How to change the AutoNumbers inID field in my finished database?

This may be a simple question but...
I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a
different way I have set it up.  Is this possible?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako
<Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Define "different".
-Tom.

>This may be a simple question but...
>I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a
>different way I have set it up.  Is this possible?
0
Tom
2/5/2008 4:23:34 AM
Jako <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a
>different way I have set it up.  Is this possible?

How do you have them setup and how do you want them to work?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
"Tom van Stiphout" <no.spam.tom7744@cox.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 19:48:01 -0800, Jako
> <Jako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> Define "different".
> -Tom.
>

>>This may be a simple question but...
>>I have already entered in my data and want to change the autonumbers, to a
>>different way I have set it up.  Is this possible?

0
hans

Kicking users out of database
I have a split database. There are times when I need to access the backend to make changes or additions, but often it is always open by a user. I am wondering if there is a way to have Access automatically close on the users pc after a set period of inactivity? Thanks, CEV Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/210297 (Don't worry if you're not using Access 2000: that approach works in all versions) -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "CEV" <chadv@advancebkg.com> wrote in message news:f2hlm80285c@enew...

Multiple Account Lookup fields
Hi all, These newsgroups have been an immense wealth of knowledge, thank you to all who contribute! I have one item that I'm struggling with. I have added a custom entity and added two N:1 relationships back to the accounts. This is giving me two lookup fields on the form for the custom entity which is what I wanted. However, what I didn't realised is I now show the custom entity twice on the Account form. I'll give an example of what I'm looking for, let's say I have a custom entity for a Building. What I want is to have a lookup field linked to an Account fo...

Derived Field
I'd like to insert a derived field into this situation tblShipments (Parent table) Shipment_No Shipment_Size tblShipment_Inspection (Child table) Shipment_No (connected field) Item_Dimension (part of the item being inspected to see if it is "good") Number_Out_Tolerance (number of items in the shipment that are bad for this dimension) I'd like to create the field "Der_Percent_Good" that calculates the percentage of good items in the shipment. (1 - Number_Out_Tolerance/Shipment_Size)*100. How would I do this since the tables a...

Money Bug 03/04: Stock Changes it's name but Maoney wont let that happen.
I have seen this in Money 2003 and now 2004. A company, such as DELL changes it's name but not is it symbol. When I download transactions Money asks if the new name is the same investment as the old name (obviously it is as they have the same symbol). I say yes it is the same. Money asks "Are You Sure Dell Computers is the same as Dell Inc". Regardless of how I answer this confirm It asks the first question again, and again and again and again until I admit that Dell Inc is NOT Dell Computer. Only then can I continue the reconcile. Every time I upgrade I wish I did not. I...

How do you get changes in the HQ Db picked up by Worksheets
Many times we need to make large volume changes to products in our RMS databases (over 26000 SKUs). We use MS Access queries to make those changes. Right now those changes need to be made in HQ and each of the SO databases. I would like to be able to make them in the HQ Db only and have the RMS work sheet process propigate the changes to all the SO Dbs. I am assuming that the DBTimestamp is what is being used to determine what records need to be update or not. How do I update the timestamp using MS Access to make this happen? Thanks, TomT If you can represent the ...

Sales Module and later Service Module on the same Database
If possible to install the sales licence ... use it... and later install the other module using the same database?? When you install CRM you can add any license (sales, service or suite), you can also remove or add licenses as needed. You will be using the same databases regardless of your license type. Thanks - Annie >-----Original Message----- >If possible to install the sales licence ... use it... and later install the >other module using the same database?? >. > That is true. But when you install the server... you use a licence that it's different between Sales...

Incorporating extender fields into the smartlist
Hi everybody, I have created a couple of extender fields under purchasing>Receiving Transactions Entry. I need to bring these fields under the smartlist relevant to the same window. Can anybody help me on this please. Thanks Hi Victor. In GP 8, if you go back to the design of the eXtender window, you should see a button on the lower right marked Smartlist. From there, you have to select which smartlist objects to integrate with. There may be a small delay between setting this up and actually having access to the fields in Smartlist. Hope this helps, Maria. "Victoria Menzes"...

ADC ConfigCA change
I have created a second SRS database and would like to remove my initial one as I want to decomission that server. Since the ADC ConfigCA points to my original SRS server how do I change it so that it points to my new SRS server? I'm wondering if I have to make the change using ADSIEDIT Regards, Brian Do you still have 5.5 servers in the org? just wondering why you would decommission a 2003 server and leave the 5.5 one hanging around.... "BrianG" wrote: > I have created a second SRS database and would like to remove my initial one > as I want to decomission tha...

Change margin on one page not all
I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but the margins crop some of them off. When I try to change the margins on one page it changes them all. Can anyone offer advise on what to do. I only want to change the margins on the one page. You will need to have a separate section to accomplish what you wish, see http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/workwithsectionscontent.htm for further information. Hope this helps DeanH "firefiten" wrote: > I am trying to insert a powerpoint 2007 created project into Word 2007, but >...

Database And Excel
I am currently using excel to manage a small database. The problem is my database is getting big and I need more then the 65000 lines excel can have. I have considered access but it lacks some important built-in features from excel. For exemple: - Easily Add multiples similar entry with incremental numbers - Add colors easily - Display Conveniency Maybe I just don't know how to use acces in this case I would appreciate a help as to where I could find info to do what I want Else is there a software that could fill my needs for such a database. In fact what I need is something usefull to...

Allow VBA code to change a locked cell??
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have written some VBA code that sets the values in certain cells using code like the following: Worksheets("MySheet").Range("A5") = MyValue This code works when my worksheet is not protected and cell A5 is not locked. When I protect the worksheet (with A5 locked), my code does not work. I get run-time error '1004' - "The cell or chart that you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only". I'd like to keep the cell locked (so users cannot edit it), but I do want my VBA code to be able...

Duplicating PivotChart / Changing PivotChart data range
I have a worksheet with a pivottable and an associated pivotchart, all nicely formatted. I want to make a duplicate of this so I can configure the data selection differently, but still retain the formatting. In Excel 2003, I just duplicated the worksheet and the new pivotchart would be associated with the new pivottable. In Excel 2007, I find the new pivotchart is *still* tied back to the original pivottable. Is there a way around this? If I select the PivotChart Tools, I see 'Select Data', but the section for "Chart data range" is grayed out and will not allow edits. I t...

Changing Names of Multiple Cell Link Ranges
I have a series of drop down boxes created with the Forms menu. The cell link range for each dropdown is different, as follows: Cell Link Box1 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp1 Cell Link Box2 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp2 Cell Link Box3 = DemandBase_A_UndistExp3 Cell Link Box...n = DemandBase_A_UndistExp...n I want to change them all at once to: DemandBase_A_OtherCost1 DemandBase_A_OtherCost2 DemandBase_A_OtherCost... I know I can change the entire name using the following code: Sub Change_Drop_Link() For Each bx In ActiveSheet.DropDowns If bx.LinkedCell = "DemandBase_A_UndistExp1" Then ...

How to automatically populate an Excel database w/data from many forms?
I have a data collection spreadsheet laid out like a form for multipl users; each user will do a save as to create hundreds of records o copies of this form. We are using the data collected to build an Exce database. Currently we are manually keying the data from the form into a single spreadsheet (the database). Is there a way to automat the transfer of the data from the forms into the database? Also, eac record will have a unique ID number. We are working in MS Excel 2002. Thank you -- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I think I'd tell the user to run a macro that...

Cannot change criteria on copied chart without changing original c
I have a chart that I created from a pivot table. Instead of creating 40 plus charts individually, I tried to copy the original chart and change the location for each chart. When I change the facility location for one chart it changes all others. How can I get around this? Steve You'll need to make independent pivot tables for each chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services 774-275-0064 208-485-0691 fax jon@peltiertech.com http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07FF39D...

Need to change text to csv
My credit card company has an export feature. One of the options is ".csv (Excel). This used to give me a nice clean spreadsheet with each column of information in a separate Excell column. I guess it converted on the fly or something. But now it seems to be a "comma delimited text file" In other words, only the first Excel cell in each row has data in it, and it looks like this in each row (the first row has headings). 1,"03/24/2005","HARVARD CS","Credit","$39.95". What can I do to get all those comma delimited items into sep...

vendor master should have separate field for 1099 legal name
Need to insert a field about the Vendor Maintenance Options window above the field labeled Tax ID. The new field should be labeled 1099 Tax Name or 1099 Legal Name. This field should be 40 characters. This field should then be the field used on the 1099 form at year end. It could be pre populated with the name entered on the vendor maintenance window but changed as necessary. This woud allow users to continue using the Vendor Name and Vendor Check Name fields as normal for every day business requirements. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

System process using port 6106
Guys can the system process port be changed? It's using port 6106 which Symantec BE requires and it won't startup the application if it can't use this port. Any ideas guys? ...

How do I change row names from A to something else in Excel?
I will like to change row and column labels from standard to my own is there a way? e.g. instead of A, B, C and so on can I not name them looks more professional. You can hide the column headers (tools>Options>View); that will also hide the row numbers. Use Row 1 for labels, use Windows>Freeze Panes to keep Row 1 visible -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "laidbackmate" <laidbackmate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7476C4AB-2DDC-4C1A-8C73-227FD0E009C7@microsoft.com... >I will like to change row and column labels from standa...

Incrementing a Field to the Next Value
Hello: I need a T-SQL query that returns a string value and, from the latest dataset that I have, returns the next number. This would be, then, that string value "+1". Now, regardless of whether there are leading 0's, I want SQL to return the next number for this string field. This, in essence, is the value returned from the query "+ 1". So, if the value in the field were 000039, then I would want SQL through this T-SQL query to return "40". Or, if the field were 1157, I would want it to return "1158”. In other words, I want for...

How can i change Series references?
Sub Macro8() ' ' Macro8 Macro ' Macro does not change Series references TitleName = "Stripper Well Survey - " Windows("StripperWellsMod.xls").Activate Sheets("Charts").Select Range("A1").Select SheetColumn = 1 ChartNum = 1 ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate Sheets("#of wells").Select RowLoc = LTrim(Str$(43 + ChartNum)) NameLoc = "B" + RowLoc 'eg: B44 Range(NameLoc).Select 'state name, eg: ALABAMA CTitle = TitleName + ActiveCell.Value Sheets(...

Percent Change #2
I have a user that is trying to calculate a running total or percent changes for the year. We have already calculated the daily percent change for each day, and now they want to have a running daily total of the yearly percent change as well as an actual total of the percent that has changed. Any help would be appreciated. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/200512/1 I see that your post hasn't been answered. You may want to give more detail. I'm having trouble visualizing what your starting point is and what you want to do. Since...

Changing exchange 2k3 administrator password
Greetings- My company really needs to change the exchange 2k3 admin password for security reasons (old employees possess that password). It needs to be done but I am apprehensive. I am afraid to change it because I am worried that it might affect services. I don't want to bring our mail system down. Are my fears appropriate or will it not affect mail services? Thanks for any input. There is no E2003 System Administrator account per se in E2003 as it was in Exch 5.5, Exchange 200x runs under the local system account, so unless you have done something screwy or are in mixed mode , there sho...

What is the size limit of the notes field in an Outlook contact re
When I looked at the properties of the notes field within a contact record in Outlook, it displayed he following information Field Properties Name: Notes Type: Integer Format: 1,234 I was expecting a memo or text data type? ...

mail merge form data to word field
I'd like to be able to fill-in data into an Access Form and then export the fields to a Microsoft Word Template with merge fields setup. Can anyone set me in the right direction? Take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html specifically the spuer easy word merge -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "neenmarie" wrote: > I'd like to be able to fill-in data into an Access Form and then export the > fields to a Microsoft Word Template with merge fields setup. Can anyone set > me in the right direction? ...