How do you sort records in a table using Database?

I am suppose to sort the table by the Records Series field and then by the
Record field. How do I do this?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You don't sort a table.  Create a query based on the table and sort that.

Hope this helps

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"Sonja" wrote:

> I am suppose to sort the table by the Records Series field and then by the
> Record field. How do I do this?

Bizarre Sales Tax Table Issue
I have four taxes set up in my system, and confirmed in the TAX table in the database: ID Description Rate 1 Sales Tax 0% 2 VAT 15% 3 VAT-EX 0% 4 VAT-ZR 0% If I create a new item, and select VAT, then check the ITEM table, the TaxID = 3 for that item. You would think that the system would apply the VAT-EX taxation on the item. However, when i do a transaction, it puts the 15% rate on the item and everything seems work out okay, including the reports, which show that VAT was collected. The TransactionEntry table has the proper sales ...

master and msdb Database Restore
If and why we need to backup master and msdb Database for restoring MS-CRM? thanks in advance Master and msdb are both changed when CRM is installed (logins are added to master, and a few jobs are added to msdb), but should not subsequently change (other than job history in msdb) due to CRM activity. Therefore as a minimum I'd recommend backing them both up after the CRM install, and after any other changes (non-CRM related). As for restoring, you should only need to restore them if the whole SQL server needs to be restored Hope this helps "MaxF." wrote: > If and why...

CRM 3.0/4.0: Views to show record that is created X Days Ago
I have a simple requirement to create a View with condition that the record is created x days ago, for example the record that is created 3 days ago. The only operator that is available for datetime (e.g. createdon) is only Last X Days, which if i show Last 3 Days, will show the records that were created today, yesterday, and 2 days ago. Is there any operator or any way to show the record that were created 3 days ago? I try to put condition "createdon Last 3 Days" and "NOT createdon Last 2 days", but there is no "NOT" operator in CRM. I try to insert new attribut...

Excel Database
I'm developing a database in Excel and I need some help with macros. The scenario: It's a database of drink short takes for a bar. Each tab has a different summary category, such as spirits, wines, cocktails, etc... Cells in each summary tab links to a new tab, where the data for that entry is explained (the short take sheets themselves). Short take planner Now, imagine a simple monthly calendar, each cell corresponding to each day of the month that has a drop down list of values to choose from. First, I would like to make this drop down list show data from the...

count a pair of numbers in row in a table
Hello, my question is: we have the following table: 34 29 13 15 7 15 8 40 11 24 13 6 8 21 38 9 17 23 1 4 22 38 42 37 16 1 18 11 37 41 5 42 18 33 45 9 1 21 41 15 41 1 27 23 42 23 29 7 38 18 42 12 26 34 36 and this one in another sheet 1 2 3 1 2 3 I want to fill the second table with the sum of how many times the numbers if each row and column appear in the same row in the first table. for example: how many time the numbers 2 and 3 appear together in the same row on the first table Nik, Assume t...

Fire a Workflow using a Callout
Hi, I would like to fire a WorkFlow using a callout. I got problems to do that. Can you tell me how I can do that? I tried it like that: CrmService.ExecuteWFProcessRequest wf = new LetterSalutation.CrmService.ExecuteWFProcessRequest(); wf.ProcessId = GetWorkflowProcessId(workflowName, entityContext); myService.Execute(wf); But I get an error: Server was unable to process request. Can you help me? Simon ...

Add the same field twice to a pivot table but filter one of them?
In my datasheet, I have a "cost" column and a "date" column so each cost has an associated date. In my pivot table, I've added the "cost" as a field, which shows the total and this is fine. However, I'd like to add the "cost" as a field again and this time selecting which dates to include in the cost number so that I have two cost fields side by side. Is something like this possible? Hi That is not possible in the same PT. You will need to set up a second PT based upon the same data set as the first but do NOT use the same Pivot Cache to save ...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

create a database
Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay you the fee. Sheryl On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:26:01 -0700, Sheryl <Sheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Steve can you email me I really need a database created as well and will pay >you the fee. Sheryl Luckily for you, he can't, because he doesn't know your email address. Don't post it here, or even worse spammers than Steve will pick it up. I would recommend that you find someone (perhaps locally) who can help you, rather than paying someone who has habitually and constantl...

how to route messages using the internet and not the VPN c
Hi, we are currently in the process of evaluating exchange 2003 in the past we used 3rd party POP3 mail servers for each office, so each office also had it's own MX record no problem that way..BUT now we implemented AD and one of the exch2k3 server is the US is holding the Primary dns MX record for the company the same MX record that we want everyone else to use ( i.e someone@company.com ) regardless to which office they are located in. when the mail is being intercepted on the primary mail server, it's routing itself via the AD GC's servers internally on the vpn connection, becasu...

Database Field Sizes.
I have two small problems, firstly Can the Matrix Description field size be increased to 40/60 chars at present too small. or is there a bigger field i can use eg the extended description field size increased. We need a way that when a saleperson inputs a sale order at the POS and the item needs to be special order the following information is automatically passed to the purchased order for the supplier. 1, supplier Ref number for item. 2, Supplier Colour (four suppliers have 56 colours each) 3, Size of Dress etc 4, delivery date required 5, Order confirmation date and number from suppli...

Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 to build Windows Phone OS Image??
Hi, Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone OS Image?? If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? Since the Windows Phone 7 core is Windoes CE 6.0.I am curious to know whether Windows Phone 7 OS Image can be built using Platform builder. TIA, Nithin On 29 June, 10:29, Nithin <nithin.papd...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi, > > Can we use WINCE 6.0 R2 or R3 platform builder to build Windows Phone > OS Image?? > > If yes Which option I need to select while building the OS Image?? > > Since the Win...

Free Quantities Using Extended Pricing
Hi, I would like to know if there is a way to enter a promotion using the Extended Pricing as "buy 5 get 1 free", all what I figured that you can build "buy 1 get 1 free" but my customer case is making it in layers each 5 Units with one free. How can I build that? Thanks in advance, ...

Sorting Colums into alphabetical order
I'm trying to sort 50 columns into alphabetical order. The first column contains a name and each column has a formula, How do I arrange the columns into order and make sure all the info in the columns moves with the names? TIA tox Save first--just in case this doesn't work! If you select your range (last row of headers plus all the rows of details) and all the columns in the range you want sorted, then excel should handle it nicely. Sometimes you can get lucky and excel will guess the correct range to sort. I've always felt better by selecting my range first and not letting ...

Money 2003
I've set-up mortage loan account connected to hause asset account. I'm downloading bank transactions reports through internet. Beside others there are loan payments. How I can declare those payments aftewards as loan payments regarding specyfic loan account? Could I define split beetwen principal and interest? Dref ...

Add path of a picture to database
I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee records. The button should have to open a regular dialog box to let me choose the picture of an employee. I need to store only the path. What should I do ? I tried several ways but could not succeeded. Thank you very much in advance. Gokhan ® Check this link on "Handle/Display images in forms/database" http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0030.htm -- Good Luck BS"D "Gokhan ®" wrote: > I'm trying to add a button to form in the database that I use for employee > ...

Using Queries in Excel
What are the best practices for using database-like queries in Excel. Let's say you wish to join to sheets together och view a subset of columns in a third sheet. I've tried several different methods, but I dont think any of them are completely good. I've used VLookup, Index, MS Query. (MS Query must be the must forgotten MS product in history. It's like a time machine back to Windows 3.11) I've also tried alot of different methods for searching a range, based on more than one criteria, and display the result, either a single value or a sum based on several rows. Here i&#...

Readonly a linked table
I have a table that gets generated every month, and we use as a source of data for other databases. We link this, but I was wondering if there is a way to make that linked table read only. Any ideas? Thanks so much, Chris M. hi Chris, mcescher wrote: > I have a table that gets generated every month, and we use as a source > of data for other databases. We link this, but I was wondering if > there is a way to make that linked table read only. Either make the back-end read-only or use a pass-through query instead of a linked table. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Email from Outlook using SharePoint
I have been able to sync a SharePoint library to my Outlook account. i can't seem to able to attach more than one SharePoint file to an email. Is this a system limitation or am I miossing something. ...

what causes the recently used file list option to be unavailable .
Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct this ? John You don't say which version so try searching the knowledge base http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx With a search string of MRU Disabled in Excel -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "JohnPrice" <JohnPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECA43906-EC33-4B92-8580-39923E449B9C@microsoft.com... > Tools / Options / Recently used file list is greyed out - How do I correct > this ? Hi! So...

Print all records on a report ONLY IF Invoice NO is same
How do I get all the detail records for the same invoice no. to appear on the same page? Presumably you have 2 tables, such as: - tblInvoice (the header record), with fields: o InvoiceID primary key o ClientID relates to tblClient.Client o InvoiceDate Date/Time - tblInvoiceDetail (the line items), with fields: o InvoiceID relates to tblIvoice.InvoiceID o ProductID relates to tblProduct.ProductID o Quantity Number o PriceEach Currency etc. To create a report that looks like an invoice: 1. Create a query that uses both tables, along with...

Sort GAL by lastname firstname
Is there any easy way to resort the address book by lastname firstname? We are active directory on 2003 server running exchange 2003. Is it true if I use ADSI Edit it will only effect new users going forward and will not effect all of the current users? Thanks, Don Hi Don, You could use ADModify to change the display name for all accounts/contacts You can use the following variable: %'sn'% %'givenName'%. Warning this would also change the way the users name is displayed elsewhere not just the GAL. ADModify can be downloaded from here: http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspa...

Using tables created in 2003 IN 2007
My office has recently upgraded to 2007. I enjoy new features such as the ability to highlight a few words within the table without the ENTIRE table's font changing; unfortunately, this only works in tables I have created since the upgrade. My old tables that were brought over from 2003 do not have this capability. Is there an add-on out there? I do not have to resort to re-typing and creating all new tables. PS. Copy and pasting into a new table does not work. Convertting the file using the office button does not work. Help? please? I think you talking about what is called...

Totals For a Pivot Table??
I have a pivot table with data linked to an access database. I went to pivot table options and checked the box under the format options area "Grand Totals for columns" so that my colums would have totals at the bottom. When it is on the Title all the way to the far right appears but none of my columns have totals at the bottom?? CAN anybody tell me why?? How can i resolve this, i'm i checking the wrong format box? ...

Placing the results within a table
I have a form where I would add how many openings there are for each position. Once I get the total I can see it on my form but I am not able to transfer that total into my table. My code for this text box is =[VacancyQty1]+[VacancyQty2]+[VacancyQty3]+[VacancyQty4]+[VacancyQty5]+[VacancyQty6] it adds up the number from each of those fields. What I wanna do it to get that sum placed into my table. I have tried [TotalVacancy]=.... "TotalVacancy"=... ="TotalVacancy".... Please help me. I am at a lost. Please and Thank you, Hillary It is not correct to put the total i...