How do I print a select number of address records from Access

I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm
doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 8 Nov 2007 12:23:04 -0800, robbie6 <robbie6@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm
>doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks.

Create a Query based on the table containing the addresses (and perhaps other
tables). View the query's Properties (with the View menu item, or rightclick
the background behind the table icons and select Properties). Set the Top
Values property to the desired number of records.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
11/8/2007 9:13:01 PM
Hi Robbie6,
In most tables I create, I add a yes/no field which I call "selected".
The ability of marking records (individually or in bulk, via update
queries), in addition of course to selecting records by other criteria via
other queries, comes in quite handy when I want to be able to print, delete,
export the "selected" records.

Gino

"robbie6" wrote:

> I'm trying to print just a select number of records for a mailing that I'm
> doing. I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks.

numbering
Is there a way to format a cell so that you can put in a 1 and then the next time you print it out that number will change to 2 and so on? ...

Printing problem from Excel 2007

Cannot access by OWA
Hi there, we�ve two ex2k servers. First in domain 1 with internet connection. Second in subdomain, connected by a dedicated line. Both servers are in same org and site. When I try to access the second server by owa I can�t access the mailboxes there. That�s only possible on the first server (SSL security is enabled). Do I�ve missed to configure something? Thanks for any advice. JK Sorry, found it myself. Just have to configure the server as a frontendserver! "J. Kuenzel" <kuenzelj@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OT3swrqLEHA.3696@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi the...

Access attachments don't work anymore
Outlook 2000's security update makes it impossible to receive MS Access .mdb or .mde files. But I need to do this to earn a living as an Access developer! Other than have the sender rename the file there must be a simpler way to override the security patch. Outlook Express let's you turn off this feature but OL 2000 has no such setting. (The feature is basically worthless anyway - any hacker would know you just rename the file, put your hacker code in it and send it. Access will open ANY file, regardless of what you name it!!) See if the information on the following page help...

Printing as PDF
I have a portion of a sheet that I want to print/save as a pdf to a folder on my hard drive. The folders location is C:\Documents and Settings\Compaq_Owner\Desktop\Invoices. I also want the file name to be the value found in cell j19 on the "PO Form" worksheet. Any help? Hi Download and install Cute PDF-Writer (http://www.cutepdf.com/) It installs as a printer. Now, you can write any documents (Excel, Word, various pictures, web pages, etc. to PDF format. Simply open the document, select Print from menu, select CutePDF Printer, and when you click on Print button, a file save dia...

adding a leading 0 to only the numbers with 4 digits
I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 records, I'd like a way to add a leading zero to only the zip codes with 4 characters. Any ideas? thanks Swamp, Format/Cells/Special/Zip Code Beege "SwampYankee" <johndillworth@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1147451549.294898.147230@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > I'm converting a bunch of data and during the import Excel dropped the > leading zero from all the lip codes. Since this is about 15,000 > records, I&...

SMTP address list
Does anyone know of a way to obtain a list of all SMTP email addresses accepted by a server and the corresponding user account in Exchange 2003? Thanks Brad Palmer You can use LDIFDE to dump Active Directory attributes to a text file. The email addresses are held in the 'proxyAddresses' attribute, so: ldifde -f dump.ldf -l proxyaddresses This will give you a file called dump.ldf containing your addresses. You can add other Active Directory attributes to the export file as you see fit. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexc...

frustrations with Access 2006
is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a project..., Access 2006 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-repairable file (or somtimes just a corrupt form, never-the-less: frustrating)? short of going back to an earlier version of the program, does any one have ANY suggestions? thanks in advance... mark "Mark Kubicki" <mark.kubicki@verizon.net> wrote in message news:u7Pv4lHDIHA.4880@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > is anyone else frustrated with the number of time, when editing a > project..., Access 2007 crashes, leaving behind a corrupt, un-re...

Connection filtering record
1. I have set up connection filtering. How can I see what mail is being rejected? 2. Since setting up connection filtering the email tracking shows all emails being delivered to the intended recipient AND the badmail folder. Could someone explain this? To answer your first question, take a look here: http://www.martijnjongen.com/eng/html/log_analyzer.htm Not sure about the second question. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nate" <nmorse@aimcomm.com> wrote in message news:ewUBm6C3DHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

Access, average several fields in one row
I have several rows of data in a field, I need to average all the entries in one row I have 12 fields for 12 months of data, I need the average of the sum of all non blank entries. For example 3 months completed, the solution in Excel is (field1+field2+field3)/3 I am looking for method to average the sum in Access One way if you can't change your data is to use a VBA function. I've posted one below. You would call it in a calculated field in a query. Assuming your field names are the abbreviated month names the expression might look like the following. Field: fRow...

make XL stop interpreting email addresses as highlighted links?
In several worksheets I store email addresses but XL insists on making them links. So, if I ever select the cell, it tries to open Outlook (which I won't let on my machine), etc. It takes me 30 seconds to get control back. I've looked everywhere in Options but I haven't found anything to stop this. My workaround is to type the email address in an unused cell, then copy it and Paste Special into the target cell with "values only". What a pain. Can you gurus please help? By the way, I did look hard and long for this in earlier posts -- I can't be the only one...

Access 2007 Reports
I'm using an Access 2000 mdb (split ends) in Access 2007. I cannot up- convert because other terminals don't have Office 2007. It works as a database just fine except: When I try to change a (front end) report from the default printer to another specific printer in design view, page setup, it all LOOKS good except it does not save my changes upon return and goes back to the default printer. I never had this problem with earlier versions of Access and the specific printer in questions works fine with other apps and terminals. Any ideas people? Many thanks. JM This is a known prob...

Page Number in Repeat Rows area
Is there a way that I can put a Page Number in the Repeat Rows area of a sheet - and get it to update when I print? I have found one piece of VBA that puts a page number within a cell but it is only updated if the cell is outside the Repeat Row area. When it is within the Repeat Rows area I just get a page number of 1 corresponding to the original row location.. I do some VBA programming but am not an expert. TIA cheers Chris Nothing comes to mind that doesn't require VBA code. You can paste the following in the sheet header (File | Page Setup) and page x of y will print on ea...

Print Macro #2
Trying to write a macro to print a spreadsheet where the number of rows of data varies. What's wrong with this code? Dim rng As Range Set rng = Range("A1").End(xlDown).End(xlToRight) With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintArea = rng End With Thank you. Pam Hi Pam Leave your PrintArea empty Excel will print all cells with a value on the sheet -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2002 SP-2) www.rondebruin.nl "Pam" <gasp0225@juno.com> wrote in message news:16e401c38521$a7d25420$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Trying to write a macro to ...

Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC?
I was assigned to upgrade one program from Access(using ODBC to connect to SQL 2000) to ASP.NET(using store procedure in SQL 2000). Finally, I tested them and found that ASP.NET is slower than Access. The mojority job of program is select some data from SQL 2000 tables, modify and then insert into some tables. Is store procedure always fast than Access linked table via ODBC? -- Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com Stored procedures don’t add any overhead and they can save compile time. It's the code in the stored procedure and the underlying tables / indexes that ...

IE8 can't access Microsoft Office site when all other browsers can
When trying to access the Microsoft Office page using IE8 I keep getting the "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" message. If I use any other browser (Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome) I have no problem accessing the page. This happens whether running in normal or No Add-on's mode. Despite how many people keep complaining about all the problems with IE8, neither the MVP's or Microsoft acknowledge that they exist. Asus P5E Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0GHz 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 Windows 7 Ultimate (with all the latest updates installed) NIS 2010 (all up to date)...

Unable to open Access 95 mdb in Access 97
Hi I am trying to open an old Access 95 mdb in Access 97...I didn't create it but someone who knew the database way back when said that a system.mda file was created for that particular database because it had a lot of personal info in it. (I am not familiar with mda files...the database folder also had a system.ldb file there as well...I deleted that file...but am unsure why it wasn't closed out to begin with) I was able to open Access 97 and repair it...but when I go to open it in Access 97...I get an Automation Error...Cannot find VEENLR3.hlp file. Do you think it may ha...

Contract
When I attempt to Invoice a Contract, I get the following error: <description>The service address of the contract is invalid.</description><details>The service address is invalid, this contract can not be set to invoice state.</details> Does anyone know what the issue/error could be? Hi Kathy, Not sure about service address, but check if the contact address and bill-to address for the contract has been set. To invoice a contract both these addresses are required. Hope this helps! Sam _______________ Inogic Innovative Logic Innovative solutions for your SME E...

Backup error Access Denied
I have been recieving the following error message for a while and can't figure out how to fix it. It is only happening on one mailbox. "Backup - \\MBMAIL\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes Access denied to file Jhon Doe [jdoe]Top of Information StoreSync IssuesServer FailuresMail Delivery (failure jdoe@xyz.com)." Help Please Can you access the mailbox from a mail client? If so, you can use mdbvu to look at the Top of the Information store folder, and delete the message in there. If you cannot access the mailbox, then I have seen it where some users think they are ...

Printing Labels on Sato CL408
We are in the process of migrating from our existing proprietary POS and Inventory system to RMS. Part of the migration involves migrating the label printing function for our existing Sato CL408 label printers. I have done this successfully except for one detail. The labels are small labels (1 in. by 1.5 in) that are printed side-by-side. To get the second side-by-side label to print, I have to "fool" the label designer wizard into thinking it is printing to a label 3.5 inches wide. The data on the left side is duplicated on the right side, resulting in two labels being p...

Deleting record from bindingsource
Hi I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source TblClientsBindingSource. The binding source has a data table as its data source as per below code; dAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM tblClients WHERE ...", Conn) dAdapter.Fill(dTable) TblClientsBindingSource.DataSource = dTable My question is; how do I delete the record currently pointed to by the binding source from the backend database table tblClients? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source &g...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...