How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007

Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted?  I've been spending close
to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the
navigation has been changed.  Is there a way to get the old style back?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the
new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...)

Suggestions:

- The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for:
    All Access Objects

- Set Category to:
    Object Type

- The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse.

- Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as you type.

If you teach/develop for others, you need to persist with it until you
become familiar with using it. If you only handle your own databases and
don't want to learn the new stuff, Avenius Gunter has created a Database
Window for A2007:
    http://www.avenius.de/index.php?Produkte:DBC2007

Although I don't use the Nav Pane as the user interface, it is possible to
use it in ways that the Database window did not suppport:
    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345601033.aspx?pid=CH100645691033

Other suggestions on adapting to A2007:
    http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

"Ricomyer" <Ricomyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted?  I've been spending
> close
> to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the
> navigation has been changed.  Is there a way to get the old style back?

0
Allen
2/7/2008 1:18:44 AM
Thanks for the tip.

"Allen Browne" wrote:

> It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the
> new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...)
>
> Suggestions:
>
> - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for:
>     All Access Objects
>
> - Set Category to:
>     Object Type
>
> - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse.
>
> - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as you type.
>
> If you teach/develop for others, you need to persist with it until you
> become familiar with using it. If you only handle your own databases and
> don't want to learn the new stuff, Avenius Gunter has created a Database
> Window for A2007:
>     http://www.avenius.de/index.php?Produkte:DBC2007
>
> Although I don't use the Nav Pane as the user interface, it is possible to
> use it in ways that the Database window did not suppport:
>     http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HA102345601033.aspx?pid=CH100645691033
>
> Other suggestions on adapting to A2007:
>     http://allenbrowne.com/Access2007.html

> "Ricomyer" <Ricomyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted?  I've been spending
> > close
> > to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the
> > navigation has been changed.  Is there a way to get the old style back?

Customizing the Ribbon in Outlook 2007
Outlook 2007 Sample: Ribbon Extensibility Add-In - English http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=11ab93bf-48dc-4f73-8f6b-62b4482a92bc&DisplayLang=en Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Technical Articles Customizing the Ribbon in Outlook 2007 http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms788199.aspx CH ...

Accessing SSRS through SSMS
Without giving someone membership into the "BUILTIN\Administrators" group, how would one enable a user to be able to access SSRS through SSMS? SSMS >> Connect >> Reporting Services >> {Server Name} I'm currently getting the error below: TITLE: Connect to Server ------------------------------ Cannot connect to {servername}. (removed the server name) ------------------------------ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: A connection to the computer cannot be established. (Microsoft.SqlServer.Management.UI.RSClient) ------------------------------ Acces...

Forms 12-19-07
Can somebody help me on this please,am a beginner to programming. I have two multiselect listbox for filtering report and printing it.After printing it i want to flag the record in table and when the form is loaded again it shouldnot show the flagged records. I could do upto printing but i donot know how to update table and filter form again. After printing you need to run an update query to update your table to set the flag. When the form is initially loaded, you will have to run an update query to reset all the flags. What is the purpose of maintaining these flags? -Dorian "Sure...

Money 2007
Howdy, I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I'd run into any problems doing it that way. Anyone know for sure? In microsoft.public.money, Mr B wrote: > > >I have 2 PCs with Money 2007 on them. Can I store the main MNY file on a >network share and then access it from both PCs (not at the same time >obviously)? Just not sure if everything is stored in that one file or if I...

Determing active form to process function
I suppressed the Ctl-P shortcut by creating a ^p autokey macro that does nothing. Now I want Ctl-P to execute a function if a specific form is open and do nothing otherwise. I added a condition to the macro that if the active from is Data Entry ([Screen].[ActiveForm].[Name]="Data Entry"), it should run the function and the next command is StopMacro. The function runs correctly if the active form is Data Entry, but it returns the error "The Object you referenced in the Visual Basic Procedure as an OLE object isn't an OLE Object" if the screen the user is on is ...

Advanced Find not working!
Help please - any ideas? It used to work! Outlook Express 6 Cheers Susan Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted ...

unauthenticated access
Hello All, I am getting the following when trying to send an e-mail to my Exchange server. Connected to XX.XX.XX.XX but sender was rejected. Remote host said: 530 5.7.1 Client was not authenticated This 2007 is so radically different than 2003 and I don't know where SMTP Virtual Connector is at. How do I turn off this annoying "feature"? Thanks, locoytravieso So, you want to turn your exchange server into an open relay? "locoytravieso" wrote: > Hello All, > > I am getting the following when trying to send an e-mail to my Exchange > server. > ...

"Table Tents"
I have Office 2007 and can use Publisher or Word:). I need to make "table tents" for 30 different exhibitors' tables, for a non-profit expo. My idea is to turn an 8.5 X 11 page to landscape. So I have the 8.25 up and down. Then I just need to write one line of text in Cambria 48 text size- twice on each page. I would like to print two of the exhibitors per page (non-profit, you know). Splitting it at ~4.0. Each Table tent would be cut to a 11 X ~4 inch size and then that would be folded in half. I would fold over each half page, and the name would be visible at t...

Pivot table field types
Hi, when dragging in data fields into a pivot table, the default field type most often comes up as 'count'. I often have to right click over the field, and change the field setting to sum, and do this individually for each field. Does someone know if there is a way to change the default to 'sum' or to quickly convert all the data fields to sum in my pivot table? This is annoying the hell out of me! Much appreciated, Steve. -- stevehere ------------------------------------------------------------------------ stevehere's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?actio...

Styles on Quick Access Toolbar
The company I work for has not migrated to Word 2007 because of its limitations as a document tool for the simple-minded. For Word 2003, we created custom toolbars that have buttons for macros, buttons for styles, etc. Our engineers don't want to scroll through one huge list to select a style; they want to click a button; otherwise, they pick anything handy. I have Word 2007 at home and am trying to figure out a way to have style buttons on the Quick Access Toolbar. BTW...I am hoping Word 2008 returns the toolbar flexibility back to us, such as having multiple custom tool...

duplicate names in Pivot Table
The more I use Excel, the more surprises I get! I have a Pivot table based on a 16-column data list, one of the columns being "End Uses," say, office machines, laptops, FAX machines, etc., a total of 15 different end uses. Each End use occurs several times in the column. For some reason, two of these end uses, though spelled identically, appear twice on the drop-down list of the table. Any idea how that might have happened? Probably one of the items has a space character at the end, and the other doesn't. K. Georgiadis wrote: > The more I use Excel, the more surpri...

pivot table
hi Though I have been using Excel for quite a while. I just did my first pivot table today. I need a report based on specific date (Actually it is every Sunday). The date I have entered are Nov 1, 2009 and Nov 8, 2009) in the Excel but when I used date as the page report filter. The date filter is <Nov 1 > Nov 9 with many dates in between. How do I make it to show only Nov 1, 2009 and Nov 8, 2009. I really very happy because pivot table really useful tool except for my problem re date. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/exce...

insert table into connecting text box w/link
How do I insert a rather large table (single column, many rows) into text boxes which overflow from page to page? You don't... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "display name" <display name@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B397C80A-B72D-4D1B-B106-E14E3222A331@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a rather large table (single column, many rows) into text > boxes which overflow from page to page? ...

outlook 2007 enhance email tracking
it's very common to get into email conversations.. where an original email is sent.. then several people reply.. and you have about 30 emails on one topic.. the situation gets more complex.. when the thread breaks off.. into another thread (or someone changes the title or removes others.. outlook 2007 can find related email threads .. but I'd like to see the ability to be smart enought to delete the older threads or show a graphic link of messages.. so only the latest email in a thread is replied to. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft resp...

Link current query to a table?
I'm trying to create a cost estimate form, and I'm working on one underlying query to power it. Its based off a lot number. A certain digit in our lot number indicates the blend of the product. I have a table of blend codes and descriptions based on that digit. I have a column to calculate the blend code from the lot number but I am having no luck getting the description into either the query or the form. I have tried a Dlookup but I seem to have trouble getting it to refer back to the query that it is in. I know I could create another table of Lots and their associ...

Prevent data change in custom view
In a custom view on a public folder, where data are grouped, it is possible to change editible fields in items by dragging & dropping it from one group to another. In my case this happened erroneously and data were changed unintentionally. Is there a way to prevent any data change in a view, e.g.to make a view READ-ONLY? ...

Drop-down list in a form
I am a novice in Access. I want to create a drop-down list in a form. Microsofts' instructions states: "...make sure the form or data access page is based on a record source that includes a foreign key field or Lookup field." What does this mean and how is it done? Thank you. ramudo, It sounds like you want to create a combo box. Just use the wizrd and follow the directions. However, if by drop down list you do not mean a combo box please elaborate... -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know,...

how do i find and delete downloaded documents sent to me
WANTING TO REMOVE LARGE DOCUMENTS E-MAILED TO ME -- HOW DO I FIND THEM AND DELETE THEM -- BOGGING DOWN MY COMPUTER Clean up your inbox. Clean up your sent folder. Clean up your deleted folder. As for cleaning up files on the harddrive, it depends on what your email program is. I know some versions of Netscape use the Temp folder windows start button|run %temp% is a quick way to get to that temp folder. I think Outlook Express uses the Temporary Internet files Open windows explorer rightclick on the C: drive (in the left hand window) select properties On the General Tab, click on the &q...

Access
Is it true that before you can reposition a field on the form, you must first select it by clicking the control for the field? -- Star "Star" <Star@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:DE01AEB7-13A6-4AA8-B091-0B779378BE1C@microsoft.com... > Is it true that before you can reposition a field on the form, you must > first > select it by clicking the control for the field? Not sure if this is what you mean, but when opening a form you can press Ctr-A to select all objects and then press Tab consecutively to select every object separately. John ...

Can access to contacts be limited?
Can you limit access to the contact information on a per sales representative basis? Yes this is possible by using security roles and priviledges. The administrator can change these settings in the settings side tab. Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "jbreeves" wrote: > Can you limit access to the contact information on a per sales representative > basis? ...

30 tables in a form?
How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Access doesn't let me do it and gave me an error? You need to provide more information. A form may be based on a query comprising several tables, but it is unclear what you mean when you say you "tried to put all my tables into a form". In what way exactly are you attempting to do that, and what is the error message? What do you hope to accomplish? <emerlita@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1176302831.519449.88430@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > How come when i tried to put all my tables into a form, Acce...

Outlook 2007 trying to send an email that does not exist
Hi Outlook is stuck trying to send a message (1 of 1) that does not exist in my Outbox. I have tried using OutlookSpy to delete any read receipts but there are none. Also I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook with no luck. I have tried to create a new PST, set it as default and delete the Outbox in the original PST but the delete option was ghosted. This is becoming very frustrating as although I am able to send other mails they take a very long time to go. Any help would be much appreciated. Does the problem go away when you set the new pst as default? -- Dia...

find instances & report neighboring values
I am attempting to sub total amounts by month for a fairly large number of items. I would like to have excel find all instances on one date (Oct-05 or Jan-06 for example) and report all of the values in the cell neighboring each (ex, if I am adding the Oct-05 values, I want it to find the Oct-05 in d-4 and d-8 and report the value for e-4 and e-8). Once the values are reported, I need the values added . I don't care to see each value but I do need the total to be seen. =SUMIF(D:D,A1,E:E) where A1 hoilds the date to test for. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailin...

Word 2007 - 'save as PDF add-in'
I have a relatively simply docx document which has a single organizational chart. When I go to publish it as a PDF using the 'save as PDF add-in', the image quality is extremely poor! Missing lines, images are chalky... Is there a fix for this by any chance? Thank you, QB Low quality images can indeed be degraded further but the disappearance of entire lines is strange. What happens if you print the pdf to paper? Are the lines on the paper? Sometimes a pdf can have display issues with thin lines while they are actually there. Yves "QB" <QB@d...

OWA Access #6
What settings do I need to change in IIS so users get prompted to enter their details when login to OWA. At the moment OWA opens the mailbox of the loged in user by default. Im running Exchange 2003 clustered. There are a few things that you can do. While you can remove integrated authentication, I would suggest enabling Forms Based Authentication. MSExchange has two good articles on items surrounding FBA: http://www.msexchange.org/pages/search.asp?query=fba Bob "Lazo Basic" <l_basic.Nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uKqiyJLeFHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...