How do you add fields to templates

I am trying to use a contact template but I need to add a field.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Open the table that you need in Design View and add the field with it's
corresponding datatype. Then make sure it is included in any query form, or
report that requires it.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Pepdiggie" <Pepdiggie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use a contact template but I need to add a field.

0
Arvin

Outlook Current View default fields should include From and To
The default view for new folders doesn't include the From or To fields so I end up creating a "new" view every time I create a new folder. So, Outlook should allow a change to the default view a user can adjust or just put in the From field as a baseline field for the default view. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft ...

New message To, CC, BCC and Subject fields don't accept 'delete'
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a problem, actually more like an annoyance: whenever I create a new mail (that includes replying, forwarding etc...) I can type in the header field no problem. However, if I hit 'delete' or 'back' it does not deletethe characters in the field, but the ones in the email body! the only way I can get rid of something I already typed in those fields is by highlighting it and typing over it. It started happening recently, without me doing anything special. I have tried deleting the normal.dot, frmcache.dat and outcmd.dat (the last too out of hope r...

Update back-end tables, fields, relationships etc...
I am looking for some examples of code or links to code examples to update a back-end database appropriately so it works with the next version of the front-end. Both dbs are Access2007, Example: I have a table tblPreference in the back-end that has a versionNumber field and is set to "1.0". If my latest "2.0" front-end is opened I want it to detect the OLD version 1.0 back-end and run the code to update the back-end to "2.0" and then change the version number. Things I need done include: - adding fields to existing tables - deleting fields from ...

How can I use a different layout on a business card template?
I want to use the design on one of the business card templates (Colors), but I like the text layout on another one. Is there a simple way to remove the formatting on the Colors template, and replace it with another? I have already designed a card I like on another template, and want to copy that so I have the colors in the Color template. I am using Publisher 2003. Thank you. Copy and paste? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "emichel" <emichel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:621E331B-E7A7-4D11-93F3-D3991516E3F4@microsoft.com... >I ...

Field Switched
Hello, I have a syntax error in a Word 2003 calculated form control. I have read many of the articles suggested here when dealing with field switches, etc., but keep getting the syntax error. Here is what I am doing and why. Creating a form that will be used by very inexperienced computer users. Some may fill out the form electonically, thus the form fields, others will print it out and fill it in. It must be as simple as possible. verification field with number fields set to calculate on exit and a total calculated field which shows a zero by default. We cannot have th...

Formulae for customized field
Dear sir , I want to use the formulae iif (and ( expression1,expression2),truepart,falsepart). But its not working it is sho wing syntex error with And. how to solve the problem? -- Amey B. Vidvans, Planning Engineer Vidvans_amey@rediffmail.com It's almost like EXCEL but not quite. iif (expression1 AND expression2,truepart,falsepart) Watch out for quoted literal text, eg "truepart" for text and flag fields. -- Trevor Rabey 0407213955 61 8 92727485 PERFECT PROJECT PLANNING www.perfectproject.com.au "Amey" <Amey@discussions.microsoft.com...

visio current date and time fields
How can i search a shape's text for occurrences of current date and time fields. Is there a way I can just search the text for a time field and a date field of any format? Thanks in advance. Hello Biggaford, The text of the shape will only return a mix of the inserted field and so you would be able to check for the the 'current date/time' as opposed to just an abitary date using Edit / Find. If you know the format that was used for the inserted fields you might be able to search using a pattern such as: ^?^?/^?^?/^?^?^?^? ....which will return a match for a date. Other...

How do I add items within the last year
=sumproduct(--(year(a1:a10)=2005),b1:b10) Adjust your range to match, but don't use the whole column. =sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- converts trues and falses to 1's and 0's. Kevbro7189 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

how to add hours and minutes in excel
I have caliculated the time worked for the day using the formula =TEXT(D2-C2, "hh:mm"") -where D2 is the time work closed and C2 is the time work begun. I got total time worked for the day in hours and minutes. I caliculated like this for the whole month. Now here I am facing a big problem totalling all the worked hours for the whole month. I used the formula =SUM(E2:E26) where E2 is D2-C2 and so on. But no result. I formatted the cell where the formula =SUM(E2:E26) as [hh]:mm as I have seen this formatting on these pages.But to no use.Can any one can help me how to ...

Xrefs from Form Fields not Visible
I've got a form that uses xrefs (bookmarks) to repeat field text elsewhere in the doc. Some of the xrefs are showing up as gray boxes, but not all are. The xrefs are functional even if invisible. Removing the \h switch from the xref fields and updating the field does not cause the field to become gray. The paragraph style is the same for both visible and invisible xrefs. I'd like them all to be shown as gray boxes so that my (tech-unsavvy) users can see that the fields are actually there. I do have Show Bookmarks (and Field Shading) checked ON in Word Options. Tha...

Move a field
I created a table in Access 2007 and I want to move a field to a different place on the table. How can I do this without losing my data? Thank you, Dino Diane K wrote: > I created a table in Access 2007 and I want to move a field to a > different place on the table. How can I do this without losing my > data? I can think of no scenario where this should matter, but open the table in design view and then drag the field definition to wherever you want it. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Thanks. "Ric...

add .NET unregister event capability from VS Tools
Because of the architecture of the .NET wrapper classes for GP resources it's critical to be able to unregister events. Othewise some nasty workarounds have to be enginneered to go around this limitation. Case in point: When using FormFactory to launch wrapper forms or own forms one will potentially register to a state field on the dex window exposed via the dex form. Each time the wrapper form is launched it registers a new event handler to the same event. When the form wrapper object gets disposed the memory will never be reclaimed by the gc because of the stray delegate to the e...

Adding new fields to the schema
I'm trying to find any documentation to tell me how to add fields to the schema, but not seeing anything. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious. You want to look at the deployment manager... it has a help file associated with it. >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to find any documentation to tell me how to add fields to the >schema, but not seeing anything. Sorry if I overlooked the obvious. > > >. > keep in imnd that while you can add fields you cannot remove them!! take care and research before adding many fields "kb" <anonymous@discuss...

Why does mail-merge print offset from template?
Hello anyone! I'm trying to create a mailing publication in booklet form (8.5 x 5.5)using Publisher 07 with margins all the way around set at .5. So far, this project is very easy to do but when you look in the page preview and if you print, the page is offset by about 3/8 of an inch from the original margins and on one side of the page it has been cut off. What do I need to do to correct for this? In a another type of program, I had the same problem and I was able to correct for this by setting the page size to 8.5 x 11.1. Do I have to do the same here in a custom blank form? ...

blank field in rule OE6
How can i add a rule that an empty subject will be removed The reason is that you cannot add a blank field Any idea's ThanX Anthony Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Antho...

Programatically place cursor insertion point at the end of Unbound Textbox field
I've placed Unbound TextBox and subform to show records from a table. By default when form stats all records are shown in subform. As user enters 1 character at a time in Unbound TextBox the OnChange() event is triggerred and I filter the records matching what user is entering. The problem I am facing is after the character is entered and records are filtered when focus is back to Unbound Textbox: The cursor is placed infront of the first character entered. I would like to ensure the cursoer is at the end of the last character enered. I did a lot or searching and reaching and I did mad...

how can i use next record from other last record field in access?
i have 2 field, previous value and next value. The 1st record from previous value is keyin manually, while present value are keyin manually everytime. But the next record for previous value is getting from the last record of present value. how can i coding it in access? can any1 help me pls? thx In general, you should not store the same value in 2 records. Instead, get Access to look it up when you need it. For details on how, see: Subquery basics: Get the value in another record at: http://allenbrowne.com/subquery-01.html#AnotherRecord -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, ...

how create sum function in form field
I'm trying to utilize the sum function in a field on an Outlook 2002 form. I want the form field to sum up the other form fields. Sum is not a function listed in the value tab. Please advise. ...

Reports using memo data field
In past versions of Money, I was able to specify data in the memo field to create reports. I can't figure out how to do that in Money 2002. Is is possible? Never mind -- finally figured it out. (Use Tools, Find to search for keyword in memo field, then click on the Create Report button.) ...

add same number to a column of numbers
How do i add .25 to a column of 15 different numbers at one time instead of doing it separately. Let's say you have the 15 different numbers in A1:A20 In B1 put =A1+.25 Copy that down to B20 "djs" <djs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1731B32F-C776-401C-A772-541187721F8F@microsoft.com... > How do i add .25 to a column of 15 different numbers at one time instead > of > doing it separately. Or: enter .25 in an empty cell. Edit>Copy.Select A1:A20 Edit>Paste Special, check Add -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "Barb Reinhardt" <...

Want to add code to ThisOutlookSession, but other code already exists
Hi, I want to add the VBA code mentioned in the first part of this link to my Outlook 2003: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=72 The problem that I am running into is that I already have some code in my ThisOutlookSession that I would like to keep and if I just plop this code in before the other code, this new code doesn't work. If I drop the code mentioned in the link above into an empty ThisOutlookSession on another machine, it works fine. I am probably missing some simple step, but do very little with VBA in Outlook and have been unable to find what I am looki...

Group on date field in pivot table
I cannot group on a date field in XL2002. I select the field header, and Excel says I cannot group on it. I then select all the data elements, and it makes one big group instead of treating the field as "date." The source data is an Excel spreadsheet, and the data is formatted as date both at the source and it the pivot table. Anyone know why this happens or how I can resolve the problem? If there are blank cells, or cells with text, in the date column, you won't be able to group on that field. William Benson wrote: > I cannot group on a date field in XL2002. I sele...

calling onChange of a field
hi, is it possible to call onChange event of a field, from the onChange event of diffrent field within the same form? yes, it is possible. try it crmForm.all.Field_with_onChange_event.FireOnChange() "ismail" wrote: > hi, > > is it possible to call onChange event of a field, from the onChange event of > diffrent field within the same form? ...

Where to add code to open form
I want a form to open in Add mode. I understand that I need to add acFormAdd but I'm not sure whereabouts it should go in the existing command button code - I've tried several places but without success - advice needed please! Below is my existing code - where should I put acFormAdd? Many thanks CW Private Sub cmdInvHeaderForm_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdInvHeaderForm_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmInvoiceHeader" stLinkCriteria = "[Ref]=" & Me![Ref] DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCri...

Football league table templates
has anyone got an automatic update template for a football league table or similar What do you mean by automatic? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "ttinca" <ttinca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B506151C-ECC1-4827-80D9-D599CBC48A6C@microsoft.com... > has anyone got an automatic update template for a football league table or > similar There is a 2006 World Cup tracker on the template web site, it is an Excel file. You might modify it. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/t...