How to change the linking fields on a subform

I have a subform but want to change how they are linked

How can i do this

Thanks

0
Simon
10/22/2007 4:57:30 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Open the parent form in design view and select the subform control; that's
the control which houses the subform.  In its properties sheet change the
LinkMasterFields and LinkChildFields properties.  The former is usually the
name of a field in the parent form's underlying table or query, and the
latter the name of the corresponding field in the subform's  underlying table
or query.  The subform will return rows where the value of the field in
question matches that of the field in the parent form's current record.

Bear in mind that the LinkmasterFields property can also be the name of an
unbound control in the parent form, so you could have an unbound combo box
which lists all customers say, and the subform could show the selected
customer's orders.

Also the properties can include more than one field name, separated by a
semi-colon.  Both properties must include the same number of field names,
however.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

"Simon" wrote:

> I have a subform but want to change how they are linked
>

> How can i do this
>
> Thanks

You have to bring up the subform *control* properties.  To do that,
right-click on the very edge of your subform. It's a little tricky to find.
If you click in the subform, you'll get the properties for the form
contained in the subform control.  But if you click the edge, you get the
properties of the subform control.  You can tell when you have the right
one, because the property box heading will say Subform/Subreport: followed
by the form name.  When you're in the form property box, it will just have
the form name.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a subform but want to change how they are linked
>

> How can i do this
>
> Thanks

0
Roger
10/22/2007 6:00:25 PM
On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 09:57:30 -0700, Simon <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote:

>I have a subform but want to change how they are linked
>

>How can i do this
>
>Thanks

Open the main form in design view. Select the subform control - the box
containing the subform, not the form within that box - by clicking the edge of
it, or selecting it from the dropdown box listing all the controls on the form
(to the left of the toolbar).

Set the Master Link Field and Child Link Field properties as appropriate.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
10/22/2007 8:17:48 PM
"Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have a subform but want to change how they are linked
>

> How can i do this
>
> Thanks

0
Frances

How to link with an Access DB
Hi, I have an Acces DB with many tables. I need to choose the name of a customer in a cell of Excel. For example, in acces I have this tables: Table1 Id Name Last Name City I need to choose the last name from a drop down menu in a spreadsheet and then in other cell I need to put all the data regarding the last name that I choose. I hope to be exaustive, and sorry for my english. :-) Many Thanks Stefano ...

Changing Prices in HQ.
Hi, I have this little issue. I want to change the put items on promotion using the price wizard using HQ. Unfortunately if I have stores who has differents prices for a same item the wizard do not make the proper change becuase it use the price already stored in the master table. Does anyone saw this issue before? Who was solved?. Thks in advance for your help. Rgds Rodrigo Hi there, The easiest way to look after this is to not change any data on the ITEM in HQ, but to simply do the worksheet for altering the sale price and then send it to the respective stores. Then in the works...

Table link documentation

Saving toolbar changes

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Changing query execution sequence

Outlook 2003

Automatic changes in cells

Opening Multiple Web Links in a Column

How to change a background color with Publisher
How can I click on to a background color and change that background color to another color using Publisher? Ron Williams wrote: > How can I click on to a background color and change that background > color to another color using Publisher? ====================== Try these steps... Double left click the color you want to change and a Format screen should open that has a drop window with color choices. -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience Notice This is not tech support I am a volunteer Solutions that work for me may not work fo...

Chart Linking
How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. Kenneth Hi try the following: - open both workbooks - in the target workbook enter the equatrion sign '=' - now select with your mouse the source cell in the other workbook and hit ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kenneth" <pby5acat@tpg.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40b4a089@dnews.tpgi.com.au... > How can a cell in one workbook be linked to data in another workbook. > Kenneth > > Or copy the source cell, select the target cell, choose Paste Special from the Ed...

Change Domain Name on outgoing Emails
Our company just purchased another company with their own Exchange Server and AD infrastrure. We want all users in this new facility to have Email addresses with our Domain such as username@abc.com instead of their current Domain username@123.com. Until I migrate resources from their Forest into our Forest I have created contacts to forward all Emails from the abc Domain to the 123 Domain. When users reply or send Emails from the 123 Domain it still has their username@123.com Email address which will cause confusion with our customers and suppliers. How do I force their Emails to us...

Link Outlook 2003 to Exchange 5.5 over VPN
Hi How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from within Outlook 2003 exchange account Cheers Colin Put the IP address and server name of the Exchange server in your local computer's hosts file and see if you can then ping by name - if you can, you ought to be able to access the mailbox. That's just one quick way to do it....but it ought to work. Colin wrote: > Hi > > How do you do it?? I have a VPN, I can ping the ip of the > mail server (NT4) but cannot see it when I test from > within Outlook 2003 e...

How to change PERMANENTLY environment variables from batch script?
Ok, I know. In a batch file I can change environment variables temporarily (=for the current, remaining session) be entering e.g. set CLASSPATH=D:\newpath;%CLASSPATH% However these changes are not visible outside of the current session and furthermore they are lost after a reboot. Is there a(nother) way to change them PERMANENTLY from batch script? I can imagine that there is a way by a regedit or VisualBasic script or 3rd party cmdline tool. Again: I don't want to edit them manually e.g. in the "System" dialog in control panel. The change should take place on ...