How to create list of (unique) street names ?

We want a list of all the streets in our data base.

How can we create a list of individual street names in our data base?

We do not want the name of a street to show more than once on the list...

So I guess we want to do a query to find 'unique' or 'individual' street
names. (Or do we need a report built on a query?)

Thanks for any help.

0
Will
8/27/2007 1:40:20 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Assuming you have a field named Street in Table1:

1. Create a query using Table1.

2. Drag the Street field into the query grid.

3. Open the Properties box. Looking at the properties of the query (not of a
field), set Unique Values to Yes.

"Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> We want a list of all the streets in our data base.
>
> How can we create a list of individual street names in our data base?
>
> We do not want the name of a street to show more than once on the list...
>
> So I guess we want to do a query to find 'unique' or 'individual' street
> names. (Or do we need a report built on a query?)
>
> Thanks for any help.

0
Allen
8/27/2007 1:45:52 PM
Per Will:

>How can we create a list of individual street names in our data base?
>
>We do not want the name of a street to show more than once on the list...

How are the street names stored?

If they're stored as just street names, that's one thing.

OTOH if they're embedded in peoples' street addresses, that's
another....
--
PeteCresswell
0

> Assuming you have a field named Street in Table1:
>
> 1. Create a query using Table1.
>
> 2. Drag the Street field into the query grid.
>
> 3. Open the Properties box. Looking at the properties of the query (not of
> a field), set Unique Values to Yes.

> "Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>> We want a list of all the streets in our data base.
>>
>> How can we create a list of individual street names in our data base?
>>
>> We do not want the name of a street to show more than once on the list...
>>
>> So I guess we want to do a query to find 'unique' or 'individual' street
>> names. (Or do we need a report built on a query?)
>>
>> Thanks for any help.

0
Will

How to mark and creat index in Publisher 2003
When I make a book in Publisher 2003, it looks like the same in Word 2003. But how can I mark and creat index in Publisher 2003, and creat the contents in the head of the book? Thanks a lot. ----James Manually. There is no function built into Publisher to do that. -- ...

Charts based on 'virtual' names
Hi all, Just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2007 (big jump!) and trying to fix the things that broke! I routinely make so-called "dynamic" charts in the traditional manner using ranges defined by formula which resolve to ranges of cells e.g. define 'Bias & Precision'!Samples as =OFFSET('Bias & Precision'!$A$2,0,0,COUNTA('Bias & Precision'!$A:$A)-1) I've had a couple of snags with these but it seems to still work as long as I watch the scope of the names. What seems to be very "broken" is the use of names which do not resolve...

How can I create Combo list with no VBA
I would like to create drop down list the old fashioned way. I know nothing about VBA or ActiveX. Previous version of excel allowed you to create a control with a drop down list which after selection will put the output in a specific field on which calculation could start. Is there a way to get Excel to work the old way Open up the control tool box. Select the combo box and place it on your worksheet. Put the list of values that you want in a column range somewhere. Open the properties for the combo box. Enter the range with your values in the ListFillRange property, like A2:A10 Enter the ...

Issue with local named relative range
Thanks to the Excel wizards here, I got some great tips back in November with creating a way for a cell to refer to itself (e.g. THIS) or the cell above it in a formula. If the active cell is A2, I can define a name. e.g. CellAbove, that refers to A1 (no dollar signs = relative reference). This was a pleasant surprise for me, as I had not realized nor ever tried to create a named relative range. However, I've now come across an issue with this technique and I hope the wizards will assist once again. It seems that Excel (2003 at least) always places the sheet name in the refere...

Address List #2
Would like to create an address list, and then print them on labels, for Christmas cards. I did this on my old Publisher, but forgot how I did it. Any help would be appreciated. Skip Skip wrote: > Would like to create an address list, and then print them on labels, > for Christmas cards. I did this on my old Publisher, but forgot > how I did it. Any help would be appreciated. Skip ========================================= Tools / Mail and Catalog Merge / Create Address List (322305) Frequently asked questions about mail merge in Publisher 2003 and in Publisher 2002 http://s...

Help with creating drop down
Hi,, can anyone help me on how i can create a drop down combination(i'm not sure what it is called)? x y z X1 y1 z1 x2 y2 z2 x3 y3 z3 What im trying to do is if cell A1 has a drop down list(with X,Y,Z selection), i would like cell B1 to return another drop down list that contains a list corresponding to what was selected in cell A1.. so if cell A1 is Y, then cell B2 will show another list with Y1,Y2 and Y3 selection... Im using MS Office 2007. Please advise and thank you very much. Hi, take a look at Debra web has excellent examples http://www.contextur...

Making a List from a worksheet database
I have a worksheet which is a database of things people have ordered. Each Row has a customer number, date ordered, item number, item description. customer name, customer address (I only have to enter the customer number, and item number - the other fields fill in automatically using vlookup). I'd like to have another worksheet for a year end type summary where I can put the customer number on it in a given field and have it search through the database and insert on the worksheet anything that particular customer may have purchased. Is this possible? How? Thanks Hi! Piece o...

create a calendar #2
Thank you so much, JulieD ! I think it is a wonderful solution to m problem. I will email you directly also. Thank you very much again. Best regards, elenapili -- elenapili ----------------------------------------------------------------------- elenapilin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27225 Hi glad to assist. Hope you received the file i emailed. Cheers JulieD "elenapilin" <elenapilin.1eqmny@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:elenapilin....

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

Combo-List Box
I've almost got this to work, (with limited excel experience), but the numeric value of the item chosen appears in the designated cell, instead of the item chosen. Is there an easy to fix this. thanks! That's how it works. Use that cell in something a VLOOKUP table to return the actual value. One way, if your list that the combo box is set to were in C1: C50, in B1:B50 make B1 > 1, B2 >2 etc down to B50, in another cell =VLOOKUP(designated cell,B1:C50,2,FALSE) Regards, "A" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be601c4aca6$af391980$a4012...

Multilevel pick-list
I have he requirement of creating a multi-level picklist, i.e. like status, status reason. I have the idea of creating the first pick-list, e.g. Category and have the OnChange event filter the available values in the second pick-list, SubCategory. Does anybody have any experience in that approach - or other ways to implement this. Rgds, Per ...

How can I create a Public Contact Folder in Exchange 2003
It seems that I can only create public e-mail folders. How can I create a public contact folder? I am kind of new in exchange so any help would apreciated. Mike When you create the folder it asks what type of data to store - choose contacts. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mike" <recklez@cyprus-x.org>...

Create XML Document given an XSD
Hi, Does .Net framework provide a way to create an XML Document based on an XSD? I know that there may be an issue with the data inside it, but it doesn't have to be a valid XML document to start with and then the user can fill in the blanks. Regards, --- Victor Hadianto http://www.synop.com/Products/SauceReader/ Victor Hadianto wrote: > Does .Net framework provide a way to create an XML Document based on an XSD? > I know that there may be an issue with the data inside it, but it doesn't > have to be a valid XML document to start with and then the user can fill in ...

Creating a calculated field using dates in a form
I am trying to use dates from 2 fields in a form (HireDate-DOB) to calculate age. Then, using the age, I want to display a message if the age is less than 18. I think I have written a conditional statement correctly, but am unsure where to place it so that the message displays when the condition is met. I am totally new to Access 2007 and VB. You did not say what the content of your 'conditional statement' was and how you plan on using it. What has HireDate to do with it? Is it you want to see if their age is less than 18 on the date of hiring? Then this will c...

Can't create a new public folder.
I ran into the following problems: In the System Manager, the "public folders" container doesn't list public folders and system folders. Also when I tried to create a new public folder, the system didn't response at all, no even giving me any error message. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is? Thanks a lot in advance! "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80E3901-55EB-42AA-9914-6069F19CAE90@microsoft.com... >I ran into the following problems: > > In the System Manager, the "public folders" container d...

Invert selection in List Control
Hi all, I'm trying to invert selection (i.e. select unselected and unselect selected items) in a multiple-selection List Control in report mode. I tried the following void GetTLETab::OnBnClickedButton4() { for( int i = 0; i < c_loadedList.GetItemCount(); i++) { if( c_loadedList.GetItemState( i, LVIS_FOCUSED) == LVIS_FOCUSED) c_loadedList.SetItemState( i, 0, LVIS_FOCUSED); // deselect else c_loadedList.SetItemState( i, LVIS_FOCUSED, LVIS_FOCUSED); // select } } but it doesn't seem to work. When I select something and click the "invert" b...

How can a user created template be added to the toolbar
Running Office 2007 Pro. I inadvertently posted this question in the forms forum. I created a template that I would like to access from the toolbar instead through the menu even though I have eliminated a couple steps by putting Choose Form on the toolbar it still takes more clicks than I want. I saw instructions about adding a form but I couldn't get past "modifying selection" after selecting the macro. So how do I add my OFT file to the toolbar? Thanks for you time and assistance! ...

Create Lead from Email #2
I have setup a queue to receive incoming emails from leads. I am able to use a workflow to create a new lead for each incoming email. The issue that I have encountered is that the data for these leads are collected by outside vendors and contain additional information. Each vendors format is consistent. I would like to be able to parse the body of the email and populate fields in the lead. I would prefer to do this using CRM but if you know of some good 3rd party tools please let me know. Thanks Chris, We are developing a solution to address our client requirements, reading the email ...

Creating New E-Mail Outlook 2002 sp21
When attempting to create new email an "unspecified error" occurs and precludes me from completing the emial. Am using Office XP suite with Outlook 2002 sp1. Original issue was just a single notification and when closed would allow me to create message. Has progressed to where error frame self propagates continuously, does this sound viral ? Certainly doesn't sound healthy. Have you tried Detect & Repair? (look in Help) Is your virus checker running the latest updates - with what results? K "Scott" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Any1 know how-to create the input file needed for the Exchange DST Update Tool?
I have tried different methods suggested by MS, but I am unable to produce an input file in the following format: User_DNTABServer_Friendly_NameTABOS_Time Zone_Registry_KeyCRLF You would think the script would produce an output in the same format to use for the update... You are running MSEXTMZ in "Time Zone Extraction" Mode? (That is the mode that creates the TAB delimited TZ file) The account you are running under has correct permissions (Full mailbox access and Send As)? What does your .ini file look like? <slerche@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171639396.9825...

create switchboard button that will close program entirely
I have a switchboard button that closes the database but leaves Access open. Is there a way I can have the button close the database and Access with one click? Dear robnsd: Try the following code: DoCmd.Quit HTH -- Fred Boer - Amateur Access Enthusiast Interests: Library software / Z39.50 / Web Services Freeware Small Library Application available here: http://www3.sympatico.ca/lornarourke/ "robnsd" <robnsd@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:1188765557.922703.326790@19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com... >I have a switchboard button that closes the database but leaves Ac...

Editing junk mail list
Can wild card characters be used when editing the Outlook junk mail list? For example: xyz*@offers.com @*offers.com Thank you... ...

The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Distrib List
I have now broken down the distribution list into 5 lists of less than 30 members in each list and still get this: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: <Recipient email> on 12/11/2007 7:16 PM 452 4.1.1 Too many recipients for message Any ideas? I have searched ISP sirte and found no reference for any limitation.\ TIA! "Marathon" <jsssbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23CS81SFPIHA.1208@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have now broken down the distribution list into 5 lists of less than 30 >members in each list and still get this: > &...

Linking Check Boxes or List Box to Query
Hello, I am hoping someone can help me out here as I am pulling my hair out. I have a form that has unbound fields as follows Text Box - Start Date Text Box - End Date Combo Box - Call Type and a button that runs the query which includes the fields Call Date - Between [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateStart] And [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![txtCallDateEnd] Call Type - [forms]![FrmMarketingStats]![cboCallType] Company (no criteria required) Successful (this is the part I need help with) The available options for Succesful are - Yes, No or n/a I can achieve this by add...

Creating Formatted Report and Emailing
I was wondering if anyone has any idea of how I might send out nicely formatted reports, where the report content is in the body of the email? I have seen a number of threads posted about sending attachments, and that will likely be my "fallback" approach. Trying to avoid attachments, however, as this required folks, who are already in email jail, to take an extra step, which results in them not seeing the report (my reports are communicating significant issues in ongoing projects, and important that they at least "See" the red flags in the report). T...