How to avoid user open the same "mde" file more than 1 time?

Dear All,

Does anyone know how to avoid the user open the same Access "mde" file more
than 1 time? I know how to do it on Visual Basic, but it won't work on
Access program.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Daryl

0
Egg
4/25/2007 4:58:16 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

"Egg" <darylchoy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know how to avoid the user open the same Access "mde" file more
>than 1 time? I know how to do it on Visual Basic, but it won't work on
>Access program.

API: Preventing multiple instances of a database
http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0041.htm
ACC2000: How to Determine If Specific Windows Program Is Running
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q210605

Do note that if you change the title of your Access MDB in the Startup
options that's the title you must look for.

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

It is very useful, will try. Thank you.

Regards,

Daryl

"Egg" <darylchoy@hotmail.com> �b�l��
news:uxUpTZvhHHA.3412@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl �����g...
> Dear All,
>
> Does anyone know how to avoid the user open the same Access "mde" file
more
> than 1 time? I know how to do it on Visual Basic, but it won't work on
> Access program.
>
> Thank you in advance.
>

> Regards,
>

> Daryl

0
Egg

Creating an MDE database in code
I have arequirement to send out a database to be used by other personnel, this database creates other databases for clients, I want the Client databases created to be mde's so that no one can go in and mess with the code or forms. Any ideas? On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 12:48:01 -0800, Blondie <Blondie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: How about: RunCommand acCmdMakeMDEFile -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >I have arequirement to send out a database to be used by other personnel, >this database creates other databases for clients, I want the Client >databases cre...

Access 2002
The facility to make MDE file is greyed out why? The database is in Access 2000 format. Convert to 2002 format: File | Database Utilities | Convert | 2002. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia. Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Bob Spence" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15c201c4a7ad$cf37add0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > The facility to make MDE file is greyed out why? ...

mde 05-21-10
Hi Everybody, Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers in the right direction on how it is done. Kind regards, Nick Nick 'The Database Guy' schrieb: > Does anyone know if there is a way of saving an access mdb as a .mde > file using code, if there is I would be very grateful of some pointers > in the right direction on how it is done. http://www.trigeminal.com/lang/1031/utility.asp?ItemID=8#8 or SysCmd 603 , "YourMdb", "YourMde" may...

MDE help
I'm trying to configure my MDB file to an MDE file. When I run the Compile on my code it is giving me an error on the following code: Private Sub cboBannerLabel_AfterUpdate() Me.txtReportName = DLookup("[Report Name]", "[tblAMUDailyRptsMatrix]", "[Banner Label]='" & Me.cboBannerLabel & "'") Me.txtJobName = DLookup("[Job Name]", "[tblAMUDailyRptsMatrix]", "[Banner Label]='" & Me.cboBannerLabel & "'") Me.txtQueue = DLookup("[Queue Data Goes In]&q...

exe that opens an app that talks to an MDE -- security question
Hello everyone -- I've inherited an interesting mess. We have multiple apps where you start the app by running an EXE, the data is in MDE files, and Access security is enabled. The person who established this is long gone, and any source or development notes are also long gone. Apps are breaking, and we're trying to straighten out the mess. I need to at least recover the data so we can build new supportable apps. I'm an Access geek, and have created a few secured Access apps along the way, so I understand the general landscape, but this environment is throwing...

mde, performance advantage?
I am running a multi-user db (5-10 users) which is run on runtime so the user do not have the ability to mess around. I am the sole person which has a full blown copy of ms access in the company. Is there an advantage for me to deploy my db as an mde in this case? Will I gain in performance? or can I leave it in the native mdb format? Thank you, QB "QB" <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote >I am running a multi-user db (5-10 users) which is run on runtime so the user > do not have the ability to mess around. I am the sole person which has a &...

importing report from mde to mdb
This is our scenerio: Our previous db person used both ends mdb and mde to make changes, creating some reports, forms and so on so forth. My problem now: How can I import report/form from mde to mdb and vice- versa. As you guess I can't make the changes from mdb and run mde; because there are some reports on the mde end. Thanks a lot "nemony" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:011501c4fe57$82d3e070$a301280a@phx.gbl... > This is our scenerio: > > Our previous db person used both ends mdb and mde to make > changes, creating some re...

Conversion to mde
Hi.. I have a mdb file now that has linked tables to the SQL server and I would like to convert it to a mde file. However, I cant seem to do it. There's a error msg saying ' Microsoft Access is unable to make a mde database'. Sometimes, the computer hangs when I try to convert into mde format. Any ideas? Thanx Ling Ling, Two possibilities come to mind: 1. There may be coding errors or problems in the database; these will prevent the creation of an MDE. Open any code module and, from the VBA menu, select Debug, then Compile. If there are any errors, you will see an e...

Grey Screen From MDE file
I'm using Microsoft Office 2003 Professional. I've built an Access 2003 database application and used the Tools, Database Utilities, Make MDE to create a *.mde file of my *.mdb file. The compile or build worked fine. I can open the MDE on my machine and it works fine, but when the *.mde file is copied to another desktop unit, that supposedly has the required Access Runtime files on it, and you attempt to open the *.mde file, Access opens, but only shows you a Grey screen with a single Toolbar on the top of the open form, no other forms are displayed, no tables, no queries, n...

Converting Access '97 .mde file
Hi, this is my first time so please be gentle! I have an access file created under Access'97, setup as read only and converted to .mde format. I now need to view this file under Access '02 I don't have the origional mdb files, is this possible??? Thanks You will need some professional help to achieve this. If you can demonstrate that you are the developer or have legal rights for the original database, you could talk to Wayne Phillips at: http://www.everythingaccess.com/mdeconversion.htm (I am not connected to Everything Access in any way, other than being a satisfied cu...

Unable to create MDE 09-11-03
I appreciate any help anyone can give. I am trying to convert my front-end database to an MDE and I get the error message "Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database." I have successfully converted the back-end to an MDE. I then reset the links in the front-end to point to the back-end MDE instead of the back-end MDB. I have checked that all of the forms and queries work. I have compiled the VBA modules with no errors. This is not a replicated database. User-Level Security is the only other thing I can find in the books that might be the problem but I do not know...

Creation of MDE causing problem
I have a form that works fine in MDB database until I create an MDE file. Once I have done that, both in the MDE and the MDB, whenever the form is closed I get a dialogue box asking to Enter Parameter Value for the 1st field on the form - which is a short date field. If you answer "OK" or "Cancel" it will close fine. If I go into design mode and save the form, everything is fine in the MDB then - until I create an MDE again and then I get the message back. I have checked everything that I can think of but with no success - it is driving me crazy! (And I am sure tha...

Do Libraries become a part of an MDE
If I biuld a database with a variety of active-x controls from different libraries and I build the front end into an MDE will the library files stay with it or do they still need to be loaded on each PC that this runs on? The libraries remain with the installed version of Access which is why many developers avoid ActiveX controls and use Late Binding. http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/latebinding.htm Programmer - wannaB wrote: >If I biuld a database with a variety of active-x controls from different >libraries and I build the front end into an MDE will the library files stay >with...

Can't Convert to MDE
I'm trying to convert my MDB frontend to an MDE but Access is refusing. It keeps coming up with the message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database." I'm doing this through the Database Utilities menu. Is there something I'm over-looking? Thanks, Alan Alan Yim wrote: > I'm trying to convert my MDB frontend to an MDE but > Access is refusing. It keeps coming up with the message: > > "Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database." > > I'm doing this through the Database Utilities menu. Is > there someth...

Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database
I am receiving the "Microsoft Access was unable to create an MDE database" message and I've read through all of the previous postings on this. I am running Access2000 SP3 off of an XP OS, my code all compiles, I have repaired and compacted, I do not have anywhere near 500 forms on this application. I have previously made this same application into an .mde hundreds of times. So, I do not know why now (all of a sudden) it won't work. Any other suggestions? See whether there's anything relevant at http://www.access.qbuilt.com/html/conversion.html#CannotMakeMDE -- Do...

Zoom (Shift F2) function isn't working in mde
Hi We have a mde running on Access 2003 on Terminal Services. We used to be able to use Shift F2 to open up the notes pages to type into, but since we've moved it to Terminal Services, this doesn't work now? Others using the same database on TS in another organization don't have this problem. Suggestions gratefully rec'd. Many thanks ...

Recover .mde format
Greetings, Is there any way at all to convert an .mde file back to .mdb so I can recover the forms/reports/modules, etc.? My laptop with the original .mdb files was stole. Unfortunately, the CD's with the backups of the files were also in the computer case. I know I may be shooting in the dark here, but any assistance will be appreciated. jn No, it is not possible to convert an MDE back to an MDB. -- Cheryl Fischer, MVP Microsoft Access Law/Sys Associates, Houston, TX "jn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:113f501c3f58b$1e715930$a101280...

Running Acc97 mde from AccXP Runtime
Can I run an Acc97 MDE without conversion in Access XP Runtime? If source is not available and XP upgrade is mandated by corp HQ what can i do? Chuck >-----Original Message----- >I think not. (But am not 100% sure!) >A2002 normally uses a 2000 or 2002 format. >-- >Joe Fallon >Access MVP > > > >"Chuck Anderson" <canders3@exchange.communitymedical.org> wrote in message >news:02ec01c34e71$387a3570$a301280a@phx.gbl... >> Can I run an Acc97 MDE without conversion in Access XP >> Runtime? >> > > >. > In Access ...

mdb looks and acts like mde
Hi I have a FE split mdb file, which seems to have been corrupted. The FE mdb does not open due to error stated as "The Microsoft Jet database engine stopped the process because you and another user are attempting to change the same data at the same time" There is a mde file which shows the (locked) icon - but i cannto see any ..ldb file anywhere. This mde file opens fine. There is another mdb file, which only opens looking and acting like an mde file (with no Design views) Does anyone have any ideas on how I might recover my mdb file? Thanks! The first...

Create datasheet in MDE
My application creates a datasheet on the fly. Users make a selection from a set parameters including column names, sort order, etc and the code populates a querydef with the set of columns selected by the user. This works fine in an MDB. The equivalent MDE crashes - "That command isn't available in an MDE database" Please tell me how to add/delete columns from a querydef in an MDE file? DT On Tue, 18 May 2010 12:57:59 -0400, "DRedDog" <dreddog69@hotmail.com> wrote: What command? Surely MDE would allow you to create a sql statement and ass...

Converting an Access 2002 .mdb file into .mde
hi, i was trying to convert my access 2002 .mdb file into .mde . However i wasn't able to do so as the whole Microsoft Access Program 'hangs' or does not responds and i need to close the program. Why does it hangs? I tried it out on 3 computers but all three computers also hang. As far as I know... You need to get a "clean" mdb before you can convert it to an mde. A "clean" mdb means this: -Decompile the mdb using the undocumented /decompile switch. (it's partially undocumented, it's actually documented at www.trigeminal.com and even now referred ...

Problem creating an MDE
When I try to make an MDE of an MDB , I am getting the following error- "Microsoft Office Access was unable to create an MDE database." In ShowHelp >> "This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Due to the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Microsoft Jet database engine version 4.0 can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects ...

Problem creating .mde with Access97 on Windows7
An error occurs when creating a mde with Access97 on Windows7 professional edition The error message : Error compilation in module ...(module name) But, there is no compilation error when compiling the database Thanks for help eb ...

cannot open an MDE due to version issue.
We had an external developer create a MDE wich should be connecting to a back end SQL database. It has been some time since I actually tried to use this MDE. We were advised to makes sure clients had Access 2003 with SP2 installed. I actually tried to open the MDE file and got a message: "You do not have the correct version. Please get the latest version" We currently currently have not yet entered any data, do I also got a clean version of the MDE and also restored the SQL database from the original that was set up by the consultant. Any suggestions as to what could have ...

Error Compiling Large Database into MDE file
I am getting this error message when I try to convert my Access 2003 application into an MDE file. What can I do? This error is usually associated with compiling a large database into an MDE file. Due to the method used to compile the database, a considerable number of TableID references are created for each table. The Microsoft Jet database engine version 4.0 can only create a maximum of 2048 open TableIDs at one time. Exporting a database as an MDE potentially can exceed this limit if the database has a large number of objects (table, macro, form, report, etc). There is no accurate...