How to create Access macro shortcut

I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I would
like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
Access 97?  If so, how?
0
Ziggs
5/5/2007 7:56:02 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi.

> How do you set this up?

Select the macro in the Database Window and right click with your mouse,
then select "Create Shortcut..." in the pop-up menu.  Follow the prompts for
where to place the shortcut and what to name it.  The default is:
<PathToDeskTopDir>\Shortcut to <MacroName> in <DatabaseName>.MAM

> Can it be done in
> Access 97?

I haven't done it in a long time in Access 97, but as I recall, the steps
are identical.  In case you weren't aware, these Microsoft Access shortcuts
can be created for any of the objects listed in the Database Window, not
just macros.

HTH.
Gunny

See http://www.QBuilt.com for all your database needs.
See http://www.Access.QBuilt.com for Microsoft Access tips and tutorials.
Blogs: www.DataDevilDog.BlogSpot.com, www.DatabaseTips.BlogSpot.com
http://www.Access.QBuilt.com/html/expert_contributors2.html for contact
info.

<Ziggs> wrote in message news:tvdo33pkuuvtovjfqa2vrtdj31pbmj0kuo@4ax.com...
> I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I would
> like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
> there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
> program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
> Access 97?  If so, how?

Access tables don't "launch" anything.

What is it you want to do.  Don't explain it in terms of something you
might have seen somehwnere else.  Explain what you want to do or to
cause to happen.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

<Ziggs> wrote in message
> I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I
would
> like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
> there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
> program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
> Access 97?  If so, how?

0
Larry
5/5/2007 12:58:08 PM
Hi, Larry.

> Access tables don't "launch" anything.

I don't know where you got the idea that someone has claimed this.

> What is it you want to do.  Don't explain it in terms of something you
> might have seen somehwnere else.

Ziggs perfectly described what he saw and wants, enabling me or anyone else
to give him instructions:  Double-click on the *.MAM shortcut and Access
opens the correct database and runs a specific macro in that database
application.  Ziggs wanted to know how to create the shortcut in Access 97,
if it were possible.  Fortunately, it is.

It doesn't get any better than that, my friend.  :-)

"Larry Daugherty" <Larry.NoSpam.Daugherty@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Access tables don't "launch" anything.
>
> What is it you want to do.  Don't explain it in terms of something you
> might have seen somehwnere else.  Explain what you want to do or to
> cause to happen.
>
> HTH
> --
> -Larry-
> --
>
> <Ziggs> wrote in message
>> I'm still using Access 97 and saw something the other day that I
> would
>> like to use that was in Access 2000.  In an Access 2000 database,
>> there was a .mam file in a directory that launched the Access 2000
>> program and ran a macro.  How do you set this up?  Can it be done in
>> Access 97?  If so, how?

Vista Access 2003 & Ole
I have a DB I've been using, updating for several years. I use a = different BMP on every record. Today I started to update it again. Last = update a few weeks ago on my XP. Today I went with 'insert object' 'create from file'. with XP I couldn't = use JPG's so I made bmp's. Today even a bmp is just an icon. How do I get the create from file to work again ? --=20 more pix @ http://members.toast.net/cbminfo/index.html ...

Macros for worksheet copy & paste?
I have 6 different excel files. How can I combine all 6 of them in one single excel file under individual worksheets (E.g. Worksheet1 for File1, worksheet2 for File2 ....etc)? I do not wish to copy & paste it manually. Can I use a macro to take care of it? If so, where can I find further info on how to go about it? THANKS!! Assuming (1) this is a one-time need, and (2) your workbooks have only one sheet each, this would probably be faster done by hand: 1) With all the files open choose one of the files to be the receiving file. 2) Select the sheet in the subsequent books, one at...

Creating a template using Publisher

unable to access mail after re-enable account
Hi, After enable an disable account and change its password, it can login to its mail account. What's happening. Is it normal? Thanks a lot What is the error message when user tries to access mailbox? Does the user still show in ADUC has having Exchange attributes? Have you looked at the MB using ESM to see if it is disconnected? "Raymond" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:136c01c46f11$d16f8390$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > After enable an disable account and change its password, > it can login to its mail account. What's hap...

Keyboard hooking through Accessibility
I am looking for a method to hook the keyboard without running a background process. I know there are APIs for hooking (SetWindowsHookEx), but I want to avoid the overhead of running another background process for this and make the task do by windows itself. I am thinking of tweaking the Accessibility option in windows for this. Can we anyway do this by writing any script or modifying or adding registry entries for Accessibility? Or is there any Accessibility specific APIs which can re-program the Accessibility feature to do our tasks when we press a key with Accessibility feature-on. An...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Excel 2000 macro security Level
Hi! I am running an ASP.NET application which ideally opens an Exce spreadsheet with a macro included in it. When I try opening spreadsheet without a macro, everything works fine, but with macros, i hangs on the opening command. I tried to go to Excel 2000 and go t Tools->Macros->Security Level->Low but it still hangs when I try t open the macro spreadsheet. All works fine with the spreadsheet no containing macros, so it really is a question of macro security. But put it to low, so I don't understand how it is still not opening!! An help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks and...

Running an Excel Macro from an Access Command Button
Hi , Can anyone help me with this, I am trying to run an excel macro from an access command button. I want the macro to Bold the Headings on a excel spreadsheet. The code runs without any errors but the macro doesnt seem to work, I think I have got the line ExcelApp.ExecuteExcel4Macro "RUN(""PERSONAL.XLS!BoldHead"")" wrong The code: Private Sub cmdRunMac_Click() Dim ExcelApp As Excel.Application Dim ExcelBook As Excel.Workbook Set ExcelApp = Excel.Application ExcelApp.Visible = True Set ExcelBook = ExcelApp.Workbooks.Open("C:\Documents and Settings\...

Creating a worksheet in Spanish
Hello, Is there a way to create a worksheet on MS XP Pro running Office 2003 Pro all in Spanish? Thank You Kent Hansen Hi Kent All valid formulas -except the ones from the Analysis Toolpack- will automatically translate to the language of the Excel it's opened in. So any spanish speaking Excel will translate formulas to spanish, no matter which version it was written in. The rest, text constants and such, has to be typed or pasted. Excel will not translate this herself. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:ACCCBA3A-53B4...

vba code to enable macros
Hi, Can we write a vba code to enable macros. In most of the sites it says we cant do that . The only thing we can do is change the macro setting or work around is hide the sheet which has macros. But none of them will work in my case. Can we change an excel security setting to from macro on open so that macros are enabled. No. If we can do that with code, then so could a hacker with bad intentions. Mike F "varsha12" <varsha12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBEB1614-C956-491B-B351-02DD9F711891@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can we w...

Times Subtraction Whith Access
Hi I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a time result (With Access). Like this: VarTime=[time1]-[time2] 10:05:40=18:05:50-08:00:10 Thanks Access really isn't intended to do things like that, but ?Format(#18:05:50# - #08:00:10#, "hh:nn:ss") 10:05:40 -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) <bennyzamir@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1175704084.566444.282820@b75g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > I need to know how to subtract between two times variants and to get a > time res...

DAO, Access, zero-length strings?
How can you set that you want to allow zero-length strings in a MS Access database with DAO? Also, how can you set that you want default values? Access doesn't seem to allow "DEFAULT" property... ...

Macro on a protected worksheet in a shared workbook.
Hi, I have a macro in protected worksheets that can't run once the Workbook is Shared. I have wrapped the Macro code so as the worksheet is unprotected for the time the Macro runs, and unable the Autofilter. The code is as follow at the moment: Sub Newaction() Sheets("Critical Path").Unprotect ("") ' Newaction Macro ' Macro recorded 17/11/2004 by Clifford ' ' Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=" Sheets("Critical Path").EnableAutoFilter = True Sheets("Critical Path").Protect contents:=True, userInter...

How do you access custom entities with javascript?
I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system attributes, but the second I try to get or set a value for a custom attribute, I get an error (null or not an object). My problem is I am checking the changed input to a field, and if it fails a certain criteria, I need to reset the original value. The best way I could think to do this was to store this value in a new attribute and then restore it if needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. jsankovitch@gmail.com wrote: > I'm about to pull my hair out. I have no problem accessing system > attributes, b...

Importing into Access 2000
I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not import or link. Any suggestions? Hi William, Suggestions? First one is to give us a bit more information: What happens when you try? Can you import other text files? What's different about this one? Separated or delimited? How many fields? Where did it originate? On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 14:57:16 -0800, "William Madison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a text file 13187 characters long. It will not >import or link. Any suggestions? -- John Nurick [Microsoft Access MVP] Please respond in th...

Import excel named range into Access error 3011
Hi, I've read a few posts on this topic, but none addresses my particular problem. I use Office 2003 on an XP SP3 machine. I am using transferspreadsheet to import a named range in an excel file into Access. This has worked beautifully until suddenly it stopped working. I find now that if I extract the address of the named range from within the Access VBA code, it looks like this: =#REF!$A$1:$Z$166 rather than this, which is what it should be: =Data!$A$1:$Z$166 When I open the spreadsheet and get the address of the named range in the immediate window, it also has the #REF error....

Access 2000
Hi, I have suddenly started experiencing a very strange phenomenon. If I edit a report and change anything in it, when I click on save, Access shuts down completely without saving the changes ! I have tried all of the various compact and repair scenarios, I've created a blank database and imported all my items into it - with no success, finally I've uninstalled and re-installed access again with no success. This is drving me nuts !!!!!!! Regards, Paul Did you try a decompile? Try these steps in order: 1. Uncheck the boxes under: Tools | Options | General | Name AutoCorrect...

Opening Excel from Access
Hello, Wasn't sure where to drop this question. I'm using Access 2003. After I dump a bunch of data to an Excel file, and save it off, I'd like to give the user the prompt to open the Excel file the app just created for them. I did a little digging, and found out that the FileDialog object does not support the Open file dialog type in MS Access, or as MSDN puts it: msoFileDialogOpen Not supported in Microsoft Access. So, anyone know of a workaround or a different approach to be able to prompt the user to open an Excel file from within Access? Thanks, Scott On Thu, 2 A...

Output to macro to sharepoint
Hi all i need help please, Using Access 2000 and up I have an update macro that is doing update to tables and produces a report that normally gets printed out. Now i need to stop printing reports and distribute them electronically. My idea is to have them in SNapshot format and push them to a SharePoint library. I have tried this several times and get 'The report snapshot was not created because you don't have enough free disk space for temporary work files'. It then goes on to tell me to empty my recycle bin. I have done a disk clean and nothing changed. Is it that i can't sa...

Accessing Mailboxes
In Exchange 2003, is it possible for me to access a users mailbox through exchange system manager, and delete mail from a folder? -- Wack ---- This message will self destruct. No. ESM does not give you any access to the actual mailbox structure. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Dave" <dav5489@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ecEAYiOwEHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Exchange 2003, is it possible for me to access a users mailbox through > exchange system manager, and delete mail from a folder? > > -- > Wack > ---- > This message will self destr...

How do I protect a macro to prevent change ?
I have protection turned on for both the worksheets and the workbook. Even so, the user can open Visual Basic Editor and change the macros. How to I protect the macros from being changed ? In Visual Basic go to tools > vga project properties > protection and you will see a section for pass words Try to keep the same pass for all of your work to make things easy if you need to get back in. cheers Pete -- (][ THIS EMAIL HAS BEEN SCANNED BY NORTON ANTIVIRUS ][) "Keisamcasco" <Keisamcasco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12E280B5-02DB-4F77-AD51-59EC0D...

Access 2003 Timecard form
I've been asked to create a timecard form to track employees start and end times, lunch times, meeting times and break times. Is there a template somewhere or something I can use to get started? Thanks I would suggest Google. I found a timecard template in less than 30 seconds. On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 07:53:01 -0800, Pedw4220 <Pedw4220@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've been asked to create a timecard form to track employees start and end >times, lunch times, meeting times and break times. Is there a template >somewhere or something I can use to g...