How do you add a drop down calendar to a form field?

Is this possible?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Do you mean the "Class"
MSCAL.Calendar.7...the Calendar Control?

"kjv77" wrote:

> Is this possible?
What version of Access are you using?  I believe that this is built into
Access 2007.

HTH

"kjv77" wrote:

> Is this possible?
It is. Date Picker in the Form Properties Format Tab

"roccogrand" wrote:

> What version of Access are you using?  I believe that this is built into
> Access 2007.
>
> HTH
>
> "kjv77" wrote:
>
> > Is this possible?
There's VB, C, and J code to do this at

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.datetimepicker.dropdown.aspx

But my first choice would be to use Access 2007.

HTH

David

"Tom Ventouris" wrote:

> It is. Date Picker in the Form Properties Format Tab
>
> "roccogrand" wrote:
>
> > What version of Access are you using?  I believe that this is built into
> > Access 2007.
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > "kjv77" wrote:
> >
> > > Is this possible?

Reference a Popup field
In my main form (frmMain) there are several text fields that utilize the hyperlinks option. Each hyperlink brings up a different popup form which are all copies of each other with the only difference being the content of a label. Ideally I would like to utilize a single popup form and programically change the label to reflect some type of phrase indicative to the text box in frmMain. Is there a easy way to do this? In your code opening the popup, change the Caption property of the label. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www....

Increase size of the decsription field on the Acount Maintenance
Hi, What is the possibility to do so and if possible what is the constrains. Thankns You should not modify GP's database structure to accomodate for longer fields: a) it will not replicate to the user interface, and b) you will end up causing all sort of 'Save operation errors' because the dictionary table metadata will not correspond to that of the physical database. Take a look at the following article by David Musgrave, which outlines an approach on how to accomplish this and provides sample code: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008...

How to add more field on My Work
Dear all, In PWA, as a Project Manager, when I go to Server Setting, then Manage Views and select "My Work" in order to manage the view of "My Tasks" for any users, It seems some fields are not available like the "Baseline Finish" or "HREF". However, they do appear on "Project" for GANT purpose. As I need to customize My Task view, how is it possible to add this fields? Thanks for your reply, P.S I use 2007 SP1, cannot migrate to SP2 cause of many errors with our architecture IT. 1) Check if you can create a new Enterprise D...

SBCMSYNC.DLL is not a valid Office add-in ????
Every time I open Outlook I get the following message: C:\Documents and Settings\Roger\Application Data\Microsoft\Addins C:\Program File\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSNC.DLL is not a valid Office add-in. I click Ok and everything seems to work ok. I can't find the file SBCMSYNC.DLL on my system. When I go to Add-ins Manage COM add-ins, I get the same message but it doesn't show any add-in to remove. How can I get rid of this message so that it won't pop up when I open Outlook? -- Roger This problem has been addressed in: "OL2000: Error Message: Not a Valid Office Ad...

programmatically add control for user interaction/feedback
Hi there I am using Excel 2003 and VBA to programmatically create an Outlook 2003 e-mail message. All is working perfectly on this score ... I want to ramp up the sophistication a bit and let a user who receives an e-mail enter some text in a textbox and return the data to me by reply e-mail. Is it possible to programmatically add a control (say, a textbox) to an HTML e-mail message using the Outlook object model from within Excel 2003 using VBA? Best regards Loane Not on the recipient side, which is where it sounds like you'd want it. = Any self-respecting email program will ...

In cell drop down button disappeared
I have a column with a data validation list. My drop down arrow doesn't show up anymore when I select the cell. It has been working for a year with no problem. Where did it go? I looked in Tools-Options to see if anything was unchecked, but all looks good. Any ideas? Joe Excel 2003 If you select the cell and do data>validation is allow list and in-cell dropdown still there (and checked)? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "lunker55" <this_is_not_my_email_address@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e5LtKqoGFHA.2280@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I have a column with a data va...

field not by that name
the following piece of code is intended to requery a subform (frmcustomerlist) after a new customer is added. The following error occurs -- there is not field named forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook!frmcustomerlist in the current record when this code is reached docmd.requery "forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook!fromcustomerlist It is true there is not a field by that name because that is the subform i am wanting to requery. I even tried forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook and the same error occured -- there is not a field named forms!frmsearchkeynamedoslook what am I missing. ...

Form Details In CRM 3.0
Hi All, where does the form information is stored in crm 3.0. Also when we create attributes for entities we give a moer meaningful display name, scheam name and description to the attaributes that we add. i serached the meta database for attribute display names but i couldn't find this. can anyone tell me where i can find them?. thanks, Charith The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM SQL Server database. These values are often spread across several tables. The tables are usually named after the entity they store, and those that end with the word "...

Add phone numbers at the bottom of flyer
I am trying to add the tear off phone #s at the bottom of a flyer in publisher. Is there a way. Thanks What version Publisher? Publisher has built in templates, File, New, Publications for print, select flyer, scroll down to Sale flyers. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:820FD392-81A2-413F-BFAB-1B15B9CF321E@microsoft.com... >I am trying to add the tear off phone #s at the bottom of a flyer in > publisher. Is there a way. Thanks ...

Edit Field
I often record a macro to repeat often-used keystrokes, but today I found a keystroke that couldn't be recorded. I use Tools, Macros, Record a new Macro and assign it to a toolbar. In my document, I have some cross-references to bookmarks. Some bookmarks begin with a lower-case letter (due to the context in which they are used), but this may be changed in the cross-reference by right-clicking on the field, Edit field, Format - First capital. However, when trying to capture this sequence in a macro recording, the right-click function is not available. Is there an alternative ...

Add print buttons for specific printers?
I frequently print to different printers and I'd like to have differen print buttons for specific printers so I don't have to always us "Print.....". Thanks guys -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Inaz Sub Printtest() Dim DPrinter As String DPrinter = Application.ActivePrinter Application.ActivePrinter = "hp officejet k series on Ne00:" ActiveSheet.PrintOut Copies:=5 Application.ActivePrinter = DPrinter End Sub This macro you can assign to a button To know the names of your printers Change to it in the ctrl P dialog (Can...

Creating a Search Form
I have a simple address book spreadsheet. I would like to create a Search form, where the user can enter the Last Name of the person they are searching for. Hi Karen two inbuilt options that you might like to have a look at as long as your data is in "database / list" format ie something like ..........A..............B.....................C......................D 1.....First Name...Last Name.....Address.........Town. 2.....Joe..............Bloggs............15 North Rd.....Little Parks click in cell A2 choose data / filter / autofilter - you'll see a drop down arrow f...

have to add user to local admin group
Hi all I am running Exchange 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 sp1. Everything is isntalled on one server, AD and Exchange are on a single server. I am faced with a troubling problem. I need to give rights to a user so they can add email enabled contacts into an OU. I have given the use the delegated perms to do this, and they can add user to this OU no problem. I have also installed the Exchange admin tools and 2003 admins tools on the users machine. In order for the user to create contacts with an email address in the OU, I have to add this user to the local administrator group on the Exchang...

Updating / Initializing Table Fields Upon Exiting Access
Is it possible to update "Field B" with data from "Field A", and then initialize/clear "Field A" upon exiting Access? Is there a reason you need to do it on exit.. like a time last update thing or something? Otherwise, you might be better of doing it on load... in case the database crashed or hung, and you never got a chance to run your update query. "txmcclain" wrote: > Is it possible to update "Field B" with data from "Field A", and then > initialize/clear "Field A" upon exiting Access? Access does not hav...

create new document, then add data
I added items to my toolbar and menu bars to my app and would now like to do the following: I know how to set up methods to handle the commands. I would like one of my buttons/menu items to create a new document and then add data to it (MDI). Either randomly generated or pulled from a server. What keeps confusing me about the Doc/View architecture and MFC is where pointers to different class instances are, etc. In this case, I need to create a new document first. If I create a method to deal with the command from my new button in the "MyApp" class, that works, but now how d...

Pop Up Calendar Help
I am very new to Excel, working with 2003. I have followed the directions her http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.ht I think I am very close, but when I try to test the code I get run time erro Method'Value' of object 'Icalendar' failed When I select the debug it takes me t the line frm.Calendar.Sho Any help is greatly apprectiead Andrea Andrea, Did you rename the userform to frmCalendar? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Andrea" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

I need macro that adds the values without duplicates
Hi, I have in column J some codes and in column R some numeric values. In J data has duplicates. I want a macro that adds all the values of each code but without duplicates. Something like this: J R PL 32 10 PL 22 5 PL 32 3 It must show in other column the sum of each code. Example PL 32 = 13 y PL 22=5 How can I do this? Thanks!! Why not make a Pivot Table? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm http://www.contextures.co...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Calendar in Excel #2
Hi I recently saw a nice little macro in a spreadsheet that opened a Calendar on screen and by clicking on the calendar, entered a date in a cell. I would like to do this - I tried Sub OpenCalendar() frmCalendar.Show End Sub But this came up with Object error????? Any ideas on how to do this but keep it simple - my objective would be to attach this macro to a button on screen which I have no problem with once I get the right steps to show the Calendar. Thanks a million in advance.. Ann Hi Ann This is not easy; Excel does not contain a calendar. Access does however. Ron has a de...

Check box to add 10%...
In my form I have a check box "Expendable", when I check the check box I need the "UnitPrice" to be multipled by 10%, if the check box isnt checked it needs to be what the user enters, could someone tell me how to do this? Thanks. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 Private Sub Expendable_AfterUpdate() If Me!Expendable = True Then Me!UnitPrice = Nz(Me!UnitPrice), 0) * .1 End If End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "stephendeloach...

Open files from Access Form
Hello all, One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may be a word doc, pdf, or other. How could get Access to open the file using the appropriate program (ie Word, Acrobat..etc) automatically when I click a button. I know how you could specify a particular program, say word, to open a link... But not sure how I could do a pdf. And how I could get it to determine default program settings. Thanks for your help. On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 19:13:02 -0700, kMan wrote: > Hello all, > > One field of my table contains a link to an attached file. This file may b...

Add a Prompt to Entity in Report Builder Model
I am trying to add a prompt (or parameter) to a Report Builder model. My goal is to create a prompt everytime a user build a report that includes a particular entity within the model. I see how to add a Filter object to an Entity in the model, but I do not see any method to change the filter to a prompt. When I create the Filter, I right click on the Attribute the Filter is based on, but all I see is "Edit as Formula" and "Remove Condition" options. I have seen many examples of how to create a prompt when build a report, but none that show how to do it...

To change the tab color in forms
I am new to the CRM version 3.0 i want to change the background color of tab & text color also Hi: AFAIK there is no supported way to do this. John. This message sent from Windows Vista! "mady" <mady@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA664EFD-4183-4121-A1EF-4A1B857F72C9@microsoft.com... >I am new to the CRM version 3.0 > i want to change the background color of tab & text color also ....but there's a couple of unsupported ways. You can apply the style you want in the onload event. The tab id's are numbered from zero to 7: tab0Tab...

Share Calendar in Public Folder
Hi, I have 5 people sharing a calendar under public folder. They use it to make appoinments, is there a way for me to set a color font for each user? so that it's easier to distinguish which belongs to whom. For instance, can I set the font color of user1 to red, user2 to green, etc... Any help/suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ed You can change the labels for that. Edit-> Labels... -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "ED" <anonymous...

How to automatically refresh a form
I have a form which employees use to start and stop jobs they are working on. This is a form they typically leave open most of the day. On the form is a subform which shows the current "jobs in progress". How can I automatically update that subform - say every 5 minutes? I saw the TimerInterval property on the form's properties page, but the "Help" info wasn't very helpful. Thanks for any help, Darrell The TimerInterval is the frequency you want the OnTimer event to occur in Milliseconds. 300,000 would be 5 minutes. You could then simply requery the SubForm i...