How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?

When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are
automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address.
I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other
computers. It sucks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara
<whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the
Microsoft Access database product.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are
>automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address.
>I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other
>computers. It sucks.
0
Tom
3/29/2010 4:09:12 AM
On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara
<whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are
>automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address.
>I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other
>computers. It sucks.

Please repost your question in a forum supporting Outlook. This group is for a
different program, Microsoft Access. When you do, you might want to post your
internet service provider (where Outlook goes to get your email) - different
ISP's have different policies and processes.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Outlook signed messages appear to have an attachment?
[apologies for multi-posting, posting to the other NG was inadvertent] As you may know, when you digitally sign an email to an Outlook user, the signature crypto block in a signed email is sent as one part in MIME multi-part format. I can also see (using OE's distressingly more capable message source viewer) that the content-disposition of the signature block is 'attachment'. So I'm sure someone will say that it's 'correct behavior' for Outlook to show the attachment (paperclip) icon on any signed message -- but let's get real here: a digital sig isn't a...

leave message on server
Comcast has requested I leave a message on the server to help solve a junk email problem. They do not support outlook and couldn't tell me how to do this with Outlook version 9.0.2416 Brad Nelson <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Comcast has requested I leave a message on the server to > help solve a junk email problem. They do not support > outlook and couldn't tell me how to do this with Outlook > version 9.0.2416 With Outlook, there's no way to selectively leave messages on the server. They will all download and be deleted from the server or ...

Toolbars in messages, Outlook 2003
It can best be explained with this screenshot: http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/7817/untitled0yz.jpg I want the "desired" layout in the picture. I've tried the following that I found from an old usenet post: "try renaming your outcmd.dat file to outcmd.old while Outlook is closed. Outlook will rebuild the default toolbars the next time you open it. If your changes to the toolbars "stick" after doing this, then you know it was the outcmd.dat file causing the problem. Make sure to make a backup of the new outcmd.dat file so you can restore it if you ever run i...

Copy Outgoing Messages
Is there a way built-into Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 that a user can be copied on all messages sent by another user? We have a manager that wants to monitor all outgoing messages sent by certain users. Is this possible? Thank you in advance for any help. Not a good way, but it's possible. Move that certain users to a separate mailbox store and use the "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option to forward all the message to a single mailbox of a dummy user account. Certainly NOT a good solution if that certain users have large mai...

error 2424 message
Hi, My database includes a form for rentals of the department-owned car by employees. This form has a combobox to select the hirer. The NotInList event procedure calls to open in Dialog mode the form to enter a new employee's master data, while the rental form goes invisible. The master data form's cmdSave_Click event procedure hides the form. While the rental form is still invisible, its hirer combo NotInList procedure is then to read from the master data form's key field. That's when error 2424 comes in. The direct window provides this: ? Forms(1).Name, Forms(conNew...

Error message when i open a link in Outlook
Whenever i try to open a web link in outlook (2003) i get the following message "this opertaion has been cancelled due to restictions in effect on this computer" Please contact your system administrator" If anyone have every seen this please let me know a resolution thank you http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Brownie" <Brownie @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D1A77A1-064C-4EA2-934C-DA3B0EA72775@microsoft.com... > Whenever i try to open a web link in outlook (2003) i get the following > message > &qu...

error log message
I'm actually getting a couple of error messages. The load user profile call failed with the fallowing error: The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. (The Source is the service control manager). Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient mamory or insufficient security rights. Detail - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format. for C:\documents and settings\networkservice\l...

interna Instant messaging with Exch 2003
is it possible to instant message within only an internal windows 2k domain? and what are the procedures? thanks "Morgan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to instant message within only an internal >windows 2k domain? and what are the procedures? > >thanks Exchange 2003 does not have Instant Messaging. You will need an Exchange 2000 server or you will need to go with Live Communication Server. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.h...

How Do I Overcome "Access Denied" Message
During a recent troubleshooting session with Microsoft, they fixed a problem regarding errors in the . NET Framework Programs. However, after the session was over, I noticed that Microsoft had left a number of directories on my hard drive with very long numbers, all related to reinstalling .NET or removing .NET. I was able to change the names of these directories, and thus determined that they were not used for anything, but were part of the debugging session when Microsoft took over control of my PC. When I tried to delete them, most of them were easily disposed of. However, in ...

Move Mailbox Permission
According to KB 316792 in order to move a mailbox the user account doing the move must have the Exchange Administrator role in Exchange System Manager. Scenario: Windows 2003 - Exchange 2003 AD Admin are not the same than Exchange Admin and I would rather not give them Exchange Administrator in ESM. Is there any way to be more granular with permissions?? maybe set them at the Storage group or database level?? and still have the AD admin move mailbox. Is there any document out there that would help me. Thanks Bernie ...

Relay to Internet domain used locally, but mailbox exists elsewher
We are attempting to configure Exchange 2003 to allow relay to addresses which exist within an Internet domain which has addresses existing in local delivery as well as remote delivery. The server is NOT Internet-facing and receives Internet email via the POP3 connector. For example, using DOMAIN.COM, locally we have User: RALPH Exchange mbx: RALPH@DOMAIN.LOCAL Internet Email: RALPH@DOMAIN.COM So, DOMAIN.COM's email normally resides on an Internet email server, awaiting the POP3 connector. In addition, we have a number of email addresses under the same domain, but are POPd from o...

CStatic Notify message
Hello, I have a static control. In that i am placing an ICON. I have to handle click event in the static control. I am checking the "Notify" check box. After first click i need to disable further clicks untill i finihes the first click. I tried EnableWindow(FALSE). The ICON is disappearing from the control. Tried with ModiyStyleEx(WS_EX_NOPARENTNOTIFY, ...). Anybody advice how i can do this.? Sreeram Try getting rid of SS_NOTIFY style from the control. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Sreeram" <sreeram0425.remove@netscape.net> wrote i...

Howto deploy a Managed Folder mailbox policy to a bunch of mailboxes
Can anybody tell me how to apply a particular managed folder mailbox policy to a bunch of mailboxes on a particular server or a particular database via command shell? I'm trying to use the following shell command: set-mailboxdatabase Admins | set-mailbox -ManagefolderMailboxPolicy "Deleted Items - 30 Days" After pushing return I get the following information: The command completed successfully but no settings of 'Serveranme\SG\Admins' have been modified Can anybody help me ?? Thanks Alex ...

Messages awating Directory Lookup\Categorizer?
I have an ongoing issue with two of my Exchange 2003 boxes. They are both backend servers that seem to queue mail in the messages awaiting directory lookup queue. Also mail gets stuck in the categorizer. When I freeze and unfreeze the queue all mail delivers, but messages that come in after that start the same problem over again. This repeats itself until the server is rebooted, at which point all mail flows normally. I have looked at my GC's and it seems as if the exchange boxes lose connection to a GC for a second or two. Then after connection is regained the exchange boxes start t...

Saving sent messages together with original blocks outbox
When I check the advanced option "In folders other than the Inbox save replies with the original" all outgoing emails get stuck in the outbox and won't send. Anyone experience this problem and have solutions ? ...

"Error has occurred" message when Outlook left idle
Whenever I walk away from my computer for a few minutes, when I come back, I have received this message regarding Outlook: "An error has occurred in this program. To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save in a new file. To quit, click Close. You will lose information since your last save." ...

Can't Close File
I didn't write down the message at the time, but on several occasions I get the message "Can't Close File - File Is In Use". Then I click on Save again, and it saves it just fine. Then if I open and save it again immediately, I don't get the message. It's as though the original save command was issued before something else that's going on has completed. Yes, I've searched the KB, and found nothing. Regretably I can't remember whether it's always the same file, but I don't think so. It just happens occasionally, but it's unnerving when it...

I need a message if number of duplicate records exceeds number allowed
Thanks in advance for any help. I'm trying to create If DCount code on my form that will count the number of duplicate records and then notify me when the number of duplicate records exceeds the number allowed. The number of duplicates allowed is established in tblFloorProgCriteria in the field FloorProgMaxObservations. Here's what I have so far...It's giving me the message as soon as I attempt to add the first record. If DCount("*", "tblFloorProgAudit", "[AuditID] = " & Me.[AuditID] & " And [FloorProgCriteriaID] = "...

Sigh, recovering backups
I apologize for asking a FAQ, but I've looked through old posts, I've looked in the Microsoft KB, I've looked on the web, I've checked several MVP sites, and I'm still not getting an answer that works. I use Outlook 2002. I use only the calendar, task, and contacts tools. My hard drive just died. I bought a new drive and reinstalled Windows 2000 Pro. I dug through the backups I had made and found the Outlook.pst files under Documents and Settings. I tried copying the files into my new disk in the appropriate locations, and I tried importing the files as described...

Test Message
3/25/2010 10:16:06 PM Test reply "Someone" <x@y.com> wrote in message news:uVle%23ZDzKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > 3/25/2010 10:16:06 PM Test "User1" <User1@notreal.com> wrote in message news:eANo26mzKHA.6112@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Test reply > > "Someone" <x@y.com> wrote in message > news:uVle%23ZDzKHA.4492@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > 3/25/2010 10:16:06 PM > > ...

Outbound messages confidentiality notice
Hi, In Exchange Server 2003, is there a way to automatically add a confidentiality notice at the bottom of every outbound message ? Thank you. Pierrot Yes. www.gfi.com and get mail essentials. Its called a disclaimer normally which may help you search for it. "Pierrot Robert" <mcthepro_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:etvdoL%23OGHA.2704@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > In Exchange Server 2003, is there a way to automatically add a > confidentiality notice at the bottom of every outbound message ? > > Thank you. > > Pierrot > Hi, ...

Outlook express
I can no longer send messages, only receive. I get "An Encrypted Email connection has been detected" message and it will not allow me to send messages. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks. ...

Mailbox Rights #7
I am running Exchange 2003 Server. I have to grant access to some of the mailboxes to users. In short it's a shared mailbox. I can go to Exchange Server, MS Exchange\Active Directory Users and Computers and select a user account properties Exchange Advance, mailbox rights and assign a group to Full access and remove the Delete Mailbox Storage and it works fine. I then go to security tab and allow the same group to send as and it works fine. But if I do the same thing with Read permission in both of the places (Mailbox rights and Security tab) users can not even access the mailbox. C...

typing arabic characters in the subject line of a new message
In outlook 2002(Office XP Arabic), 1. Some of the outlookbar items appears as ?????. How can I eliminate this? 2. Why I cannot type Arabic in the Subject line of a new e- mail message. Kindly forward your valuable guidance to solve these problems. thanks ...

OL2010: Asign message to a categories in the "new message" screen
Hi, The shortest way i know is to click options, then click on properties and then click on Categories and select the categories. Do you know quick way to do the above? Can i add to the ribbon of the new message screen the "Categories" button? could you please specify the procedure step by step? Thanks Categories are not available when you compose messages -its a privacy feature as it would be sent with the message and the recipient will see it. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/send_categories.asp for a solution. Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.out...