMER2); do2(); SetTimer(TIMER1, 60000, NULL); } In the beginning, the timers run parallel. Some time later there is a time gap because of the function calls. Now I want to suspend TIMER1 in my TIMER2-block. The things in do2() depend on results from do1(). I don't want the results overwritten. I only s...

Find and replace with bold in cells
I have a VB6 program that is executing Excel 2007, opening a worksheet, and extracting some of the cells to write data to a text file. Some of the cells contain bold text on some (not necessarily all) of the text in the cell. I would like to do a find and replace on the bold tagging to replace it with something like "<b>" at the start of it and "</b>" at the end of it. How do I set this up in VB6? Thanks! The following function will return a string including <b> and </b> tags from the text of cell R. Function BoldMarkup(R As Range) As...

Formula to find last monday (tue, wedn, thu or friday) for a given month
Hi, I need a formula to calculate the date of the last monday, tuesday, wednesday, thursday or friday of a given month. Can't seem to find the answer anywhere. example: day: wednesday (or corresponding nr) month: 3 year: 2004 Result: 31/03/04 Who can help? Thank you for reading and eventually answering my question.Back Visit http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm#DaysInMonth -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michele" <mw001@pandora.be> wrote in message news:b30b6913.0402090708.556d0faa@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I need a...

Excel for Customer History Records
Hello, can anyone direct me to an existing template that can be used to track customer enquiries and feedback. It needs an efficient way of recording follow up & response conversations. In a standard workbook layout if you type loads of text into a column (say 'follow up' for instance), it pushes all the rows so far down the spreadsheet it quickly becomes unwieldy. If anyone can help I could e mail an example of what we're using now (awful) and after having a chuckle at our expense maybe you can suggest something more appropriate. We're running 2003. Many thanks --...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

I can't find outlook express on my Mac?
I found a folder called Outlook express, but there is no actual program. I have Internet Explorer, should't I also have Outlook Express? http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&q=outlook+express+mac what version of IE is installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messa...

EXTRACTING UNIQUE RECORD BASED ON CONDITION
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C781BF.08FB92F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello everyone! I would like to extract unique records based on a condition. For = example, how to extract unique record from column 'B' when column 'A' = has "AP" or any other desired condition. The data is as follows: A B =20 MI 70056542=20 MI 70056543=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP PATRICK CUDAHY INCORPORATED=20 AP SUGAR CREEK ...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

excel 2007
I have data that looks something like this account#, invoice amount 1, 50 1, 70 1, 80 2, 10 2, 50 2, 52 2, 50 3, 10 4, 30 I need a way to combine all the invoice totals for each account so I have results like this 1, 200 2, 162 3, 10 4, 30 Any suggestions on how to go about doing this? I thought I had done something similar to this with filters before in Excel 2003, but I can't figure out how I did it. Thanks! You can use subtotal or a pivot table in the pivot put the account numbers in the row field and the invoice amount in the data, in subtotal use at each change in account numb...

Add Item to GP Menu
Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how to use Dexterity. Thanks. "Ryan" wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe > it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how > to use Dexterity. > > Thanks. Hi Ryan Please look at the Integration Guide PDF manual installed with Dexterity. Part 5 explains the navigation model and how to work with command forms, commands and menus. T...

Finding text within text
Hello again, I've gotten the formula for finding occurrences of a word in one column based on whether it's in another column; now what I need is to find out whether a word in column A (for instance) appears in a string of text in column B. As in, a SKU in A, and a description in B, with the descriptions having several SKUs in each one. I need to be able to delete from a sheet any description that doesn't have the SKUs I'm looking for, and it would be really nice to color the corresponding cells the same, but even having the row number in the third row would be nice. Say I...